Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Because Sylvanas is talking with Uther about her trauma.

- - - Updated - - -

And once again, he never dominated her.

Sylvanas did everything she did out of her own free will.
    When she sided against him in SoD, she didn't wrestle for her control, she literally pleaded him to leave the rest alone and only attacked him when he didn't do so.

The attempt is her realizing she did bad stuff, not Zovaal dominating her because, once again, he didn't.

We know what domination looks like, we know what effect it has on the dominated soul.
    She was not dominated.
    That is the logical explanation for sure, and the one that is the lesser character assassination, but it's also one that requires a bit of obscure knowledge on Arthas and Sylvanas' relationship, as well as being the option that doesnt make excuses for Sylvanas' actions.

In pretty much every way it's the better choice narratively, but the writing around Sylvanas is hardly the kind that deserves the benefit of the doubt at this point.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Zovaal never controlled her, and if anything, and the only thing that's even close to breaking free in terms of Zovaal is when she gets her soul back, which comes AFTER the arrow.

I mean... if it looks like redemption and if it smells like redemption and if it sounds like redemption... it might be redemption in the end?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Zovaal never controlled her, and if anything, and the only thing that's even close to breaking free in terms of Zovaal is when she gets her soul back, which comes AFTER the arrow.
    Logic hasnt stopped the writers before when ti came to making dumb mistakes.
    All signs point to this being in reference to Arthas, and while it most likely will be that still doesnt factor in the writing teams ability to crash and burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean... if it looks like redemption and if it smells like redemption and if it sounds like redemption... it might be redemption in the end?
    I mean, so far it sounds like nothing. The only person who even vaguely hears Sylvanas out is Uther, and that's because he probably doesn't give a shit because it's a lot less personal for him than it is for any of the Azeroth people. Other than that, we know that we need her to free Anduin.

We barely know anything about her involvement at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Oo dude.. please. Not this again.

- - - Updated - - -

Ye I dont get the complaints either. The model is fine, its fantasy.
    Yes, children do play this fantasy game. This is why, according to Danuser, words "b*tch" or "greenskin" has been wisely removed. I just do not understand why children can look at half-naked succubus or incubus tho. At least dress them up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Yes, children do play this fantasy game. This is why, according to Danuser, words "b*tch" or "greenskin" has been wisely removed. I just do not understand why children can look at half-naked succubus or incubus tho. At least dress them up a little.
    Whats next? Banning children from going to the beach, lmao?

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Rated T for teen. That’s on the parents.

“Children play Doom Eternal. Better get rid of the violence and gore.”
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    i thought the same about Illidan back in Legion, before 7.3. child of light and darkness, all that. and then he breaks the talking windchime in his usual pretentious manner. i know, it looked 'edgy' to the point of silliness, but i liked it.

they can pull the same trick here, but with Tyrande instead stopping the kerriganization and executing Sylvanas right after the 'not guilty' verdict. actually morally gray btw

and then it turns out that Sira's mission in Dragonblight was to set up a doomsday device which will resurrect Galakrond if Sylvanas dies for real. voilà, the transition to the Dragon isles

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    i thought the same about Illidan back in Legion, before 7.3. child of light and darkness, all that. and then he breaks the talking windchime in his usual pretentious manner. i know, it looked 'edgy' to the point of silliness, but i liked it.

they can pull the same trick here, but with Tyrande instead stopping the kerriganization and executing Sylvanas right after the 'not guilty' verdict. actually morally gray btw

and then it turns out that Sira's mission in Dragonblight was to set up a doomsday device which will resurrect Galakrond if Sylvanas dies for real. voilà, the transition to the Dragon isles
    Tyrande already choose renewal over violence. I'm quite sure we will get Sylvanas back as the hero she deserves to be. No way they are killing her off now that she gets her redemption arc.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Drunk guy falls

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Suggesting it leans B, only to proceed into a convoluted explanation as to why actually, Sylvanas is talking about her distant past, kind of makes little sense.

If you need to put a bunch of effort into explaining why your theory is right, chances are it isn't.

Blizzard is a simple company made up of simplistic writers who tend to go with what they want, not what other people think makes the most sense.

For example, if people want a break from Shadowlands, their solution is to paint it slightly green. If people want Northrend 2.0 and a triumphant return of the Lich King, their solution is Shadowlands and the Jailer. If people want a seafaring expansion with underwater content and pirates, their solution is BfA.

The simplest answer to our question is that Sylvanas is simply addressing her recent period of... questionable choices, and is on the path to redemption.

While Arthas and that whole story serves as a sort of framing to this entire expansion, the story itself is still very much concerned with current events. That's why you have Anduin prancing around as a lame Arthas wannabe instead of Arthas himself (or even Bolvar).
    The devs literally tell you what they're doing regarding her and Uther and the article the quote comes from tells you that it's opposite a conversation with Uther about Arthas. They say in the video introducing the same patch that Sylvanas was 'tricked' prior to this point. It's extremely transparent what it's about. The last point is especially a load of nonsense considering the story spent obscene amounts of screentime lambasting Uther about punishing the guy who killed everyone he ever met with a trip in hell, then uses the exact same language in Sylvanas' current voice lines. The dialogue is about Arthas.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post

Drunk guy falls

Lol, the fall backwards is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Lol, the fall backwards is hilarious
    Let that be a lesson to all who sport such absurd pauldrons.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Why would people be triggered? Been wanting an Incubus for ages.
    1. They put clothes on female succubus and say "Stop oversexualization women, replace any woman picture with fruit picture"

Then

2. Release almost naked oversexualized version of Incubus, like yeah now you can jerkoff to that devil, its OK.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    1. They put clothes on female succubus and say "Stop oversexualization women, replace any woman picture with fruit picture"

Then

2. Release almost naked oversexualized version of Incubus, like yeah now you can jerkoff to that devil, its OK.
    The female succubus model us unchanged though.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post

Then

The picture served no gameplay purpose and is trivial to remove. The Succubus isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post

I would love that, but I am sure Tyrande at this point would rather behead herself than Sylvanas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post

Drunk guy falls
    It looks like he just learned to walk some minutes ago, this animation is cringy-bad.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Its the hands that get me. I get falling to your knee and putting your fist(s) down, though it is a bit awkward, but they remain clenched until just a moment before he hits the ground on his back, and in fact now that I watch it again only his right fist unclenches even then, his left is still clenched.

Looks weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Its the hands that get me. I get falling to your knee and putting your fist(s) down, though it is a bit awkward, but they remain clenched until just a moment before he hits the ground on his back, and in fact now that I watch it again only his right fist unclenches even then, his left is still clenched.

Looks weird to me.
    three options: 1) half-baked animation, still unfinished; 2) bad animation; 3) he's wielding something (the giant hammer maybe)