Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    To be fair, the initial Shadowlands leak hit several months before the actual announcement.
    Nope, only real leak were screenshots few days before Blizzcon. What you are thinking of was totally made up bullshit that only guessed name right. Which wasn't hard, many expected some kind 'death' expansion, Scourge 2.0 on revamped Northend and Shadowlands were two most popular theories.

To be fair, the initial Shadowlands leak hit several months before the actual announcement.
    Only accurate thing that I recall was a few days before, stuff like Bastion art and Bolvar's cinematic look.

There was a metric fuckton of fake leaks before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    They didn't tell the truth with a technicality, they told the truth exactly as we see it now. The ZM cypher system is so far completely free of player power, which is indeed exactly what Blizzard said it would be.
    Blizzard never actually said ZM open world would be irrelevant to player power, players did after misunderstanding the interview about the cypher system.
    Which is why it's true on a technical level. Sure the Cypher system isn't player power, but it happens in the same zone as something VERY much player power (rep) and I wouldn't be surprised if it somehow unlocks extra sources for rep etc, making it in all but name as necessary as the actual rep grind.

If they had said Archivist's codex only had cosmetic rewards, say it didn't have anything to do with player power, but put all the power rewards in the Death's Advance rep instead their statement woulda been bull as you do basically the same activities for both, making it technically true but not practically/realistically so.

The only leak was the name

Literally every other aspect was wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Only accurate thing that I recall was a few days before, stuff like Bastion art and Bolvar's cinematic look.

There was a metric fuckton of fake leaks before that.
    Shadowlands with ghostbusters led by mekkatorque and gallywix to attack the ghost armadas in the ports after bolvar possessed by Arthas comes in and kills all our leaders to help kill nzoth in the SW raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    The only leak was the name

Literally every other aspect was wrong
    The initial leak also named Bastion as a new location, mentioned Pandaren DKs, and Bolvar working with Vol'jin among other things.

The initial leak also named Bastion as a new location, mentioned Pandaren DKs, and Bolvar working with Vol'jin among other things.
    None of that was in the original leak

It was added slowly over time remember that the dk pandas were the same time as the ghostbusters

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    So 1.14.1 hit Classic PTR and it has some new animation names:
    "LivingWorldProximityEnter",
    "FlyLivingWorldProximityEnter",
    "LivingWorldProximityLoop",
    "FlyLivingWorldProximityLoop",
    "LivingWorldProximityLeave",
    "FlyLivingWorldProximityLeave",

I usually wouldn't call these out but separate animations for entering, being in and leaving the "Living World" while both flying/non-flying... hmmm...

Very unusual animation names. Usually they're more generic. They also added a lot of "future patch" placeholder animations (not unusual) the previous few patches.

Full list of new anims (including some placeholder ones) here. Full list of anims to see these somewhat stand out here.
    This is still on my mind every now and then and was again reminded of it while reading that "leak", I believe these animations still haven't been used in 9.2 so far but are still there which might indicate them being for whatever comes next. There's also likely an encrypted emerald drake mount in the files, which might or might not have a connection to future content as well. Hmm!

This is still on my mind every now and then and was again reminded of it while reading that "leak", I believe these animations still haven't been used in 9.2 so far but are still there which might indicate them being for whatever comes next. There's also likely an encrypted emerald drake mount in the files, which might or might not have a connection to future content as well. Hmm!
    What would they even be? Some sort of enter-active-leave portal animation set?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    What would they even be? Some sort of enter-active-leave portal animation set?
    No idea, I'll have to properly dig into it to see if there's anything more to find out as this isn't giving us a lot of context. Still, the term living world might be something to keep in mind.

No idea, I'll have to properly dig into it to see if there's anything more to find out as this isn't giving us a lot of context. Still, the term living world might be something to keep in mind.
    Seems (like the Tower/Maw thing) to be the sort of thing you could make a hundred guesses at and still be nowhere close.

My completely unfounded guess: It's for some new long-term fundamental game mechanic where you can shift in and out of the living world to do quests for ghosts and lingering spirits.

Still, the term living world might be something to keep in mind.
    Lifelands confirmed!

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Nothing too crazy and while also not boring. However most correct leaks only have a few points. The part "the warlock trainer will have some people flipping out" is interesting. Who could that be?
    Wilfred Fizzlebang, master summoner!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Wilfred Fizzlebang, master summoner!
    He's dead.
    It's probably Tehd or Medivh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Seems (like the Tower/Maw thing) to be the sort of thing you could make a hundred guesses at and still be nowhere close.

My completely unfounded guess: It's for some new long-term fundamental game mechanic where you can shift in and out of the living world to do quests for ghosts and lingering spirits.
    Yep, definitely seems to be in that category of things. Not super useful on its own but still worth keeping in mind when going through "leaks".

5+ Year Old Account
    Arent shadowlands races SUPPOSED to exist in the Shadowlands???

shadowlands was never predicted in the way that everybody is talking about 'void vs light' and 'dragon isles' rn. a lot of general northrend revamp predictions, but all of the leaks were way off until the concept art leaked just before the announcement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    shadowlands was never predicted in the way that everybody is talking about 'void vs light' and 'dragon isles' rn. a lot of general northrend revamp predictions, but all of the leaks were way off until the concept art leaked just before the announcement.
    Even then nobody knew what the expansion was really about.

Everyone thought the Bastion art was a desert, and the Kyrian buildings some middle eastern themed palace.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Soul was wrong in his video like most

The soulsobreezy thing ppl are talking about was a video that was bugged (he would have known if he spent 5 minutes on Twitter talking to other testers) and he went with it until he got corrected by another creator who pointed out it was closer to 18 days

LOL GUYS IS 18 INSTEAD OF 22

18/30 days waiting for flying and paying

truly detached from reality

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'm calling it now! World of Warcraft: The Living World

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I'm calling it now! World of Warcraft: The Living World
    WoW: Azeroth

/10chars
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi