Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Hence why the Covenant mechanic will be copy-pasted for Light and Void, so that you can choose whoever you want and be done with it, you shouldn't be forced into one side or the other. And everyone knows Blizzard likes recycling systems, see Artifacts and the Necklace, see AP, Azerite, Renown.
    Aww yeah, Light-sided Void Elves and Void-aligned Lightforged Draenei, here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Ehhhh

Idk how Light would be the main enemy, unless they plan on making the Void Lords and the Light conflict a 2 parter.
    We've have a few tastes of it, from X'era trying to force her choice on Illidan to what was going on in AU-Draenor with Yrel post WoD.

Zealous, convert-or-die.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Aww yeah, Light-sided Void Elves and Void-aligned Lightforged Draenei, here we come!
    Kyrian Void elves are basically Light-sided Void elves anyway

And Yeah you can say "but the kyrians are technically not affiliated with Light but with Death!", but let's be real that's irrelevant. Kyrians literally come with angelic light wings, which Void elves can wear.

Also you know that Shadow Priest LF Draenei are playable right?
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-04-16 at 07:14 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account

And Yeah you can say "but the kyrians are technically not affiliated with Light but with Death!", but let's be real that's irrelevant. Kyrians literally come with angelic light wings, which Void elves can wear.
    Anima isn't Light.
    The Kyrians being based on classical angels doesn't suddenly make them a faction of Light wielders.

Which is purely a gameplay related issue, as they can't just make class specs unavailable for certain races.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-04-16 at 07:24 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Good point about the kyrian actually.

And yeah I know, I have one! I like playing contrary things like that (another reason I want Draenei Warlocks at some point).

But the idea of Light/Void covenants and more contrasting stuff makes me laugh and I want it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ehhhh
    Idk how Light would be the main enemy
    Army of Light lands on Azeroth, claim they good, we quickly realize they bad, our disobedience starts holy crusade, they go ahead and start slaughtering and forcefully converting people to the Light.

There you go.
    Base of the plot, just fill in the rest.

Raid 1 could be us invading one of their big bases.
    Raid 2 or 3 could be set in a known location, maybe Silvermoon/Stormwind, something scarlet related.
    Raid 4 ends the expansion with us killing our way through one of their HQs in high heaven and get some cool biblical imagery.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Good point about the kyrian actually.

And yeah I know, I have one! I like playing contrary things like that (another reason I want Draenei Warlocks at some point).

But the idea of Light/Void covenants and more contrasting stuff makes me laugh and I want it.
    Your desires shall be satisfied, since Blizzard likes recycling expansion systems they most likely will recycle the Covenant system too, or maybe alter it in some way, and apply it to the Light and Void.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I'd rather have a consistent theme throughout the expansion.
    We can have a little void focus as a treat, but keep it Light oriented.
    Yeah I don’t want another awful BfA again where there’s no clear focus.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Anima isn't Light.
    The Kyrians being based on classical angels doesn't suddenly make them a faction of Light wielders.
    They're not based on classical angels at all. N'zoth would probably be closer to that. Classical angels are just plain weird, wings full of eyes, wheels with eyes, you get the idea.

Though everything they do is in-game classified as arcane school and none of it looks like Light in any way. Magic wise, it's probably all Necromancy since they're beings of Death.

LvV could also end up with a more intense version of Covenants (possibly sans abilities), with them somewhat overshadowing the classic factions. E.g. PvP is LvV too. No way we could stand a chance in that conflict without picking a side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah I don’t want another awful BfA again where there’s no clear focus.
    Well, Light and Void are a bit different since they can afford to actually have one side do better or worse. Part of the issue with BfA was that it was clear that conflict won't ever go anywhere.

Guardian of the First Ones testing going on early. Really dig the "proto" feel of the boss model.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Or, 10.0: Light is the main foe, with Void on the sidelines.

10.1: Light slowly goes to Shadow.

Then 10.2 to 10.3: Void is the main foe.
    I'm honestly hoping Med'an returns for the inevitable light/void expansion. He's still canon according to blizzard, and I'm sure he will be received much much better by the fans, after we had to go through something like BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'm honestly hoping Med'an returns for the inevitable light/void expansion. He's still canon according to blizzard, and I'm sure he will be received much much better by the fans, after we had to go through something like BFA.
    Dude's a 404 error in Chronicle. At MOST, he'll be some side character. It's CLEAR as day that the "OP CHOSEN ONE" role's been given the Players, however. And, honest to god, our feats in the canon makes Me'dan's comic feats look like total dogshit.

It's CLEAR as day that the "OP CHOSEN ONE" role's been given the Players, however. And, honest to god, our feats in the canon makes Me'dan's comic feats look like total dogshit.
    Yeah, at this point they've done stuff way beyond Med'an, I could see them including him just because of how much they've jumped the shark beyond him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Yeah, at this point they've done stuff way beyond Med'an, I could see them including him just because of how much they've jumped the shark beyond him.
    Until we go beyond "non-toxic masculinity" to "ritual of sharing", I don't think we've ever exceeded Med'an levels of "nope".

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Until we go beyond "non-toxic masculinity" to "ritual of sharing", I don't think we've ever exceeded Med'an levels of "nope".
    Med'an seems hardly offensive compared to how bad BFA was, and especially with the power boost they gave Sylvanas and Jaina, plus PC characters killing titans and stuff, I don't see how anyone playing WoW would think a side character slightly depowered version of Med'an would be the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    We fought a Titan after meeting the Titan Pantheon, participated in Sargeras' imprisonment in a way, smacked KJ, Azshara, Archimonde, and co with borrowed power. We're buddy buddy with Azeroth herself, we dismantled N'Zoth using a Necklace Titan Kamehameha, and now we're battling against Warcraft's Satan himself...

We surpassed Me'dan LONG...LOOOONNNNGGGG ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They're not based on classical angels at all. N'zoth would probably be closer to that. Classical angels are just plain weird, wings full of eyes, wheels with eyes, you get the idea.
    When i say classical angels i don't mean the biblical descriptions of them, but the Renaissance/Medieval Era art portraying them as humans with wings.
    Which are the most widespread depictions of them.

In the bible they are essentially cosmic horror entities.

Formerly known as Arafal

That raid looks like Icecrown Citadel and Torghast had a baby.

I‘m still convinced the final raid will take us back to Azeroth and Icecrown Citadel. So there’s that.
    So... to iterate on my previous post: what if Torghast and Icecrown Citadel are basically the same thing, just in two different realities. Like Icecrown Citadel is the mirror image of Torghast in Azeroth. Which eventually means the Jailer is ascending at the end of Sanctum of Domination towards the Icecrown Citadel, breaking into Azeroth.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

When i say classical angels i don't mean the biblical descriptions of them, but the Renaissance/Medieval Era art portraying them as humans with wings.
    Which are the most widespread depictions of them.

In the bible they are essentially cosmic horror entities.
    Well, yes, but that makes them effectively the modern/popculture version since it is still the current most common one. Classical suggests an older version, and there's not much left beyond the cosmic horrors.

- - - Updated - - -

So... to iterate on my previous post: what if Torghast and Icecrown Citadel are basically the same thing, just in two different realities. Like Icecrown Citadel is the mirror image of Torghast in Azeroth. Which eventually means the Jailer is ascending at the end of Sanctum of Domination towards the Icecrown Citadel, breaking into Azeroth.
    We already know he's moving towards the Seat of the Arbiter, though. He's ascending in the literal sense, not metaphorical. Not sure why he would currently move towards Azeroth, either, when his goal is the Arbiter's key.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, yes, but that makes them effectively the modern/popculture version since it is still the current most common one. Classical suggests an older version, and there's not much left beyond the cosmic horrors.

- - - Updated - - -

We already know he's moving towards the Seat of the Arbiter, though. He's ascending in the literal sense, not metaphorical. Not sure why he would currently move towards Azeroth, either, when his goal is the Arbiter's key.
    his goal is to find what the first ones hid
    the arbiter is a tool to that end
    he sent out the dreadlords to manipulate sargeras into creating the lich king which would have ended up with the jailer having a puppet on azeroth however
    nerzhul had no body
    arthas resisted
    bolvar resisted

the jailer couldnt directly find azeroth until he got all his ducks in a row

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    his goal is to find what the first ones hid
    the arbiter is a tool to that end
    he sent out the dreadlords to manipulate sargeras into creating the lich king which would have ended up with the jailer having a puppet on azeroth however
    nerzhul had no body
    arthas resisted
    bolvar resisted

the jailer couldnt directly find azeroth until he got all his ducks in a row
    While that may all be, it isn't happening in the Raid and thus not relevant to the topic at hand. It's also just wild speculation that Azeroth has anything to do with the matter beyond just being where the Lich Kings ended up. It was the Legion, specificially Sargeras and his two top lieutenants, that send Ner'zhul to Azeroth specificially, not the Jailer. For all we know, the latter may not have cared where they end up, just that they do somewhere in the mortal realm.