1. #17501
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Alleria is definitely not a 5 man boss
    She’s a scenario boss that took about 3 minutes




    I’m ready for dragons and magic instead of “here’s super devil’s plan that was planned around our plan that we planned around mega devil’s plan”

    We have some story about the elemental lords from the BfA expeditions and we even saw the expedition storylines become a thing in 8.3 with the klaxxi

    Idk about old gods but we definitely have enough for dragons to stand on their own and not need cosmic garbage included
    That's just because the Visions of N'Zoth were explicitly designed to serve as Solo content and served as the clear basis for Torghast.

    Thrall was also a scenario boss according to you, despite the fact that when he was Warchief he needed a whole raid to be killed.

    Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers, that already solidifies her place as one of the strongest mortals on Azeroth.

    If we want to get into details, Alleria absorbed the Dark Naaru L'ura, who was already the final boss of a dungeon. Since she absorbed it and added her strength to her own, she breached into Raid threshold.

    Of course this is all pointless speculation since Alleria will never go rogue

  2. #17502
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I didn't think of the "two dungeon capitals" idea but that's clever, I like it. It also gives Azshara a reason to attack the city (she wants it back).

    I don't think they would get rid of Durotar though when it's so iconic to the Horde experience. Unless they do an extensive Barrens rework and throw the Orcs in there.
    I don't think Durotar and Elwynn would be got rid of either, they could remain the orc and human starting zones, but the plot would be different. Orcs and humans would start in Orgrimmar or Stormwind (1-5) and would have to flee the city to find shelter in the south for some reason.

  3. #17503
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    22,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    That's just because the Visions of N'Zoth were explicitly designed to serve as Solo content and served as the clear basis for Torghast.

    Thrall was also a scenario boss according to you, despite the fact that when he was Warchief he needed a whole raid to be killed.

    Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers, that already solidifies her place as one of the strongest mortals on Azeroth.

    If we want to get into details, Alleria absorbed the Dark Naaru L'ura, who was already the final boss of a dungeon. Since she absorbed it and added her strength to her own, she breached into Raid threshold.

    Of course this is all pointless speculation since Alleria will never go rogue
    Well that, and I'm not sure that the WoW userbase really wants another expansion where the main antagonist is another Windrunner sister "corrupted" by shadow magic.

  4. #17504
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Ummm no he isn't. They're connected but they aren't the same character.
    Not my damn point. Wrath Arthas and Zovaal are generic ass evil mf's, difference us that unlike Zovaal, the entirety of Arthas' story was set up in WC3...

  5. #17505
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Hardly. An insane dragon hell-bent on destroying Azeroth, just because Old Gods told him too. Zero relatability, zero redeeming qualities and probably the weakest villain in that regard. Sarg wanted to stop Void Lords, Arthas had good intentions at start, Garrosh wanted to uplift Orcs and the likes of Gul'dan/KT simply craved power. Meanwhile Derpwing wanted to wreck a planet cuz told to do so and then immediately commit sudoku. He was impressive in size and destructive force, but little else.
    He doesn't have to be relatable. Thats the thing villains don't always need to be relatable.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  6. #17506
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He doesn't have to be relatable. Thats the thing villains don't always need to be relatable.
    Yes a villain needs to be not good written character either, whats your point?

  7. #17507
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He doesn't have to be relatable. Thats the thing villains don't always need to be relatable.
    Not relatable, but understandable generally helps. Even if you would never agree with them, at least being able to understand how they arrived at their conclusions is usually a good thing.

    Deathwing was to much just "grah, me destroy" without any rhyme or reason. Wouldn't even make sense as N'zoth's plan, since N'zoth wouldn't have had much interest in dying at that time.

  8. #17508
    Quote Originally Posted by Boricha View Post
    Thinking about Tazavesh recently made me think I'd like to see an expansion that fleshes out the stories of the Ethereal cartels, and maybe the goblin ones as well. They showed us in SL that there seems to be a lot going on with them, but didn't really give us a story for them.
    Would be cool, totally unexplored setting and area. Also over the course of previous xpacs Ethereals mentioned other worlds several times.

  9. #17509
    All a villain needs is to be a fucking person. Jailer is a fucking non-entity, he might as well be an automaton because he displayed practically zero traits that thinking beings should display. He has no personality, he had no conversations with anyone (monologuing to someone is not a conversation), he hadn't expressed his opinion about anything or anyone.

    Anyway, those raid titles are funny: "Guardian of the Pattern". Might as well be "Guardian of the status quo" with how pathetic that sounds. I still hate that Shadowlands will continue to exist and won't be destroyed.

  10. #17510
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I’m ready for dragons and magic instead of “here’s super devil’s plan that was planned around our plan that we planned around mega devil’s plan”
    "When the titans created the dragon aspects they told them one day when the time has come they have to sacrifice their own immortality and one of their kind to set in motion the events to stop the ancient evil banished in the maw to strengthen the heroes of azeroth for the danger that threatens to consume death and life alike"
    - Blizzard probably

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Deathwing was to much just "grah, me destroy" without any rhyme or reason. Wouldn't even make sense as N'zoth's plan, since N'zoth wouldn't have had much interest in dying at that time.
    He's insane driven by pain and hatred and controlled by n'zoth, so destroying without rhyme or reason was kind of the point. N'zoth was never in danger. Deathwing even impaled himself after he did his job because he wasn't useful for squidward anymore.
    Its not like hes the most interesting villain by any means but he felt like a real character you could understand why he acts the way he does.
    Last edited by Foolicious; 2022-01-07 at 03:35 PM.

  11. #17511
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    N'zoth was never in danger. Deathwing even impaled himself after he did his job because he wasn't useful for squidward anymore.
    Endtimes DW is not the same as the one we shot down and which was casting Cataclysm Mk. II at the Maeltstrom. Also what made DW so pathetic was that before cataclysm he was described as mad schemer, not a mindless raging beast.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  12. #17512

  13. #17513
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Endtimes DW is not the same as the one we shot down and which was casting Cataclysm Mk. II at the Maeltstrom. Also what made DW so pathetic was that before cataclysm he was described as mad schemer, not a mindless raging beast.
    Deathwing was still a schemer in Cataclysm.

    He is the one who actually recruited Ragnaros and Al'Akir into N'Zoth's side (so he remained somewhat of a "diplomat", because he gained the allegiance of these two mighty Elemental Lords) and also schemed to put his puppet Arygos in command of the Blue Dragonflight after Malygos died, gaining the allegiance of that flight.

    He also decided to spare Stormwind instead of just destroying the city because he knew that a city full of cultists would be more beneficial than a wasteland. It is explicitly noted how Deathwing could have destroyed the entire city, yet didn't, which puzzled the civilians. It was revealed that this was so his puppet, Archbishop Benedictus, who was secretly a cultist, could recruit more people into the Twilight's Hammer (people would lose hope after seeing how powerful Deathwing is).

    So really people here are not understanding what actually happened in Cataclysm, to claim that Deathwing was just a mindless beast. He schemed and plotted a lot, it's just that in the end he was a mere pawn of N'Zoth.

    "Madness of Deathwing", the final encounter, is when Deathwing actually loses the last of his sanity, and it's understandable why this would happen. His body was blasted apart and he was almost slain. The only thing keeping him together was N'Zoth's power, N'Zoth being desperate to keep his minion alive or the Cataclysm ends. So at that point Deathwing was pretty much just a mindless puppet animated by N'Zoth's power.

    The only reason why Deathwing looked more intelligent and manipulative back in WC2 is because N'Zoth was not revealed yet at that point in time (maybe Blizzard didn't even flesh-out the concept of "Old Gods" at the time). So Deathwing looked smarter because he didn't have a master.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-01-07 at 03:48 PM.

  14. #17514
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post

    Lets put aside how lackluster these title are, the "Famed Bane of Zovaal the Jailer" indicates that the Jailer is going to survive the encounter, doesn't it? They used the same wording for Sylvanas in 9.1, if Zovaal was to die, surely they would have used "Famed Slayer of Zovaal the Jailer".
    As I recall in one of the first builds there was dialogue between the Primus and Bolvar that was datamined where they talk about how Zovaal was destroyed.

  15. #17515
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,301
    Wow.
    I don't think they could've come up with a worse title even if they tried.


    And no, it's just another unoriginal play on the 'Bane of the Fallen King' title.



  16. #17516
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    That's just because the Visions of N'Zoth were explicitly designed to serve as Solo content and served as the clear basis for Torghast.

    Thrall was also a scenario boss according to you, despite the fact that when he was Warchief he needed a whole raid to be killed.

    Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers, that already solidifies her place as one of the strongest mortals on Azeroth.

    If we want to get into details, Alleria absorbed the Dark Naaru L'ura, who was already the final boss of a dungeon. Since she absorbed it and added her strength to her own, she breached into Raid threshold.

    Of course this is all pointless speculation since Alleria will never go rogue
    Thrall is essentially a scenario boss as well yes

  17. #17517
    More importantly is the Mythic Raid title is "Guardian of the Pattern" which should worry everyone.
    "The only thing you got in this world is what you can sell. and the funny thing is that you're a game developer, and you don't know that."
    Death of a System Designer
    I do not Reply to Quotes that try to derail threads or put the onus on me.

  18. #17518
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    More importantly is the Mythic Raid title is "Guardian of the Pattern" which should worry everyone.
    Yeah, it means that you'll have to wait until at least 11.0 to get that updated Goldshire inn.

  19. #17519
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    More importantly is the Mythic Raid title is "Guardian of the Pattern" which should worry everyone.
    I don't see why its worrying, what's the reason?

    Jailer wants to destroy everything and remake it, we're trying to protect things, so therefore we're guarding the pattern, as it were.

  20. #17520
    High Overlord uzira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    More importantly is the Mythic Raid title is "Guardian of the Pattern" which should worry everyone.
    Could you explain why we should be worried?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •