10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Yeah but she's not some nobody in Quel'thalas, she was the head of their military. And Uther is probably the 3rd most powerful human in Lordaeron at the time.

Them not knowing each other is not impossible but extremely unlikely.
    Knowing someone and actually identifying them is an entirely different thing. Its still pretty likely that Sylvanas barely knew about Uther and or identify him.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Knowing someone and actually identifying them is an entirely different thing. Its still pretty likely that Sylvanas barely knew about Uther and or identify him.
    Point is really moot since she recognizes his ghost and calls him by name in Halls of Reflection. And considering he died before she did that would be otherwise impossible for her know unless they already knew each other in life.

Sylvanas walks to the sword
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Standing this close to the blade that ended my life... The pain... It is renewed.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: I dare not touch it. Stand back! Stand back as I attempt to commune with the blade! Perhaps our salvation lies within...
    Uther the Lightbringer says: Careful, girl. I've heard talk of that cursed blade saving us before. Look around you and see what has been born of Frostmourne.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Uther...Uther the Lightbringer. How...

10+ Year Old Account
    Point is really moot since she recognizes his ghost and calls him by name in Halls of Reflection. And considering he died before she did that would be otherwise impossible for her know unless they already knew each other in life.

And you can argue the banshee knew of Uther and the ranger general persona only recently learned of him as per the cinematic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

And you can argue the banshee knew of Uther and the ranger general persona only recently learned of him as per the cinematic.
    Wasn’t the soul talking to Uther essentially both of them at that point

Even if they weren’t I’m not sure how the banshee would have known

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Sylvanas knew Nathanos because he was the only human who managed to make it through ranger training not because she intimately tracked every human in a fifty mile radius.
    Tirisfal is like two miles wide at most. It's not that hard. And dont get me started on Halls of Reflection: She recognized him.

We're mostly just giving you a hard time. We know the cinematic is supposed to be mostly metaphorical for her internal conflict. But it's very "bad genre show magical realism." Its indicative of a subpar writer who's not as clever as he thinks he is. I bet he's already planned a 4 year story arc to repair the damage he did to Elune's character.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2021-12-12 at 08:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tirisfal is two miles wide in-game. I'm pretty sure in lore it is represented a lot bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Tirisfal is like two miles wide at most. It's not that hard. And dont get me started on Halls of Reflection: She recognized him.

We're mostly just giving you a hard time. We know the cinematic is supposed to be mostly metaphorical for her internal conflict. But it's very "bad genre show magical realism." Its indicative of a subpar writer who's not as clever as he thinks he is. I bet he's already planned a 4 year story arc to repair the damage he did to Elune's character.
    I admit it, I was behind writing this shit. I thought that if Potato Sylvanas was blatant enough Steve would give the greenlit to shelve this whole bullshit and reverse course to classic Sylvanas and once that is true I could advance to my master plan of throwing every copy of BTS into the woodchipper.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-12-12 at 11:51 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Banshee Silvanas learned about Uther after her death. She obviously researched everything about Arthas, destroying him was her life goal at that point.

Uther specifically talks to the past frozen part of Silvanas soul as this is the part that cannot accept the other part. Why would Banshee who remembers herself before death will have issues accepting her own past?

Big new cinematic
    Pages of us talking about how badly they might have fucked up the character in it

Truly the peak of Danuser’s writing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Big new cinematic
    Pages of us talking about how badly they might have fucked up the character in it

Truly the peak of Danuser’s writing
    No its just peak MMO-champion. Derangement is powerful.

Warrior-Magi

Yes, any further discussion with certain individuals is futile at this point. I've come to terms with that and just wait for new stuff to speculate rather than this constant bitching about how *bad* the storytelling is. If people want to wear themselves out on it, to each their own I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I dont even participate in this sort of discussion generally, but I don't think it's derangement. It's an IP everyone here derives a lot of enjoyment from, people grew up on it, and to see it, in their view, being tarnished by its current writing... Its natural people are going to have discourse over it. Some people like it, a lot of people don't, that produces discussion, that's not "derangement". Show some respect, mister 42,865 posts. They are obsessed, you're obsessed, and I was obsessed too, and I've moved onto other obsessions.
    What does my post count have to do with anything and no its not being tarnished, people are overreacting to anything Danuser is related to. Its derangement and no this goes far beyond "passion and thats not even an excuse.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-12-12 at 04:02 PM.

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    because you're obsessed with warcraft, and so are they. I didn't say it's being tarnished, they say its being tarnished and as obsessed people who are invested in this IP, it's not derangement to express disdain for what is in their view bad writing.

Participate in the discussion instead of attacking people, if you cant participate because you cant debate why it's good, then its probably not good.
    Ye, I would refrain from calling other "obsessed", simply based on their post count they accumulated over 11y. You are not helping the discussion either with these baseless "diagnoses".
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of obsessed people here in this way or another, alright. If you want to rate last cinematic, use actual arguments, "look, last 20 pages shit on this" is no argument at all.

Nah peak mmo-champ is arguing about why the shadowlands leaked picture of bolvar was obviously fake because of the low res and obvious photo shop

Or

Figuring out if a leaker is legit or not based on his guesses about BfA patches

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, I would refrain from calling other "obsessed", simply based on their post count they accumulated over 11y. You are not helping the discussion either with these baseless "diagnoses".
    Pretty sure the poster they quoted started the armchair psychology by calling people who disagree with them as "deranged". But sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the poster they quoted started the armchair psychology by calling people who disagree with them as "deranged". But sure.
    No I was saying people have Danuser derangement. The crazy reactions to ANYTHING danuser has a hand in. So no that is not correct, its not arm chair psychology. I wouldn't psychology or anything. Its just an fancy way of explaining the crazy reactions to some dude's hand in the story.

I also wasn't accusing everyone here of it either. Danuser is just another piñata to attack like Ghostcrawler and Metzen before him. Its really not about "People disagreeing with me" I don't care enough to even feel that. But if people want actual discussion, keep the histrionics out of it.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-12-12 at 05:27 PM.

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    "He started it" is a kindergarten lvl excuse.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

No I was saying people have Danuser derangement. The crazy reactions to ANYTHING danuser has a hand in. So no that is not correct, its not arm chair psychology. I wouldn't psychology or anything. Its just an fancy way of explaining the crazy reactions to some dude's hand in the story.

I also wasn't accusing everyone here of it either. Danuser is just another piñata to attack like Ghostcrawler and Metzen before him. Its really not about "People disagreeing with me" You can make it about that but it really isn't.
    Is it derangement to say
    The dude’s writing for this character is bad enough to spark a multiple page debate about whether or not the character has experienced another retcon to justify a convoluted story?

Or is it just people calling a shit writer a shit writer
    Spends multiple expansions serving
    “I will never serve!!!”
    Thanos says everything will serve
    “His goal isn’t power or domination”
    The eternal ones aren’t a pantheon like the titans are
    “Each cosmic force has a pantheon”
    Multiple cutscenes showing Sylvanas doubting her actions that are falling in line with what arthas did only to literally do the same thing

Or my favorite
    Sylvanas is a character that cares deeply about her people and we will explain her complicated character via books and the game over 2017-now
    “She’s been helping the jailer since icc and she was behind the wrathgate”

The jailer is super manipulative and cunning
    “I will reshape the universe. I not we.”

Sylvanas cares about nathanos so much
    “It’s been ages since I’ve seen him…oh well he’s probably chilling out in Azeroth not being hunted and definitely not dead because the jailer would have told me because we are buddies”

Now we get the whole thing about how it was Sylvanas who did all these terrible things but can we really blame her because she was like Uther. Though not blaming her opens the door for people to not blame Arthas for anything he did until he put on the helmet meaning he’s chill with all that destruction and killing, in fact the blood elves should just get over him destroying the sunwell

- - - Updated - - -

Side note for 10.0 speculation

Outside of mounts there seems to be a trend of things in game getting touched up that end up in a future expansion that blizz calls passion projects for the employees

We had Kara cobwebs disappear
    We had Uther’s tomb get redone
    I think there’s been others but my memory is shit
    Has anything been done recently??

Currently with the cat and Phoenix mounts I’m wondering about a high elf expansion especially with the sunwell and the last set of whispers from that stone

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Now we get the whole thing about how it was Sylvanas who did all these terrible things but can we really blame her because she was like Uther. Though not blaming her opens the door for people to not blame Arthas for anything he did until he put on the helmet meaning he’s chill with all that destruction and killing, in fact the blood elves should just get over him destroying the sunwell
    One last time: the whole cinematic is just there to show that everybody whose soul was shattered by Frostmourne is still absolutely guilty of anything they did past the shattering. Is this so hard to grasp or where comes this "redemption" nonsense from? Arthas is guilty, Sylvanas is guilty. Only thing to show is what will the punishment be? Will she stay in SL eternally searching for Nathanos, will she sacrifice herself (obvs. not in the jailer fight) or will there be some kind of trial back on Azeroth? Either way she won't get out of this.
    Last edited by ExiHext; 2021-12-12 at 05:09 PM.