Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yeah because people LOVED how they introduced vampires and furries out of nowhere when in previous expansion the Shadowlands were literally just a Void/shadowy forest/ghostly version of Azeroth, let's repeat a formula that worked so well

Dragon Isles might not be the most original idea ever but at least the zones there would all make sense with the lore, wouldn't require retcon, and "pockets" of them were already seen around Wyrmrest Temple. Realm of the black dragons = charred landscape, the life dragons = red forest, green dragons = night forest, blue dragons = magic forest, and bronze dragons = desert.
    What's wrong with vampires and fauns? Would you have prefered if it was just a grey filter?

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    What's wrong with vampires and fauns? Would you have prefered if it was just a grey filter?
    I would have preferred if this expansion was somewhere else.

I redid the aforementioned Jailer redesign. Does this better communicate the Nathrezim themes without being as colorful?

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Oh and Voljin is turning into a wild god.
    I'll be shocked if Vol'Jin isn't the new Loa of Kings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post

I genuinely think Turalyon going genocide mode will literally erode the entire interest in the expansion immediately.
    Turalyon will only burn Thunderbluff is Light is major focus of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I'll be shocked if Vol'Jin isn't the new Loa of Kings.

- - - Updated - - -

Turalyon will only burn Thunderbluff is Light is major focus of the expansion.
    But actually it is only the "evil side" of Turalyon that would do that.

Since Death splits souls in half, I don't see why the Light can't potentially do the same thing (the Light already replicated the process of creating undead).

Which means for example that the Yrel we saw in WoD/BfA and this hypothetical "evil Turalyon" would just be the Lightforged psycho-side of the souls Their "real self" was sent into the Light or some shit like that when they were Lightforged.

After all why stop at Death when it comes to these "split souls", they got a quick and easy plot device that they can reuse any time they want to asspull a redemption for someone. Just say they had their soul split by one of the Cosmic powers.

But actually it is only the "evil side" of Turalyon that would do that.

Since Death splits souls in half, I don't see why the Light can't potentially do the same thing (the Light already replicated the process of creating undead).

Which means for example that the Yrel we saw in WoD/BfA and this hypothetical "evil Turalyon" would just be the Lightforged psycho-side of the souls Their "real self" was sent into the Light or some shit like that when they were Lightforged.

After all why stop at Death when it comes to these "split souls", they got a quick and easy plot device that they can reuse any time they want to asspull a redemption for someone. Just say they had their soul split by one of the Cosmic powers.
    I think you appear to be misunderstanding the context, or how the "split soul" thing works. Uther literally spells it out for us—it's just a way of altering your framework. It's stupid, but people misunderstand it dramatically and that leads to mistakes.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post

I redid the aforementioned Jailer redesign. Does this better communicate the Nathrezim themes without being as colorful?
    I like it.

Dragon Isles might not be the most original idea ever but at least the zones there would all make sense with the lore, wouldn't require retcon, and "pockets" of them were already seen around Wyrmrest Temple. Realm of the black dragons = charred landscape, the life dragons = red forest, green dragons = night forest, blue dragons = magical blue forest/Cosmic landscape, and bronze dragons = desert.
    Isn't it kinda boring repeating that again?

I would have preferred if this expansion was somewhere else.
    Like where?

Like where?
    Northrend is a strong option for an alternate Shadowlands.
    You can have essentially all the same story beats, just without undermining the concept of death or contradicting previous info on the Shadowlands.

The concept of Ardenweald could be tied to the Emerald dream. Maybe we see Forsworn, but never Kyrians, meaning we don't end up with questions on how it's supposed to actually work in regards to Oribos. Maldraxxus is essentially pointless in regards to the overall story, and Revendreth is only interesting because of the Dreadlords.

Nothing in the actual Shadowlands except Torghast is actually required to tell the overall story of the Shadowlands. If the aesthetics of the Shadowlands is needed to tell the story then you could have the Shadowlands invade us rather than the other way around.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Yeah, that color scheme fits a lot better. Red and dark grey is in general a color scheme the game doesn't use much, but it's a good one. Adamant Vaults is also the best looking of the Torghast subzones since its palette is less dry.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

[IMG]

I'd say desaturate it a bit. But overall, i've always preferred this general design over Blandvaal. This feels a lot more like the central and first being of the shadowlands. It's not like his powers are purely physical, either. If anything, he's so far almost exclusively resorted to magic.

IMO, they should have switched the Primus' and Zovaal's designs. Being in their physical prime appearance wise makes far more sense for a military leader than somebody whose design was for judging souls.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'd say desaturate it a bit. But overall, i've always preferred this general design over Blandvaal. This feels a lot more like the central and first being of the shadowlands. It's not like his powers are purely physical, either. If anything, he's so far almost exclusively resorted to magic.

IMO, they should have switched the Primus' and Zovaal's designs. Being in their physical prime appearance wise makes far more sense for a military leader than somebody whose design was for judging souls.
    Primus design is genius IMO, for being so close to the classic necromancer design and being the inverse of what you said: you don't need to be muscles to be a military leader.

Zovaal is muscley mostly to make it a surprise when its revealed he's really the Arbiter, which didn't work because it happened too late when nobody cared anymore/was obvious to begin with.

Also, Zovaal being Nathrezim themed is counterintuitive when Denathrius is supposed to be "apex Nathrezim" in every way save for the wings. Nathrezim are supposed to go beyond Zovaal despite them working for him.

There's actually some room for cool lore with "was Zovaal Arbiter scary looking like he is now, was "Obleron" the old place where souls flowed through, what was Shadowlands like pre-Mecha Arbiter" but they'll never address it because people have checked out and will shit themself if they introduce anything not Azeroth at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Northrend is a strong option for an alternate Shadowlands.
    Two different places.

Two different places.
    Northrend and the Shadowlands are close enough in “connected areas” concept to the Emerald Dream and the Lifelands, though the ED was created out of Lifelands magic and is in its own pocket dimension.

Considering the implications of Yogg and the Nerubians (and the Vrykul worshipping Death), it can be inferred that Zovaal has been influencing Northrend for a very long time. Even if he didn’t create it.

EDIT: And is very possible that Elune/other Life gods similarly messed with the ED, though i’m not sure if that part of its lore 100%
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2022-01-03 at 03:24 PM.

Northrend and the Shadowlands are close enough in “connected areas” concept to the Emerald Dream and the Lifelands, though the ED was created out of Lifelands magic and is in its own pocket dimension.
    Not a single frost-covered zone in the Shadowlands.

Are we expecting anything today?

Not a single frost-covered zone in the Shadowlands.
    Ice is not the magic power of Northrend, Death is. Arthas just made Frost part of his death knight powers.

Ice is not the magic power of Northrend, Death is. Arthas just made Frost part of his death knight powers.
    Arthas made nothing. It was the Lich King, or Ner'zhul, at that time.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Are we expecting anything today?
    No, very likely nothing this week outside of potential Council Retail Dev Responses.

Very likely if we get a February Release we would get the release date earlier in January.

New Build will come later this week with perhaps some big tease.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-01-03 at 04:11 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Like where?
    Don't act like Shadowlands was the only natural outcome plz because most people here genuinely believed 9.0 was going to be about Evil Bolvar with revamped Northrend as the questing continent.

If anything Shadowlands was the wild option as an entire questing continent, since it was always, and exclusively, featured either as a ghostly wasteland or a shadowy wasteland, and thus was likely to get the Argus treatment.