Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Metzen hasn't voiced Thrall in years.
    What? He has voiced Thrall since the beginning to this very day. Voiced him in Vanilla, BC, Wrath, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion, BfA, SL.
    All of them. Never stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You're kidding right?

They literally put Thrall, Jaina in the Sanctum of Domination raid even though they had no business being there and didn't say literally anything at all. When they could have easily been replaced by Alleria and Vereesa.

But since Alleria and Vereesa don't have 17 years of story development, Blizzard ignores them completely.
    I actually agree with you on this. It would have been cooler and unique to see Alleria/Vereesa in a raid as our NPCs on our side instead of the generic Thrall/Jaina Horde/Alliance stand ins for the raid. It also would have had some massive relevance to Sylvanas. I'm still unsure why they chose Thrall since he didn't even confront Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Sylvanas' sisters didnt go to the Shadowlands. And Jaina & Thrall were there to rescue Anduin.
    You couldn't have missed the point any harder if you tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It's because people don't care about Alleria and especially not Vereesa, while people have been begging for Thrall for ages and Jaina is usually well-liked.

- - - Updated - - -

What? Of course Shadowlands and BFA Thrall is Metzen. Just because he quit Blizzard doesn't mean he isn't voicing Thrall anymore.
    Stories shouldn't be written based around what the fans like. Thrall and Jaina had nothing to do with that raid and did nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Gee, who would have thought that Alleria Windrunner, introduced properly at the end of Legion, would be less popular than characters who have been relevant since WC3.

She truly doesn't deserve any new story, she's a failure, how dare she be less popular than people who've been in the spotlight for 13 years longer than her! Only the certified "Classic" characters are worthy of the spotlight!
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I actually agree with you on this. It would have been cooler and unique to see Alleria/Vereesa in a raid as our NPCs on our side instead of the generic Thrall/Jaina Horde/Alliance stand ins for the raid. It also would have had some massive relevance to Sylvanas. I'm still unsure why they chose Thrall since he didn't even confront Garrosh.
    The Thrall/Garrosh thing is actuall a good point, that they didn't interact at all was kind of a missed opportunity and the little last defiance for blowing up the boss was extremely pointless (though I'm glad we are finally rid of the roid-rage orc). Thrall and Jaina were in the raid though, and as others have said definitely had dialogue, to save Anduin. Her sisters never entered the Shadowlands and doing so for Veresa would be completely idiotic. She has a family, there is no reason for her to go prancing around the dead and looking for her own death. Valeria on the other hand would have made a bit more sense, but she wasn't part of the initial crew and I'm sure her unstable voidy underlings still need all the help they can get, even if Varoc doesn't want to admit it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    The Thrall/Garrosh thing is actuall a good point, that they didn't interact at all was kind of a missed opportunity and the little last defiance for blowing up the boss was extremely pointless (though I'm glad we are finally rid of the roid-rage orc). Thrall and Jaina were in the raid though, and as others have said definitely had dialogue, to save Anduin. Her sisters never entered the Shadowlands and doing so for Veresa would be completely idiotic. She has a family, there is no reason for her to go prancing around the dead and looking for her own death. Valeria on the other hand would have made a bit more sense, but she wasn't part of the initial crew and I'm sure her unstable voidy underlings still need all the help they can get, even if Varoc doesn't want to admit it.
    Don't even make me laugh. An old commoner like Emma can cross into Oribos so don't tell me it's too hard for Alleria to do so, when the Ren'dorei can Canonically open Dimensional rifts. If anything it'd be even easier for Alleria to cross into the Shadowlands compared to your average mortal.

Or are you trying to say that we have been underestimating Old Emma the entire time?

No one can threaten the Ren'dorei, they are the first mortals to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers, there's no reason to fear for their safety. How can you even suggest such a thing.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-11-24 at 10:34 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

If you ever want to have a fun time, call the Ren'dorei stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    If you ever want to have a fun time, call the Ren'dorei stupid.
    Oh yes, that's about to ruffle some feathers!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stories shouldn't be written based around what the fans like.
    Thus making your whole rant about Alleria moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Thus making your whole rant about Alleria moot.
    False.

I've never said Alleria should have been featured because I like her. I said Alleria should have been featured because she 1) can easily get into the Shadowlands 2) has a personal history with Sylvanas, even lamenting that she didn't kill her during their reunion 3) has a history with Death/Janitor in general by virtue of being infused with the power of their greatest enemy, the Void 4) vowed that she would see Sylvanas answer for her crimes. Although this last point is at least partly acknowledged, if it turns out that Suevanas is put on trial.

This useless peasant Old Emma was featured in Shadowlands FFS.

False.

I've never said Alleria should have been featured because I like her. .
    You didn't really have to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said Alleria should have been featured because she 1) can easily get into the Shadowlands
    Have you been to Bastion? There's an entire quest chain about the Void trying to attack Bastion & someone having to sacrifice themselves because of it. I can't imagine the denizens of Oribos or any zone of the Shadowlands seeing a Void portal open up & not immediately attacking whatever came through it.

2) has a personal history with Sylvanas, even lamenting that she didn't kill her during their reunion
    At this point, who doesn't have a personal history and/or a grudge with Sylvanas? Alleria does have more of a relationship than others to be sure, but it's not like she is exclusive on this point. Tyrande fills the "rage against Sylvanas" piece far better at this point.

3) has a history with Death/Janitor in general by virtue of being infused with the power of their greatest enemy, the Void
    What does this add to the story at all? Now, instead of one bad guy with dark powers, we've added in a character with a rival power...that is hated & feared throughout the universe, not just by the Jailer or Death. Her being infused with the Void doesn't give her any special insight into the realm, it just gives her whispers telling her to destroy it all. Besides, we've had hints pointing at the Light becoming a bigger player & that is a far bigger rival for the Void than Death is.

4) vowed that she would see Sylvanas answer for her crimes.
    She also vowed that Silvermoon would serve the Alliance again, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon. Her vowing something doesn't mean it absolutely will happen.

I love the windrunner sisters at this point they're all really interesting. But Alleria is so off the deep end I'm really excited how far shes going to fall. That her stans don't see how delusional her desire to retake the Sunwell is, makes me feel better about being a Sylvanas stan during this terrible storyline. Considering Alleria's logic is "A void portal erupted out of my when I got close to it, suggesting I do not have control over these strange powers; I'm sure attuning to the Sunwell again won't have any serious ramifications, despite doing nothing to circumvent that outcome, suggesting I don't have control over my actions" and now her husband controls he Alliance army I'm set for a Lannisterian level of devastation from her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it time for the windrunner boys to make an appearance yet? How old are they?

Them, anduin, thralls kid etc would probably be the next generation of warcraft figures.

Where is this headcanon that the Void Elf portals can be used to go into the Shadowlands from anyway?

Damn, why did we even bother with the sigils, should have just asked Alleria to make a portal to Zereth Mortis.

Even better, just make a portal straight to the Jaile while he is sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

Them, anduin, thralls kid etc would probably be the next generation of warcraft figures.
    Thaurissan II is the one I am curious about. No idea when a dwarf would be considered old enough to rule, but he should be getting old enough to at least have it be a topic of discussion at this point.
    The dwarf clans are properly united and his only obstacle to leading all the dwarfs at this point are the Ragnaros cultists within his own Dark Iron faction.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

Should be around 11 by the time SL happens, no? Anduin's 8-9 years older, in comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

In comparison, following the Argus Campaign, Anduin assumed Dagran Thaurissan II to be around 6-7, really. So, realistically, he should be around 1-3 years younger than Vereesa's sons.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Have you been to Bastion? There's an entire quest chain about the Void trying to attack Bastion & someone having to sacrifice themselves because of it. I can't imagine the denizens of Oribos or any zone of the Shadowlands seeing a Void portal open up & not immediately attacking whatever came through it.
    A complete non-argument borne out of bias against Alleria/the Ren'dorei. There's also an entire zone in Revendreth that was blasted away by the Light, yet you don't see the Venthyr being distrustful of paladins and priests.
    At this point, who doesn't have a personal history and/or a grudge with Sylvanas? Alleria does have more of a relationship than others to be sure, but it's not like she is exclusive on this point. Tyrande fills the "rage against Sylvanas" piece far better at this point.
    Who doesn't have it? Thrall for example. Old Emma too.

Legit the only history Thrall has with Sylvanas is that she tried to have him killed.

So... like pretty much any other organism in the Cosmos

What does this add to the story at all?
    What does Old Emma or Baine add to the story at all.
    She also vowed that Silvermoon would serve the Alliance again, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon. Her vowing something doesn't mean it absolutely will happen.
    Except that Sylvanas answering for her crimes literally happened lol.

Few posts here have made me this disappointed. This is a very disappointing post that shows obvious bias against Alleria and the Ren'dorei. I can clearly see that you hate them and would prefer if they didn't exist; but now that they exist, trying to deny them rightful spotlight isn't the way. Don't come up with unnecessary excuses and non-arguments, because that is a dishonest way to argue.

It is disappointing, because you make up argument to defend the indefensible. The Ren'dorei wouldn't have "added anything at all"? Well, aside from an actual in-game reunion, Alleria would have certainly done more than stare at a wall for 2 centuries like Mr. Cow did.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-11-25 at 07:13 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Few posts here have made me this disappointed. This is a very disappointing post that shows obvious bias against Alleria and the Ren'dorei. I can clearly see that you hate them and would prefer if they didn't exist; but now that they exist, trying to deny them rightful spotlight isn't the way. Don't come up with unnecessary excuses and non-arguments, because that is a dishonest way to argue.
    I wonder what will you do and how will you behave if their story wont go the way you think it will.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Oh yes, that's about to ruffle some feathers!
    Tentacles maybe, but feathers? Never. You have to draw the line someplace.

It's weird to see an entire forum bully one person just because that person likes an unpopular character. You all should be ashamed of your toxic behavior.