good. we dont need that crap in the game
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

No one except for a couple woke californians noticed it and got triggered.
    I think its a great set and hope they dont change to much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Huh? Again, expansions will still exist. Elder Scrolls Online has expansions as well. They just reduce the "free" amount of content. If they can get the Legion model back it can easily work out.

Expansion release
    3 months later x.5 release
    3 months later .1 release
    6 months later the next expansion
    Oh I agree. It's gonna be a while but they might make smaller ones eventually. I'm just saying I think we have at least 2 big expansions left before they happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    No one except for a couple woke californians noticed it and got triggered.
    I think its a great set and hope they dont change to much.
    Delusional. People were immediately talking and joking about it in the wowhead comments as soon as it was posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The Primus went to the Maw to check on up on whether Zovaal was up to no good. Evidently he got caught.
    This is literally explained as soon as we free the Primus.
    Still makes no sense. Even at their strongest, the Primus decimates Mawsorwn instantaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Still makes no sense. Even at their strongest, the Primus decimates Mawsorwn instantaneously.
    ...And Zovaal utilized his chains as the ultimate weapon against the Cosmos, your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Bolvar's soul is intact Sylvanas's and Uther isn't. You aren't paying attention. You can't just scream "THIS EXPANSION LORE IS SHIT" and somehow think you are giving this thread revelations. That rope analogy was pointing out there's multiple versions of these characters but that doesn't mean we see them, but if you want to ignore that, thats fine but its not hard.
    The example he should have used was Draka. And the Devs already explained even if a soul is severed that doesn't make it two separate entities. Souls are quantum entangled. The Jailer having a piece of your soul only gives him a tether to it. And losing a piece of your soul only means you are stuck in the emotional state you were when you died. IE Sylvanas & Uther. The point is they've been acting out of hurt & betrayal.

Fel magic didn't undo Varian's soul, it undid his body AND essence.

Essence as described by the devs, because it wasn't in the game, is essentially your Shadowlands body. Essence is the result of residue accumulating around your soul as anima passes through it. A lot of residue gives you a strong, material body, while just a little residue gives you that wispy, ethereal form you see on souls: Without Essence, souls are invisible. You can destroy Essence but you can't destroy a soul. If you essence is destroyed your soul still exists but its returned to the Twisting Nether like the canon said before shadowlands: This is what happened to Garrosh & Varian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this company meant to be taken seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    It never has.

The context in which it is not to be taken seriously has shifted over the years, however.

It used to be an affable buddy who was larger than life, but was willing to laugh at how bombastic he was. Now? They're... whatever this is.

You know I'm still surprised they haven't removed Auschwitz yet:

Oh wait... right... world revamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    It never has.

The context in which it is not to be taken seriously has shifted over the years, however.

It used to be an affable buddy who was larger than life, but was willing to laugh at how bombastic he was. Now? They're... whatever this is.
    This is the equivalent of what people, sorry, some americans tried to do with tiki torches and the OK sign, except those times no one took them seriously.

Christ all mighty, it's a pointy hood, and that's problematic in game where mass genocides occur?

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    It never has.

You mean it used to be a dudebro who would joke about bitches and hoes and told random girls to get back in the kitchen, but it turns out now that he was just some overcompensating shitter?

Trueeee

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You know I'm still surprised they haven't removed Auschwitz yet:

[IMG]

Oh wait... right... world revamp
    I mean you say that, but really, why is it there at all? It's horribly bleak even by Forsaken standards in Vanilla, and the game makes no effort to acknowledge how immesnely fucked up it actually is.
    I mean, it isnt even used to parody The Great Escape or somesuch, it's just massively evil for no better reason than to show new Forsaken players that they are definitively the evil ones. That is, before you start going further into the Horde stuff and learn that you are actually just misunderstood or something.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the equivalent of what people, sorry, some americans tried to do with tiki torches and the OK sign, except those times no one took them seriously.

Christ all mighty, it's a pointy hood, and that's problematic in game where mass genocides occur?
    You generally do not hear about people who are traumatized by their beloved treehouse being burned and their entire family being killed. You do however hear stories about kids being harassed by men in white hoods.

Context matters here. The hoods looking like the ones used by the KKK is far more damning on the company than the genocide stuff. No reputable journalist is going to claim that Blizzard supports the bombing of a town because such a quest exists in the game, they might however argue that Blizzard are idiots for making white robes with pointy hats that looks eerily similar to the KKK.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I mean you say that, but really, why is it there at all? It's horribly bleak even by Forsaken standards in Vanilla, and the game makes no effort to acknowledge how immesnely fucked up it actually is.
    I mean, it isnt even used to parody The Great Escape or somesuch, it's just massively evil for no better reason than to show new Forsaken players that they are definitively the evil ones. That is, before you start going further into the Horde stuff and learn that you are actually just misunderstood or something.

- - - Updated - - -

You generally do not hear about people who are traumatized by their beloved treehouse being burned and their entire family being killed. You do however hear stories about kids being harassed by men in white hoods.

Context matters here. The hoods looking like the ones used by the KKK is far more damning on the company than the genocide stuff. No reputable journalist is going to claim that Blizzard supports the bombing of a town because such a quest exists in the game, they might however argue that Blizzard are idiots for making white robes with pointy hats that looks eerily similar to the KKK.
    Then that's just evidence of intellectual dishonesty and inconsistency. If one has issues with representations of repugnant ideologies and horrific acts, then they should take issue with all of them, and not go about and cherry pick whatever suits them to make their tweet at that moment.

Then that's just evidence of intellectual dishonesty and inconsistency. If one has issues with representations of repugnant ideologies and horrific acts, then they should take issue with all of them, and not go about and cherry pick whatever suits them to make their tweet at that moment.
    If you don't see how "damn, those forsaken pretty much have concentration camps, that is really fucked up and reprehensible" and "oh yeah, the new tier set that you really really want looks like a KKK outfit" isn't comparable in any way, then I feel like you are kinda being dishonest.

Yes, the game has war crimes and war and death in it. But it's never portrayed in a positive way. It's about the context, not just what is being displayed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what was that supposed to mean. Blizz situation is known, so they will instantly respond to stuff like that. And the tier helmet was compared to KKK hoodie right away on social media. Blizz reaction was pretty logical.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-11-19 at 09:43 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the set looks awesome but I understand why they would change it. I just hope they keep the cool faceplate part of the hood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    If you don't see how "damn, those forsaken pretty much have concentration camps, that is really fucked up and reprehensible" and "oh yeah, the new tier set that you really really want looks like a KKK outfit" isn't comparable in any way, then I feel like you are kinda being dishonest.

Yes, the game has war crimes and war and death in it. But it's never portrayed in a positive way. It's about the context, not just what is being displayed.
    No, this isn't about the context. This is about certain individuals' subjective interpretations of a given object and excessively problematising, to the point that it's almost satire like. Hell, it wouldn't even surprise me at this point that some of the people that were fooling around about the resemblance, they did so just to see if Blizzard would actually fall into the same trap again.

The game doesn't portray war and death in a positive way? We have had whole races and characters whose whole schtick is to acquire fame and glory in battle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn, Zereth Mortis plate set looks sick:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The game doesn't portray war and death in a positive way? We have had whole races and characters whose whole schtick is to acquire fame and glory in battle.
    also nothing in this game resembles a concentration camp. Dont compare turning into a cool zombie anything like the holocaust, thx