10+ Year Old Account
    Its not really shitty but @_@ whatever
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

What’s going on with Korthia? How’s that zone goin?

So, we’re having many heavyweights (Nerzhul, Kelthuzad, Sylvanas) in the SoD raid. Which prominent characters are left? Anduin, Malganis, Arthas, Muezhala and Jailer. There’s not much left for two more raids when it comes to important / big lore characters.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

There's also Helya. But really, they only need 1 or 2 notable ones per raid so they've got enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So, we’re having many heavyweights (Nerzhul, Kelthuzad, Sylvanas) in the SoD raid. Which prominent characters are left? Anduin, Malganis, Arthas, Muezhala and Jailer. There’s not much left for two more raids when it comes to important / big lore characters.
    Hleya, Denathrius, Mal’Ganis, Mueh’Zala, etc. we still could add in some new characters too.

Even after they squished ilvl they STILL HAVE THE HUGE GAP!!!

Well guys get ready for another number squish next expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Still have to deal with Anduin
    Still got helya
    The devourers

It looks like we get the primus back at least

A lot of old Elwynn Forest buildings have been updated to HD, like the Human Inns. I don't think they applied them to the old world yet, but they are in the files.

https://twitter.com/Marlamin/status/1382149627575685120
    Last edited by therumblings; 2021-04-14 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    A lot of old Elwynn Forest buildings have been updated to HD, like the Human Inns. I don't think they applied them to the old world yet, but they are in the files.

Yep. Starting to wonder if a world revamp is indeed coming.

The buildings look great, btw. Very cozy.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Not happening. Stormwind isn't built to serve as a raid. Look at it, it's too cramped up, too many small streets and alleys, and very few big open areas. Orgrimmar made more sense as a raid because it's much more open as a city. Same thing for Dazar'alor.
    What? No no no no. Geeze have we forgotten the infamous Siege of Stormwind already?

It was a map that was datamined back during WoD I believe. People immediately assumed "well it's in the map files so it must be a future raid, to mirror Siege of Orgrimmar."

About two expansions later it was removed. Turns out it was literally just a test map.

I would never trust a map file, especially one that overtly says test, to mean anything re future plans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post

Oh huh well hello sexy.

Up to you if I mean the building, the parrot, or the dwarf.

Well that certainly lends more credence to an HD world update. I wouldn't say it confirms any kind of major questing revamp though.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Even after they squished ilvl they STILL HAVE THE HUGE GAP!!!

Well guys get ready for another number squish next expansion
    You mean just like every previous time? When are you people going to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You mean just like every previous time? When are you people going to learn.
    I figured since they fuck up every squish they would save themselves future trouble and be ok with mythic of the previous tier not get replaced with normal gear

Interesting that the Kyrian covenant quests will take us back to Andorhal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yep. Starting to wonder if a world revamp is indeed coming.

The buildings look great, btw. Very cozy.
    I think it points to the opposite. That no single large world revamp is coming. Instead they will push piecemeal changes out like this over the course of a couple years. I mean, we're basically three quarters of the way there. All that's left is a new ground and environment texture, new tree and leaf models, and its done. They already revamped all the NPCs and the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I think it points to the opposite. That no single large world revamp is coming. Instead they will push piecemeal changes out like this over the course of a couple years. I mean, we're basically three quarters of the way there. All that's left is a new ground and environment texture, new tree and leaf models, and its done. They already revamped all the NPCs and the quests.
    Would love to do the covenant quests...

But the questline stops, and the other Korthia Quests get bugged at "Under the Illusion".

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Frankly I'm surprised they didn't smuggle in a couple of reworked trees, flowers and flavor items (carts, shovels, etc) every now and then to replace the old ones whenever they train a new intern or learn in a new employee in their tools. Like their first task is to pick 5 old trees and update them to the new standards. Changing a few of the ultra low pologon trees and a few generic 100 times reused buildings (like the crpyt entrance) would go a looong way to make the old world look better.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

So is Lilian going to show up soon or what?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    As usual, item level jump is 2x difficulty (old Heroic = new LFR), this time it's 26 instead of 30 like in Legion/BfA. So looks like in 9.0 they made enough conduit levels to fill 5 seasons.

If we get two more after that I would bet on one of them being a side raid. It would probably be about the devourers and/or brokers. I feel like everyone in the story is kinda downplaying the alien invaders that literally eat away at the very foundations of the shadowlands.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I mean... Azeroth is all the Jailer wanted. The creation of the Lich King happened because the Jailer wanted Azeroth. So who really doesn’t expect Shadowlands to end on Azeroth?
    "Azeroth is what the Iron Horde wanted" -> Final raid is not on Azeroth
    "Azeroth is what the Legion wanted" -> Final raid is not on Azeroth
    "Azeroth is what N'Zoth wanted, in an expansion called Battle for AZEROTH" -> Final raid is not on Azeroth

Actually now it's 3 times in a row where the final raid isn't taking place on Azeroth, Shadowlands will be the 4th.

Are you also one of the people who believed in this?

Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-04-14 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    If we get two more after that I would bet on one of them being a side raid. It would probably be about the devourers and/or brokers. I feel like everyone in the story is kinda downplaying the alien invaders that literally eat away at the very foundations of the shadowlands.
    I just don’t deem them important enough to get an extra content patch and tier right between 9.1 and 9.3. From a storytelling perspective it would be a distraction and hardly make sense. I mean we get the Broker dungeon in 9.1, so there’s that... but going from Maw invasion / Sylvanas to a throwaway raid that has nothing to do with the Jailer in particular would really destroy the storytelling arc of Shadowlands in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    "Azeroth is what the Iron Horde wanted" -> Final raid is not on Azeroth
    "Azeroth is what the Legion wanted" -> Final raid is not on Azeroth
    "Azeroth is what N'Zoth wanted, in an expansion called Battle for AZEROTH" -> Final raid is not on Azeroth

Actually now it's 3 times in a row where the final raid isn't taking place on Azeroth, Shadowlands will be the 4th.

Are you also one of the people who believed in this?

Uhm. The Iron Horde made its way to Azeroth. The Legion made its way to Azeroth. N’zoth‘s raid was just an Old God‘s dimension, for sure it was part of Azeroth one way or another.

The Jailer wants Azeroth and created the Lich King exactly because of that. The Jailer didn’t set foot on Azeroth yet. It’s vice versa in this case, and yes I absolutely believe the final raid will culminate in either Icecrown or Stormwind.

There are basically two certain stations for the final raid: Oribos, as the Jailer wants the Arbiter and Icecrown, as the Jailer wants Azeroth. We can add Stormwind into the mix because it fits Anduin‘s story and they can cash on nostalgia when they go full circle and give us an Arthas / Terenas Lordaeron moment with Anduin and Stormwind - but I fear that we’re going to salvage Anduin in this case.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-04-14 at 06:45 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again