1. #17861
    Scarab Lord The-Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    4,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Stiven thinks there might be a chance

    https://twitter.com/Stiven_SRB/statu...03147587031050
    As someone who is in the games industry, (and I think someone who isnt could come to this conclusion too) that it makes little sense to develop an entirely new model (Not just a new outfit!) for two characters, one male, one female, especially when one (Pelagos) is transitionary for his later look. Not only that, but with armor compatibility, it seems almost certain that the intent is playability.

    If I had to spitball, it'll probably be a 9.2.5 release, and a pre-order bonus to get people buying the new expansion.

    I don't think it's a huge leap in logic to say Kyrian probably isn't the only one, going by the logic that this will likely be playable.
    thinly veiled high elf thread

  2. #17862
    I am Murloc! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    :Blizzard tells the community exactly how it will work.
    :Blizzard the implements it exactly like they said they would.
    :Community complains that blizzard doesn’t communicate.

    Like what more do you want them to fed ex you every line of code as it’s written? They told us months ago how it would work the problem isn’t blizzard communicating.
    I mean, it is a case of mixed messages. "No power behind grind" was the main slogan of the patch, while what Ion said in the interview was kinda obscured.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  3. #17863
    If anything obfuscation that make it seem like its a lie and not a lie is a pretty good tactic for gaslighting. So it is whatever it is, I do find it funny though.

    It does take attention away from something else which I think is always their intention.
    "The only thing you got in this world is what you can sell. and the funny thing is that you're a game developer, and you don't know that."
    Death of a System Designer
    I do not Reply to Quotes that try to derail threads or put the onus on me.

  4. #17864
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    As someone who is in the games industry, (and I think someone who isnt could come to this conclusion too) that it makes little sense to develop an entirely new model (Not just a new outfit!) for two characters, one male, one female, especially when one (Pelagos) is transitionary for his later look. Not only that, but with armor compatibility, it seems almost certain that the intent is playability.

    If I had to spitball, it'll probably be a 9.2.5 release, and a pre-order bonus to get people buying the new expansion.

    I don't think it's a huge leap in logic to say Kyrian probably isn't the only one, going by the logic that this will likely be playable.
    Thing is we don't know if they are properly rigged (doesn't look like it here) for armor, AND Pelagos and Kleia do have ONE IGC they may have wanted them to look better for. That being said, one small cutscene (before Pelagos turns into Arbiter) is kind of a silly reason to develop HD models for the two.

  5. #17865
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    19,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, it is a case of mixed messages. "No power behind grind" was the main slogan of the patch, while what Ion said in the interview was kinda obscured.
    There weren’t even mixed messages they clearly said no power beyond the cypher and then just as clearly said legendarys behind the zone rep.

    The only way to mix these things up is to be willingly obtuse.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-01-12 at 05:43 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  6. #17866
    The idea of playable afterlife races is probably worse to me than all the sylvanas shit show. It just makes so no sense at all, especially since we can reasonably assume that they went with the lamest ending for SL and we keep the status quo besides making the arbiter more ugly and getting rid of the über-space-devil.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-01-12 at 05:41 PM.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  7. #17867
    Scarab Lord The-Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    4,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidlogger View Post
    Thing is we don't know if they are properly rigged (doesn't look like it here) for armor, AND Pelagos and Kleia do have ONE IGC they may have wanted them to look better for. That being said, one small cutscene (before Pelagos turns into Arbiter) is kind of a silly reason to develop HD models for the two.
    In like three expansions poor Shandris couldn't get a model, it'd be strange to give two characters new models when they are wrapping up their involvement in the game's story, and we likely won't see either of them again outside of an odd cameo somewhere down the road.

    Blizzard rarely does anything they won't get a return on, unless its done as a passion project/game jam (Like Uthers Tomb's update), so if these two got very new and very different kyrian models akin to the difference of the old nightborne and the playable nightborne in difference, chances are the intent is playability, or some longevity in use.

    To me its just odd to make completely new take on the Kyrian in what looks like a different artstyle for just one zone.

    It's very very very different, a completely new face. That's way too much work for just giving Kleia some more expressiveness in one scene. Yet her weird feet are the only thing casting doubt on this being playable.
    Last edited by The-Shan; 2022-01-12 at 05:54 PM.
    thinly veiled high elf thread

  8. #17868
    I'd rather have Broken, Tuskarr, Taunka, [REDACTED] races instead.
    "The only thing you got in this world is what you can sell. and the funny thing is that you're a game developer, and you don't know that."
    Death of a System Designer
    I do not Reply to Quotes that try to derail threads or put the onus on me.

  9. #17869
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    If anything obfuscation that make it seem like its a lie and not a lie is a pretty good tactic for gaslighting. So it is whatever it is, I do find it funny though.

    It does take attention away from something else which I think is always their intention.
    Obfuscation? Gaslighting? Dude they said they'll do something and did exactly this thing. At this point it's pathetic that some of you just can't accept they were wrong.

    We can't shit on Blizzard for lack of communication in situations when communication is done properly. What's the point of feedback when there is same negative reaction no matter what. For Blizzard it's even more comfortable, no matter what they do, suckers will complain and play anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, it is a case of mixed messages. "No power behind grind" was the main slogan of the patch, while what Ion said in the interview was kinda obscured.
    Again, where. We were promised no infinite grinds like AP (to be honest I don't even consider Revered rep serious grind in the first place, but everyone have different opinion) on SL reveal and no power connected to Cypher system. Blizzard should give blue post: "hey guys, we are not lying to you, check this interview" or something?. I don't even know where this info that they lied came from.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-01-12 at 06:06 PM.

  10. #17870
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    In like three expansions poor Shandris couldn't get a model, it'd be strange to give two characters new models when they are wrapping up their involvement in the game's story, and we likely won't see either of them again outside of an odd cameo somewhere down the road.

    Blizzard rarely does anything they won't get a return on, unless its done as a passion project/game jam (Like Uthers Tomb's update), so if these two got very new and very different kyrian models akin to the difference of the old nightborne and the playable nightborne in difference, chances are the intent is playability, or some longevity in use.

    To me its just odd to make completely new take on the Kyrian in what looks like a different artstyle for just one zone.

    It's very very very different, a completely new face. That's way too much work for just giving Kleia some more expressiveness in one scene. Yet her weird feet are the only thing casting doubt on this being playable.
    I never noticed the different face style, you may be onto something there. Would be interesting if those models have more animations than the stock Kyrian.

  11. #17871
    Scarab Lord The-Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    4,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidlogger View Post
    I never noticed the different face style, you may be onto something there. Would be interesting if those models have more animations than the stock Kyrian.
    Her muscles look completely different in proportion too, theres just way too much detail here that could in theory be used for a race base, i dont want to say its guaranteed or 100%, but it'd be very peculiar for a studio as sharp+efficient as Blizzard with not wasting artists time to give Kleia an abnormally different Kyrian model for her bow-out.

    9.2.5 pre-order race, i'd say, maybe even 9.2.0+encrypted
    thinly veiled high elf thread

  12. #17872
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, sure. But is it sustainable? Blizz been operating on a big releases, and they pushed those to 2023. They wont die, but are not in comfortable situation.
    Yes, it is sustainable. They are in an extremely comfortable position.

  13. #17873
    Looks like they included the animation of what happens to Sylvanas after her trial.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/Portergau...34092678316032

    She jumps into the Maw and Tyrande’s owl follows her.

  14. #17874
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Lmao "die".
    It's cute that your figures stop right before the 9.1 drought, bobby kotick's shinanigans & Endwalker's release

  15. #17875
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidlogger View Post
    Looks like they included the animation of what happens to Sylvanas after her trial.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/Portergau...34092678316032

    She jumps into the Maw and Tyrande’s owl follows her.
    If she will be farming Stygia for eternity, people should be satisfied.

  16. #17876
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidlogger View Post
    Looks like they included the animation of what happens to Sylvanas after her trial.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/Portergau...34092678316032

    She jumps into the Maw and Tyrande’s owl follows her.
    Bungie jump! Heh.

    I'll take it. At least it shoves her offscreen.

  17. #17877
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    19,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    It's cute that your figures stop right before the 9.1 drought, bobby kotick's shinanigans & Endwalker's release
    The 4th quarter isn’t out yet it’s literally impossible to do a y/Y comparison with 2021.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-01-12 at 06:38 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  18. #17878
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    It's cute that your figures stop right before the 9.1 drought, bobby kotick's shinanigans & Endwalker's release
    I'd go ahead and quote this post when the next report comes out and is undoubtedly just as profitable as ever, but I get the feeling that, like with your "They aren't even using Sylvanas' voice lines in 9.2!!!!" and "Blizzard said power wasn't going to be tied to rep!!!", you'd just get embarrassed about being objectively wrong about a thing and not reply anyway, so there's not much point.

  19. #17879
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I'd rather have Broken, Tuskarr, Taunka, [REDACTED] races instead.
    Nah, players clearly want boring blue man group as an allied race instead.

  20. #17880
    I am Murloc! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Nah, players clearly want boring blue man group as an allied race instead.
    Well, I am pretty confident that they actually prefer them over a junkie Draenei, walrus man and bovine man.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •