1. #1341
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    An attack we know she survives. They specificially noted that they added her raising her hand to it to show she's still alive.

    Meanwhile, the Forsworn have already lost not one, but two leaders in a row in a very short time.
    Sure.. Nice fanfic there.

  2. #1342
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You need to broaden your horizon on that topic. We haven't categorised them into a class' spec; Blizzard just made a spec in a way that feels piratey. The whole point here is that you could do that to pretty much any class you want.
    -_-

    And i can be an Apache Helicopter if i identify as one.

    "Outlaw rogues are mainly themed around pirates: Outlaw rogues are the unscrupulous scoundrels of Azeroth. Operating outside the law, they bend the rules and distort the truth to get what they need. While they share plenty in common with other rogues, these outlaws have little use for tact or discretion, happy to engage in a tavern brawl or spontaneous duel, rarely patient enough to wait in stealth for the opportune time to engage. To survive in such a world, outlaws must become master swordsmen in toe-to-toe combat—and they can’t shy away from fighting dirty. If blade fails to cut too deeply, the outlaw takes advantage of a concealed pistol, catching the enemy by surprise with a quick blast."
    Disclaimer:
    If i somehow broke the rules without being aware of it, i would very much appreciate a warning first (not an infraction), in the manner of a green text/edit, or a private message, by Scrapbot or a moderator.
    Thank you in advance.

  3. #1343
    Bloodsail Admiral Gifdwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Ban Realm of the Shadowlands
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Sure.. Nice fanfic there.
    It's been confirmed that she survived the attack from a blizz interview

  4. #1344
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    42,201
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Sure.. Nice fanfic there.
    .....Except Blizzard themselves did say she survived the attack. Devos is dead and so is her lieutenant.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  5. #1345
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    -_-

    And i can be an Apache Helicopter if i identify as one.

    "Outlaw rogues are mainly themed around pirates: Outlaw rogues are the unscrupulous scoundrels of Azeroth. Operating outside the law, they bend the rules and distort the truth to get what they need. While they share plenty in common with other rogues, these outlaws have little use for tact or discretion, happy to engage in a tavern brawl or spontaneous duel, rarely patient enough to wait in stealth for the opportune time to engage. To survive in such a world, outlaws must become master swordsmen in toe-to-toe combat—and they can’t shy away from fighting dirty. If blade fails to cut too deeply, the outlaw takes advantage of a concealed pistol, catching the enemy by surprise with a quick blast."
    Your point being? None of that actually contradicts what i said. They're unscrupulous, outside the law and bend the rules. That's what makes them Outlaw rogues. Not that they're using guns or swords.

    It also has nothing to do with Pirates and Samurai not really defining much about the class.
    Last edited by huth; 2021-04-08 at 07:30 PM.

  6. #1346
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Your point being? None of that actually contradicts what i said. They're unscrupulous, outside the law and bend the rules. That's what makes them Outlaw rogues. Not that they're using guns or swords.

    It also has nothing to do with Pirates and Samurai not really defining much about the class.
    They are, usually, associated with a cutlass and a pistol in hand.

    Not really defining?
    Assassination is based around Assassins and Subtlety around Ninjas. So, i think it, pretty much, does.
    Disclaimer:
    If i somehow broke the rules without being aware of it, i would very much appreciate a warning first (not an infraction), in the manner of a green text/edit, or a private message, by Scrapbot or a moderator.
    Thank you in advance.

  7. #1347
    The Lightbringer Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    3,561
    I mean, rogue guy that gave you Outlaw Artifact quest in Legion (the xpac that reworked the spec and age it new identity) was a goddamn pirate admiral with parrot n'shit. :v

    It's super obvious what they were going for.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-04-08 at 09:19 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  8. #1348
    Outlaw was a more pirate-y spec in Legion but they toned it down in BFA.

  9. #1349
    Bloodsail Admiral Gifdwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Ban Realm of the Shadowlands
    Posts
    1,129

  10. #1350
    The Lightbringer Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    3,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Big if true!
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  11. #1351
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

    At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

  12. #1352
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    As Blizzard already stated? I mean it’s the official date from the bluepost, there’s no surprise that the PTR is coming next week.

    We know from a blue post that Blizzard is intended to have the Patch 9.1 PTR go live the week of April 12th, so it seems that they're on track!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  13. #1353
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    They are, usually, associated with a cutlass and a pistol in hand.

    Not really defining?
    Assassination is based around Assassins and Subtlety around Ninjas. So, i think it, pretty much, does.
    Yes, they're based around them... for their look and feel. Not for their ability design or combat style. Mostly because neither actually prescribes much there. You keep failing to adress the actual problem.

    Pirates are generally associated with seafaring and burying or seeking treasures, as well as colourful and somewhat random dress with plentiful skull and crossbone imagery and eyepatches. Weapons are all over the place. Cutlasses and Cutlads are common because they're common choice for seamen of that era in general, not pirates in particular.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    As Blizzard already stated? I mean it’s the official date from the bluepost, there’s no surprise that the PTR is coming next week.

    We know from a blue post that Blizzard is intended to have the Patch 9.1 PTR go live the week of April 12th, so it seems that they're on track!
    Yeah, this is a bit of a "duh" moment.

  14. #1354
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yes, they're based around them... for their look and feel. Not for their ability design or combat style. Mostly because neither actually prescribes much there. You keep failing to adress the actual problem.

    Pirates are generally associated with seafaring and burying or seeking treasures, as well as colourful and somewhat random dress with plentiful skull and crossbone imagery and eyepatches. Weapons are all over the place. Cutlasses and Cutlads are common because they're common choice for seamen of that era in general, not pirates in particular.
    And in gameplay.
    Are you ignoring abilities on purpose?
    Disclaimer:
    If i somehow broke the rules without being aware of it, i would very much appreciate a warning first (not an infraction), in the manner of a green text/edit, or a private message, by Scrapbot or a moderator.
    Thank you in advance.

  15. #1355
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    And in gameplay.
    Are you ignoring abilities on purpose?
    No, because the gameplay isn't tied to the theme nearly as much as you assume. You could easily retheme any of the specs without changing the mechanics at all. I'm ignoring abilities because they don't actually matter.

    You keep bringing it up but consistently fail to show any actual ties and only state loose connections.

  16. #1356
    Titan HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Posts
    11,303
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Sure.. Nice fanfic there.
    But...

    She did live.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    I am never going to hate that dance.

  17. #1357
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, because the gameplay isn't tied to the theme nearly as much as you assume. You could easily retheme any of the specs without changing the mechanics at all. I'm ignoring abilities because they don't actually matter.

    You keep bringing it up but consistently fail to show any actual ties and only state loose connections.
    Blizzard' spec description.
    Its abilities.
    "You have provided nothing" - huth -_-

    Oh, really? spec reworks didn't change them?
    When Shadow Priest (to be a resource-based spec), Survival Hunter (from ranged to melee), Demonology Warlock (from semi-Demon Hunter to master of summons) and the Outlaw Rogue itself (from combat to Outlaw) were reworked, they stayed the same?
    Do you, really, believe a Blademaster would play like an Outlaw Rogue?
    Disclaimer:
    If i somehow broke the rules without being aware of it, i would very much appreciate a warning first (not an infraction), in the manner of a green text/edit, or a private message, by Scrapbot or a moderator.
    Thank you in advance.

  18. #1358
    https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...63f314d11cc51a

    Something that will definitely come on tuesday. Just going to leave this here

  19. #1359
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Blizzard' spec description.
    Its abilities.
    "You have provided nothing" - huth -_-

    Oh, really? spec reworks didn't change them?
    When Shadow Priest (to be a resource-based spec), Survival Hunter (from ranged to melee), Demonology Warlock (from semi-Demon Hunter to master of summons) and the Outlaw Rogue itself (from combat to Outlaw) were reworked, they stayed the same?
    Do you, really, believe a Blademaster would play like an Outlaw Rogue?
    But that's exactly my point. They were reworked on the gameplay side without changing the theme. They're still Shadow, Survival and Demonology. The gameplay isn't nearly as tied to the spec as you claim.

    So at this point, you did provide something... but proved yourself wrong in the process.

  20. #1360
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    But that's exactly my point. They were reworked on the gameplay side without changing the theme. They're still Shadow, Survival and Demonology. The gameplay isn't nearly as tied to the spec as you claim.

    So at this point, you did provide something... but proved yourself wrong in the process.
    Of course it did change the theme. Shadow Priests were not as Old God and Void themed before it. They were more of a general shadow caster.
    Survival Hunters were just 'magical Hunters', until they were grounded more as a guerilla fighter in Legion.
    Demonology was seen as a half Demon Hunter, for crying out loud. Now, it's clear that they are summoners through and through.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-04-09 at 02:14 PM.
    Disclaimer:
    If i somehow broke the rules without being aware of it, i would very much appreciate a warning first (not an infraction), in the manner of a green text/edit, or a private message, by Scrapbot or a moderator.
    Thank you in advance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •