1. #15721
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Invading your mind
    Posts
    16,256
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMcU1zWnws4

    The new crown looks like trash.

    || Malicious Deliciousness ||


  2. #15722
    Well well jailer dies as he lived atleast doing abolutely nothing lol. He must be the most boring and unoriginal villan of all times.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  3. #15723
    Bloodsail Admiral Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Someone pointed out, and I wonder if this might actually be the "best" end to Sylvanas.
    What if at the end of Shadowlands we just leave Sylvanas in the Shadowlands to search for Nathanos. She doesnt come back, she doesnt get a fancy new title. She is just left in exile in the Shadowlands searching for Nathanos and we never see or hear from her again?
    It would remove her from the plot completely, but still leave a tiny bit of leeway in case the writers want to use her again, and it is a halfway decent callback to Alleria and Turalyon being gone "forever".

    I think that kind of ending might work actually. Even if her character will be forever soured to me by the writers seemingly emotionally blackmailing us into feeling bad for blue eyes Sylvanas for actions the game has positioned itself as to not being her fault.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I imagine that might be the best ending for her character at this point. She doesnt get redemption, she doesnt get to return to Azeroth, and she doesnt really taint the story at all with her presence.
    Even for Tyrande it should be a fitting end. She doesnt get direct vengeance, but she can feel confident Sylvanas will never come back to Azeroth again.
    They don't set up a Sylvanas with new armour and new soul for her to not going back to Azeroth. We will get our Ranger General back, and she will be a propper main character again similiar to Thrall and Jaina. Also they can do a real Windrunner reunion now. Can't wait for it!

  4. #15724
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    They don't set up a Sylvanas with new armour and new soul for her to not going back to Azeroth. We will get our Ranger General back, and she will be a propper main character again similiar to Thrall and Jaina. Also they can do a real Windrunner reunion now. Can't wait for it!
    We do actually have som dialogue that implies Sylvanas will spend time finding Nathanos again, which reads to me like the writers taking Sylvanas out of the story in a way that allows her to return one day.

    And characters get new models all the time only to die. Varian got a new model that was used solely for the Legion scenario on the Broken Shore. I really don't see why the same couldnt happen to Sylvanas here. It isnt exaclty a massively complex model to begin with. If she returns she can use it, but as is it is a nice model for this one patch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  5. #15725
    Bloodsail Admiral Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    We do actually have som dialogue that implies Sylvanas will spend time finding Nathanos again, which reads to me like the writers taking Sylvanas out of the story in a way that allows her to return one day.

    And characters get new models all the time only to die. Varian got a new model that was used solely for the Legion scenario on the Broken Shore. I really don't see why the same couldnt happen to Sylvanas here. It isnt exaclty a massively complex model to begin with. If she returns she can use it, but as is it is a nice model for this one patch.
    They didn't even bother giving Illidan new HD glaives because they knew they wouldn't use his model for the next few Expansions. And I'm fine with her spending some time with Nathanos only for both to be back in the future. Or maybe they could turn the whole quest into a dungeon where we help her free him from Torghast, that would be cool.

  6. #15726
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    They didn't even bother giving Illidan new HD glaives because they knew they wouldn't use his model for the next few Expansions. And I'm fine with her spending some time with Nathanos only for both to be back in the future. Or maybe they could turn the whole quest into a dungeon where we help her free him from Torghast, that would be cool.
    They did however give Illidan a new HD model. The lack of HD glaives meanwhile is explained by the players having them, it would be very odd to have to explain how Illidan has them despite them being a well known thing we took from him in TBC.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Anduin got a model that was only used for a single questline in 7.2. Which of course is barely scratching the surface of the large amounts of boss models that gets used for one single boss battle.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  7. #15727
    The long 'split soul' cinematic looks off to me. Models are too anime and generally animation does not feel like wow engine. Reminds me of that horrible Arthas Vs Illidian battle cinematic from Reforged, not as bad of course, but wouldn't be surprised if they have outsourced this.

    The dialog/story is good though.

  8. #15728
    I am Murloc! Fahrad Wagner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    5,298
    Am I the only one not mad at the cinematic? Of all ways to partially redeem Sylvanas but still punish her, this was probably the best compromise.

    To me, this is not a full redemption at all and that's the whole point of this video: it doesn't matter the best part of her soul was gone or locked away, those were still HER actions. They were unforgivable and she realises (and accepts?) she will have to pay for them and face consequences.

    I don't know, I was expecting to hate whatever they'd come up with regarding Sylvanas, and I kind of like this. Let's wait and see, hoping they don't screw it up with the last chapter.

  9. #15729
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Danuser, not content that Sylvanas got only one new model per patch, requested that she gets at least two this time.

  10. #15730
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Am I the only one not mad at the cinematic? Of all ways to partially redeem Sylvanas but still punish her, this was probably the best compromise.

    To me, this is not a full redemption at all and that's the whole point of this video: it doesn't matter the best part of her soul was gone or locked away, those were still HER actions. They were unforgivable and she realises (and accepts?) she will have to pay for them and face consequences.

    I don't know, I was expecting to hate whatever they'd come up with regarding Sylvanas, and I kind of like this. Let's wait and see, hoping they don't screw it up with the last chapter.
    When people say "I hope Sylvanas doesn't get redeemed!" what they actually mean is "I don't want Sylvanas to show up ever again". Simple as that.

    Nothing in the cinematic indicates redemption. Sylvanas herself admits that she doesn't deserve or even wants redemption.

    The only people who don't want her to get executed on the spot are Uther and maybe Bolvar, and that's because they were not affected by Sylvanas. Thrall, Jaina and Baine clearly couldn't care less.

    Now, we don't know what is coming, but so far, the only "redemption" there is, is that she is the only person who can "cure" Anduin. Thrall and the rest are not keeping Sylvanas around because they like her again, they are doing that because they need her.

    Also: I really love the new artstyle in cinematics, but it feels off and I can't tell you why.

  11. #15731
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Am I the only one not mad at the cinematic? Of all ways to partially redeem Sylvanas but still punish her, this was probably the best compromise.

    To me, this is not a full redemption at all and that's the whole point of this video: it doesn't matter the best part of her soul was gone or locked away, those were still HER actions. They were unforgivable and she realises (and accepts?) she will have to pay for them and face consequences.

    I don't know, I was expecting to hate whatever they'd come up with regarding Sylvanas, and I kind of like this. Let's wait and see, hoping they don't screw it up with the last chapter.
    I actually really enjoyed the cinematic, though I did find Sylvanas' living model off somehow. But minor quibble.

    This is actually one of the first things to give me some hope in regards to this. Still not expecting much but its a start, at least to me.

  12. #15732
    Nathanos hunt is not the ending I expected for Sylvanas but it keeps her alive like Illidan while also out of the story.

    Will she be the one judged at the end now that she isn’t dead?

  13. #15733
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I imagine that might be the best ending for her character at this point. She doesnt get redemption, she doesnt get to return to Azeroth, and she doesnt really taint the story at all with her presence.
    Even for Tyrande it should be a fitting end. She doesnt get direct vengeance, but she can feel confident Sylvanas will never come back to Azeroth again.
    This would actually be a tolerable ending. She doesn't die but she also doesn't return to Azeroth, she's removed from the plot but with the possibility to come back, it hearkens back to Tyrande calling her out in 9.1. Congratulations, you've cracked the code. With her in retirement we can get on with it without saddling the plot with everyone telling her they love her now.

    In other news, the fact that Anduin ends up being completely pointless to resolving the issue of the Bald Man mind controlling everyone and they do actually go to the Primus, the most experienced guy there, to fix it was a pleasant surprise. For once Our Treasure isn't the cure to all the world's ills. He is of course completely unchanged after being Satan's sockpuppet, which is great, since I won the bet on how He'd be entirely unchanged from this chain of events.

    Also thank fuck they put Sylvanas back in a variant of her classic outfit instead of the literally and morally grey eyesore they saddled her with while she was part of the Bald Man's posse.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-12-08 at 02:45 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

  14. #15734
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Am I the only one not mad at the cinematic?
    I'm not mad at it. Nor am I happy with it. I am completely indifferent. I've said my piece about what I think of the trajectory of WoW's story. I don't see that trajectory being influenced by me or anyone external to Blizzard, so why waste the emotional energy hoping for something that is very unlikely to happen? Honestly, I'm just waiting for a pleasant surprise - I've not had one in years. I only feel a twinge of small sadness when I think about it. WoW is now that distant friend who you would like to reconnect with, but also realize that they've changed and the person you miss no longer exists. This stuff happens. That's life. It's accepted. No use bemoaning it at every opportunity.

  15. #15735
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMcU1zWnws4

    The new crown looks like trash.
    I saw somebody post this on discord:
    "destroys an iconic piece from WC3 and turns it into a tacky, ugly, unnecessary 'better' version none asked for"
    And that sums up nuWoW lore pretty well I'd say. Good metaphor.

  16. #15736
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I saw somebody post this on discord:
    "destroys an iconic piece from WC3 and turns it into a tacky, ugly, unnecessary 'better' version none asked for"
    And that sums up nuWoW lore pretty well I'd say. Good metaphor.
    I already expect Aeluron Lightsong to come here and tell us how it looks cool and he doesnt understand whats the big deal.

  17. #15737
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    When people say "I hope Sylvanas doesn't get redeemed!" what they actually mean is "I don't want Sylvanas to show up ever again". Simple as that.

    Nothing in the cinematic indicates redemption. Sylvanas herself admits that she doesn't deserve or even wants redemption.

    The only people who don't want her to get executed on the spot are Uther and maybe Bolvar, and that's because they were not affected by Sylvanas. Thrall, Jaina and Baine clearly couldn't care less.

    Now, we don't know what is coming, but so far, the only "redemption" there is, is that she is the only person who can "cure" Anduin. Thrall and the rest are not keeping Sylvanas around because they like her again, they are doing that because they need her.

    Also: I really love the new artstyle in cinematics, but it feels off and I can't tell you why.
    You can want a character to die and never return for their own sake. Good characters have good arcs, and you can't have an arc without an ending. Arthas has a beginning, a middle and an end. Garrosh has a beginning, a middle and an end. They are complete stories. Sylvanas' Arc is like Mr Bones Wild Ride, it never ends and you don't know where it's going.

  18. #15738
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,000
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    You can want a character to die and never return for their own sake. Good characters have good arcs, and you can't have an arc without an ending. Arthas has a beginning, a middle and an end. Garrosh has a beginning, a middle and an end. They are complete stories. Sylvanas' Arc is like Mr Bones Wild Ride, it never ends and you don't know where it's going.
    I'm personally done with Sylvanas but if for some reason the entire warcraft fanbase claimed for more Sylvanas, its hard not to do that. Its how must superhero stuff lives on. And people see "start middle end" differently to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  19. #15739
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    You can want a character to die and never return for their own sake. Good characters have good arcs, and you can't have an arc without an ending. Arthas has a beginning, a middle and an end. Garrosh has a beginning, a middle and an end. They are complete stories. Sylvanas' Arc is like Mr Bones Wild Ride, it never ends and you don't know where it's going.
    Don't get me wrong, it is time to retire the Sylvanas character.

    But I wish people would drop the false facade of "Oh, I just don't want her redeemed". People don't want an ending for her, people want her to just disappear.

  20. #15740
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Someone pointed out, and I wonder if this might actually be the "best" end to Sylvanas.
    What if at the end of Shadowlands we just leave Sylvanas in the Shadowlands to search for Nathanos. She doesnt come back, she doesnt get a fancy new title. She is just left in exile in the Shadowlands searching for Nathanos and we never see or hear from her again?
    But we will see her again. If they leave her untouched, she's about to come back sooner or later. That's the point to keep her, isn't it?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •