1. #13221
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    19,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm sure the whole wow team knows how this all ends. Her not being on the WoW team is an interesting find though. I know people hate her but I hardly have an issue with her.



    OT: I don't expect a 10.0 announcement at gameawards, I just don't. I find that unlikely and I'm not cynical
    She’s actually been very Vocal about how she’s never been on the wow team and has never directed the story or even really had any in put on it.

    But people love finding some one to hate so they see that she likes X character and paint her with a target no matter how miss placed it is.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-11-13 at 06:40 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  2. #13222
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Because we are heroes who have literally ventured to hell and saved the entire fabric of reality, and I feel like it wouldn't make much sense for us to combat poverty in Westfall?
    Not trying to shit on you, but I'm gonna take that out of your intended context and ask: who wouldn't want to combat poverty? It'd be boring for the skills of a hero and possibly be boring gameplay, but I'd love simple acts of helping people, restoring ravaged lands etc. We've seen NPC Druids&Shamans reviving Desolace and healing Silithus, but something to that effect to address long-standing issues as (optional) side content would go miles to make the world feel more lived, and in the case of Westfall, would give Horde players a way to build bridges, maybe literally, to the Alliance.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  3. #13223
    The cursed number…

  4. #13224
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Not trying to shit on you, but I'm gonna take that out of your intended context and ask: who wouldn't want to combat poverty? It'd be boring for the skills of a hero and possibly be boring gameplay, but I'd love simple acts of helping people, restoring ravaged lands etc. We've seen NPC Druids&Shamans reviving Desolace and healing Silithus, but something to that effect to address long-standing issues as (optional) side content would go miles to make the world feel more lived, and in the case of Westfall, would give Horde players a way to build bridges, maybe literally, to the Alliance.
    It would certainly be a massive change. Someone would complain though due to well gamers be gamers. I'm not against it but part of me wants them to go all the way with all the zones. Even if it means the expansion lasting way longer then any expansion ever had.



    Note: If this doesn't happen doesn't mean I'll lose my shit and rage about it. I don't care for constant outrage.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  5. #13225
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Not trying to shit on you, but I'm gonna take that out of your intended context and ask: who wouldn't want to combat poverty? It'd be boring for the skills of a hero and possibly be boring gameplay, but I'd love simple acts of helping people, restoring ravaged lands etc. We've seen NPC Druids&Shamans reviving Desolace and healing Silithus, but something to that effect to address long-standing issues as (optional) side content would go miles to make the world feel more lived, and in the case of Westfall, would give Horde players a way to build bridges, maybe literally, to the Alliance.
    Don't get me wrong, it could be really interesting content for a low level player.

    But having the person who literally just came back from fighting a Titan-level threat do boring bureaucracy is awful writing. That's the problem with "low-fantasy, realistic settings". It's terrible writing to have our characters participate in that most of the time.

  6. #13226
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Don't get me wrong, it could be really interesting content for a low level player.

    But having the person who literally just came back from fighting a Titan-level threat do boring bureaucracy is awful writing. That's the problem with "low-fantasy, realistic settings". It's terrible writing to have our characters participate in that most of the time.
    99% of people don't care about that stuff and it would go a long way especially if we got actual content that didn't revolve around combat that came as a result of it. So for that alone, it would be worth it.

  7. #13227
    Pit Lord Gifdwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Ban Realm of the Shadowlands
    Posts
    2,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    This is my hope. Also, for the love of God please drain the Thousand Needles and make it a canyon again. Modern WoW graphics would make it a really cool zone.
    I'm hoping a revamp heals a lot of the zones, so many are in a disastrous state years after the cataclysm.

  8. #13228
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I think people may interpret this the wrong way.
    It could also just mean that Golden just knows where Sylvanas ends up in the end.. and probably how this all ends... that are the 10% she knows.
    The truth is she is basically told the story & she tries to approach it like a real writer, unlike Dansuer.

    Golden now takes issue with people accusing her of being the reason the story is bad. Which makes sense. I wouldn't want to be blame for this shoddy writing either. But during all of BFA, Ion repeatedly said "We got a real writer to contribute to the story!" which wasn't actually true. But yeah, sorry she's being blamed for the story when both she & Ion lied to people in order to try to give the WoW story some credibility. Go figure.

    I just remember that she wrote her OC as the hero in the novelization of Curst of Strahd (which is now hanging out in Revendreth in wow) and since then other D&D writers sent her OC to hell where he must languish forever on a giant painspike (Descent into Avernus)

  9. #13229
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Don't get me wrong, it could be really interesting content for a low level player.

    But having the person who literally just came back from fighting a Titan-level threat do boring bureaucracy is awful writing. That's the problem with "low-fantasy, realistic settings". It's terrible writing to have our characters participate in that most of the time.
    I mean, assuming a revamp similar to Cata, there'd be lowlevel content as well as highlevel content, providing a good distinction between fledgling adventurer and seasoned world&dimension-travelling hero. Not that there can't be overlap.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  10. #13230
    Azeroth revamp would only work if 10.0 story completely plays out in those revamped zones. The dev team has absolutely not enough resources to do a big revamp AND several new zones (example: dragon isles) with all the detail we expect from modern WoW. Then there is the problem with the old leveling content. Are the old zones phased or completetly separate? Do they revamp all zones or do we have a mix of old and newer zones? What about capital cities? Do those change or are they seperate then? Phasing is bad enough right now with different warchiefs form one second to the next...I dont like that, it all seem very convoluted and jarring.

