Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Zovaal had a Heart of Azeroth clone other than that. No not really. We're still in the same waiting for release date phase for a long while now and then waiting for the post-Zovaal Cinematic environment.
    Thank you for the update. Nice weekend for y'all!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I mean, both Forsaken en Night elves could have there own big campaign about rebuilding and this could be spread out over the duration of several patches.
    According to this cutscene Lordaeron has already been rebuilt. So the "new race bios" on the official website aren't even up to date to the end of BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    According to this cutscene Lordaeron has already been rebuilt. So the "new race bios" on the official website aren't even up to date to the end of BFA.
    Its conflicting to say the least.. the book says something else entirely.. nothing happened.

Anyway, it was just my own view on it.. i dont care so much, I will wait and see how they ruin it.
    Please read this blizzard: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...m_source=share also what could have been possible with Nightborne--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLr5dDXn5nE

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Why should Teldrassil be fixed? Why are night elves entitled to a big fat tree?
    It'd be an easy way to get rid of probably the biggest reason a 1-60 revamp is required.

Then just scrub off Undercity and boom, status quo reclaimed.

- - - Updated - - -

World of Warcraft: Landswalker
    Can't wait for the inevitable "The whole thing is just a big ripoff of Endwlker" leak.

Sadly, knowing Blizz, it'll probably be the most accurate one too.
    The future Blizzard wants is not the past we loved.

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It'd be an easy way to get rid of probably the biggest reason a 1-60 revamp is required.
    The 9.0 1-50 revamp was pretty much the only thing people were universally positive about. Unless you mean the zones themselves, I'd bet on it only being a new azeroth for 60-70 players. The Devs regarded the cataclysm revamp as necessary but definitely hurt Cataclysm's endgame development.

Wait I just rewatched this and I really can't find anything that says that Lordaeron city has been rebuilt, am I missing something? Or are you talking about the Tirisfal Glades as a whole? AFAIK, the eastern part including Deathkneel and Calson State was never damaged in the alliance siege or by the blight, so they have remained forsaken holdings all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its not that bad as people put it. Thats as much as I can say.
    It had potential, just lacked content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Seems pretty unlikely. Any theoretical revamp will involve a bunch of racial zones and it doesn't make much sense to not go ahead and throw a 1-5/10 questline in there. That is, you're still going to have Elwynn, Durotar, Mulgore, Gilneas*, Dun Morogh, etc. and those zones are very well suited to dealing with minor threats and providing a hand to the associated race, which makes them perfect zones for a low level character to get a sense of who that group is.

At the point where you're already designing that sort of minor-threat quest zone with heavy racial identity, why wouldn't you just go ahead and start a race there?

The problem with implementing new full-fledged races was that it involves making entirely new zones with that 10-20 levels of questing, but the situation here is that you have a bunch of races who already have those zones that need to be populated with quests anyway.
    They could turn those zones into like 8-15 zones or something. Retune Exiles to be 1-8.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    As someone who is in the games industry, (and I think someone who isnt could come to this conclusion too) that it makes little sense to develop an entirely new model (Not just a new outfit!) for two characters, one male, one female, especially when one (Pelagos) is transitionary for his later look. Not only that, but with armor compatibility, it seems almost certain that the intent is playability.

If I had to spitball, it'll probably be a 9.2.5 release, and a pre-order bonus to get people buying the new expansion.

I don't think it's a huge leap in logic to say Kyrian probably isn't the only one, going by the logic that this will likely be playable.
    Guessing just Kyrian and Venthyr. Alliance Kyrian and Horde Venthyr, or neutral allied race?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raidlogger View Post
    Arbiter has a billion souls to route, two jobs would be too much.

Sylvanas probably will just be tasked with sending them back to Oribos where Pelagos does his thing.
    My final guess is that she has to jump into the Maw and save every soul. It's going to take her 10,000 years or something dumb like that to save every soul. After which the arbiter will judge her and let her have peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    This is still on my mind every now and then and was again reminded of it while reading that "leak", I believe these animations still haven't been used in 9.2 so far but are still there which might indicate them being for whatever comes next. There's also likely an encrypted emerald drake mount in the files, which might or might not have a connection to future content as well. Hmm!
    Living world enter. What is the entire expansion is underground. We have to fight our way to Azeroth and deal with underground enemies and Old God minions trying to kill her or something. 5 zones underground sounds fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Quite the leak that. Though I am willing to cut it a little slack on account of the English presumably being horribly translated, leading to something that doesn't even sound remotely similar to the tone of WoW. It sounds more like it's the next FFXIV expansion in tone, and I cannot for the life of me figure out if this is intentional or not.
    Only part that seemed even remotely plausible outside systems are the part where there is a society of various shipwrecked survivors.
    Its definitely a new idea and very creative. Its out there enough to be real. Not that I think it is, but it sounds interesting at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WheresT View Post
    You also forgot the updated Westfall texture from BFA and the unused/barely used updated Nelf buildings from BFA (they updated the inn so well it now has a running stream in it.. yet only appears in the background in Darkshore ruins).

There is enough Dragon stuff, revamp stuff and EK/Kalimdor plotlines floating around to say Cata 2 is a go. Not to mention the smaller expansion (SL, nothing obviously scrapped like WoD so they probably planned it this time) precluding a large one.
    Wasnt there a barrens or durotar rock texture during bfa? Obviously for a scrapped Warfront, but could also be used for a revamp.

What 10.0 will be about:

- another borrowed power system(s)
    - another 5 leveling areas
    - another final raid
    - another set of dungeons

what 10.0 will not be about

- systems that matter
    - rewards outside of raids, dungeons and pvp that matter for character progression
    - fun open world content
    - fair pvp
    - a good crafting system with progression from world content, without the need to play "everything"
    - a focus on what players want (narrow progression pathes instead of "play-it-all")
    - no raid focus

Guys, guys!
    I've got his leak from an inside WoW dev.
    Hold on to your butts, this is a big one.
    "In the next couple of months, we're gonna see 10.0 leaks".
    Blizzard: datamines a shit icon. Teriz: hey, look guys. It's the Tinker!

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    What 10.0 will be about:

- another borrowed power system(s)
    - another 5 leveling areas
    - another final raid
    - another set of dungeons

- systems that matter
    - rewards outside of raids, dungeons and pvp that matter for character progression
    - fun open world content
    - fair pvp
    - a good crafting system with progression from world content, without the need to play "everything"
    - a focus on what players want (narrow progression pathes instead of "play-it-all")
    - no raid focus
    What you want =/= "what players want"

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    What you want =/= "what players want"
    So you do not want systems that matter, rewards outside of raids, dungeons and pvp, fun open world content, fair pvp, a good crafting system and a focus on what players want rather than what a single dev or the devs want?

So you do not want systems that matter, rewards outside of raids, dungeons and pvp, fun open world content, fair pvp, a good crafting system and a focus on what players want rather than what a single dev or the devs want?
    Again, you don't speak for the players, so saying "focus on what players want" means nothing, since each player wants something different. I don't care about PvP, but I want raids to still be in the focus. And other stuff you said is confusing af. Systems that matter? So Covenants or tier sets do not matter? Or is it an issue with 9.2 Cypher system not giving player power?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-15 at 10:50 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

"What does one life matter?"

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Again, you don't speak for the players, so saying "focus on what players want" means nothing, since each player wants something different.
    I actually want the devs to listen to their players. Currently, they listen only to players which agree to the developers agenda. The "community council" is nothing but a PR joke. I want the devs to listen to the majorites, and not to a few minorities only. And there are, not just premade raids or mythic+ players and hardcore casual dull world quest players as Blizzard seems to believe.

And other stuff you said is confusing af. Systems that matter? So Covenants or tier sets do not matter?
    Systems that matter: (in general systems that work past the expac they were created for)
    Item - Character progression (not just power, but also transmogs)
    Cosmetics
    Crafting
    Dungeons
    Raids
    Questing
    Battlegrounds
    Arena
    World PVP

a new dungeon or raid or battleground or arena will be played years after an expac was introduced. Items stay relevent to be transmogs. World pvp is an evergreen, if done correctly. Cosmetics are added for the whole lifetime of a char. Crafting should a be ramping up system rather than split into expacs making them worthless as it is now.

Systems that do not matter: (in general systems that add rewards only for one expac lifecycle)
    Anima power
    Legendary power
    Corruption
    Bone dust
    <insert any borrowed power currency here>
    Renown
    The 123. reincarnation of a talent tree for your necklace which only exists for one expac
    the 143. reincaration of bonuses that only exist for one expac

Blizzard focuses way to much on the last while addition to the first relevant systems would enrich the game for its lifetime. And all those borrowed power systems are not even fun, nor rewarding enough, nor any kind of useful once the expac they were created for is over. Based on that blizzard should get rid of this waste of development resources and focus on adding content to the systems that matter and prevail.

20 dungeons at start of an expac are more worth than "Anima time sink 23", 10 level regions are more worth than "Necklace legendary time sink #31 which loses its power at end of the expac". New battlegrounds are worth more than "Renown tree filled with time sinks"..
    Last edited by cantrip; 2022-01-15 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Guys, guys!
    I've got his leak from an inside WoW dev.
    Hold on to your butts, this is a big one.
    "In the next couple of months, we're gonna see 10.0 leaks".
    It already started. Hopefully Blizzard won't wait too long with reveal after patch, otherwise next few months will be insufferable.

Bunch of empty words. What is system that matter? Something that will grow and grow with every expac? No I don't want this. And if it ends, you say it doesn't matter. xD

Rest is Asmon style "critique" - devs don't care, they just need make game good, it's so easy.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-01-15 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Bunch of empty words. What is system that matter?
    See my post before this one.

Rest is Asmon style "critique" - devs don't care, they just need make game good, it's so easy.
    It would be really easy once the developers would focus on core systems that prevail rather than inventing new ones which just do not live longer than an expac.

Systems that matter: (in general systems that work past the expac they were created for)
    Item - Character progression (not just power, but also transmogs)
    Cosmetics
    Crafting
    Dungeons
    Raids
    Questing
    Battlegrounds
    Arena
    World PVP

a new dungeon or raid or battleground or arena will be played years after an expac was introduced. Items stay relevent to be transmogs. World pvp is an evergreen, if done correctly. Cosmetics are added for the whole lifetime of a char. Crafting should a be ramping up system rather than split into expacs making them worthless as it is now.
    So like, first you say there should be no raid focus, but then you bring raids as a "good system"? And Blizz is already doing stuff you listed:
    - you got raids each patch and sometimes dungeons
    - new quests in new zones
    - new arenas/sometimes BG's
    - crapton of new cosmetics

And you want crafting to go back to how it was, where you was forced to level it through every past expansion if you wanted to reach max lvl? No thanks.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-15 at 11:21 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

"What does one life matter?"

See my post before this one..
    I did, it's a mess. So you call every piece of content a system? Some currency too? Cosmetics matter and anima that is currency for cosmetics don't? xD

Beside battlegrounds and more world pvp goals (which of course could see more attention) we get rest content that "matter" every patch. It's not like you would got extra dungeon if character progression become barebone level&gear. Expac systems mostly take time from team working on balance (that's why I'm oppose any choices in this systems).

Btw, practically gear from raids&dungeons is dead too after expac is over (especially rings/neck that don't even have transmog value). How they "matter" and progression system that is over after expac is done - don't?

----

Looks like we have catch up gear already implemented, wowhead reports treasures/quest/rares are 249 (I hope rares has fixed loot table like in 9.1) and very expensive vendor for 246 to fill gaps. No upgrade, no account-wide tokens. Why they just don't copy good systems, I don't know.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-01-15 at 11:29 AM.

20 dungeons at start of an expac are more worth than "Anima time sink 23", 10 level regions are more worth than "Necklace legendary time sink #31 which loses its power at end of the expac". New battlegrounds are worth more than "Renown tree filled with time sinks"..
    "Blizzard should add things that aren't raids, dungeons or pvp for character progression! Also, Blizzard should stop adding things that are character progression and just add raids, dungeons and pvp, they are worth more!"

Yeah, can't imagine why your feedback isn't given much weight.

"The majority" are the exact reason you have split expansion profession systems. If you want to be listened to, you should at least understand basic development processes enough to realize that removing the effortless anima time sink doesn't somehow magically resolve into 10 more regions and 20 dungeons. It frees up UI team members and systems designers, whose biggest job is... making those light content systems, and who do not make dungeons, or battlegrounds, or leveling regions.

You say that you want non-group (dungeon, raid, pvp) content that provides progression or cosmetics but then in the same post somehow claim that legendaries don't matter, and that renown, the thing that unlocks a bunch of cosmetics, attached to covenants a thing that unlocks even more cosmetics, doesn't matter. So which is it? Do you want cosmetics or are they pointless? Do you want just dungeons and battlegrounds or is just adding dungeons and battlegrounds dumb and the wrong choice? Do you like things like Islands, a system that rewards shit tons of cosmetics and vanity items, or do you think that's a dumb system because it was only directly relevant to power progression in BfA?

If you want Blizzard to listen to you:
    1) Make up your mind instead of just directly contradicting yourself, let alone what other players want.
    2) Actually tell them what you want instead of "Add fun stuff", the most entirely subjective, meaningless request possible.

So like, first you say there should be no raid focus, but then you bring raids as a "good system"? And Blizz is already doing stuff you listed:
    - you got raids each patch and sometimes dungeons
    - new quests in new zones
    - new arenas/sometimes BG's
    - crapton of new cosmetics
    Yeah, well, raids should not be the only source for the story, as they are currently. No content should be mandatory for anyone, you know? Players would chose their path and would get a great experience with a story that ends, and is not just there to create a starting narrative. Questing should have an own story, Raids should have own stories. Dungeons should have own stories. The big problem currently is that raids, and only raids, tell the end story. Give the best gear. Other than raids, you never get the best rewards for your gameplay.

Beside that, there was no single new BG in Shadowlands. There was an arena. But considering how many players play skirmishes, it is an utter joke to only add one arena as new content, while the devs focus on trash system #39 ("renown", "anima", call it whatever you like) to implement time gating to keep players playing for months without adding any kind of compelling gameplay for them..

My point is, when blizzard plans to add a new system, it should simply stay. Forever. And new content should be added in coming up expacs. Torghast and Warfronts should not end in the expac, they should stay in game and be expanded upon. And should have been part of existing systems that matter, because in the end warfronts would be a neat permanent addition if done right, featuring PVE group content in the open world. And Thorgast could simply become a special dungeon.

And the cosmetics? Who needs horse mount #27? Who needs slightly different colored same hat as you find in a former expac? Those should be way more unique and less common.

And new quests? The world quests are dull beyond belief. Not repetetive at all, yet players who focus on quests have to repeat them over and over. Why doesnt blizzard solve questing in a way you can re-play a questing region on different difficulties which tells a narrative in endgame which offers rewards based on your current item level and difficulty rather than adding dull "collect 20x or kill 21y" quests which neither tell any story nor do reward anything useful other than borrowed currency power?

The whole solo player experience is designed for stupid people who cannot even master a small challenge, while most players want engaging gameplay. They either create premade group content or dead stupid hardcore casual content no smart person ever would play for longer than a month... which results in millions leaving the game short after relase.

And you want crafting to go back to how it was, where you was forced to level it through every past expansion if you wanted to reach max lvl? No thanks.
    Yeah, crafting should create items which are useful at and point of the leveling process and thruout of it. Crafting should be leveled as you level up a character. Crafting should have a progress and the items you should craft should stay useful. Also, crafting should not just be "collect 10x and kill 20y", but it should be a whole career including tasks and finding patterns in the open world. You should have to actively level your crafting skill with usefull rewards, and not just do it for the sake of getting to a level.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it's a mess. So you call every piece of content a system? Some currency too? Cosmetics matter and anima that is currency for cosmetics don't? xD
    I call systems that matter systems that matter. Dungeons are pve small group scale content, Raids are pve large scale group content, battlegrounds are large scale group pvp content and arenas are small scale group pvp content, infact all those systems i listed are unique systems that should be the bread and butter of every new expac created.

Beside battlegrounds and more world pvp goals (which of course could see more attention) we get rest content that "matter" every patch.
    No, as "every patch" nowadays focuses on expac specific borrowed power systems nowadays, but not on the extension of core systems. Rather than adding 30 new "Renown" levels with stupid rewards that do not matter blizzard should have added a new questing region which tells a unique narrative. Instead players get some simple region with stupid world quests which tell no ongoing narrative.

It's not like you would got extra dungeon if character progression become barebone level&gear. Expac systems mostly take time from team working on balance (that's why I'm oppose any choices in this systems).
    Every good patch should contain a new dungeon, a new raid, a new questing region, a new battleground, a new arena and core content that matters. Rather than "Renown push up to level 9340".

Btw, practically gear from raids&dungeons is dead too after expac is over (especially rings/neck that don't even have transmog value). How they "matter" and progression system that is over after expac is done - don't?
    No, it is not dead, as it is used for transmogs. Solo players solo raids and dungeons for transmogs. Beside rings and necks. But as you might have noticed, dungeons and raids do not only drop those.

What you are suggesting is that all content should be relevant to some extent, which is absolutely a valid demand to make given how the games irrelevant content far outstrips any amount of content a single expansion can realistically add.

However, this is an issue inherent to not just expansions, but patches. And it is this way because players want new content regularly, so we got that. Then they wanted to play said content without having to play everything else as well, so we got that. Then as time went on players wanted each new piece of content to feel slightly different from previous ones in some regard, hence things like tier sets.

Combine all this together and you get a version of the game that abandons old content quickly, leaving just the cosmetics remaining.

What you are demanding is some kind of system that lets us reuse old content in a way that makes it fun, which is not as simple as just having it give good gear. If that is all it did then every single raid drop would need to be rebalanced, and gearing up would be as simple as getting the same pieces of gear each time.

If we are to circumvent that issue then we need some kind of system like Timewalking.
    And that point however you need to consider why experimenting on systems in important. It's insane to expect any Dev from hitting a bullseye on the first attempt every time, and for tertiary systems like Timewalking it needs to be developed as a side project alongside the main systems like raid and story.

Everyone wants to play the perfect game, but making that takes time, even more so when players are not even agreed on what the perfect game is.
    For some the perfect version of WoW would be 10 10boss raids each expansion, for others it's maybe just 2 and way more story.
    Some players want deeply involved open world combat that gives opportunities for clever useage of abilities, some just want to fly over it and go straight to the important bit so they can be done with the chores for each day.

It will never be as simple as just demanding the developers just make a good game, because first you need to clearly define what a good game is, and make a case for why WoW should be one this.

Even stuff that most players agree on doesn't work this way. Of course everyone wants completely unique and amazing cosmetics from everything, but the developers don't have infinite time and manpower. If "horse with armor" #37 is the best they can do for obscure rare #168 then that is already better than nothing.
    Of course many players would have preferred that it gave s completely unique mount to showcase their brilliance, but this will never be realistic in regards to game Dev time.
    The world revamp dream will never die!