Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Surprised to see so many people have moved away from the Revamp idea. I guess people are being realistic for once. I don't know, I hope they take a small concept and execute on it perfectly with content and a good release plan.

Obviously I would've preferred Azeroth Revamp but it would have had to be paralell developed at the same time as Shadowlands to be a likely candidate.
    People are just tired of talking about the same thing for too long/are mindbroken by Shadowlands and no content.

Shadowlands being a planned (yes it was planned, the signs were there at launch) small expansion = all the proof you need for a huge expansion being developed at the same time. Unless the next expansion has a ton of human houses on the dragon isles it is overwhelmingly likely a world revamp to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    What made the Gnome and Goblin team unique was that they were using abilities from Heroes of the Storm. Every other team was using variations of existing class abilities, or made up abilities entirely. In addition, I'm pretty sure all of their abilities had level requirements and level stat progression. Something very weird for NPC characters to have, considering that there is no class to attach any of those abilities to.
    It is hilarious how you just make up absolute bullshit under the assumption that it must be true.

n addition, I'm pretty sure all of their abilities had level requirements and level stat progression.
    You say this shit constantly but never provide any source to indicate that it's true, or that the other abilities don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    A yearly cycle, like in Hearthstone and ESO.
    2016 would have been the time to switch to a yearly cycle. When FFXIV is still on a two year cycle & it's blowing ESO out of the water in profitability, emulating that doesn't make any sense. Also in what universe is Hearthstone on a yearly cycle? They have that "year of" thing, but really, it's still a 2 year cycle: Expansions are standard-legal for 2 years. Otherwise they release new content on a 13 week rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by uzira View Post
    The devs can come up with a complete new class right? It doesnt have to already exist in the lore…
    Sure, but there are so many classes that already exist in the lore, make up a completely new one and making feel like it fits in the setting is a lot more work. Plus, lately the developers seem absolutely overwhelmed with just balancing the 12 classes we already have: That's the biggest argument against adding new classes. But I personally think the game needs an anti-parse DPS class. Like the Dancer in ffxiv: A DPS that is never on top of the dps chart but gives the party a real material advantage.

Can we please stop engaging with Teriz and Varodoc?

Literally any time any of those two post, the thread just turns into the worst cesspool ever, and the bar isn't high for this thread anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It is hilarious how you just make up absolute bullshit under the assumption that it must be true.
    Okay, but again neither of those abilities had level requirements like the G&G teams did, and those abilities were restricted to one character. The Tinker abilities were throughout both teams.

You say this shit constantly but never provide any source to indicate that it's true, or that the other abilities don't.
    I checked both of those abilities and neither one of them did. You can find it under changelog for patch 8.1-8.3 on Wowhead.

Not how many sources you can pull from. But, how much lore exists on this particular class. Answer: none. There isn't a wikipedia dedicated for it because you made it up in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Can we please stop engaging with Teriz and Varodoc?

Literally any time any of those two post, the thread just turns into the worst cesspool ever, and the bar isn't high for this thread anyway.
    * Varx, not Varodoc.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-12-27 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Not how many sources you can pull from. But, how much lore exists on this particular class. Answer: none. There isn't a wikipedia dedicated for it because you made it up in your mind.

Sounds suspiciously familiar.
    Do you operate an entire array of accounts now?

Love the way you talk to yourself

Oh, the absurdity...

And it goes on...

I wonder how much time it takes you to switch between all of them.

* Varx, not Varodoc.
    Lol can a mod or someone tell this dude me and teriz aren't the same person. Lmao

Okay, but again neither of those abilities had level requirements like the G&G teams did, and those abilities were restricted to one character. The Tinker abilities were throughout both teams.

I checked both of those abilities and neither one of them did. You can find it under changelog for patch 8.1-8.3 on Wowhead.
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=134214/r...lain#abilities

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=133733/m...lani#abilities

Please, just stop. At this point it is only embarrassing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    * Varx, not Varodoc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Lol can a mod or someone tell this dude me and teriz aren't the same person. Lmao
    Yo, him and teriz aren't the same person.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

comment deleted in fear of mod retaliation.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-12-27 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    /random abilities
    Just to clarify, I was talking about Taz'ingo and Twin Cleave. With the abilities you posted here, I'm pretty sure none of those are HotS abilities. In fact, Voidbolt is a Priest ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Sure, but there are so many classes that already exist in the lore, make up a completely new one and making feel like it fits in the setting is a lot more work. Plus, lately the developers seem absolutely overwhelmed with just balancing the 12 classes we already have: That's the biggest argument against adding new classes. But I personally think the game needs an anti-parse DPS class. Like the Dancer in ffxiv: A DPS that is never on top of the dps chart but gives the party a real material advantage.
    Wouldn't such a class violate Blizzard's philosophy of "Bring the Player, not the class"? While an interesting idea, a buff class that gives groups an advantage would force raids to take them every time.

Just to clarify, I was talking about Taz'ingo and Twin Cleave. With the abilities you posted here, I'm pretty sure none of those are HotS abilities. In fact, Voidbolt is a Priest ability.
    I get that you are goal-post shifting because you are concerningly desperate to preserve your obsessed narrative, but even you have to realize how absolutely sad, "T-they're unique because they're the only team that has abilities based on HotS that also have level requirements, even though there are other teams that have HotS spells and NPC abilities having a level requirement is a normal and not at all unusual thing" comes across. Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that you are goal-post shifting because you are concerningly desperate to preserve your obsessed narrative, but even you have to realize how absolutely sad, "T-they're unique because they're the only team that has abilities based on HotS that also have level requirements, even though there are other teams that have HotS spells and NPC abilities having a level requirement is a normal and not at all unusual thing" comes across. Right?
    Where's the goal shift? Can you link me to another Island expedition team that is using HotS abilities with level requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by KeeperOfTheGarden View Post
    Another crazy idea - nobody asked for - that I wanna share with you :

Elite classes. These are not Hero classes, they are hybrid classes that are not available to everyone.

To play an Elite class, you need to own at least two specific max-level classes already.

Examples :

To make a Battle Mage, you need one max-level warrior and one max-level mage.

To make a Priestess of the Moon, you need one max-level warrior (or hunter) and one max-level priest (or druid).

To make a Dark Ranger, you need one max-level hunter (or rogue) and one max-level death knight.

To make a Shadow Hunter, you need one max-level hunter (or rogue) and one max-level shaman (or priest or warlock).

Of course, those Elite classes will be available to some races only.

Those Elite classes will need achieving special quests, too.
    Guild Wars have done it, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    That isnt a real problem, because is just a self-made problem by Blizzard that is too stupid to cuck themself with the "bbbbut we need to make a new class related to the content"
    I'd agree that it isn't a real problem, though i disagree with your reasoning. It's not a real problem because this entire discussion is completely between members of the community, and Blizzard doesn't actually have anything to do with it. Whether or not we'll see a new class and what it may be is completely unrelated. If they want to do a specific class, they can find a way to work in the lore.

Saved me tons of time gj

Where's the goal shift? Can you link me to another Island expedition team that is using HotS abilities with level requirements?
    The goalpost moved from "Oh, the Goblin team is the only one that uses HOTS abilities" to "Oh, the abilities have scaling (which they don't) and are the only ones that require a level" to "Oh, well, they are the only HOTS abilities that require a level", like that even means anything to begin with.

What, do you think they'll just use the exact same abilities of the mobs lmao? Do you think the DK Heroclass Death and Decay is the exact same as the one from Vanilla Naxx lmao?

You are just trying to find some random patterns to cling on to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The goalpost moved from "Oh, the Goblin team is the only one that uses HOTS abilities"

to "Oh, the abilities have scaling (which they don't) and are the only ones that require a level" to "Oh, well, they are the only HOTS abilities that require a level", like that even means anything to begin with.
    Well they did have scaling. In BFA you could adjust the levels of the ability and the damage would increase or decrease. As for why HotS abilities are meaningful; HotS abilities tend to wind up in classes. Now I will admit that I missed the Troll berserker, but those abilities are pretty much altered Hunter abilities. Survival Hunters for example have a version of Twin Cleave where they throw twin glaives instead of axes for example. The last major addition from HotS was Withering Fire and Wailing Arrow from Sylvanas. Both of those abilities wound up in the Hunter class. There really isn't any class equivalent for the Tinker abilities found in the Expedition teams.

What, do you think they'll just use the exact same abilities of the mobs lmao? Do you think the DK Heroclass Death and Decay is the exact same as the one from Vanilla Naxx lmao?
    I would assume that they would use restyled class or mob abilities like they did for the vast majority of the expedition teams. Pulling in an entire HotS kit for an expedition team when there's scores of tech abilities you could use instead is rather odd to say the least. Further, giving the entire team abilities with level requirements is another odd thing to do.

You are just trying to find some random patterns to cling on to.
    Except it isn't a pattern, it's a weird occurrence that could be considered a tease for future content.

Well they did have scaling. In BFA you could adjust the levels of the ability and the damage would increase or decrease. As for why HotS abilities are meaningful; HotS abilities tend to wind up in classes. Now I will admit that I missed the Troll berserker, but those abilities are pretty much altered Hunter abilities. Survival Hunters for example have a version of Twin Cleave where they throw twin glaives instead of axes for example. The last major addition from HotS was Withering Fire and Wailing Arrow from Sylvanas. Both of those abilities wound up in the Hunter class. There really isn't any class equivalent for the Tinker abilities found in the Expedition teams.

I would assume that they would use restyled class or mob abilities like they did for the vast majority of the expedition teams. Pulling in an entire HotS kit for an expedition team when there's scores of tech abilities you could use instead is rather odd to say the least. Further, giving the entire team abilities with level requirements is another odd thing to do.

Except it isn't a pattern, it's a weird occurrence that could be considered a tease for future content.
    Why would they think of new abilities when they can just take abilities from HotS? Also, those abilities are not the only ones with a level requirement, quite a lot have them.