1. #17721
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,538
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    To each their own but also yikes.
    Its not that bad as people put it. Thats as much as I can say.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  2. #17722
    Yep, same here. This trend on internet forums to discredit opinions that differ from ones own or to ridicule people that have a different taste is pathetic.
    I have zero problems with SL besides the fact that 9.1 lasted a little long. That doesn't make my opinion less valuable.

  3. #17723
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Because I do. I dont really feel a need to justify why I like or dislike a character in the same way I dont feel the need to justify thinking Shadowlands is a top tier expack and everyone is taking crazy pills.
    That’s a weird way of saying you concede.

  4. #17724
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yep - I think "community service" would atleast bring something for everyone compared to killing her off or telling her to stay in the Maw for all eternity.
    Ah yes.
    "You started a world war, commited genocide, helped unleash an Old god on the planet and allied yourself with the dark forces of death to conquer the universe.
    For that your punishment shall be: shoveling the horse dirt in the Old Town stables for a month"



  5. #17725
    Tyrande decides not to kill her (renewal and all), but instead make her retrieve every soul she condemned to the Maw. Of course, she will not mind, because that's where Nathanos is. She'll probably be denied to come back to Azeroth as well.

    I really can't see any other way this can go with what was revealed at this point.

  6. #17726
    I am Murloc! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    Tyrande decides not to kill her (renewal and all), but instead make her retrieve every soul she condemned to the Maw. Of course, she will not mind, because that's where Nathanos is. She'll probably be denied to come back to Azeroth as well.

    I really can't see any other way this can go with what was revealed at this point.
    No way she gets back to Azeroth. Her presence instantly nukes any peace between factions. Maaaaaaybe if she went full outcast on the journey of self discovery or some other crap.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  7. #17727
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    No way she gets back to Azeroth. Her presence instantly nukes any peace between factions. Maaaaaaybe if she went full outcast on the journey of self discovery or some other crap.
    Even that would completely ruin all peace talks. There would be no good reason given why the Alliance wouldnt constantly hunt for her, and following that why the Horde wouldnt do the same.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The ending where Sylvanas is exiled to the Maw finding lost souls makes the most sense, because at most it just requires the leaders present to accept Sylvanas isnt completely 100% dead. And even beyond that, there is no reasonable explanation for how Sylvanas would return to Azeroth anyways, so it's a proper exile where noone can get to her, and she cannot get to anyone else except those she is tasked to save.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  8. #17728
    So, the description for Prototype Pantheon got changed:

    Bereft of the cosmic spirits of the Eternal Ones, these incomplete host bodies can only carry out their base directives without mercy or compassion. With the enemy at the gates, Lihuvim has little choice but to activate these dangerous prototypes.

    Now it paints the Eternal Ones not as the robots in a literal sense, but as the souls that possess a certain vessel. These prototypes are empty and just blindly follow the orders.

  9. #17729
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    No way she gets back to Azeroth. Her presence instantly nukes any peace between factions. Maaaaaaybe if she went full outcast on the journey of self discovery or some other crap.
    She just stays in the maw for 2-3 expansions and after that we face some big bad and she comes to our aid after just having finished finding the last soul in the maw. By that point all the living will have mostly moved on and the dead know that life in the wow universe is completely pointless horseshit anyway and at most serves as a tutorial. It would essentially be illidan all over again, i know, but that is pretty much the only sensible way out of the bog danuser has written himself into.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-01-09 at 10:38 PM.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  10. #17730
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    That’s a weird way of saying you concede.
    No more like I dont feel the need to get into a pissing contest about things I enjoy or dont enjoy anymore. Especially about WoW since I think people need to learn to move on from the game if they dont like it rather than hate everything about it and let it live rent free in their head forever.

  11. #17731
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Her sisters are still in Azeroth, I think she's coming back.
    That would be a good reason for why she shouldn't come back.
    For what her sisters are concerned, she is dead to them.

    Sylvanas gets left with nothing. No subjects, no glory or praise, no family. Everyone she knows and loved either hate her or consider her a disturbing element in their life.
    Her only solace is not working beneath anyone, and getting a solid chance at spending her afterlife with Nathanos if she does her job well.

    It's probably the best ending her character could get at this point.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  12. #17732
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post


    Sometimes an image is better than words.
    Azeroth must be remastered!

  13. #17733
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Her sisters are still in Azeroth, I think she's coming back.
    Her sisters are actually in the Shadowlands for the post raid cinematics.

  14. #17734
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That would be a good reason for why she shouldn't come back.
    For what her sisters are concerned, she is dead to them.

    Sylvanas gets left with nothing. No subjects, no glory or praise, no family. Everyone she knows and loved either hate her or consider her a disturbing element in their life.
    Her only solace is not working beneath anyone, and getting a solid chance at spending her afterlife with Nathanos if she does her job well.

    It's probably the best ending her character could get at this point.
    Jesus, Moses and the old testament prophets also were socially cast out. You are practically painting Sylvanas as a messiah character.

  15. #17735
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Jesus, Moses and the old testament prophets also were socially cast out. You are practically painting Sylvanas as a messiah character.
    What about "For the Dark Lady, always" don't you understand: There was still a substantial number of her followers who are still with her despite calling the Horde nothing.

    So I'm guessing either Danuser ignores that because he loves ignoring poignant moments in the lore, or more likely that she becomes the allied race leader for the dark rangers (alliance undead night elves & horde forsaken elves)

  16. #17736
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    What about "For the Dark Lady, always" don't you understand: There was still a substantial number of her followers who are still with her despite calling the Horde nothing.

    So I'm guessing either Danuser ignores that because he loves ignoring poignant moments in the lore, or more likely that she becomes the allied race leader for the dark rangers (alliance undead night elves & horde forsaken elves)
    Haha Danuser bad! Upvoted!
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  17. #17737
    Old God Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Outside of magical intervention yeah, the moon crashing to Azeroth is an extinction level event.
    You mean like a mad Titan stabbing the planet with a flaming, huge ass sword?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That would be a good reason for why she shouldn't come back.
    For what her sisters are concerned, she is dead to them.

    Sylvanas gets left with nothing. No subjects, no glory or praise, no family. Everyone she knows and loved either hate her or consider her a disturbing element in their life.
    Her only solace is not working beneath anyone, and getting a solid chance at spending her afterlife with Nathanos if she does her job well.

    It's probably the best ending her character could get at this point.
    You are describing Paul Atreides (from Dune) after he goes missing for many years in the desert, until he returns as an old, blind prophet-like figure.

  18. #17738
    Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    So, the description for Prototype Pantheon got changed:

    Bereft of the cosmic spirits of the Eternal Ones, these incomplete host bodies can only carry out their base directives without mercy or compassion. With the enemy at the gates, Lihuvim has little choice but to activate these dangerous prototypes.

    Now it paints the Eternal Ones not as the robots in a literal sense, but as the souls that possess a certain vessel. These prototypes are empty and just blindly follow the orders.
    Not very different from the Titans...after Sargeras killed them, their spirits survived and now they are back again, I wonder, if that means we will see Zovaal again. Denathrius only needs a new body and there seem to be some potential hosts in Zereth Mortis.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post


    Sometimes an image is better than words.
    You do understand that this is made up, don't you?

  19. #17739
    I am Murloc! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    You mean like a mad Titan stabbing the planet with a flaming, huge ass sword?
    Eh no, not really. If the Moon/Azeroth size ratio is anything near Earth/Moon, then planet gets a one-shot. Sword and it's impact surface were much smaller (and it still almost killed Azeroth anyway).
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  20. #17740
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    So getting 3 cinematics for the raid? @Marlamin
    Anduin is definitely a pre-recorded (could be amplified in-engine "style" or proper cgi) cinematic as that's already a movie placeholder on PTR right now, the other ones are at the very least in-game cutscenes, I haven't looked at it any deeper yet since I haven't really done any datamining so far.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2022-01-10 at 08:05 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •