Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Ethereals have something to do with Shadowlands?
    I've been expecting some sort of connection between them and the Brokers, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I'm not against this, but don't see that happening anytime soon unless Blizzard starts cracking down real hard.
    Even then it'd just go underground again.

I remember Blizzard playing whack-a-mole with dataminers for TBC and WotLK. Was kind of amusing. "Oh, this site got hit with a C&D. Ah there's the new site. And its gone...and there is its replacement" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious by now that the 12 symbols have NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO with twelve classes in the game, or 12 races.

They're runes. There's something about runes coming in 9.2. Danuser even mentions this in his tweet. It's something to do with runes and the covenants, almost certainly. Not the number, but their very existence. Covenants, runes, the Jailer, etc.
    Always possible. But might as well speculate on them a bit while we have the opportunity. It seems unlikely they were chosen and put in a video lined up like this if all they wanted to do was tease runes. That's a lot of effort for what could have just been a picture post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKharon View Post
    I mean FFXIV can release whole expansions without public testing (and datamining) and they are no worse for bugs/tuning then WoW expansions. It would cost a lot of money (and so ActiBlizz will never do it) but it is possible. They should at least try a little with patches...
    I think its less money and more their philosophy on them. That and it gets them advertising and well who wouldn't want free advertising.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not sure they'd add a new gear systems feature. Feels more like 9.2 is likely to step back from them. Everyone jumped on the 12 = 12 classes train, but there's also 12 races per faction.
    12 small runes for races...3 big runes for factions...third faction with 12 new races confirmed!

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Ethereals have something to do with Shadowlands?
    Ethereals are literally the Great Dark Beyond version of the Brokers. So it seems weird to include them. The Brokers are essentially the Cosmos version of them.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKharon View Post
    I mean FFXIV can release whole expansions without public testing (and datamining) and they are no worse for bugs/tuning then WoW expansions. It would cost a lot of money (and so ActiBlizz will never do it) but it is possible. They should at least try a little with patches...
    But what is the actual advantage of that? Besides titillating the few spoilerphobic people on this forum? Besides I'm fairly sure they do do public testing: They just make people do it in person at software cafes in Japan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Ethereals are literally the Great Dark Beyond version of the Brokers. So it seems weird to include them. The Brokers are essentially the Cosmos version of them.
    Just say "Arcane"

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Well they did say tier sets would come back. But I'm pretty sure its supposed to be the title & logo: Zereth Mortis. It was a pretty conspicuous word the brokers used to refer to where the Jailer was going.
    Yeah, that's also a possibility.

Also adds to my theory Venari is the Arbiter.
    This would be interesting.

If it wasn't patently obvious that the next patch will be in whatever the First Ones place is called, I'd think it would be Light-themed. The style of the rune GREATLY resembles that of the runes inscribed upon the Lightforged war machines, and upon the aura of the Naaru.

But never forget this truth: "The Light has made a bargain with the enemy of all [the Janitor]"
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    12 small runes for races...3 big runes for factions...third faction with 12 new races confirmed!
    Sounds like something meant for a new expansion, not a patch though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Sounds like something meant for a new expansion, not a patch though.
    Feature maybe even too big for an xpac. They would have to fully lift cross-faction PvE restrictions to not completely blow up current "balance".
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Just say "Arcane"
    Fair enough, again their domain is the Ordered Universe (Arcane) while the Brokers are the Cosmos version of it.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Regarding the 12 runes = 12 classes thing.

The big "circle rune" only has 8 of the smaller runes on it; however, it does look like, if assuming there's some resolution/artifacting going on, all 8 of the runes on that circle do correspond to 1 of the 12.

Random prediction

- The Jailer wins!
    - The only way to avoid the end of reality is to travel back in time. Nozdormu will help us but it is going to cost his sanity.
    - The new system is runes We can socket them anywhere and basically create our set. Maybe runes from Ulduar??
    Last edited by KainneAbsolute; 2021-11-10 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    Regarding the 12 runes = 12 classes thing.

The big "circle rune" only has 8 of the smaller runes on it; however, it does look like, if assuming there's some resolution/artifacting going on, all 8 of the runes on that circle do correspond to 1 of the 12.
    Yes. Specifically 3, 7 9, 5, 8, 11, 2, and 12.

There are 12 armor slots (if you only count the ring as one and the trinkets as one).

I cannot fathom how they dont at least shoehorn Arthas into 9.2. Pull all the ripcords. So whatever the runes are, id try to relate them to Arthas.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I GOT IT. There are 12 numbers in the first numbers from 1 to 12. So, i think it has to do something with the number 12.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    12 sigils symbolize 12 months that 9.2 will last. Extra 3 on bottom in case it will last 3 more months.

Ok people, prepare your shitposting for tomorrow, it will be long day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I cannot fathom how they dont at least shoehorn Arthas into 9.2. Pull all the ripcords. So whatever the runes are, id try to relate them to Arthas.
    It'd be baffling to go this expansion without Arthas showing up. I had expected it by now, really.

It'd be like WoD but no Grom.

10+ Year Old Account

fakes are already running wild
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire