Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Maybe it's because she became annoying?
    How exactly? Is it because she wants to kill the person who torched her homeland? Damn. So annoying isn't it? How dare she get angry. She should let Sylvanas burn the entire world.

5+ Year Old Account
    For me sylvanas ark gonna end ilidan like or bolvar i mean she will be "busy" somewhere but she gonna be alive

Elune is associated with the moon... Probably a patch or xpac that we go to the moon

I mean, the finale of the Necrolord/Venthyr campaign kind of makes it unlikely that we will get a Maldraxxus raid.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, the finale of the Necrolord/Venthyr campaign kind of makes it unlikely that we will get a Maldraxxus raid.
    And you know, 3 dungeons with Maldraxxus theme. But I think Kel'Thuzad will be either raid boss or have his own dungeon.

3+ Year Old Account
    I guess both Classic and SL will have the same raid lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I would argue it makes it more likely. Not in the sense that we get a raid set in Maldraxxus using almost exclusively Maldraxus assets like what we got for Revendreth and Nathria, but a raid dealing with Kel'thuzad, featuring undeads, abominations, plague doctors and general Scourge themes is definitely a very real possibility.
    It makes sense from the perspective of giving each covenant a raid to mark the "end" of their initial campaign, it makes sense as WotLK nostalgia baiting, and it makes sense for where the story is right now.

Eventually we will likely get a raid to deal with the rest of the Ardenweald stuff, specifically the Heart of the Forest and the Drust and possibly Helya, and then finally there is a raid that will feature Arthas in some capacity, which therefore would be the "capstone" so to speak of the Kyrian campaign, specifically Uther.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    And you know, 3 dungeons with Maldraxxus theme. But I think Kel'Thuzad will be either raid boss or have his own dungeon.
    Honestly this is why they should do it in 9.1 and get most of the Maldraxxus elements out of the way fairly early, leaves more room for 9.2 and 9.3 to focus more intently on potential Drust sidestories and the inevitable return of Arthas and the big deal that will end up being.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would argue it makes it more likely. Not in the sense that we get a raid set in Maldraxxus using almost exclusively Maldraxus assets like what we got for Revendreth and Nathria, but a raid dealing with Kel'thuzad, featuring undeads, abominations, plague doctors and general Scourge themes is definitely a very real possibility.
    It makes sense from the perspective of giving each covenant a raid to mark the "end" of their initial campaign, it makes sense as WotLK nostalgia baiting, and it makes sense for where the story is right now.

Eventually we will likely get a raid to deal with the rest of the Ardenweald stuff, specifically the Heart of the Forest and the Drust and possibly Helya, and then finally there is a raid that will feature Arthas in some capacity, which therefore would be the "capstone" so to speak of the Kyrian campaign, specifically Uther.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly this is why they should do it in 9.1 and get most of the Maldraxxus elements out of the way fairly early, leaves more room for 9.2 and 9.3 to focus more intently on potential Drust sidestories and the inevitable return of Arthas and the big deal that will end up being.
    I think a Kel'thuzad raid for 9.1 is very likely too, but eh we could always be surprised. I look forward to Arthas showing up though, and I hope they don't fuck this up...

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I think a Kel'thuzad raid for 9.1 is very likely too, but eh we could always be surprised. I look forward to Arthas showing up though, and I hope they don't fuck this up...
    If there is Kel'Thuzad there should be Arthas and Anub'arak too!

I just wanna point out we killed 0 big bad enemies in 9.0 Outside of the forsworn and the drust commander

The fact KT is still alive and Uther is doing his thing means we have a chance of seeing an arthas story.

The drust is still a thing and the sister line of the winter queen will be expanded on

We will get more covenant campaign and thus more soulbinds and more covenant stuff

We will eventually assault the maw where it seems at least 4 big bands will be
    1. Helya
    2. KT
    3. Sylvanas
    4. Terragrue

Likely we will have a raid in torghast where we free the rune carver revealing his identity as the primus. The same time we will find out more about venari

The oribos raid will probably be 9.2

After chatting about it in another thread, I think 10.0 is likely going to be:

- 10-60 EK/Kalimdor v3 zones and revamps with Light/Void plot hooks respectively as well as more earthly threats (quillboar, ogres, scourge, etc).
    - 60-70 Dragon Isles zones: used similarly to Cata's new zones, placed around the map. Likely flying islands. Could include Hiji, Tel'abim, Zul'dare, Plunder Isle.
    - Alliance/Horde teamup mode of some kind. Language barrier knocked down when in this mode and can quest/raid/dungeon together. Box feature.
    - new capital cities for Night Elves (Hyjal?) and Forsaken (Stratholme?)
    - updated capitals including Exodar and SMC
    - MAYBE Housing of some kind? Maybe.
    Overall: "Cataclysm 2" with a revamp, Dragons and Void just like Cata 1, but also the Light!

Plot: Nozdormu finally gets corrupted, likely by Xal'atath and/or the dagger containing N'zoth's essence. He turns into Murozond and, using time powers, allows for Yrel and the Lightbound to invade Azeroth. Turalyon sides with them in big tweest for Alliance Drama (foreshadowed by evil Lothraxion hints and crown of light whisper). Meanwhile Azshara and the elementals attack Kalimdor because reasons, maybe she wants Dire Maul back? Gotta get to 60 and help the dragons regain their powers to fight them off!

Lots of updated old world models in the files, and gradual buildup of almost all old mobs, buildings and creatures getting redone. It all points to a revamp of some sort and this time it makes sense that they prepared for it for years because Cata 1 wrecked them with the bad planning.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-12-15 at 07:37 PM.

Possible Options

Light vs Void:

Sanity vs Insanity:

Underused Black Empire art assets:

Could, potentially, encompass K'aresh (Ethereals):

Or, a Light plane/Crystallized World (Lightbound):

Dragon Isles (Cataclysm 2.0)

"First in information. Have you heard of the Dragon Isles? Few have, and fewer have been there.

We have not found others of the master's kin... forthcoming in information."

Black Dragonflight:

Ragnaros:

"Anvil-Thane Thurgaden says: This is grave news, <name>. Grimstone and his fanatics workin' tae bring Ragnaros back... Thought he'd know better."

Bronze Dragonflight (hard to match the color palettes but, you get the idea):

Void:

Titan Homeworld

It's been remarked that Oribos and Bastion have titan aesthetics. Is it likely that we'll see some familiar titans pop up?
    Shadowlands delves deeper into the cosmology chart. We've explored some sections in past expansions--like Argus (Disorder) and Emerald Dream (Life). We've mostly seen Titans through their Azeroth expressions, but we haven't gotten to a proper Titan homeworld.

If there is Kel'Thuzad there should be Arthas and Anub'arak too!
    Calling it now, Arthas will be a regular dungeon boss.
    Dungeon releases before you unlock the rest of your covenant campaign that explains how we found him and we why are killing him.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    When do you expect 9.1 reveal? I know first thought is "Blizzcon", but check calendar - it would mean 2 months radio silence from last wow news (world first race).

I wouldn't put any money for reveal before Christmas, but 8.1 was revealed even before world first Ghuun. Although situation was different, bfa season 1 launch was disaster and Blizz was desperate to give some good news.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect we'll get the 9.1 reveal at Blizzcon, but I'm not confident in that prediction. Really, the release date chosen for Shadowlands makes picking a 9.1 date really tricky. To go with their usual patch setup, they'll likely want late Feb to early March for release, making a Blizzcon announcement super late. If Blizz opts for a Blizzcon announcement, one has to think that the patch would need at least a month or two of testing, which puts the release probably closer to late March or early April...not ideal. But announcing the patch before Blizzcon puts Blizz in the weird situation of needing something for WoW to talk about at Blizzcon. Releasing info on 9.2 before 9.1 is even out feels like a quick way to kill interest before the new content is even released. Plus, given the amount of fixes & balance still being done, there's a decent chance 9.1 will be delayed from their initial schedule.

As for what I suspect in 9.x patches and 10.0:
    - 9.1: Megadungeon in Ardenweald to deal with the Night Warrior/Drust
    - 9.2: Sylvanas raid in the Maw/Torghast to prevent her from freeing the Jailer (which we obviously fail at).
    - 9.3: The Sepulchur revealed as a hidden core area of the Shadowlands (not just the spot in Maldraxxus). We fight the Jailer in a raid for Azeroth's soul. Perhaps we win and save her, or perhaps the Jailer gets one last shot and leads us to...

10.0: Azeroth with a dying world soul, the chaos that Murozond envisioned. We work with the Infinite Dragonflight to change the course of time in order to try and save Azeroth.

My 10.0 theory; I still believe it is possible that we have not really killed N’Zoth in 8.3, and that his kill was not reality. He needed us to think we killed him, so we wouldn’t be superstitious about anything that was coming. Azeroth is corrupted, however not as portrayed in the visions of Stormwind and Orgrimmar, but much more subtle. N’Zoth has claimed all minds, but is far too weak to fully claim the world soul. So he uses the players to free souls linked to Y’sjaarj, Yogg-Saron and C’Thun in the Maw. When these souls escape the maw, they will revive the old gods. What we see in Shadowlands is reality, we’re just doing the hard work for N’Zoth/Void Lords. Sylvanas might be aware of this, hence why she needs to claim Anduin. She is trying to break him from N’Zoths corruption, and use the light to ‘wake’ everyone up.

Or totally something else.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I suspect we'll get the 9.1 reveal at Blizzcon, but I'm not confident in that prediction. Really, the release date chosen for Shadowlands makes picking a 9.1 date really tricky. To go with their usual patch setup, they'll likely want late Feb to early March for release, making a Blizzcon announcement super late. If Blizz opts for a Blizzcon announcement, one has to think that the patch would need at least a month or two of testing, which puts the release probably closer to late March or early April...not ideal. But announcing the patch before Blizzcon puts Blizz in the weird situation of needing something for WoW to talk about at Blizzcon. Releasing info on 9.2 before 9.1 is even out feels like a quick way to kill interest before the new content is even released. Plus, given the amount of fixes & balance still being done, there's a decent chance 9.1 will be delayed from their initial schedule.

As for what I suspect in 9.x patches and 10.0:
    - 9.1: Megadungeon in Ardenweald to deal with the Night Warrior/Drust
    - 9.2: Sylvanas raid in the Maw/Torghast to prevent her from freeing the Jailer (which we obviously fail at).
    - 9.3: The Sepulchur revealed as a hidden core area of the Shadowlands (not just the spot in Maldraxxus). We fight the Jailer in a raid for Azeroth's soul. Perhaps we win and save her, or perhaps the Jailer gets one last shot and leads us to...

10.0: Azeroth with a dying world soul, the chaos that Murozond envisioned. We work with the Infinite Dragonflight to change the course of time in order to try and save Azeroth.
    I figure it won’t launch before renown can be capped

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I figure it won’t launch before renown can be capped
    Could come before. The last few rows are just cosmetic rewards and a few scattered soulbind upgrades. If Blizzard wants they could totally add more questlines in the Renown weeks where players gets nothing.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's because she became annoying?
    So when you become annoying for some you need to die ?
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, I still think we should either make new thread or rename this one. I see many speculations for 10.0 and I was hoping we will have something like patch speculations for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    But announcing the patch before Blizzcon puts Blizz in the weird situation of needing something for WoW to talk about at Blizzcon. Releasing info on 9.2 before 9.1 is even out feels like a quick way to kill interest before the new content is even released.
    Soo, it would be exactly as annoucing patches for Legion (it was after 7.1 launch, but before Nighthold release) and BfA. I haven't see any comments "who cares about Guldan, we will kill Kil'jaeden in 6+ months".

It could work for revealing expansion before patch if current is super boring (for sure didn't work for Antorus), but not really for patches.