Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    What did I just wake up to, oh god.

Why is it so hard to treat LGBTQIA++ with respect these days? Blizzard please.
    Expect you people turn it into this topic, while we just have one frame of voice lines . But I support this choice just for all those unstable neckie tears.
    Last edited by Alga; 2021-11-19 at 02:22 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Expect you people turn it into this topic, while we just have one voice frame. But I support this choice just for all those unstable neckie tears.
    I love how I have no idea what your frame of mind is. But, cool!

Have fun with that. I'm also not "starting" anything. I'm just finding it hilarious how they can't treat the people they want to virtue signal for with respect at all. Then again they couldn't figure out Pelagos's pronouns properly and needed feedback for it. So I guess I should've expected this in the first place.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

I love how I have no idea what your frame of mind is. But, cool!

Have fun with that. I'm also not "starting" anything. I'm just finding it hilarious how they can't treat the people they want to virtue signal for with respect at all. Then again they couldn't figure out Pelagos's pronouns properly and needed feedback for it. So I guess I should've expected this in the first place.
    I mean yeah people loathing Pelagos existing from the beginning, now calling out on this, with out knowing the full picture so it can get political, very cool, ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That made infinitely more sense than Pelagos becoming the Arbiter. In the case of the Draenei their leadership was mostly dead or turned traitor, and once Velen died abd made Yrel leader I really don't see why the rest of the Draenei wouldnt accept it.

And of course, Yrel didn't seem to become the actual leader until after we left, before that she was just the one leading various expeditions and generally being the Lin between the Alliance Hero and the Draenei.
    You can turn any character into anything with enough time and development. That's the joy of storytelling. WoW seems to have forgotten this and simply moves characters from role to role, setpiece to setpiece, forgetting to show us all the stuff that happens in between. It's like reading a wikipedia summary of a novel instead of actually reading it. Yes, you get the general plot points in sequence, but you didn't really experience the story.

1+ Year Old Account
    Honestly as always they should've not let us datamine the Jailor fight because now when the Jailor loses after seeing his abilities and Journal people are going to be furious.

Again, I am not going to fall for this a second time. I do not need to see a stern Ion Hazzikostas telling me that heroes always win. Fuck that, I'm not doing this again.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    At least Yrel followed Velen around and he gave her his Naaru sigil thing. This seems even more out of nowhere. (It’s a very low bar, but still.)

Honestly Sylvanas becoming the arbiter would have made more sense, and I was dreading that. Lol
    Unfortunately true. At least Yrel's trajectory was set. It's like we only got Act 1 and Act 3 with Yrel, whereas Pelagos will be the prologue that just happens to mention he exists and Act 3 with him as the central character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    At least Yrel followed Velen around and he gave her his Naaru sigil thing. This seems even more out of nowhere. (It’s a very low bar, but still.)

Honestly Sylvanas becoming the arbiter would have made more sense, and I was dreading that. Lol
    Sylvanas becoming the arbiter makes no sense at all. Pelagos isn't being chosen because he is the most qualified, everything appears to be suggesting that they simply need a host for the arbiter's will and Pelagos is simply the one willing to volunteer.

Honestly as always they should've not let us datamine the Jailor fight because now when the Jailor loses after seeing his abilities and Journal people are going to be furious.
    Honestly, outside of our entertainment, I don't see the value in the PTR with modern WoW. Or WoW's early years, honestly - they've never taken player feedback into account. I have to assume that it's a glorified stress test of each build to ensure stability and whatever other metrics they can get out of that, if not simply tradition. And they don't care about the story enough to hold back the content until it's live to avoid spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Honestly, outside of our entertainment, I don't see the value in the PTR with modern WoW. Or WoW's early years, honestly - they've never taken player feedback into account. I have to assume that it's a glorified stress test of each build to ensure stability and whatever other metrics they can get out of that, if not simply tradition. And they don't care about the story enough to hold back the content until it's live to avoid spoilers.
    They constantly take player feedback into account and make adjustments. God this is such a retarded sentiment, please don't claim shit like this if you can't be bothered to even read the front page of MMO-C, where they outline exactly what changes and adjustments get made with every build.

1+ Year Old Account
    I mean I agree PTR just doesn't work because the devs are just using it as marketing. They do not actual lead us to test anything other than raid encounters and even then it could've been NDA'd. This whole thing is just a marketing stunt and due to the parasitic relationship with WoWHead at this point.

As always the leaks we have right now are again damaging without its context and as always I don't really get the whole Jailor damages Azeroth and all that nonsense, again we will not lose. Ion has stated on the record we will never lose. I don't believe in this nonsense unless I see it on my screen with the screen turning black and a countdown to the new expansion reveal after the Jailor Cinematic happens.

Again IDK anymore, the whole Machine of Origination (Which isn't even the real name of the Forge of Origination, but I guess it is a machine?) being used would mean a completely new Azeroth.

Again if Blizzard does that and also removes Azeroth World Soul plot point and erases Turalyon and all the other nonsense going on. Cool.

Also I find it funny that this makes Sylvanas even worse than when she burned down Teldrassil. But again, we'll see.

I don't believe in this nonsense as I know this is the first PTR build of Jailors' Journal and it may be changed just like how N'zoths' first Journal was about consuming the World Soul and then later became about manifesting Ny'alotha on Azeroth.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-11-19 at 02:37 PM.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That made infinitely more sense than Pelagos becoming the Arbiter. In the case of the Draenei their leadership was mostly dead or turned traitor, and once Velen died abd made Yrel leader I really don't see why the rest of the Draenei wouldnt accept it.

And of course, Yrel didn't seem to become the actual leader until after we left, before that she was just the one leading various expeditions and generally being the Lin between the Alliance Hero and the Draenei.
    I dunno, it kinda sounds like he has to give up himself on an even broader scale than Kyrians already did. The previous arbiter didn't have any real identity beyond its duty. Maybe it was actually made the same way?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I agree PTR just doesn't work because the devs are just using it as marketing.
    Please don't outright lie.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Nihil.

If you don't think Blizzard uses PTR datamining as marketing/for hype building purposes then I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    If you don't think Blizzard uses PTR datamining as marketing/for hype building purposes then I don't know what to tell you.
    It's a secondary function. The idea that they don't do shit tons of actual testing with the PTR isn't just asinine, it's objectively fucking wrong, as looking at any PTR cycle's builds will immediately, uncontestably show you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, nobody claimed they don't do it. But the claim that this is its sole purpose isn't any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I think Arthas was a pretty interesting character and seeing his fall and becoming the lich king was interesting, but by the time we saw him again in Wotlk I felt he was just pretty generic bad guy who would show up, mock us, disappear and I feel like the hype around Wotlk-Arthas is a bit exaggerated. I don't really expect much if he shows up again but I feel like it's one of those "you're damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations. If Arthas doesn't make an appearance at all in Shadowlands I think a lot of people will be upset over that, if they do use him then there will be people upset over how it's done (either that he's redeemed or not redeemed, or whatever else).
    I think the playerbase treasures WotLK in that regard because it was one of the few expansions where the main antagonist was present all throughout until the end, and not just via in game 1 min cinematics. We got to see Arthas at several poinths throughout the game, we even got to be menaced by him prior to ICC.

Now players can argue the pros and cons of such setup, and it's certainly quite advantageous when your villain is a character with an already established and rich backstory.

I think they tried to do this with Deathwing as well, but DW - to me at least - was mostly unheard of, some character from Warcraft II.

Jump to the present and Shadowlands, where there wasn't a previous build up for Zovaal, you don't get to understand him other generic big bag villain tropes (if even those), then players will be indifferent to him, regardless of how many background ominous voice lines you put while you were in the Maw

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Thanks for the birthday build, Blizz. <3
    Happy belated birthday!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They constantly take player feedback into account and make adjustments. God this is such a retarded sentiment, please don't claim shit like this if you can't be bothered to even read the front page of MMO-C, where they outline exactly what changes and adjustments get made with every build.
    Comments like this were ridicolous even before 9.1.5, like Blizzard haven't done massive changes based on feedback in 9.0 (no AP? no titanforging/warforging? PVP vendor? "gears matter"? returning skills? no RNG legendaries? no RNG stats in crafted gear? 9x more choices for weekly box and M+ no longer mandatory for it?).

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Titans are children of the First Ones.

/tinfoilhat
    I like the theory of "The First Ones knew their lifespan was coming to an end, so they reincarnated as the Titans, and were only able to pass on partial/fragment knowledge and memories."

10+ Year Old Account
    The other joke thread on Greymane becoming the king of SW reminded of one thing. If there's one thing - story wise - that I wish for the new xpac, it's for the Alliance to break up.
    To break up in the sense that every other race is under the sway of the Humans of Stormwind. I'd rather have a coalition of races with no High King nonsense.

Then again, I know that's impossib.e