Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yea, there's very little chance they'd use "Mechanic". I feel like this might be another other-language issue, because in American English the word "mechanic" is very heavily associated with vehicle repair, rather than just "works with machines"

There are other issues with the two logos, but the text just seems like it was a poor effort.
    I figure English is a second language of whoever wrote this based on all sorts of evidence. Aside from the poor spelling in some areas and the use of British English' "customise" instead of "customize", this makes me think the leaker isn't an English-speaker, which is a shame, because that always makes leaks less fun when they aren't immediately reasonable to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nraktja View Post
    Yeah it's just sitting there, and many Warcraft fans have also previously made well-thought out class idea posts regarding it. The only thing is, it's more used for gnomes in-game as I recall. But it shouldn't matter as much, it can easily be expanded as a class archetype.
    I'd say that "Tinker" and "Artificer" ought to be merged as concepts. That would allow for more races to be used for it—perhaps Gnomes and Goblins ought to start using Titan technology more, allowing for both Tinkers and Artificers to use similar magitek systems instead of relying upon entirely different systems that would alter gameplay too profoundly?

Quote Originally Posted by AstroPup View Post
    You realize at this point you're just boycotting the victims of what happened and everyday employees who had nothing to do with it, right?
    The execs were still hiring union-busting firms to stifle criticism and organization. They're also making the bulk of the money off most transactions. I'm not totally planning on cutting Blizzard off, but I'm not in the mood for wistful thinking along the lines of "oh, they're just the poor little guys who didn't know : ) ) ) )". It's best to be reasonable with where to draw the line with criticism right now.

"Fate of Eternity" more like "Fake of Eternity".

Regardless what is important is that this got less internet traffic that that terrible leak of "Ghostly Stormwind" from 8.3. The desperation for a Stormwind Raid is real but it's not happening ever
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    "Fate of Eternity" more like "Fake of Eternity".

Regardless what is important is that this got less internet traffic that that terrible leak of "Ghostly Stormwind" from 8.3. The desperation for a Stormwind Raid is real but it's not happening ever
    How is that relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by AstroPup View Post
    If a world revamp was coming I don't see why the Blizz team would have bothered with all these "offensive" changes since they would have already been on their way out.
    This is a good point, but I don't Blizz will remove Cataclysm zones from the game as they did with Vanilla zones this time.

Lol are you guys blind? The runes are clearly letters.
    Try to decipher it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Try to decipher it.
    Well, the only thing I could figure out of 6x6 would be "Zereth Mortis". I checked, and the third letter of the second word is not the same as the fourth of the first. I don't know what else would be 6x6 that would fit, but it would have to be something where the letters are consistent. Consistency between the letters is, indeed, the only way of figuring this out.

To be specific, it almost certainly can't be a code because there is NO CONSISTENCY across the letters. Unless it's a six-by-six phrase that doesn't contain any repetitions of the same letters, it can't be a code. There are no relevant connections I can think of to Shadowlands that would fit that.

"Borean Tundra" and "Zereth Mortis" are the only two I'd figure, and both have repetitions.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2021-11-10 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yea, there's very little chance they'd use "Mechanic". I feel like this might be another other-language issue, because in American English the word "mechanic" is very heavily associated with vehicle repair, rather than just "works with machines"
    Actually if you’re trying to use a broader term, going with mechanic over tinker makes a lot of sense. Tinker is very race specific, tending to mainly apply to only Goblins and Gnomes. Going with “mechanic” allows a much broader reach and design pool to work with. I could see a human mechanic before I could see a human tinker. Also mechanic sounds better as a class name.

This is really no different than when Blizzard went with Monk over Brewmaster for a class name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    How is that relevant?

It's not. He is purposely making broad, generalized statements that aren't currently being discussed while not directing them to anybody in particular, only to incite trollish/flaming responses. Per usual.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-11-10 at 10:49 PM.

Wow there is so little excitement for this patch announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    Maybe.

But for sure tomorrow there will be lot of internet traffic when they bring out the cash machine that is Arthas.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

"So much awaits discovery in the geometry. So many truths lie in the intersections. The fractals."

- Steve Danuser

This is a direct quote from this item in-game

https://www.wowhead.com/item=185931/...rt-a37j-part-4

Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    Not even that, we are skeptical, given Blizzards recent track record of things. I hope it’s good tho

Way too many people want 9.2 to be on Azeroth tho

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually if you’re trying to use a broader term, going with mechanic over tinker makes a lot of sense. Tinker is very race specific, tending to mainly apply to only Goblins and Gnomes. Going with “mechanic” allows a much broader reach and design pool to work with. I could see a human mechanic before I could see a human tinker. Also mechanic sounds better as a class name.

This is really no different than when Blizzard went with Monk over Brewmaster for a class name.
    Again, mechanic has a very specific connotation in American English that does not make for a good class name. "Repairman" does not sound interesting and super cool, and they are never going to add a Tinker class that is not just called Tinker, the thing everyone expects a technology class to be called within the universe. Racial-tinge of the name is clearly not an issue since they were willing to theme monks, available to many races, entirely around Pandaren and the August Celestials. Also I'm not going to get into this with you, because you might be able to kid yourself, but it's super, super obvious you just really want this leak to be right because it means Tinkers are being added.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Try to decipher it.
    It does seem to be some sort of message, but it's unlikely to just "be letters" since every symbol is different. For the record, they seem to fall into three categories, triangular, diamond and then square/H shaped.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2021-11-10 at 11:07 PM.

I think it’s pretty safe to assume that the twelve lesser runes are representing the twelve classes in game.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    "Not that many people excited"

Could be people are just busy nooo can't be that >_>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think it’s pretty safe to assume that the twelve lesser runes are representing the twelve classes in game.
    And what of the other 3? Also, are you tired of winning? xd

Quote Originally Posted by Svetox View Post
    And what of the other 3? Also, are you tired of winning? xd
    Yeah, pretty much, but it keeps on giving.

I don’t know, 12 classes + 3 roles sounds a bit too easy. But the symbols for sure must have a meaning.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I just combined the bottom three.

This mean anything to anyone? Seeing some obvious 'sacred geometry' lining up, or maybe the 6 cosmic forces on our cosmology charts.

loook into the fraacttaalss maaaaaan.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2021-11-10 at 11:44 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!