1. #1761
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Feels retconned. With Azshara for example you always knew she was behind the scenes, scheming, and you could see the effects.
    And look what they did to my girl.

  2. #1762
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    That would be rather unfortunate. They're definitely giving the foundations for a good plot with it.
    Good plot? Villain-batting Turalyon is not good plot, it's destroying a beloved, iconic, and popular Alliance hero for no reason other than forced drama.

    And you might say "But well it doesn't have to be villain-batting", it kind of has to be, Blizzard are simple writers, it's either villain-batting or Anduin-batting, there's no middle way, there's never a middle way with Blizzard. You'd think BfA would have made that clear, how many Horde players deluded themselves into thinking that Sylvanas would be "pragmatic but loving towards her people" when she ended up being a recycled Garrosh?

  3. #1763
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    And look what they did to my girl.
    Same thing for Deathwing - he was supposed to be one of the greatest men-behind-the-curtain in video games. Then... Cataclysm...

  4. #1764
    Loa of Death Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Posts
    2,505
    Mueh'zala ended up being very dissapointing too

    Another day, another Deal....

  5. #1765
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,153
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    At the end of the day, blue is blue and red is red. No manufactured drama will ever have any sort of legitimate effect on the structure of the factions, and thus, any "in-fighting" is inherently without drama as there can never be any true consequences.
    I mean, both factions loosing capital each was quite big, for Alliance side at least. Kickstarted BfA, 8.1 and some SL storylines.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    And look what they did to my girl.
    Eh, she is still alive for future stories.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-04-19 at 07:27 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  6. #1766
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, both factions loosing capital each was quite big, for Alliance side at least. Kickstarted BfA, 8.1 and some SL storylines.
    It would have been consequential if we actually lost anything. But WoW doesn't care to update the old world as the story progresses - they could have burnt all of Azeroth to a crisp, or literally destroyed the planet, with no consequences because, "Here's your new continent and hub city and don't forget to talk to time dragon lady if you want to go back for any reason!" WoW only looks forward. We have no reason to believe that the quest we did at level 20 for the Mage trainer will ever effect the current story as every expansion is essentially a clean slate with only the slightest bit of connective tissue.

  7. #1767
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,153
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    It would have been consequential if we actually lost anything. But WoW doesn't care to update the old world as the story progresses - they could have burnt all of Azeroth to a crisp, or literally destroyed the planet, with no consequences because, "Here's your new continent and hub city and don't forget to talk to time dragon lady if you want to go back for any reason!" WoW only looks forward. We have no reason to believe that the quest we did at level 20 for the Mage trainer will ever effect the current story as every expansion is essentially a clean slate with only the slightest bit of connective tissue.
    Dunno, but I saw plenty of small instances when we went back. Like that Assa Artifact quest that takes you to Darkshire. Or Kara revisit. But of course that new xpac will take us to new continent, that's how it goes in like every mmo out there. But old places keep getting revisited.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-04-19 at 07:55 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  8. #1768
    New build announcement tomorrow maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

    At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

  9. #1769
    Just like any buisness in the world - this one also suffered for the last 18months.

    WoW will go on for atleast another decade before turning into F2P(and maybe pulling off another decade as well after) - there is absolutely no tell sign of it going downhill(and no - sub numbers are misleading unless you can pull of university papers). I do believe the story will get really whacky, crazy and wierd thou.

    I think the game reached a status among veterans after so many years - it's not something that can be replaced. I truely believe that's whats killing the competetion in this genre.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2021-04-19 at 08:16 PM.

  10. #1770
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    42,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    And look what they did to my girl.
    She's alive, nothing happened to her. She's being saved for the future and thank goodness for that.



    Edit: Reading someone whining about how there's cliffhangers in patch cutscene/cinematics......like yeah its a thing its like a movie leaving room for the future >.>
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-04-19 at 11:01 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  11. #1771
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Omg xD please noooo
    I'm so done with this cheesy character.
    They really need a big cut in the story. Everything is so weirdly tied to cliff hangers between patches and built around some overarched toons. It feels like a never ending bad anime
    Im telling you it’s coming as we speak
    I can see Danuser fapping as he writes “and as Anduin held her dying body she wipes a tear from his cheek” don’t weep for me little lion” and of course gotta toss in a stolen line either there or when she fights off the jailer “as long as there is life there is hope” ya know because it’s her trigger word and they love doing shit with Dr. Who

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    This is my assumption:

    10.0 will be a Light and Shadow expansion, with Light taking the lead in the 10.0 and 10.1, and the Void taking the lead from 10.2 to 10.3. The Dragon Isles could be the backside of Azeroth, and the Siege of SW could be the new pre-patch main scenario event.

    That way, we have:

    An Undermine Dungeon involving more Azerite, a Tel'abim dungeon, Scarlet Crusade Dungeons, a World Revamp, Lordaeron and Gilneas returning as a contested world PVP/PVE area, a raid with Yrel at Shattrath where we battle and kill Lothraxion, us going to Farahlon, and a raid with the Chromatic and Infinite Dragonflight, with Chromatus being the final boss.

    10.1 could be about Sargeras and the Titans. There, we have a mini raid where we battle Sargeras and some other guys, and we essentially defeat him in combat within the Realm of Order. Illidan returns, we see Azeroth's Titan soul manifest for the first time, and we get our first clear image of the Void Lords.

    Oh, and after we beat Sargeras, he returns to the Titans (Tho with weapons and guns being pointed at him), and the beings of Fel have to make a new order. A chaos Pantheon, similar to the Chaos Gods from Warhammer 40k.

    10.2 could be about space shit such as Elune, the First Ones, the Lords of Light, and us battling the Old Gods and taking our way to the Void Lords.

    10.3 could lastly be about the Void Lords and K'aresh.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Meh, if the Jailer DID resurrect Galakrond, I'd like to imagine he'd be in the final raid, and not the Dragon Isles themselves. His Death could be the lead-in toward awakening Chromatus, however.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Because, remember, Chromatus IS in an Arcane Prison in Northrend. So, if Galakrond dies, his death could rumble and break the Arcane Prison keeping the 5 headed Tiamat
    at bay.
    I don’t see a light and void expansion happening yet but it’s a good lead up for a kinda “reboot” of the universe and we have the army of light. I’m just wondering what will happen once the dreadlords true intent is revealed.

    As for dragon isles Galakrond being resurrected would be awesome and back in legion a map file without his skeleton was datamined (could be literally nothing)

    Plus it fits the whole “big bad comes back from defeat only more powerful and the way he was defeated last time no longer exists”

    Honestly I’m more excited for high fantasy story than the technological side but as long as Azeroth is injured Azerite does have power

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    At the end of the day, blue is blue and red is red. No manufactured drama will ever have any sort of legitimate effect on the structure of the factions, and thus, any "in-fighting" is inherently without drama as there can never be any true consequences.
    Sad part is an April fools joke was a great solution to the fact people wanna play together

  12. #1772
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    How tf is this WoD 2.0?
    Because it's a different world, i guess. But that still wouldn't work since Draenor is just a less destroyed version (and this was part of the design) of a world we already knew, while the Shadowlands are a completey new realm we'd never seen before.

  13. #1773
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Im telling you it’s coming as we speak
    I can see Danuser fapping as he writes “and as Anduin held her dying body she wipes a tear from his cheek” don’t weep for me little lion” and of course gotta toss in a stolen line either there or when she fights off the jailer “as long as there is life there is hope” ya know because it’s her trigger word and they love doing shit with Dr. Who

    - - - Updated - - -



    I don’t see a light and void expansion happening yet but it’s a good lead up for a kinda “reboot” of the universe and we have the army of light. I’m just wondering what will happen once the dreadlords true intent is revealed.

    As for dragon isles Galakrond being resurrected would be awesome and back in legion a map file without his skeleton was datamined (could be literally nothing)

    Plus it fits the whole “big bad comes back from defeat only more powerful and the way he was defeated last time no longer exists”

    Honestly I’m more excited for high fantasy story than the technological side but as long as Azeroth is injured Azerite does have power

    - - - Updated - - -


    Sad part is an April fools joke was a great solution to the fact people wanna play together
    Why would we ever see a reboot? And why wouldn't we get a Light/Shadow expac? I mean, if 10.0 is just a World Revamp with some other shit, maybe? But lots of things are hinting Light/Shadow happening VERY...VERY soon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because it's a different world, i guess. But that still wouldn't work since Draenor is just a less destroyed version (and this was part of the design) of a world we already knew, while the Shadowlands are a completey new realm we'd never seen before.
    SL isn't even a world. It's, like you said, a completely different realm. It's the Cosmic Realm of Death, and has existed longer than Reality itself.

  14. #1774
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Why would we ever see a reboot? And why wouldn't we get a Light/Shadow expac? I mean, if 10.0 is just a World Revamp with some other shit, maybe? But lots of things are hinting Light/Shadow happening VERY...VERY soon.

    - - - Updated - - -



    SL isn't even a world. It's, like you said, a completely different realm. It's the Cosmic Realm of Death, and has existed longer than Reality itself.
    Because the only reason the light and void are fighting is because the dreadlords
    The only reason Sargeras was fixated on destroying the void was because dreadlords told him the void was planning this and that

    As for why it would be a reboot it’s because the clash of light and void is what created the Warcraft universe

    I haven’t seen anything about light vs shadow outside of the story of the naaru in revendreth

  15. #1775
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Because the only reason the light and void are fighting is because the dreadlords
    The only reason Sargeras was fixated on destroying the void was because dreadlords told him the void was planning this and that

    As for why it would be a reboot it’s because the clash of light and void is what created the Warcraft universe

    I haven’t seen anything about light vs shadow outside of the story of the naaru in revendreth
    I mean, they've always been eternally clashing though? Chronicle makes that clear, I thought.

  16. #1776
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I mean, they've always been eternally clashing though? Chronicle makes that clear, I thought.
    Before or after whichever retcon we are on??

    Yeah they are fighting but we aren’t involved and currently there’s no real reason for us to suddenly become involved

    Yeah we have a light forged human as king but the army of light in our time is busy taking out remnants of the legion in god knows what part of the universe

    We have a void elf but she’s under control for now

    Again the only recent mention of the light in game has been the lone naaru and nothing else but that’s not connected to the war with the void.

    On the other side we are constantly seeing something from the infinite ever since...TBC?? Like from the introduction and the dungeons to WotLK with dungeons and more then in Cata we had even more. MoP was seeing the beginning of the infinite WoD was where we stopped kairoz from becoming an infinite dragon and Legion we fought against them with chromie and they were even present for BfA on islands and had a few fun lore tidbits

    Now we are getting a joke boss that’s an infinite dragon but it shows they aren’t all about destroying time like back in Cata.

    That’s why it’s my opinion we are gonna get a dragon isles expansion over the cosmic war expansion but that’s just my biased opinion because I don’t think we as heroes should have a place in that war

  17. #1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Good plot? Villain-batting Turalyon is not good plot, it's destroying a beloved, iconic, and popular Alliance hero for no reason other than forced drama.

    And you might say "But well it doesn't have to be villain-batting", it kind of has to be, Blizzard are simple writers, it's either villain-batting or Anduin-batting, there's no middle way, there's never a middle way with Blizzard. You'd think BfA would have made that clear, how many Horde players deluded themselves into thinking that Sylvanas would be "pragmatic but loving towards her people" when she ended up being a recycled Garrosh?
    It is true that there's little to necessarily gain from it to some extent, but the thing is that the Alliance has no depth whatsoever right now. Some reminders of its more hostile tendencies could make playing Alliance more fulfilling.

  18. #1778
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It is true that there's little to necessarily gain from it to some extent, but the thing is that the Alliance has no depth whatsoever right now. Some reminders of its more hostile tendencies could make playing Alliance more fulfilling.
    Neither side has depth
    It’s a side effect from shallow stories and backtracking character development in order to fit the overall expansion story

  19. #1779
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    And look what they did to my girl.
    She will return luckily, reclaim her true prize, what ever that means.
    Please read this blizzard: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...m_source=share also what could have been possible with Nightborne--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLr5dDXn5nE

  20. #1780
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It is true that there's little to necessarily gain from it to some extent, but the thing is that the Alliance has no depth whatsoever right now. Some reminders of its more hostile tendencies could make playing Alliance more fulfilling.
    Turalyon rules with the support of the House of Nobles, Anduin has been twisted and corrupted by Satan's sorcery, chances are that once he comes back (if he comes back) he'll never be allowed to take the throne again. Especially since Stormwind absolutely despises the Undead, see the DK intro scenario. And before you tell me "but Anduin isn't an undead!", well but he's been touched by Satan's sorcery as I was saying, he's basically the same thing.

    So chances are that Turalyon will indeed be allowed to keep the throne without any sort of tension or conflict from within. Anduin will certainly abdicate, IF again he survives this whole ordeal in the Shadowlands. The Wrynns have failed, it is time for new players to lead the Alliance, and these players have already presented themselves in the form of Turalyon and Alleria.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •