Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    WoW endgame was more of a journey where you’d get upgrades from different venues, including crafting.

Atm there’s a gogo mentality thanks to its systems and gear treadmill. It’s a quick burnout trying to play catch-up.
    That was only really in Vanilla though, and while there was some of the mentality left in TBC it was long gone by the time you got into WotLK.

I suppose the game is trying to get back to that mentality ever since Legion, but the playerbase is adamantly against the kind of game that has even a tiny amount of grind for anything.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I think people are too hung up on the drake being an emerald drake.

We only have a single green drake mount in the game, compared to a dozen of red, blue, black and purple colorations.
    So its probably just a decision to add some extra drake mount variety.
    So much this^

There was a horse for CE in BfA. Wasn’t the only horse *snickers*

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I think people are too hung up on the drake being an emerald drake.

We only have a single green drake mount in the game, compared to a dozen of red, blue, black and purple colorations.
    So its probably just a decision to add some extra drake mount variety.
    If I were to put my armchair Dev hat on I would assume we are likely to get the green drake mount as a collector's edition since the original green drake mount is one of the rarest mounts in the game, and the other 4 colorations are likely going to be reputation rewards or similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Or rather, emerald dragon mount as collectors edition, and the rest of the mounts in places similar to the WotLK dragons. Red from dungeon hero etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That was only really in Vanilla though, and while there was some of the mentality left in TBC it was long gone by the time you got into WotLK.

I suppose the game is trying to get back to that mentality ever since Legion, but the playerbase is adamantly against the kind of game that has even a tiny amount of grind for anything.
    I thought it worked fine in Wotlk-WoD. It wasn’t until Legion where they tried to replicate all these mobile game grinds. They went all out in BFA on top of making armor traits RNG.

My speculation, hope y'all like it. Gonna make it sound official cause why not lol

10.0: idfk...something something Azeroth related or new lol

9.2 plot synopsis speculation: Despite winning the battle, Zovaal may have won the war. Our battle against the enemy of existence itself within the Heart of Eternity and the very origin of Life, Death, and the eternal cycle between those forces (and the others kinda, though Death represents Eternity and that cycle tbf) results in Zovaal fatally wounding Azeroth, and without the power to heal her (unlike with BFA, where we kinda did), all of existence is doomed to collapse through the inevitability of Eternity's end. This is the horrible truth of existence, without a pattern, and without reality, the forces become nothing but formless, chaotic specimens, and everything the First Ones thought of into the design, as their will demands, every cycle, every law, etc etc is gone...forever. The Warcraft Saga goes into 10.0 as both a revamp for the world, and a new beginning for the Heroes, and a new mission in mind: To bring back balance to the forces and the cycle, so that a new Eternal cycle of PEACE occurs for all of existence.

But first, personal scores must be settled, and Azeroth's Champions must find a way to heal Azeroth. But how?

prepatch can be named Dawn of a new age idfk...

10.0 prepatch visuals: Starting zones for every race updated, capitals are also updated, Elemental and cosmic attacks occur across old world land marks. More zones to be updated during future patches and expansions to ease up on Artist fatigue. New BG? Idk...maybe not.

10.0 prepatch scenario: Stormwind invasion with Lothraxion, etc. Turalyon loses his will to fight as Domination magics have expanded into the Light.

10.0 zone: Dragon Isles. 5 new zones on the backside of Azeroth, each representing a flight in some form.

10.1: Odyn sees we are trying to form a new flight and wants to stop us, same with Helya and they both attack us, we beat them both at Ulduar or so and tell them to piss off.

10.2: Chromatus is freed and the Void are tryna fuck em over into twilight, but so are the Infinite flights, which messes up the balance for this freed Behemoth. We gotta kill em.

10.3: We learn of Life stuff, etc etc.

11.0: Realms of Life expac, or Order. One of the two...leading into Zereth Vitae or Ordos.
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2022-01-17 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    My speculation, hope y'all like it. Gonna make it sound official cause why not lol

10.0: idfk...something something Azeroth related or new lol

9.2 plot synopsis speculation: Despite winning the battle, Zovaal may have won the war. Our battle against the enemy of existence itself within the Heart of Eternity and the very origin of Life, Death, and the eternal cycle between those forces (and the others kinda, though Death represents Eternity and that cycle tbf) results in Zovaal fatally wounding Azeroth, and without the power to heal her (unlike with BFA, where we kinda did), all of existence is doomed to collapse through the inevitability of Eternity's end. This is the horrible truth of existence, without a pattern, and without reality, the forces become nothing but formless, chaotic specimens, and everything the First Ones thought of into the design, as their will demands, every cycle, every law, etc etc is gone...forever. The Warcraft Saga goes into 10.0 as both a revamp for the world, and a new beginning for the Heroes, and a new mission in mind: To bring back balance to the forces and the cycle, so that a new Eternal cycle of PEACE occurs for all of existence.

But first, personal scores must be settled, and Azeroth's Champions must find a way to heal Azeroth. But how?

prepatch can be named Dawn of a new age idfk...

10.0 prepatch visuals: Starting zones for every race updated, capitals are also updated, Elemental and cosmic attacks occur across old world land marks. More zones to be updated during future patches and expansions to ease up on Artist fatigue. New BG? Idk...maybe not.

10.0 prepatch scenario: Stormwind invasion with Lothraxion, etc. Turalyon loses his will to fight as Domination magics have expanded into the Light.

10.0 zone: Dragon Isles. 5 new zones on the backside of Azeroth, each representing a flight in some form.

10.1: Odyn sees we are trying to form a new flight and wants to stop us, same with Helya and they both attack us, we beat them both at Ulduar or so and tell them to piss off.

10.2: Chromatus is freed and the Void are tryna fuck em over into twilight, but so are the Infinite flights, which messes up the balance for this freed Behemoth. We gotta kill em.

10.3: We learn of Life stuff, etc etc.

11.0: Realms of Life expac, or Order. One of the two...leading into Zereth Vitae.
    Oh man I had forgotten about Chromatus. He was supposed to be in Cata.

I thought it worked fine in Wotlk-WoD. It wasn’t until Legion where they tried to replicate all these mobile game grinds. They went all out in BFA on top of making armor traits RNG.
    So systems outside of raid worked fine, even in the expansion that gave the player 3-4 quests tied to the raid and absolutely nothing else of value to take inside?

Also, what are you talking about with armor traits in BfA being RNG? Every single piece of Azerite had fixed traits.
    If you are going to shittalk BfA at least do it with problems that were real and not made up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Realms of Life expac, or Order. One of the two...leading into Zereth Vitae or Ordos.
    The idea there are equivalents to Zareth Mortis pretty much ignore the all the lore in 9.2 about all living things originating from Zareth Mortis. If all life originates from Zareth Mortis wtf would a Zareth Vitae even do?

If you need a world soul to use the sepulcher, just use Zovaal's soul to fix everything he broke. Problem solved.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    pretty much ignore the all the lore in 9.2 about all living things originating from Zareth Mortis.
    It doesn't ignore any such lore, as that lore doesn't exist.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Is my ceilling damaged or... is full of leaks around here?

Not even "good" leaks. It has been the same repeatedly banner user creating numerous burner accounts spamming the same shit over and over, for the most part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drywood leaks.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yeah, but it's coming from your upstairs neighbor's toilet.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

7+ Year Old Account
    Time to assemble the plumbe... I mean the Brotherhood!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Not even "good" leaks. It has been the same repeatedly banner user creating numerous burner accounts spamming the same shit over and over, for the most part.
    Same as it has always been tbf
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    I don't argue that the scandals and patch release did not hurt, they absolutely did.. But I urge you to look into the topics prior to WoW's scandal hit. The systems are 100% what a ton of casual players hate. I've been monitoring the forums since the start of January and I can say that from this forum, WoW's forum, Reddit, and YT the comments that appear the most consistent are complaints from casual players.

And that's 100% on Ion, and that dude can't even bring himself to talk about casual players in interviews, because when he does he starts stammering and looking uncomfortable.
    The systems are 100% what casuals championed and told everyone else “meaningful choice” for a year

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man I had forgotten about Chromatus. He was supposed to be in Cata.
    And with the loss of the aspects he’s more threatening than before

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Your spreadsheet gives me nostalgia for all the “shadowlands class skins” and the WoD leaker failing

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If only there was an easy way to purge those forums from all that cr*p... wait a minute... I have an idea...

7+ Year Old Account
    I think this is the biggest "leaks" flood we ever heard, especially that we are not that close to potential reveal.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I think this is the biggest "leaks" flood we ever heard, especially that we are not that close to potential reveal.
    It is all rather sudden and massive yes! That wowhead dragon mount article probably didn't help...

So what the fuck's up with the sudden influx of like dozens of leaks?

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    The systems are 100% what casuals championed and told everyone else “meaningful choice” for a year
    WTF sorry?
    Only Blizzard championed it AND SOME BLIZZARD FANBOIS, who could be paid "influencers" so to speak, nobody knows nowadays.
    Not a single person I knew thought it was a good idea tho.