1. #17121
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    And 80% of Outlands was new and different from Warcraft III. And TBC didn't even had good lore, on top of that most of it had to be retconned with Legion - still people love TBC. Taking something that exists and expanding on it and showing new stuff never was a problem with WoW - you just dislike Shadowlands lmao.
    Outland was still a place we had visisted before, where we encountered people we knew to be there, not to mention it was literally the first expansion.
    And yes, I dislike Shadowlands for not keeping a firm enough grasp on my attention, and for having a plot that feels completely out of nowhere.
    I like some of the collectibles, and I did enjoy myself playing Necrolord and seeing the story, but I don't feel that connection to the open world the way I did in BfA or Legion.
    Some of this is almost definitely because of the severe content drought which happened through no fault of the developers, but even with that I was never convinced the Shadowlands would really work as a full expansion, and while the cosmetics are a nice distraction they cannot really hide how little I actually care, which was something BfA didnt manage until the final patch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  2. #17122
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why not all 4 together?
    Because Xalatath can serve the exact same purpose and is hinted at at being an old god. Nzoth is dead and not needed to bring back Black Empire stuff which I agree that they will do, to an extent.

  3. #17123
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Well then yeah, but the idea of “it was all a dream Nzoth won SL isn’t canon” is only a troll and midwit take a this point and people are going to genuinely say it until the game ends.
    I can't believe we've forgotten so quickly the BfA-era "it was all a dream Xavius won BfA isn't canon" fiasco.

  4. #17124
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Wonder how they react to latest Square Enix CEO letter. :v
    They're too busy buying the latest store-exclusive outfit to worry about Square Enix banking their entire empire on NFTs and cryptocurrency.

  5. #17125
    Haven't been keeping up on this thread but we should be within a month of an expansion announcement, no? Shadowlands was announced on November 1st, 2019 while the Ny'alotha patch was released on January 14th, 2020.

  6. #17126
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Factician View Post
    Haven't been keeping up on this thread but we should be within a month of an expansion announcement, no? Shadowlands was announced on November 1st, 2019 while the Ny'alotha patch was released on January 14th, 2020.
    It is very likely to be announced in February. Blizzcon Online was cancelled but they said they still have videos to reveal upcoming content, and 9.2 drops either late January or in February, so 10.0 announcement shortly afterwards checks out. (Or, as you say, it could happen before the patch drops, though I think they have more confidence in this patch than they did the N'zoth one)

    It's more likely than a video on OW2 or D4 in February as those games are not coming out in 2022.

  7. #17127
    For the 100th time, revealing expansion now without Blizzcon and so close to 9.2 release would be really dumb idea. No event in horizon changes everything, now they can actually release previous patch before annoucing next one.

  8. #17128
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    For the 100th time, revealing expansion now without Blizzcon and so close to 9.2 release would be really dumb idea. No event in horizon changes everything, now they can actually release previous patch before annoucing next one.
    Many many people have no faith in Shadowlands regardless of what releases and they have basically no announced games releasing in 2022, not announcing the next expansion is a horrible idea. 10.0 announce will bring more people to the game, not make them ignore 9.2.

  9. #17129
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Many many people have no faith in Shadowlands regardless of what releases and they have basically no announced games releasing in 2022, not announcing the next expansion is a horrible idea. 10.0 announce will bring more people to the game, not make them ignore 9.2.
    Sure, 10.0 reveal would bring hyped people to check current game... and see same old 9.1 content. If anything you gave another argument to reveal expac after 9.2 will launch xD. Best catalyst for subs would be revealing 10.0 around world first kill - game will have peak interest on twitch (beside expac launch) and 9.2 will already have initial hotfixes, so SL will be more or less complete.

    Of course we assume they are ready to announce expac early '22 at all, which isn't a given. There is always Wrath Classic if they feel desperate.

  10. #17130
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Sure, 10.0 reveal would bring hyped people to check current game... and see same old 9.1 content. If anything you gave another argument to reveal expac after 9.2 will launch xD. Best catalyst for subs would be revealing 10.0 around world first kill - game will have peak interest on twitch (beside expac launch) and 9.2 will already have initial hotfixes, so SL will be more or less complete.

    Of course we assume they are ready to announce expac early '22 at all, which isn't a given. There is always Wrath Classic if they feel desperate.
    They'll probably announce it after 9.2's release and no I don't mean the next day >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  11. #17131
    https://www.twitch.tv/towelliee/clip...e=7d&sort=time

    Oh shit guys he says it so it must be true. Vaping gives him insight.

  12. #17132
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/towelliee/clip...e=7d&sort=time

    Oh shit guys he says it so it must be true. Vaping gives him insight.
    "10.0 could rival Legion as the best expansion of the last decade..."

    Cataclysm release date: 2010

    Mists fans sweating rn

  13. #17133
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    "10.0 could rival Legion as the best expansion of the last decade..."

    Cataclysm release date: 2010

    Mists fans sweating rn
    I'm not. I would love if it was good but this dude is also paid to play the game, basically.

  14. #17134
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I'm not. I would love if it was good but this dude is also paid to play the game, basically.
    As much as it sucks, Towellie is like the only personality/streamer these days Blizz actively leaks info to so that he can spread it. So if he's drumming up 10.0 it's not too far away.

  15. #17135
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Factician View Post
    Haven't been keeping up on this thread but we should be within a month of an expansion announcement, no? Shadowlands was announced on November 1st, 2019 while the Ny'alotha patch was released on January 14th, 2020.
    they're not going to announce it until raid has been cleared by a handful of guilds imo. so like sometime in march.

  16. #17136
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    "10.0 could rival Legion as the best expansion of the last decade..."

    Cataclysm release date: 2010

    Mists fans sweating rn
    There really isn't much competition in a decade of expansions is there? Took them long enough to figure out what to do (if he is right that is)

  17. #17137
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    19,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post


    I redid the aforementioned Jailer redesign. Does this better communicate the Nathrezim themes without being as colorful?
    It looks a lot better, but id make all the chains dark silver, or maybe even slightly red or rust tinted. Although it makes more sense for him to be black and blue as those are more deathy colors, the red looks nice.

  18. #17138
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/towelliee/clip...e=7d&sort=time

    Oh shit guys he says it so it must be true. Vaping gives him insight.
    This kind of stuff doesn't hype me up, and that's because it's just a guess. I mean, Legion was great for a plethora of reasons, lore build-up for many years, probably the most content-rich expansion, nostalgia towards many iconic things such as artifacts, class campaigns, and characters, alongside heavy moments everywhere.

    The only way I could see 10.0 getting anywhere closer to that is by Revamping the World, which is a monumental job, remaking Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms graphically and lore-wise, with a huge focus on the world, the playable races, and the minor threats, bringing nostalgic bits from Vanilla/Classic.

    Dragon Isles expansion at best will be another Mists of Pandaria, and that's because there are way too many missing pieces for it to beat Legion success.
    Azeroth must be remastered!

  19. #17139
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Dragon isles would also fit more into the fact that expansion storyarchs usually skip one expansion to be resolved. Which would make 10.0 more likely finishing the open storylines on azeroth (dragons, talanji, Voljin, forsaken, Xal'atath, Azshara for example).
    How are any of those unresolved?
    • Dragons lost their immortality. Making them normies. This is not a problem.
    • Talanji? What about her. She's consistently imcompetent as leaser as all the other faction leaders. She's bound to Bwonsamdi but so are a lot of people. And shadowlands copped out of making him evil: A non story.
    • Vol'jin will be a loa. That's pretty much resolved.
    • The Forsaken don't have a leader because they don't want one. Otherwise they have Calia. Many WoW plotlines have been dropped with even less closure than this.
    • Xal'atath, Azshara & Denathrius are like Dr. Claw or Team Rocket. Them saying "Ill get you next time" & disappearing through a portal is not a cliffhanger. It's just a one-dimensional villain leaving the door open for their return. They have no story currently unresolved.

    An unresolved plotline would be:
    • Alleria's pre-occupation with the Sunwell since she ripped open a void vortex makes it clear she's not thinking clearly. If she asks her husband, current leader of the alliance, to attack the Sunwell he will absolutely do it.

  20. #17140
    Over 9000! Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,025
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    In all honesty I do threads like that to gauge MMOCs thoughts on stuff, which is at least somewhat more accurate than 4chan which hates Blizzard more than here (but doesn’t secretly like it like here). Was pleasantly surprised to see people actually are arguing against the OP because on 4chan and Resetera Blizzard is D E A D.
    Funny to see 4chan and Resetera agreeing on something.

    The political spectrum truly is a horseshoe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •