Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    If we are genuinely just waiting for a Cinematic that is "The Beam" then yeah, I don't know what they are doing.

Obviously the clock is ticking down until Q4 and getting us into the Alpha phases quicker is a priority in that sense. (Unless Bobby has mercy, but I doubt he wants to let go off a Q4 MW2 + WoW Expansion. Especially with Q1-Q2-Q3 being completely dead for his company)

I hope they take a small concept and don't do Revamp with the little production time they have.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-01-04 at 03:47 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    If we are genuinely just waiting for a Cinematic that is "The Beam" then yeah, I don't know what they are doing.

Obviously the clock is ticking down until Q4 and getting us into the Alpha phases quicker is a priority in that sense. (Unless Bobby has mercy, but I doubt he wants to let go off a Q4 MW2 + WoW Expansion. Especially with Q1-Q2-Q3 being completely dead for his company)

I hope they take a small concept and don't do Revamp with the little production time they have.
    The next expansion is already well into development. Abandoning it completely would be beyond risky unless we are talking about a WoD/Legion where two expansion are developed concurrently and they can switch from one to the other, which in itself is making the assumption that SL and whatever 10.0 is wasn't designed that way already.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

How many times do you have to hear that Revamp has been worked on since WoD with the character models? If it it exists it wasn't rushed out in two years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The next expansion is already well into development. Abandoning it completely would be beyond risky unless we are talking about a WoD/Legion where two expansion are developed concurrently and they can switch from one to the other, which in itself is making the assumption that SL and whatever 10.0 is wasn't designed that way already.
    SL being developed as a small expansion from the start (patch number wise) implies they made it small on purpose. So, WoD and Legion again.

1+ Year Old Account
    There's no salvation here, it is time to bring in the Preorder Bonuses and get millions to preorder via hype. There's no reason to believe that they don't have a deadline till Q4.

It is pretty obvious they made the same assessment as WoD early on.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    How many times do you have to hear that Revamp has been worked on since WoD with the character models? If it it exists it wasn't rushed out in two years.
    Uhh, okay. Asset creation is very different from everything else that consists of an expansion. Everything else from Features to Content could be rushed.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

What would be genius is if somehow the revamp is ready mid-year and that is the preorder bonus: you can play around in the new 1-60 experience if you prepurchase, with the max level content being gated behind release. People would be buying new expac and playing WoW all year with technically no expac release.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    <Our Guy> Towelliee already said 10.0 will be sweet, better trust him. My bet is new class, revamp for old world, 4-5 new zones like it was done in Cata and no systems. Let's go.
    I doubt streamers have inside knowledge.
    Maybe raiders like Method and such but streamers? Are they testing something for Blizz?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I doubt streamers have inside knowledge.
    Maybe raiders like Method and such but streamers? Are they testing something for Blizz?
    The thing is... the dude's livelihood is 100% dependent on the popularity of WoW. Popularity is dependent on perception. What he says is going to shape that perception. Insider knowledge or not, he's going to talk the game up, especially during such an uncertain time. As such, nothing he says is credible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    The thing is... the dude's livelihood is 100% dependent on the popularity of WoW. Popularity is dependent on perception. What he says is going to shape that perception. Insider knowledge or not, he's going to talk the game up, especially during such an uncertain time. As such, nothing he says is credible.
    An he still holds such an influence here. One tweet and we got several pages of discussion each time.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    It's hilarious that defenders criticize Bellular and Preach for just being in the money when opining on WoW, when that kind of argument applies more strongly to that guy.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's hilarious that defenders criticize Bellular and Preach for just being in the money when opining on WoW, when that kind of argument applies more strongly to that guy.
    Do any of the three have actual jobs and livelihoods that wouldn't crumble into fine dust if their favorite videogames disappeared over night?

1+ Year Old Account
    Do any of the three have actual jobs and livelihoods that wouldn't crumble into fine dust if their favorite videogames disappeared over night?
    Preach has become a consultant for the Video Game industry and is moving into a larger office and is hounded with sponsorships. His Twitch Channel is also doing better than ever.

Bellular runs 3 Additional Channels w/ Clips from their Weekly Warcraft Podcast + Video Game Industry News + Gaming Channel (Currently unofficially a FFXIV channel but will dwelve into other games) and the Game Studios first game is up on Steam and coming in 2022. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1266030/The_Pale_Beyond/

Towel is Towel and will continue to do Towel things for the foreseeable future whether that is playing new MMOs or playing WoW.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-01-04 at 05:31 PM.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    An he still holds such an influence here. One tweet and we got several pages of discussion each time.
    And living in some of our heads rent free.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Alright, serious legit question here. No troll. What, exactly, has Towelliee been 100% right about - in particularity? Has he ever leaked a particular thing that has turned out to be right, or has it always been vague BS?

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Dragons have been teased a lot. Wrathion is looking for the dragon isles, there suddenly are black dragons on island expeditions(with one chromatic dragon), Sinestra and the twilight dragons are still out there, the infinite dragonflight appeared back in bfa, Nozdormu has yet to become murozond, and the new void dragons. No idea if chromatus is actually ever mentioned in game but the jailer appeared out of nowhere too.
    considering that the final old god has been killed (if the entirety of shadowlands isn't just a nightmare created by N'Zoth, ofc), there's a lot of potential for the twilight dragonflight. kinda like the undead, they are probably universally feared and hated. with the end of the old god influence on them, they might want to become friendly to the rest of the world, only to find that it's not reciprocated.
    Alexstrasza in the Dragon Soul said that the attacking twilight drakes are 'my clutch no longer', and are to be killed. she might think the same to this day, as they represent the enemy she was created to fight against. not only that, some of the twilights were born after her continued rape in Grim Batol, so she could have some strong feelings about their existence.
    rejected and bitter illegitimate children and a traumatized mother, who can't let go of prejudices - i can imagine them writing something like that, especially with this obsession with healing, acceptance, reconciliation etc

7+ Year Old Account
    Alright, serious legit question here. No troll. What, exactly, has Towelliee been 100% right about - in particularity? Has he ever leaked a particular thing that has turned out to be right, or has it always been vague BS?
    Ooof, you just opened another can of worms.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ooof, you just opened another can of worms.
    How so? I just wanna know if the guy can actually be trusted or not.

How so? I just wanna know if the guy can actually be trusted or not.
    He was right about something on here in the past year or so (maybe SL release?), I distinctly remember that.

1+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, the only thing I Remember is one thing that I don't remember and then him being the first to talk about the Ripcord having been pulled and 9.1.5 being good and a few days later it was pulled and blue post galore about 9.1.5.

Nihil.

He was right about something on here in the past year or so (maybe SL release?), I distinctly remember that.
    He has been correct at some things, but not enough to make it undisputable that he actually has insider knowledge, especially when you consider the many times he has been wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, the only thing I Remember is one thing that I don't remember and then him being the first to talk about the Ripcord having been pulled and 9.1.5 being good and a few days later it was pulled and blue post galore about 9.1.5.
    I faintly remember his reveal regarding 9.1.5 was that it would have things players wanted, which is technically true, but also a completely empty argument.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    considering that the final old god has been killed (if the entirety of shadowlands isn't just a nightmare created by N'Zoth, ofc)
    Xal is still alive.