1. #19141
    It being green can be a meme all it was. You’re still got getting anyone here to laugh, nor are you making a relevant point regardless.

  2. #19142
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    @Luck4

    God fucking damn it. Now that's gonna live rent free in my head for months.
    That's why I decided to make this post, this "leak" is attached to my head. XD
    Azeroth must be remastered!

  3. #19143
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They reuse assets....like all the damn time its also not Blizzard specific.
    The person in question specifically said "gaming industry," not "Blizzard Entertainment." Put away the shield and cape, Galahad.

    In any event, people would probably be significantly less harsh on Zereth Mortis if they hadn't verbally hyped it so much in the reveal. It's a serviceable zone and that is about it.

    But yeah. The sun, moon, and dream stuff is suspect in how often it comes around, but it also means people can make the same conclusions with that information.

  4. #19144
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    They’re not the same in any form of manner. One is the Workshop of Death itself which holds the Sepulcher aka the very core of Deaths very origin and it’s purpose and reasoning for existing and being shaped, while the other is some hiding sanctuary world the Titan maintaining the order of Life within reality and the realms reality’s connected to from either the legion, Death, or the more “primal” forces like the Light, Life itself, the Void, and the Automa which wield powers and a force that predates and is the maker of the other 6 through thought and other irl expames humans, realistic examples of God, the Overvoid and Final Heaven, the Monitors, Record Keeper from FF, etc etc would provide for crazy scaling for such incomprehensible beings that can print out entire realms of infinitely complex layers that are transcendences above or beyond themselves or are pocket realms but share a ver similar effect and all that crazy shit lol
    I was not referring to the objects but the biome, the vegetation even uses the same lush green palette of Elunaria.

    I mean, we've seen this before, 3.3.5 Ruby Sanctum with stuff from Twilight Highlands, 5.4 SoO and BRF were so aesthetically close that some people complained about it, 6.2 some objects were used in Broken Shore. But, ofc it's not a rule, I don't remember CATA 4.3 using MOP stuff, LEGION 7.3 using BFA stuff, or BC 2.4 with WOTLK stuff.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    The person in question specifically said "gaming industry," not "Blizzard Entertainment."
    Yeah, it's everywhere.

    https://kotaku.com/the-clever-ways-g...urn-1835358385

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    It's pretty good. It might be true, but it's also important to realize that the connections you made could've also been made backwards by the person who constructed it. They also know about the Living World, shop mounts/mogs, and emerald drake. From there it's some decent fan-fic.
    True, I'm not sure if it's true, but it's messing with my head.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2022-01-21 at 04:39 AM.
    Azeroth must be remastered!

  5. #19145
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    A broken clock is right twice a day.
    If he keeps saying it then chances are that it will eventually be correct, if only because of random chance and the fluctuations of the universe.
    My point is that he made the same statement that we have had since 5.4
    Lore said it multiple times in interviews
    Ion has said it
    The previous president said it (can’t remember his name)
    We have heard the same “we will do better and listen better” for over a decade and honestly it’s just fanfare at this point

    I would happily be wrong because I do think that with bare minimum effort the company could produce more than hot garbage. I want devs that don’t treat customers like unwashed peasants that don’t understand how the games work until months later then say something like “that shit system actually made your experience better” or say “we changed this in testing weeks before launch so you are wrong” or “if you are worried about content delays over the aftermath of our sexual misconduct being exposed then you are the problem”

    I want the dev attitude from MoP where it wasn’t “we will slow you down so much that the gap between the top and bottom players seems smaller” and where it was “you don’t need more gear to clear normal you need better play”

    Rep grinds that felt rewarding and weren’t time gates by the amount of WQs available so I could spend hours killing a mob if I wanted to get the rep to buy the 4 colors of the same mount instead of a single mount and maybe a unique pet with a half-assed tabard all for the same price as the 4 mounts combined.

    Patch content that I didn’t mind hanging out in and doing stuff with that felt meaningful instead of “you have done the 30 minute quest for the week come back Tuesday”

    I want to believe him but history shows that people in his position lie

  6. #19146
    Notice that Mike didn't promise any game reveal for next week. He said "we have some exciting things to announce, and I’ll be sharing more next week." Maybe we will have some schedule? They planned Blizzcon next month at some point, so they have more than just WoW news.

  7. #19147
    I am Murloc! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    5,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    The amount of people who quit in the last 2 years vastly outnumber the people still playing.

    You are in the minority with your opinion. This thread is literally a small safe space among a sea of criticism and sometimes hate for the game.

    You are wrong. Sit down. Be humble. Shadowlands sucks.
    Ahahaha sure. You and others are shitting on the game and it's future on a daily basis but it is suddenly a safe space for fanboys now. Also lol @ "sometimes hate for the game".
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-21 at 06:32 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  8. #19148
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Notice that Mike didn't promise any game reveal for next week. He said "we have some exciting things to announce, and I’ll be sharing more next week." Maybe we will have some schedule? They planned Blizzcon next month at some point, so they have more than just WoW news.
    Maybe they will bring back support to HotS
    Return of Heroes of the Dorm??

    9.2 date
    10.0 info
    Classic WotLK

    Hearthstone expansion

    Diablo 4 date

    More inclusive policies because they have to work on their image

    Starcraft 3 because RTS games have a dedicated following (I’ve bought supreme commander 2 and love the craziness)

    Mobile games

  9. #19149
    I am Murloc! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    5,679
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Maybe they will bring back support to HotS
    Return of Heroes of the Dorm??

    9.2 date
    10.0 info
    Classic WotLK

    Hearthstone expansion

    Diablo 4 date

    More inclusive policies because they have to work on their image

    Starcraft 3 because RTS games have a dedicated following (I’ve bought supreme commander 2 and love the craziness)

    Mobile games
    Not sure why would they put more money into HotS, it was deemed not profitable enough, after all. And bobby is still holding the reins. I could defo see SC3/WC4 when Microsoft takes over. They do not shy away from genres perceived as less popular, seeing how they recently released Age of Empire 4.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  10. #19150
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Not sure why would they put more money into HotS, it was deemed not profitable enough, after all. And bobby is still holding the reins. I could defo see SC3/WC4 when Microsoft takes over. They do not shy away from genres perceived as less popular, seeing how they recently released Age of Empire 4.
    MOBA game popularity is rising

  11. #19151
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    The amount of people who quit in the last 2 years vastly outnumber the people still playing.

    You are in the minority with your opinion. This thread is literally a small safe space among a sea of criticism and sometimes hate for the game.

    You are wrong. Sit down. Be humble. Shadowlands sucks.
    Shadowlands is ok as a game right now. The BIG problem is their payment model. If WoW was buy to play / no sub required (like ESO) ppl would be much more forgiving with lack of content or grinds or timegated stuff. You also would not have these wild swings in ppl playing. Maybe it will get better in the future when they put WoW on Gampass, would still be a sub but you would get a lot of other games to play "for free".

  12. #19152
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKharon View Post
    Shadowlands is ok as a game right now. The BIG problem is their payment model. If WoW was buy to play / no sub required (like ESO) ppl would be much more forgiving with lack of content or grinds or timegated stuff. You also would not have these wild swings in ppl playing. Maybe it will get better in the future when they put WoW on Gampass, would still be a sub but you would get a lot of other games to play "for free".
    I hate the fact I have to pay multiple months worth of sub fees in order for them to fix a feature that they launch in a broken state

  13. #19153
    I am Murloc! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    5,679
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    MOBA game popularity is rising
    Is it, though?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I hate the fact I have to pay multiple months worth of sub fees in order for them to fix a feature that they launch in a broken state
    I mean, big chance WoW will land on Game Pass.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  14. #19154
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    36,406
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Maybe they will bring back support to HotS
    Return of Heroes of the Dorm??

    9.2 date
    10.0 info
    Classic WotLK

    Hearthstone expansion

    Diablo 4 date

    More inclusive policies because they have to work on their image

    Starcraft 3 because RTS games have a dedicated following (I’ve bought supreme commander 2 and love the craziness)

    Mobile games
    Actually I was thinking maybe the announcement of the announcement of 10.0 but now that I think about it aren't we about at the time they announce the new "Year of the" for Heartstone?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Is it, though?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I mean, big chance WoW will land on Game Pass.
    Honestly if it came to PC Game Pass I might pick it up that way. Classic and a bunch of free games? Good deal to me.
    Talents - ☑
    EK/Kalimdor Revamp - ☒
    Endgame Gearing Revamp - ☐

    FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter | Classic - Ashkandi (Horde)

  15. #19155
    "Exciting things to announce".

    That doesn't sound very "next-expansion-related" in my opinion. Could just be the release date for 9.2.

    And I'm still pretty sure they'll get it into the game pass and this will require a business model change, but that's nothing I expect them to announce just yet.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  16. #19156
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    36,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    "Exciting things to announce".

    That doesn't sound very "next-expansion-related" in my opinion. Could just be the release date for 9.2.

    And I'm still pretty sure they'll get it into the game pass and this will require a business model change, but that's nothing I expect them to announce just yet.
    I dunno I feel like it's too early for a 9.2 date, do we think that it'll be ready early February? Because they sure aren't announcing it now if the Late Feb/Early March predictions are right.
    Talents - ☑
    EK/Kalimdor Revamp - ☒
    Endgame Gearing Revamp - ☐

    FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter | Classic - Ashkandi (Horde)

  17. #19157
    I am Murloc! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    5,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    "Exciting things to announce".

    That doesn't sound very "next-expansion-related" in my opinion. Could just be the release date for 9.2.
    You really think Blizz president would come forth with "exciting 9.2 release date"? It's something bigger than single game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I dunno I feel like it's too early for a 9.2 date, do we think that it'll be ready early February? Because they sure aren't announcing it now if the Late Feb/Early March predictions are right.
    It really is not, almost everything wast tested. Only thing left I think is M+ affix.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  18. #19158
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Actually I was thinking maybe the announcement of the announcement of 10.0 but now that I think about it aren't we about at the time they announce the new "Year of the" for Heartstone?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Honestly if it came to PC Game Pass I might pick it up that way. Classic and a bunch of free games? Good deal to me.
    Along with more of the BG updates

  19. #19159
    9.2 date.
    10.0 announcement.
    WotLK Classic.
    New Warcraft mobile game.
    Hearthstone expansion.
    Overwatch 2 info dump.
    Diablo 4 info dump.
    Small updates to D2R.
    An additional mobile game.
    Diablo Immortal release date.
    Promising a commitment to supporting all their games better in the future, giving players hope for updated to Starcraft, HotS, and so on.
    Last edited by Shadowlands-is-fake; 2022-01-21 at 08:39 AM.

  20. #19160
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I dunno I feel like it's too early for a 9.2 date, do we think that it'll be ready early February? Because they sure aren't announcing it now if the Late Feb/Early March predictions are right.
    I mean announcing 10.0 before they have a set release date for 9.2 would be pretty hilarious.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    You really think Blizz president would come forth with "exciting 9.2 release date"? It's something bigger than single game.
    Yes, I do, because it's marketing talk. Exciting news to share can be anything and nothing. It can be the resume of the first virtual meeting of the community council or whatever. This absolutely does not have to be about WoW at all.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •