Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    this was posted a few days ago on reddit. Now, it got the patch's name wrong, but that logo is VERY similar to the one that actually released. Do we have our expansion name?
    Patch logos have same style since BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    It wasn’t “cut short” if it was always planned to be a short expansion.
    That's NOT what they said. Why would they admit to a "short" expansion. Every expansion is between 22 to 25 months long. I agree there shouldn't have been a 9.3 but only because I'd rather they skipped the "filler" raid (I hated Nazjatar)

“ There are many facets of the Warcraft universe still waiting for us to explore in both the cosmic sense of Eternity’s End, and the more grounded events in Azeroth featuring characters we know and love, with many areas yet in Azeroth to be discovered.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Speaking of cataclysm, ghostcrawler for example said after leaving the team that LFR was a mistake and he would not put it in the game if he had the knowledge of today. Obviously no one in the current devteam will admits such things while fans play unpaid PR for them
    Well I meant more in the realm of cut content than design decisions themselves.

LFR is the only reason I can even see the story in the game so I don't think it's a mistake at all. I hate raiding but the story is important to me, so LFR is important.

with many areas yet in Azeroth to be discovered.”
    *crosses fingers for underground expansion*

“ There are many facets of the Warcraft universe still waiting for us to explore in both the cosmic sense of Eternity’s End, and the more grounded events in Azeroth featuring characters we know and love, with many areas yet in Azeroth to be discovered.”
    They already said we're getting a more grounded, analog themed expansion next time. That's not new information. And has nothing to do with how many major patches we have per cycle.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was talking more in general about devs not admiting things which cut content ect. falls under
    Im pretty neutral about the thing i feel like raiding is a dead end design in wow anyways, something which also the devs not admit
    Maybe because devs don't feel it like you do?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-11-11 at 08:33 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I worry so bad about returning to Sword stuck in Azeroth, The Scourge ravaging Elwynn Forest and the areas around it, Yrel and her Crusade entering the Azeroth Atmosphere, Void Crusade entering the Azeroth Atmosphere with Xal'atath and her friends, Life infestations.

There's so many ways for next expansion to have clusterfuck amount of storylines that I just hope that Eternity's End just washes itself clean of all of that.

The current Writing Team can barely tackle one storyline at the time, going back to the same Azeroth we left is not going to be fun.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I worry so bad about returning to Sword stuck in Azeroth, The Scourge ravaging Elwynn Forest and the areas around it, Yrel and her Crusade entering the Azeroth Atmosphere, Void Crusade entering the Azeroth Atmosphere with Xal'atath and her friends, Life infestations.

There's so many ways for next expansion to have clusterfuck amount of storylines that I just hope that Eternity's End just washes itself clean of all of that.

The current Writing Team can barely tackle one storyline at the time, going back to the same Azeroth we left is not going to be fun.
    Reset everything pre-Sundering = win.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    this was posted a few days ago on reddit. Now, it got the patch's name wrong, but that logo is VERY similar to the one that actually released. Do we have our expansion name?
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/347751725903380492/908448332026900540/unknown.png[/IMG]
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/347751725903380492/908447979726315560/7c7e9cog5vx71.png[/IMG]
    No Dungeon, No Trials of the First Ones, no Unified Faction.

This leak is 5000% busted.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post

I don’t think Azeroth will be in flames. Just instead of bandits in Elwynn it may also be Scourge.

Yrel seems more like she’d be an endgame antagonist, not in a leveling zone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Possible yeah
    Or maybe the devs do and they dont want to admit it because they can get away with thanks to, ehem, fans. Which we talked about and set the precedence
    Again, thx as always, for stating the obvious tho!
    Ye np. Always happy to help people so mad for some reason on a video game and the devs that make it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I am bit confused by this line but its probably just because of the wording.

Zereth Mortis exists for the sole purpose of creating "the Afterlife", all of it. Shadowlands was fashioned there along with many things of the strength of Death that we have yet to discover.

Does this mean of the Shadowlands is artificial and not the "real" realm of Death?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Okay so 10.0 predictions begin, I suppose?

Here's what I expect/hope will happen:

• Announcement during the Game Awards, with a cinematic and perhaps 3 minutes of Ion or somebody talking to Geoff onstage. More information on WoW's official channels and to be released over the coming weeks and months.
    • Alpha begins in Q1 of 2022.
    • 10.0 is basically Azeroth remade, and from a lore standpoint there is a big reset. Whether through time travel, Azeroth being born, the world being remade, or whatever. It'll feel new and fresh. Coinciding with this, they'll release a WoW Mobile version which either has entirely different gameplay but ties into the main game somehow, or literally is a fully mobile version of the game with a fresh UI.
    • Release around Q3 of 2022, a few months after WotLK: Classic and abut 8 months after 9.2.
    I don't see how they could possibly remake Azeroth up to the standards of Darkshore and Arathi in a single expansion. I think a revamp of that scope more realistically would have to be divided over a few expansions. At the very least - Kalimdor one expansion and Azeroth another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so 10.0 predictions begin, I suppose?

Here's what I expect/hope will happen:

• Announcement during the Game Awards, with a cinematic and perhaps 3 minutes of Ion or somebody talking to Geoff onstage. More information on WoW's official channels and to be released over the coming weeks and months.
    • Alpha begins in Q1 of 2022.
    • 10.0 is basically Azeroth remade, and from a lore standpoint there is a big reset. Whether through time travel, Azeroth being born, the world being remade, or whatever. It'll feel new and fresh. Coinciding with this, they'll release a WoW Mobile version which either has entirely different gameplay but ties into the main game somehow, or literally is a fully mobile version of the game with a fresh UI.
    • Release around Q3 of 2022, a few months after WotLK: Classic and abut 8 months after 9.2.
    I honestly haven't moved off my expectation.

- Announced after Hall of Fame Sepelchur closes.
    - Launch Spring 2023
    - World Revamp due to passage of time, not due to any time travel/universe reboot.
    - Blizz will absolutely try to make their own Scions.

Though Wrath Classic after just one year of BC? No way that happens.

[QUOTE=The-Shan;53466973]this was posted a few days ago on reddit. Now, it got the patch's name wrong, but that logo is VERY similar to the one that actually released. Do we have our expansion name?

How many times are people going to think they're the first ones to post this here?

Maybe the reason for their low output is because resources are being poured into a revamp.
    Now that’s some good copium

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Shelldor;53467069]

How many times are people going to think they're the first ones to post this here?
    There's always that one leak that's proven false 500 times over but keeps coming back because it's "fancy" and "what I always wanted."

It was Awakenings last time too. Just without airships.

7+ Year Old Account
    With covid? I dont think so, but people can belive whatever they want obviously
    And here we agree.

Also, careful. "Covid doesn't matter" is a common text Blizz bashers kept repeating. Don't get on the wrong side of your people.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I am bit confused by this line but its probably just because of the wording.

[I]Zereth Mortis exists for the sole purpose of creating "the Afterlife", all of it. Shadowlands was fashioned there along with many things of the strength of Death that we have yet to discover.
    The implication seems to be The First One created Death and it didn’t exist before then, though this may be a lie. Though we get to see 3D printed prototypes of the Eternal Ones as a raid boss (no joke) so they created apparently everything in SL.

Give COVID a rest, already. They are pretty much back to normal capacity at this point. COVID didn't slow them down for long, it's mostly the legal scandals doing that (and the fact that Blizzard downsized their teams).
    I agree with this. 1 patch per year isn’t because of COVID-19. It’s the new normal for WoW going forward.