Quote Originally Posted by WheresT View Post
    The warfront building props are gorgeous though and includes a giant night elf bridge that I don’t think is even complete in the warfront, just broken. I’m sure we’ll see this used in the future.
    Good thing Blizzconline was cancelled because the first question in response to their "we've been working on an old world revamp for 5 years" will definitely be "Is that why the last two expansions were bad?"

I'd rather see the night elves kick tauren out of Mount Hyjal and start living there again. That place is much more iconic than Teldrassil imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Good thing Blizzconline was cancelled because the first question in response to their "we've been working on an old world revamp for 5 years" will definitely be "Is that why the last two expansions were bad?"
    Blizzconline wouldn't have Q&A panel, anyway.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    How long did it take for flying in 8.2?
    nearly a week since you could farm the rares in raid and get 50 rep + fishing 25 rep + pet battles + mob farming

so i was already flying instead of waiting the mobile game research like you will in 9.2

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I seriously doubt blizzard would ever spell the class as "Tinkerer" instead of Tinker. Also seems weird for a dragon expansion. Reminds me of the old fake SL leaks saying Tinker will be a ghostbuster.
    It's all Teriz's ridiculous ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    nearly a week since you could farm the rares in raid and get 50 rep + fishing 25 rep + pet battles + mob farming

so i was already flying instead of waiting the mobile game research like you will in 9.2
    What a guy!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

My take on the Time of Day enter/loop/leave: Maybe an animation that is used during questing? Like meditating in AC:Odyssey where you see a timelapse of the day going by,
    My take on the proximity world enter/loop/leave: Animation for approanching different worlds? idk man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    World of Warcraft: Landswalker
    World of Warcraft: Possiblysomewherearoundthemiddlebutdefinetlynotanywhefenearthendyetwalker

Anyone else super hyped about how the Shadowlands story will end + the 10.0 story?

Quote Originally Posted by uzira View Post
    Anyone else super hyped about how the Shadowlands story will end + the 10.0 story?
    Me neither.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The greatest use of a life is to spend it on something that will outlast it." -- William James
    "The Oculus, but it's the whole expansion!" -- Brianna Royce, Massively OP, on Dragon Riding

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I seriously doubt blizzard would ever spell the class as "Tinkerer" instead of Tinker. Also seems weird for a dragon expansion. Reminds me of the old fake SL leaks saying Tinker will be a ghostbuster.
    There was a leak that floated around right before the announcement of Shadowlands saying that the Tinker was planned for the expansion, but was scrapped because in the end it just didn't fit the setting of the story. I found that leak interesting because Blizzard later stated that there was no new class in Shadowlands because nothing "stood out to them" the way Demon Hunters did for Legion. It should also be noted that Demon Hunters were planned in multiple expansions; They were originally planned for TBC but were passed over for new races. They were planned for WotLK, but were passed over for Death Knights. Eventually, they wound up in Legion.

Interestingly, Dragons and a technology class have been teased rather consistently since BFA, and there is lore linking Goblins to Black Dragons, so it is possible for Blizzard to bring in a technology class in the next expansion.

That said, I don't think it would be called a Tinker. I think it would be called something more general like Mechanic. "Tinker" would more than likely be a spec name, much like Brewmaster.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-01-14 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I do not know if this is the right place for my question. But since we are speculating... What do you guys have to say about the supposed WoW Complete Edition for consoles that was going to be unveiled at the Game Awards?

If 10.0 is a new beginning for WoW (and it has to be something different), it would be a good moment to release the game on consoles.

I would absolutely LOVE to play WoW on consoles, especially since I cannot play It on PC anymore since my left arm and chest hurts a lot after a few hours of gaming position
    Get yourself a controller for PC! There's an add-on that helps with key bindings and such.
    https://youtu.be/yKvIpI5V6cA

Just a random thought, the second track of the original World of Warcraft soundtrack is called The Shaping of the World.

I'm not saying the World Shaping leak is real, but it does make me sort of raise my eyebrows that we keep seeing all these references to a "remade" Azeroth. Perhaps we're just finding patterns but I still like thinking about it.

Dear god I want a revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Just a random thought, the second track of the original World of Warcraft soundtrack is called The Shaping of the World.

I'm not saying the World Shaping leak is real, but it does make me sort of raise my eyebrows that we keep seeing all these references to a "remade" Azeroth. Perhaps we're just finding patterns but I still like thinking about it.

I agree. The textures and buildings on the original continents looks pretty dated.

I'd love seeing a 'smaller' revamp, maybe a few of the real big problem areas (e.g. the tornado in westfall) fixed, but for the most part just texture/model updates, including TBC stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I'm actually a little worried that quote just means that Teldrassil will be available in the present again, exactly as it was, with "trees can regrow" as the excuse to avoid having to revamp anything.

Personally, I'm glad Teldrassil was burned down (just not the context). It never made any sense that the night elven capital was an entirely new location off the coast of their own continent. I wonder what the behind the scene decision for that was, rather than making the capital in Moonglade (where it was implied to be at one point) or Hyjal (their most iconic location at the time). As far as I know that's one bit of early development we've never gotten a postmortem for.

If I recall, hints that the night elves had moved to Nordrassil were overblown, but I still think it's a way more exciting idea than just bringing back Teldrassil. To be fair though, as long as a new Teldrassil is built to actually resemble a tree instead of the stump it was physically modeled as until its destruction, it'll be a much more interesting place.

-----------------
    The idea of Hyjal has been around for some time and were mere suggestions, but the idea is super solid still and the idea of building around that world tree and expanding down the mountain, makes for a perfect strategic location. High view from top. Build large numbers of watchtowers and connect them with slick night elf style walls and bridges. This place, Hyjal in general is a very special place and there alot of night elf connections. Malfurion, all the wild gods living there, history and ofc the big tree. They could even corporate the wardens in there since they had a small role there as well.

I mean, both Forsaken en Night elves could have there own big campaign about rebuilding and this could be spread out over the duration of several patches.

I have my own idea about Forsaken that resolves around Wpl/EPL into Stratholme. The idea here was that, the forsaken would start in WPL trying to find a suiting place to settle down. Passing several location and each explaining why it wouldn't work, passing through Andorhal, scholomance and eventually in EPL, making their way to Stratholme. Imagine whole bunch of undead marching these zones and set up several temporary settlements as they move. Stratholme should feel somewhat familar in terms of strategic and powerful location compared to Hyjal. Stratholme would need some kind of overhaul since it's weirdly connected to quel'thalas/ghostlands. From a lore point of view, it's interesting to see how characters such as Calia and Voss would react on Stratholme, especially Calia. This could be her chance at helping the dead there and learn more about her brother or what ever.

Both locations are beautiful and have rich lore, it suits them.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-01-14 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

As opposed to what....not having a home? They need to have a city of their own since they are without one since BFA.
    Why needs cities when you can just squat in Stormwind and Orgrimmar?

Quote Originally Posted by uzira View Post
    I am tbh…

I just want to fight Sargeras one day, explore the realms of Order and Disorder at their max, as the Nether seems to be but a veil or akin to the first layer of the planes of Disorder, etc. I would imagine every force has a heart workshop with something relating to the design of the Pattern, like Zereth Umbra can have lots of light and Shadow connections with tentacles, proto bugs and a proto-version of the Void Lords in a chaotic painting/flesh thingy (which would fit the different designs of Order/Light/Death having bots and structured printing engines that aid the rhythm of the first ones’ designs and the other 3 having more free designs that are based off creativity and ideals based on what the Automa should provide based off the boundless thoughts of the First Ones, which are apparently beings so crazy that their cycles of Time, Destiny, Will, Eternity, Infinity, and the laws of each force and their formed existence of everything and nothing etc are all encompassed and tiny compared to them, their thoughts alone have no beginning, and the player even realizes “oh shit, they ARE the beings that gave each force their being, and they gave a portion of themselves to make these forces provide form, even fundamentals such as Light and Shadow are encompassed by their thoughts alone, the First Ones are that crazy…

Hell I don’t even think the First Ones in of themselves have an identity, as we simply call them the First Ones cause…well…they came first and willed it all in a built design that is apparently so crazy, even when a 7th power rises like Zovaal to try and exist outside the pattern (cause, let’s face it, Domination seems to be that power, as it doesn’t follow the traditional laws of Death, and it came from the language of the First Ones), the First Ones simply narrate us to win, as that’s how it is loool

You'll get one, but it'll be gradual, it's time-gated between bi weekly or monthly releases.

A disgruntled senior level designer at Blizzard who recently resigned, and is in my guild, mentioned this during one of our raid nights last week, to myself and 2 other officers. Their identity is known to us, so we know from their Linkedin that they until recently worked on World of Warcraft.

The expansion will be unveiled in the first half of March on a YouTube Livestream. Patch 9.2 is set to release at the end of February. 9.2 has multiple cinematics. The final one will be available in week 2 with The Jailer. The expansion is revealed 2 days later, the following Thursday.

Expansion name: Rise of the Aspects

New continent: The Dragon Isles
    - 5 zones thematic to the different aspects. Main story in each zone are their return to power.
    - One zone is fully dedicated to end-game content, ala Suramar. This is the zone thematic to the Black Dragonflight. Wrathion is a central character here. This is also the location of Deathwing’s Corruption which the story will dive into. The first raid is located in this zone, a massive Old God Temple, ala Stormsong Valley, but larger. N'Zoth did not die and is in "the background".

New PvE System: Lairs - procedurally generated cavern lairs that will feature a variety of different bosses to fight. There are powers similar to Torghast. It was explained as a “boss-rush mode”. There are very few packs of normal mobs. The core gameplay is heavily focused on boss fights. The system has a Challenge Mode style for cosmetics rewards - think Mage Tower, but several bosses and unique powers.

New Class: Tinkerer, Mail class, 2 specs, Ranged DPS with Turrets and other gimmicks. Mechasuit for Tanking.

Keypoints:
    • Level cap increased to 70.
    • All Timewalking zones becomes 1-60. Shadowlands is added to Chromie.
    • Partial Old-World Revamp. Notable zones that are overhauled include Tanaris and Twillight Highlands. These will have content related to max level and players will visit them briefly during questing. The Infinite Dragonflight has a major presence in Tanaris. Gadgetzan is updated, it is larger quest hub, but not as portrayed in Hearthstone. The Cultists are once again a major player in Twillight Highlands.
    • Other zones such as Elwynn Forest, Durotar, Westfall, Duskwood remains the same but with improved graphics. Many of the old buildings have been updated to modern graphics. This includes Stormwind and Orgrimmar.
    • Cross-faction end-game gameplay. Raiding, Dungeons, PvP, and other end-game content can be done in groups of both factions. Cannot be cross-faction grouped in Warmode. Opposing faction cities are still hostile.
    • Major professions overhaul - large focus, multiple new developers recruited specifically for this.

Conclusion of Shadowlands (9.2.5 and Pre-Patch):
    - Using the Forge of the First Ones, the Jailer successfully drains Azeroth, severely injuring the planet. The wounds that were sealed have reemerged and Azeroth is on the brink of dying - again.
    - After Zovaal the Jailer has been defeated, The First Ones (3) appear in the cinematic, resetting Zovaal to his original, deactivated form. He is not dead, and will return in the future.
    - There will be an epilogue in the form of 9.2.5 featuring a short questline centered around Tyrande “forgiving” Sylvanas, and Sylvanas looking for Nathanos. The patch will also include minor quality of life additions and Timewalking for BFA dungeons (incl. M+), and the Battle for D’azalor raid.
    - Anduin is “saved”, but will not be himself. As the heroes of Azeroth return, the Stormwind Nobles are skeptical of their King, instead giving their loyalty to Turalyon. Anduin will feel defeated and depressed about everything he did during his domination and will not fight it. Genn Greymane and Matthias Shaw is acting on Anduin’s behalf to restore him to the throne. Tension in the Alliance is growing.
    - The Scarlet Crusade is significantly growing in power in the background, Turalyon plays a big part in this.

This is all I managed to get notes for - everything was happening quickly, and we were not warned that they were going to spill the beans. Believe it if you will, the reveal is just 2 months away.
    Another one! Thoughts?
    IMO it seems too much 'could be true' to be true.
    Last edited by micwini; 2022-01-14 at 02:40 PM.