Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Thats because the plot was good, now the place.

its the example of they knew how to do things back then. The selling point was pandaria, new land, new people, new magic, but the faction was was an excuse to explore it. We start with the faction war in jade forest then immediately encounter the pandarens in jade forest, and start to helping then. they tried to copy that with Bfa but end up being garbage because they don't know how to do.

Mop could have ended with lei shen or exploring the sha and y'sharj, SoO was not necessary and def was one of the low points in the expansion.

Shadowands had something we were already teased, the land of the death, the spirit realm, they just shit the bend with plot and ambiance, the only thing that felt like the land of the death imo was the night elf zone, who would be one of the aftelifes we could expect, the rest? never herd of a vampire and Greek afterlife with blue humans before. Retcons and new crap lore didn't help making people hooked either

it would be best imo if they went full bananas and made shadowlands as 9 circles of hell
    Changing up what the Shadowlands looks like won't change that it has no preexinsting lore to build on for the final patch.
    MoP might have been mostly new stuff, but it also constantly pulled from the well of preexisting lore or teasers. Whether it was the Alliance and Horde setting up camp on the southern shores, Zandalari showing up for 5.2, or the final patch taking us to Orgrimmar to defeat Garrosh.

Shadowlands might have had a better told story or better pacing, and that might have salvaged much of it, but as it stands Zereth Mortis is a completely new location, with no prior buildup outside some of 9.1, where we will defeat a boss that we know barely anything about, to stop his plans that we still don't relly know what are.

That's what I mean when I say there isnt a whole lot to be passionate about. The story doesnt really have much lore to utilize to make the story feel grand or epic like players would usually expect it to. It can be a great patch with wonderful content, but it won't make players passionate about something they have no reason to care about.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    well not this week... FF14 theory looks legit
    It's still early you know.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I really do hope they don't leak the last 2 bosses prior to the Jailor. No info, no Journal leak. But, I guess historically that has not happened in the past even with Ra-den.

Besides there's probably going to be something datamineable that leaks the identities anyways.
    unless the last 2 bosses are tobey maguire and andrew garfield, it will not be much interesting.

the last they could do was to put arthas trying to grab nostalgia and use to promote the raid, Sylvanas as queen of th blades/new arbiter corrupted, sow e clean her, or they pull another argus crap again, and we don't even kick the janitor ass.

there is no way they can make it interesting unless the end have some big stakes like he succeeding in changing reality or partially doing it, or killing Anduin.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I mean when I say there isnt a whole lot to be passionate about. The story doesnt really have much lore to utilize to make the story feel grand or epic like players would usually expect it to. It can be a great patch with wonderful content, but it won't make players passionate about something they have no reason to care about.
    You keep saying this but honestly this applies to you only. The most civil response I've gotten or seen on Twitter is mostly due to all of this connection to Lich King so called "retcon." There's certainly grandure in this expansion but if people chose to ignore it thats not Blizz's fault. Covanets the dev preview that probably should of had some of the other information that in various interviews had in relation to the patch. It would of made the response better.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Changing up what the Shadowlands looks like won't change that it has no preexinsting lore to build on for the final patch.
    MoP might have been mostly new stuff, but it also constantly pulled from the well of preexisting lore or teasers. Whether it was the Alliance and Horde setting up camp on the southern shores, Zandalari showing up for 5.2, or the final patch taking us to Orgrimmar to defeat Garrosh.

Shadowlands might have had a better told story or better pacing, and that might have salvaged much of it, but as it stands Zereth Mortis is a completely new location, with no prior buildup outside some of 9.1, where we will defeat a boss that we know barely anything about, to stop his plans that we still don't relly know what are.

Wod, Legion and bfa all pulled from the well of preexisting lore or teasers, they have the same problem with shadowlands,

if the whole expansion plot is bad, and the building up is lackluster, no matter if they teased this place since TBC, t would end up feeling the same way.

The isle of thunder didn't had that much build up and is considered one of the best patches in wow.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Strange that no one wants to start the hype train today.
    There's nothing in this patch that would motivate a player's excitement.

One doesn't even have to make use of the recent Blizzard drama to justify it. The patch is a continuation of every previous trend, including the trend of "we acknowledge we were wrong, and we're not correcting it" only to "correct" it with the same flavour of content.

The only reason to be excited about it is that it likely signals the end of the current expansion.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    I gotta be honest that it is extremely uncomfortable to see them actively doing things that should be expected from this product now that the value preposition is damaged beyond repair. Come back we fed you some morsels out of Ol' Blanchy's Oat bags!

Ugh.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean we all know once we get that initial Arthas datamine, things are going to heat up.
    Isn't that, however, just adding more fuel to the raging inferno that is the awful lore underlying this expansion? To pull some half-assed, last minute explanation to justify the reintroduction of one Warcraft's most iconic characters, in some pervesely pathetic saving grace attempt?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Isn't that, however, just adding more fuel to the raging inferno that is the awful lore underlying this expansion? To pull some half-assed, last minute explanation to justify the reintroduction of one Warcraft's most iconic characters, in some pervesely pathetic saving grace attempt?
    Arthas was teased since the announcement of SL and people will rage regardless.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I don't think the sequence of events that would manifest would do irreparable damage to Arthas. Anduin will most likely be defeated and Kingsmourne would break which would free Arthas. I do think the concept of Terenas Menethil sequence happening but with Arthas Menethil instead is pretty much the safest and most kosher way of handling this. Now what Arthas would say in the circumstances would very much be unknown. Honestly the biggest questionmark from the Anduin thing is how he's going to teach us to not be dominated which is just completely stupid when you consider in the same raid you meet a Constellar that IS FUCKING DOMINATED.

Obviously this is Blizzard and they could go crazy with it which is the worry and we've seen they still haven't really recognized how far off the edge they are at this moment.

Obviously, I think the lore is already damaged beyond repair because of the fact that the events that had to take place for us to get to Shadowlands are so insane and require the Old God Yogg-Saron to make them happen and Yogg-Saron has still not been hinted at or acknowledged by the writers as necessary for the Jailor's plan to win.

The bosses in the Sepulcher of Knowledge add another layer of potential Firster Ones with also potential confirmation that Oribos might not be the work of the Pantheon of Order and instead done by The First Ones long ago creating a hell of a confusing storyline.

Again, if you're a theorycrafter I think the narrative is mostly just a shrug and a "Sure, let's keep going and see how crazy this gets" at this point.

Also again the problem with this cosmic narrative they've continuously hinted that this might lead to the worst theory of this being just a simulation test between Light and Void but somehow in this simulation it broke for yet to be discerned reason that led to Death taking over as seen with how AU Draenor ended up being Light Dominated real quick after the events of WoD.

Also there's the whole cheesy theory that Warcraft (Discord) is the 7th Force that broke the 6 and led to each Force warring with eachother (Although this could be part of the simulation) and again it is unclear if that is only for Current Universe and if the reason why the Light was so dominant after we left WoD's universe is due to that being how the simulation is supposed to work. Although the more reasonable explaination is that the reason why the Cosmic Force maps take the shape of a Metatron's Cube is because there's an Architect behind it all that sent out ?/The Founders (First Ones)/The Shapers (Pantheon of Order)

Before you ask, yes this is WoW in current year.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-11-16 at 06:55 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Arthas was teased since the announcement of SL and people will rage regardless.
    That and the visual clues some of the videos have shown(The Uther video where he dumps Arthas into the maw). The chains of domination cinematic was pretty obvious(The runeportal Zovaal used) and again after Sylvanas is defeated. Like its not hard.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

1+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't get what Anduin could teach us about not being dominated. Arthas himself didn't realize he did not actually have control and was more in a trance-like state. The whole "Anduin will teach you how to not be dominated" absolutely needs some sort of McGuffin or something whether its a Legendary or a Anti-Domination Rune.

Nihil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That and the visual clues some of the videos have shown(The Uther video where he dumps Arthas into the maw). The chains of domination cinematic was pretty obvious(The runeportal Zovaal used) and again after Sylvanas is defeated. Like its not hard.
    It's an afterlife expansion with major dead characters making appearance, most prominent (Uther, Sylvi) have strong connection with Arthas, main villain is the guy who created LK's, mournblades, general aesthetic of Jailer forces and holds etc. I predicted Arthas will have some crucial knowledge into how to defeat Zovaal, but from the preview we know Anduin will fill that role.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I don't get what Anduin could teach us about not being dominated. Arthas himself didn't realize he did not actually have control and was more in a trance-like state. The whole "Anduin will teach you how to not be dominated" absolutely needs some sort of McGuffin or something whether its a Legendary or a Anti-Domination Rune.
    He didn't have control? Then why Jailer called him a failure, plus all the stuff from WotLK we knew.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So hi two things today.

1. HOLY FUCKING SHIT

2. So apparently the devs get next week off for damage control Thanksgiving so if there's no PTR this week we're looking at Endwalker Launch Week for the PTR going up.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't have control? Then why Jailer called him a failure, plus all the stuff from WotLK we knew.
    Wasn't that Ner'zhul. He did say "Ursurped by another." Which is sorta true but can you really be free having two "vessels of domination"? I don't think so and well how Arthas reacted after his fall is kinda telling.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    Renathal states that Denathrius started the drought during the main questing in Revendreth. It’s heavily implied as the reason for the first failed rebellion; Renathal saw thru his Master’s lies.

When you watch the Arbiter cinematic it’s a red spell that hits her. Denathrius doing it makes more sense than Argus coming thru to be judged or Xavius.
    Honestly, Denathrius causing this is as dumb as Argus did it. It would be so so so lame if this is the reason in the end.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wasn't that Ner'zhul. He did say "Ursurped by another." Which is sorta true but can you really be free having two "vessels of domination"? I don't think so and well how Arthas reacted after his fall is kinda telling.
    Pretty sure Jailer called all of the three LK's a failures.

Doing the anniversary world bosses makes me hope Dragon Isles is a thing if for nothing else updated models for dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So hi two things today.

1. HOLY FUCKING SHIT

2. So apparently the devs get next week off for damage control Thanksgiving so if there's no PTR this week we're looking at Endwalker Launch Week for the PTR going up.
    What is 1. related to?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again