Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I agree, it's been pretty fun reading "leaks" again, and while some people tend to get easily upset over fake stuff, I think most are able to look through that and at the cool creativeness some or the people in this community have... as well as those that don't.
    The ones that don't can be quite funny. The ones that do are best when they're absolutely fucking insane, like that one fake leak a very long time ago that read like a Q drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The ones that don't can be quite funny. The ones that do are best when they're absolutely fucking insane, like that one fake leak a very long time ago that read like a Q drop.
    The best leaks are the ones that sound like they were lifted straight from a fever dream. *chefs kiss*

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    We've already talked about this pretty extensively as this is the same stuff we found and posted about on MMOC on Saturday, but Wowhead decided to also embed the textures which was probably something we should've done
    IMO that should be the entire mount. No body or anything, just a bunch of sparkles.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Okay that doesn't answer my question, and opens whole new ones; Did no one really live in Undercity?!? Where is that from??
    They are making it up undead lived in the undercity as of BFA with before the storm directly showing them there with a undead repair shop and all.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Actually he is game director of World of Warcraft and he is responsible for what the game develops to. And obviously Hazzikostas only concern is raiding and mythic+, otherwise he created a shitshow for any other player group. That is, in cooperation with Steve Danuser who does the lore part. Without the lawyer being a horrible game director the game actually could be good and fun for everyone who played the game and left up to now. And Danusers storytelling (i mean.. Sylvanas being infested by the jailer, yet responsible for her actions? Tyrande forgiving Sylvanas after all she did? A battle between Turalyon and Anduin? Anduin becoming .. undead? Retcon after Retcon?) .. what .. bullshit .. is this?

There is only one way WoW improves: Hazzikostas gets fired or leaves. Danuser gets fired of leaves. I heard Greg Street looks for people who design his new MMORPG. Probably Ion should get a job in Ghostcrawlers new Cosby suite.

I really wonder Street did not hire Afrasiabi yet. I mean, everyone could use a game developer who has a fridge full of cold beer. Alcoholics often have the best ideas. As like beer drinking Pandas being the main feature of an expac.

Ion is a fantastic encounter designer. I wouldn't want him to get fired. Id prefer they move him back to Lead encounter designer instead. Danny boy can go back to writing quest dialogue. If BFA and Shadowlands are really dannys fault idc what happens to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Dont lose faith brother, we will find what we are looking for

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like over the weekend the leak amount has really sped up
    I really hope so. At this point, I just want a great expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Holy crap I can't believe I missed that!

If that isn't confirmation on 10.0 dragon isles idk what is lmao.

It's happening!!!!!!

Big oof to all the ney sayers.
    While I myself believe in (and hope for) a dragon isles expac there is still a slight chance that it's something about the Emerald Dream or the often quoted "lifelands" aka realm of life. So I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    They are making it up undead lived in the undercity as of BFA with before the storm directly showing them there with a undead repair shop and all.
    I have... always have the impression that Forsaken actually reside on the Undercity, nothing has ever made me think they didn't lmao. They have shops, they have guilds, they have inns. Like HOW would they not live there?!?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    While I myself believe in (and hope for) a dragon isles expac there is still a slight chance that it's something about the Emerald Dream or the often quoted "lifelands" aka realm of life. So I wouldn't be too sure about that.
    I hate the idea of the lifelands so much, I'm really not on board with the idea that every cosmic power needs their own dimensional plane, less so that we need to visit them all as expansion settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    With a bit of a delay, it is finally that time of the 2-year again
    Yeah its kinda sad. Normally we would have gotten the xpac reveal 2 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    We already know the Emerald Dream is a mirror of Azeroth. Honestly an Emerald Dream expansion ticks all these boxes.
    Shadowlands was supposed to be a mirror of Azeroth and look where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    I believe blizzard will not put any other effort into the game than to create trash systems until Hazzikostas managed to destroy the game completely. In the end only him and some raiders will still play his raiding game.
    I don't know if it has something to do with Ion or just with their business approach in general. I just don't expect them to put more than the required effort into an expansion. The sales will cover the costs anyway and what happens in the next year(s) until the new expansion approaches really doesn't matter much. So give the players the bare minimum and they still will buy it.

On topic: tol y'all there's a reason why Ysera is in Shadowlands and was brought back. She'll be the bridge towards the next expansion (with Wrathion, maybe). To bring her back just for Shadowlands alone never made any sense.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-01-17 at 08:31 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah its kinda sad. Normally we would have gotten the xpac reveal 2 months ago.
    Yep but they are extremely behind though cutting 9.3 probably helps but I don’t see 10.0 launching in any decent shape

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    IMO that should be the entire mount. No body or anything, just a bunch of sparkles.
    I wish to become one with the sparkles and fly away.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    This "slight chance" is growing scarier...

If I would bet for each speculated expansion, the probability chart looks like this:

- 50% Lifelands/Emerald Dream
    - 35% Dragon Isles
    - 15% World Revamp

The fun fact is that my wish list is literally the opposite.
    Azeroth must be remastered!

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Lifelands
    Shouldn't "Lifelands" be just life itself?

Dragon Isles confirmed?

https://www.wowhead.com/news/datamin...edition-325627

What else can be associated with a green dragon other than an emerald dream related xpac, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Yep but they are extremely behind though cutting 9.3 probably helps but I don’t see 10.0 launching in any decent shape
    Maybe they are so behind because of pumping every available resource into 10.0. They would not say that but Shadowlands was basically abandoned early in 2021 even if we get a good 9.2.

I dont think 10.0 will be Lifelands related. They basically said next xpac will be back on Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Dragon Isles confirmed?

https://www.wowhead.com/news/datamin...edition-325627

What else can be associated with a green dragon other than an emerald dream related xpac, I guess?
    Everything related to Dragon Isles? A green dragon is as good as every other dragon for a Dragon Isles expac and they eventually have to choose one Dragonflight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordKharon View Post
    Maybe they are so behind because of pumping every available resource into 10.0. They would not say that but Shadowlands was basically abandoned early in 2021 even if we get a good 9.2.
    Absolutely. They knew way back in early 2021 that 9.3 wasn't a thing. The Ion interview in March made this already pretty clear, but most people where doubting it back then. But the writing was on the wall that 9.3 was never about to happen.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    This "slight chance" is growing scarier...

If I would bet for each speculated expansion, the probability chart looks like this:

- 50% Lifelands/Emerald Dream
    - 35% Dragon Isles
    - 15% World Revamp

The fun fact is that my wish list is literally the opposite.
    Actually, World Revamp and Dragon Isles are not mutually exclusive. They can easily make new expansion events happen in (revamped) old world, while making Dragon Isles themselves into new msx-level zone Suramar-style.
    And I have serious doubts about Lifelands. What would we even do there? Another Old God expansion? It also contradicts hints about "going back to basics".

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Shadowlands was supposed to be a mirror of Azeroth and look where we are.
    When did they say that? Also, Emerald Dream as a primal Azeroth was established long time ago.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

In the spirit of rampant and baseless speculation, I've been looking at which models received new LOD files since the beginning of Shadowlands. Granted, this is likely to simply be part of a gradual update to the game as time allows to improve level of detail options, and nothing to read into with any hype.

They've been adding in LODs 1-3 for various models, spell effects and doodads since the 9.0 beta, but with seemingly no rhyme or reason to which models they opt for. There are a lot of wildlife (tigers, murlocs galore, yak, shoveltusk, eagle & many more), as well as seemingly random choices like protodrake mounts, the Heart of the Aspects mount, Teron Gorefiend (BT version), the legion female spider demon things, Invincible, stormforged vrykul, and for some reason a 'leytree' doodad from Legion (Azure dragonflight, anyone?). There are quite a lot more.

There's also the Taerar_q one which was noticed ages ago in this thread. I thought there was nothing to this (probably isn't!), but the Taerar_q updates also include new BLP files and 'updated' anim/skin files. Even if the updates are only caused by an accidental save, somebody has really been making an effort to check out Taerar behind the curtains. A little curious given we have much more solid evidence to be worked up around green dragons now. Heart of the Aspects is worth raising an eyebrow at too, like why would you prioritise such an underused model?

While these don't have any apparent connection, it would make sense if they were prioritising 'LOD-ing' models they intended to use again for the next expansion. The wildlife focus in particular was what made me start speculating this - new or revamped zones on Azeroth would likely use a lot of recolours of existing flora and fauna rather than whole new types of creatures. If I understand anything about LOD files (and I sure don't), they seem to apply to all skins that can be used with a given model. This would mean that if they were reusing these models, the corresponding new mobs etc could only be reskins rather than having drastic changes (my first thought seeing the spiderdemon model included was that it would make a decent skeleton for a female drakonid... alas, that would probably need a separate .m2 file).

Anyhow, food for thought or instant dismissal. Really this is just the result of me being weirded out that they made a conscious effort to improve the leytree model of all things.