Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    oh no
    we're not getting proper old tall buff drakonids (tbh not what i wanted anyway)
    we're getting scaly vulperas as a new race
    It’s a pet, no way would it also be a playable race.

It could be a baby Draknoid which would not signal against their race.

Quote Originally Posted by Wharren View Post
    It’s a pet, no way would it also be a playable race.

It could be a baby Draknoid which would not signal against their race.
    honestly i don't know how that works. i just thought that it's the same as 7.3.5 with four new allied races.
    although a pet with vulpera skeleton seems weird to me

honestly i don't know how that works. i just thought that it's the same as 7.3.5 with four new allied races.
    I mean, making a dragon-like race in a shape of a tiny vulpera would be such a troll move.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

although a pet with vulpera skeleton seems weird to me
    The deluxe edition is something you buy, if it’s like SL deluxe edition it will come with a mount (the emerald drake) and a pet (the thing that has the vulpera model, so it’s an NPC)

If there are ARs that come with buying 10.0 they wouldn’t be in the deluxe edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, making a dragon-like race in a shape of a tiny vulpera would be such a troll move.
    Possible backlash greater than Junker Gnomes
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

The deluxe edition is something you buy, if it’s like SL deluxe edition it will come with a mount (the emerald drake) and a pet (the thing that has the vulpera model, so it’s an NPC)

If there are ARs that come with buying 10.0 they wouldn’t be in the deluxe edition.
    yeah, but i'm not certain all of the files mentioned are necessarily related to the deluxe edition - maybe a preorder? early access to the DH class, ARs, panda and AR DKs required just a standard preorder

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Possible backlash greater than Junker Gnomes
    i thought there's also 'scalies', like furries - but preferring lizards. an untapped market.

yeah, but i'm not certain all of the files mentioned are necessarily related to the deluxe edition - maybe a preorder? early access to the DH class, ARs, panda and AR DKs required just a standard preorder
    AFAIK nothing related to the DKs was encrypted or included in the in-game shop, and all these items are bundled together save for maybe one of them.

I’m going to guess it’s a new dragon-themed race to go with the expansion theme, and it being smaller and likely a pet means its an NPC race. Vulpera instead of Goblin means it has a tail so likely a small dragonkin that walks on two legs. Which means the PARENT RACE may be another dragonkin that walks on two legs (and this could be our new playable race, or one of them).

Very possible for sure, but to be clear there's no indication of there being an allied race encrypted in here.

AFAIK nothing related to the DKs was encrypted or included in the in-game shop, and all these items are bundled together save for maybe one of them.

I’m going to guess it’s a new dragon-themed race to go with the expansion theme, and it being smaller and likely a pet means its an NPC race. Vulpera instead of Goblin means it has a tail so likely a small dragonkin that walks on two legs. Which means the PARENT RACE may be another dragonkin that walks on two legs (and this could be our new playable race, or one of them).

I bet it could be a child version of this.

https: (space) //static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/1/10/Kyrak.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20150122235347

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Very possible for sure, but to be clear there's no indication of there being an allied race encrypted in here.
    what were allied race hints the last time, an entry in the 'race register'?

34 animations are shared with vulperas - does that mean all of them? are other animations (if such exist) related to something, or are they unknown?

I bet it could be a child version of this.

https: (space) //static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/1/10/Kyrak.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20150122235347
    right, Maloriak. old tall (not exactly buff) drakonids.
    this time, made cute.
    would've hated it this way or another, but making random guesses is fun.

what were allied race hints the last time, an entry in the 'race register'?

34 animations are shared with vulperas - does that mean all of them? are other animations (if such exist) related to something, or are they unknown?
    Ya, entry in ChrRaces.db2.

There are likely more animations but as they're not identical to any other animation in the game we don't know what they are.

understood, thanks.
    i wonder what they did to the tail. and the deliberately cute sleeping animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Another small race for a mech-based class!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Another small race for a mech-based class!
    Yes, because Dragons have always shown propensity for technology.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Yes, because Dragons have always shown propensity for technology.
    If it’s Cata 2, the class can be literally anything as the first expansion stretched nearly the whole continent. It doesn’t have to be locked to Dragons, that’s just the theme of the new zones.

If it’s Cata 2, the class can be literally anything as the first expansion stretched nearly the whole continent. It doesn’t have to be locked to Dragons, that’s just the theme of the new zones.
    Yes, it has.
    Death Knights = Death theme.
    Monk = Pandaren theme.
    Demon Hunter = Demonic theme.

Yes, it has.
    Death Knights = Death theme.
    Monk = Pandaren theme.
    Demon Hunter = Demonic theme.
    Goblin and Worgen had nothing to do with the elements and dragons aside from the backstory of their joining the factions.

Goblin and Worgen had nothing to do with the elements and dragons aside from the backstory of their joining the factions.
    These are races, not classes.

These are races, not classes.
    Right. But each expansion had primarily races that were tied to the theme.

TBC- Outlands themed races
    Cata- unrelated
    Mists- Panda
    Legion- Broken Isles and Argus themed races at the end
    BFA- 4 South Seas island races from the war and two unrelated races

Cata is the ONLY expansion that has a box feature completely unrelated to the expansion theme.

It might sound funny but this is the most excited about the game I've been in awhile. Trying to guess at these little pieces really brings me back.

I'm going to try to hold onto that feeling as best I can though, because it's hard to imagine what little we have leading to an expansion I'd be excited about once we actually know the details and aren't just guessing. As I said before, I don't mean to sound negative or cynical about that, just that at this point in the game's history there's not a lot left that is really going to grab me.

Dragons, for instance, is something I know a lot of people would be happy about and I think they could do some neat stuff with it, but it has no real appeal for me at all.