    Also, regarding the Jailer "remaking" reality i think he doesnt care about zones or whatever, he cares about the cosmic forces. He wants to be the only force, get rid of all the other ones.

  11. #13231
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKharon View Post
    Azeroth revamp would only work if 10.0 story completely plays out in those revamped zones.
    Why? You could partition off subzones for maxlevel content with baddies, or even better, with Phasing, larger areas could be under siege or in control of the baddies, or previously hostile territory could be claimed, either for the levelling content, or for weekly changes to what a zone's made up of.

    However, yes, after how people reacted to the Vale and Uldum being meaningfully reused, I know that this would not be well-received by people that can never be pleased.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  12. #13232
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    36,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Why? You could partition off subzones for maxlevel content with baddies, or even better, with Phasing, larger areas could be under siege or in control of the baddies, or previously hostile territory could be claimed, either for the levelling content, or for weekly changes to what a zone's made up of.

    However, yes, after how people reacted to the Vale and Uldum being meaningfully reused, I know that this would not be well-received by people that can never be pleased.
    Heck the Invasion system from Legion, BFA, and Vale/Uldum could be used so only certain areas of the Revamp have max level content at a time.

    This week Northern Kalimdor has World Quests for level 70s, next week maybe it's Lordaeron. Stick a bunch of tentacles and/or a Xenedar in the sky for justification, boom.
    Talents - ☑
    EK/Kalimdor Revamp - ☒
    Endgame Gearing Revamp - ☐

    FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter | Classic - Ashkandi (Horde)

  13. #13233
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I mean, assuming a revamp similar to Cata, there'd be lowlevel content as well as highlevel content, providing a good distinction between fledgling adventurer and seasoned world&dimension-travelling hero. Not that there can't be overlap.
    Frankly, i'd expect an assumption like that is just going to leave you disappointed. They're not going to do a revamp on that scale again, because it simply takes too many resources for something people are barely going to look at.

    You're kinda working off the assumption that Blizzard is sitting on infinite resources and just needs to decide to do it, there.

  14. #13234
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You don't think Warcraft is extensively inspired by Dungeons & Dragons? Do you think Warcraft Moon Goddess Elune might have been inspired by D&D Moon Goddess Selune? The D&D stuff isn't even the theorycrafting, that's the stuff directly stated in Chronicles. The separating of the Emerald Dream & creation of the Elemental Planes is synonymous with The Sundering (the Toril one, not the Azeroth one)

    The Winter Queen directly states the point of Ardenweald is to cycle energy back into the natural world of Azeroth & the other planets. And as far as we know only World Souls have life on them. That says to me they're pretty invested in nurturing Azeroth's World Soul.

    Uh, yes they were? Did you miss the whole story of Eonar & Aggrimar cultivating Gorgrond & starting to build structures? Draenor is just younger than Azeroth & they were interrupted building up Draenor's protection when Sargeras started to attack Azeroth. That's not theory, that's right there in game lore.
    I'm fairly sure Draenor didn't have a World Soul, and that it was mentioned in Chronicles that Aggramar intervened in its development DESPITE finding the planet without one. Might be wrong tho, it's been a while.

  15. #13235
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I'm fairly sure Draenor didn't have a World Soul, and that it was mentioned in Chronicles that Aggramar intervened in its development DESPITE finding the planet without one. Might be wrong tho, it's been a while.
    Yes you are correct, Draenor never had a world soul.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  16. #13236
    Over 9000! Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I'm fairly sure Draenor didn't have a World Soul, and that it was mentioned in Chronicles that Aggramar intervened in its development DESPITE finding the planet without one. Might be wrong tho, it's been a while.
    Draenor didn't have a World Sould, but it had too much Spirit for a world without one, causing plantlife grow berserk. Aggramar interfered to stop the planet from being overwhelmed by the Evergrowth.

  17. #13237
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I'm fairly sure Draenor didn't have a World Soul, and that it was mentioned in Chronicles that Aggramar intervened in its development DESPITE finding the planet without one. Might be wrong tho, it's been a while.
    Yes, Ersula got it completely wrong. I don't remember Eonar being involved, either, nor would they normally build big defenses for them. Azeroth was a special case where they built those after it got attacked already.

    It's not like they found a whole lot of World Souls anyway. We only know about 3 outside of the Pantheon itself, one that Sargeras cleaved in half because of Void corruption, Azeroth and Argus.

  18. #13238
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I just remember that she wrote her OC as the hero in the novelization of Curst of Strahd (which is now hanging out in Revendreth in wow) and since then other D&D writers sent her OC to hell where he must languish forever on a giant painspike (Descent into Avernus)
    After she blew up both Rhonin and Krasus, that sounds kinda poetic.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  19. #13239
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Heck the Invasion system from Legion, BFA, and Vale/Uldum could be used so only certain areas of the Revamp have max level content at a time.

    This week Northern Kalimdor has World Quests for level 70s, next week maybe it's Lordaeron. Stick a bunch of tentacles and/or a Xenedar in the sky for justification, boom.
    Yep, and due to Phasing, only maxlevel players are affected. Still effort to design etc., but the general systems are already in place.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  20. #13240
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post

    I just remember that she wrote her OC as the hero in the novelization of Curst of Strahd (which is now hanging out in Revendreth in wow) and since then other D&D writers sent her OC to hell where he must languish forever on a giant painspike (Descent into Avernus)
    Hm, as someone who's DMing a Descent into Avernus game right now (still near the start, in Baldur's Gate), I'll be sure to pay attention to this when we get there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    so the book is mostly 9.0 as i thought

    https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...78160297447424

    Tweet's been deleted, btw.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •