Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Yes, and Blizzard's version of "announced" would not be in a state worthy of a cinematic trailer at the game awards. (Unlike a wow expansion, whos development doesn't need to be announced; its just presumed) And they certainly don't show off mobile games at the game awards. Considering both Overwatch & Diablo are both way behind schedule I doubt they have been starting entirely new IPs. Any unannounced projects are absolutely not in a state that would warrant a world premiere, like I said.

And if Activision Blizzard was never supposed to be part of the presentation, they would have just said that on Thursday, & not amend the statement a day later.
    H-haha, yeah, it's not like SC2, D3, D4, HotS, Overwatch, every wow expansion, Diablo: Immortal, and OW2, i.e. every game the company has announced in the past almost 20 years besides Hearthstone, has announced with a cinematic and then relatively sparse information because they are still years from release.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Are you really anthropomorphising the game itself?
    You shouldn't anthropomorphize games. They hate it when you do that.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

This tells us they absolutely were planning on teasing the next expansion at TGA after cancelling Blizzconline.
    They were NEVER going to announce the next expac at the game awards. It's just not their audience plus they won't tease the new expac before we know how the current one ends. If anything they'd announce a new game or a new ip, but surely nothing WoW related. Can you please for the love of god stop writing bullshirt? Nearly every of your posts reeks of nonsense.
    Last edited by ExiHext; 2021-12-04 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    They were NEVER going to announce the next expac at the game awards. It's just not their audience plus they won't tease the new expac before we know how the current one ends. If anything they'd announce a new game or a new ip, but surely nothing WoW related. Can you please for the love of god stop writing bullshirt? Nearly every of your posts reeks of nonsense.
    It's not like they announced Shadowlands before 8.3 even came out. Why are you so mad? Knowing blizzard they want those preorders out as soon as possible..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternicce View Post
    It's not like they announced Shadowlands before 8.3 even came out. Why are you so mad? Knowing blizzard they want those preorders out as soon as possible..
    Because there is no precedent for them to make a mention at game awards. It was just something that person thought of and is upset their personal theory turned out wrong.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Considering how its set up, it wouldn't surprise me if they very much intended for Bolvar and Calia to be a thing but scrapped that idea later on.
    I imagine it could still be happening, just Blizzard hasn't found the best time to drop the plotline.
    It isn't just a small lore tidbit, it's a massive bombshell that will likely define not just Forsaken, but all Human storylines for ages.
    It isn't exactly the kind of plotline that can be put in a questline as an aside.

BfA was crammed to the brim with extraneous stuff, so I doubt the writers wanted to cram even more stuff in, and SL very much so seems to have been trimmed down like WoD was, so I wouldnt be surprised if it was meant to be a plotline at some point but it was cut since it didn't directly relate to the main story.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I imagine it could still be happening, just Blizzard hasn't found the best time to drop the plotline.
    It isn't just a small lore tidbit, it's a massive bombshell that will likely define not just Forsaken, but all Human storylines for ages.
    It isn't exactly the kind of plotline that can be put in a questline as an aside.

BfA was crammed to the brim with extraneous stuff, so I doubt the writers wanted to cram even more stuff in, and SL very much so seems to have been trimmed down like WoD was, so I wouldnt be surprised if it was meant to be a plotline at some point but it was cut since it didn't directly relate to the main story.
    And some things weren't there originally(See Bwonsamdi and his odda side dungeon).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

But again, as for tangible proof of the theory there isn't really any. It's solely on how oddly coincidental it is that Calia mentions a missing daughter who was with her husband, as Bolvar mentioning having to leave his wife in Lordaeron when the Scourge attack.
    That's just not a thing. The only thing we know about Bolvar during the Third War is that he sent his daughter to Kul Tiras where she was accepted as a ward of the Proudmoores and was given to a knight to raise and tutor her. Which tells us that Bolvar was already an influential person, likely nobility, not to mention that he is a paladin and a Lord himself, and Lady Mara Fordragon, the High Clerist of Stormwind during the First War, was likely his mother as well, meaning he is from Stormwind and most likely returned to rebuild it after. He is probably of about the same age as Varian, probably was his friend, too, given that he was a regent for Anduin.

Meanwhile, Calia's husband was footman, from Lordaeron, and decidedly a commoner. Unless Bolvar had a ridiculously wild side to him and went to Lordaeron incognito to pretend to be a footman and seduce princesses, there is no way Bolvar is Calia's husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    Meanwhile, Calia's husband was footman, from Lordaeron, and decidedly a commoner. Unless Bolvar had a ridiculously wild side to him and went to Lordaeron incognito to pretend to be a footman and seduce princesses, there is no way Bolvar is Calia's husband.
    Bolvar was just a footman before the Third War & rose to prominence for his heroism during the Third War. He is *not* nobility: We don't know his relation to Mara Fordragon other than having the last name, but as far as we can tell while Paladins can have wives & children, Church personnel cannot. So she's probably not his mother, nor nobility in the formal sense.

Bolvar was just a footman before the Third War & rose to prominence for his heroism during the Third War. He is *not* nobility: We don't know his relation to Mara Fordragon other than having the last name, but as far as we can tell while Paladins can have wives & children, Church personnel cannot. So she's probably not his mother, nor nobility in the formal sense.
    We literally do not know any of Bolvar's backstory. The earliest we can trace him is in fact him asking House Proudmoore to watch after Taelia in the wake of the Third War, something that a mere footman wouldn't be able to do.

Also, Lady Mara Fordragon appears to have become a paladin of the Silver hand, based on the fact that the statue in the paladin Order Hall depicting her is armed and wears the Judgement set. And as her title of Lady tells us, she most definitely was at least a knight.

Their only avenue now is to just dump it onto youtube in the coming weeks, with no fanfaire. How humiliating.
    Not really - there's a decent alternative: the next WoW expansion was never meant to be announced at game awards, because... it's nowhere near being ready to be shown to the public and there's not going to be a 10.0 announcement for the next couple of months.

If so, they might be aiming for other conventions like PAX East in April or some game show in the summer. Or heck, even Gamescom or the next Blizzcon in October / November, if they're really behind or working on something ambitious.

Are there really people that believe they would announce the next expansion before next year?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    just like there was no way of they finding Derek Proudmoore Corpse, intact and pristine, in the bottom of the ocean, after being turn to ashes by dragon fire

and here we are, at this point everyone should know that continuity and lore be dammed, if the writing team want that Bolvar and Calia had a thing in the past they will damn well make then to be a thing, and will retcon to make it so.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-12-05 at 05:57 AM.

Ok so either us messing around in zereth mortis caused a time skip or it messes with reality a bit (gnomeragon being cleaned and other stuff)

Either way I’m ready because dragon isles has not been burned

We have ziidormi phasing making zone remakes easier

I’m ready to leave shadowlands behind because personally I don’t like the setting or the story

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    "Squarevanas Boxrunner, The Geometry Queen"
    Im almost tempted to quote you and put that in my sig lmao.

That's just not a thing. The only thing we know about Bolvar during the Third War is that he sent his daughter to Kul Tiras where she was accepted as a ward of the Proudmoores and was given to a knight to raise and tutor her. Which tells us that Bolvar was already an influential person, likely nobility, not to mention that he is a paladin and a Lord himself, and Lady Mara Fordragon, the High Clerist of Stormwind during the First War, was likely his mother as well, meaning he is from Stormwind and most likely returned to rebuild it after. He is probably of about the same age as Varian, probably was his friend, too, given that he was a regent for Anduin.

The footman thing is another hole in the theory, but not really a big one.
    Again, yes it's not the most solid theory, but most of it just lines up too well to seem like it wasnt planned. The only explanation I could have for it being a coincidence is tere being two separate writers who just happened to come up with the same basic idea.

Bolvar was friends with Varian, which likely meant that he at least met Calia when they were refugees in Lordaeron. Really all you need to say is that Calia didnt know Bolvar was nobility, Bolvar was not nobility at the time, or simply that Calia didnt tell us the players that her lover was nobility and instead just said footman as a generic knight type.

Mara Fordragon being a lady isnt the slam dunk argument it might seem like either. For one we don't know that she and Bolvar are actually closely related since there isnt actually any backstory mentioning it, nor do we know whether she was nobility when Bolvar was in Lordaeron.

Bolvar goes to Lordaeron as a refugee, is/becomes friends with Varian, meets Arthas and Calia, falls in love with Calia, has daughter in secret, Scourge breaks out and they get separated and both assumes the other dead.

Again, this is the most basic of storytelling tropes. This isnt real life where the argument necessarily gets felled on small details. The entire concept taht Calia married in secret, got a daughter and then lost sight of them during a scourge attack, coupled with Bolvar having a secret daughter with a mystery woman that he also just happened to lose sight of during a scourge attack is essentially a landslide of evidence in their favor.
    Making the two events unrelated is almost unheard of in writing unless you deliberately want to trick the consumer into assuming they are related only to pull the rug out afterwards.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Again, this is the most basic of storytelling tropes. This isnt real life where the argument necessarily gets felled on small details. The entire concept taht Calia married in secret, got a daughter and then lost sight of them during a scourge attack, coupled with Bolvar having a secret daughter with a mystery woman that he also just happened to lose sight of during a scourge attack is essentially a landslide of evidence in their favor.
    Again, this is just not a thing that's ever been established. Bolvar sending Taelia away for her safety after she lost her mother in the Scourge attack on Lordaeron is the only thing we know about that particular incident. We only know that Bolvar was in position to send her away, that Proudmoores knew who he was, that Taelia knew who he was and that she was old enough to claim that she's never asked Bolvar for anything since she was a little girl. We don't know if she even lived in Lordaeron at the time, or if her mother just happened to be visiting Lordaeron.

Another thing that makes me very unsure that Taelia is Bolvar and Calia's daughter is that if it was planned for Calia to be her mother, at least Taelia would more closely resemble Bolvar to keep it a secret. But she is a raven-haired woman, while Bolvar is either brown or red-haired, and Calia is blonde. It is impossible for a child born to a blonde (both hair color genes in the allele are recessive and other genes limit production of red pheomelanin pigment) and whatever Bolvar's hair color is supposed to be (it seems to be either auburn or red, so either he has one dominant functional black/brown eumelanin gene and one recessive pheomelanin gene in the allele, or both of his genes are recessive and their production is unimpeded by other genes) to be black-haired (since it is the most dominant gene combination of the four). And while writers are not geneticists, that they made Tiffin blonde to explain Anduin leads me to believe that they at least know that hair color is one of the best ways to establish heredity of a character and explain away seeming inconsistencies.
    Making the two events unrelated is almost unheard of in writing unless you deliberately want to trick the consumer into assuming they are related only to pull the rug out afterwards.
    I think the simplest explanation is that, while Calia's child is a plot hook and Taelia is important now, Calia's husband and Bolvar's wife exist solely to explain how their children exist and why we haven't heard of them before (Calia's husband being a commoner and against what daddy wanted her to marry; Bolvar's wife being the catalyst for sending Taelia away), but they are not themselves real characters in the story. They are the Tiffin Ellerian Wrynn to Calia's child's and Taelia's Anduin. If Tiffin wasn't an explanation for Anduin, there would be a million theories regarding him being Jaina's son of all people (and I'm pretty sure there is at least one amongst "Anduin-is-actually-Arthas's-son" theories where he is). Sure, we know that they existed, we even know something about both Tiffin and Calia's husband, but they are still essentially props. They just aren't that important, especially Bolvar's wife, who is mentioned exactly once in passing and never again.

Really, if there was some familial connection between Bolvar and Calia, at least the former would recognize her by now as his wife (I'm willing to forgive Calia not recognizing Bolvar the Lava Man) and show it in some way, but I don't think they even really interact with each other.
    Last edited by Vladier; 2021-12-05 at 11:07 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Are there really people that believe they would announce the next expansion before next year?
    It wouldn't be impossible to reveal expansion in very early stage, like Legion or SL. But it would be stupid to take attention away from 9.2 when no Blizzcon force them to give all big news at one event.

I believe 10.0 is revamp and will launch 2023 (if it is really big revamp, maybe even August 2023, SL will be always remember as drought expac, month more or less doesn't make a difference), but even 'regular' November/December 2022 expansion could be revealed after 9.2 launch if Alpha would follow soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    "Incredible games — and the talented developers who build them — are who we want to celebrate." he literally said wow is not incredible enough to be celebrated here lmao.
    Well, he is not wrong on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Some people here claimed that FF14 is #1 popular MMO now and even attempt to cover FF14 release by Blizzard with PTR or timewalking is pathetic and doomed to failure.

Of course PTR is not like patch launch, but where is this FF hype? Why 24 hours after release it has ~20k viewers on twitch like WoW on most dead periods? Of course twitch isn't precise measurement, but two similar games should have similar outcomes.

Or most people play on release, not early access for some reason (cause I really don't understand difference when we all buy digital versions)? That's why I'll wait with final judgement until next week.
    Every FF14 server has 5 hour queues.

Guess there is no hype for the game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Every FF14 server has 5 hour queues.

Guess there is no hype for the game.
    I don't talk about relative popularity between usual day in FF14 and launch day. You have queus when you have far more players than you expect, doesn't mean you break all records. SL was fastest selling PC game before Cyberpunk and had minimal queues (which was unusual on it's own, Legion/BfA had none), Blizzard know more or less what number of people to expect on retail expac launch. If we would get queus there, people would blame Blizzard incompetence (and they would be right).

Of course, I repeat, Twitch views are not precise measurement, but when WoW expac get almost a milion views for release, even re-release of TBC get 500k, then people claim FF14 is #1 in genre (in popularity, not quality), then on release FF14 expac get, what, 50k views top (right now it's 19k).. well, difference is so vast that we can safely call all these claims bullshit.

Btw, views should be higher especially when people are waiting in queues.