Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Well for me personally it might be referring to Azeroth either during the Jailer encounter or in cutscenes between phases. The way it is named Living World to me indicates that it is related to the mortal realm where there are living creatures, more so than it would point to a realm of the Cosmic force of Life. We know that at least in one of the phases of the Jailer we do see a globe of Azeroth. And since we haven't seen the rest of the encounter we don't know if we get more than that when he starts attacking it.

Thinking about that. I wanna see them add a model of a sword sticking from silithus, scaled appropriately of course
    Yeah, but not much reason for the Time of Day or Weather set of animations if it were just a literal animated planet during the fight, though. Not sure why a globe would need a toggled weather or time feature since it's a globe, so the time of day is just it rotating. I think the best approach is to ignore the Living World part all together and try and figure out what could use:

Proximity
    Time of Day
    Weather

Also super suspicious that they are the only animations (?) that have an enter/leave set.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yeah, but not much reason for the Time of Day or Weather set of animations if it were just a literal animated planet during the fight, though. Not sure why a globe would need a toggled weather or time feature since it's a globe, so the time of day is just it rotating. I think the best approach is to ignore the Living World part all together and try and figure out what could use:

Proximity
    Time of Day
    Weather

Also super suspicious that they are the only animations (?) that have an enter/leave set.
    Sub zone would fit

Proximity
    Time of Day
    Weather

It's hard for me to make an educated guess because I'm not familiar enough with the strings and how they normally name or organize animations, but even when I try to guess this is what stumps me. What would need enter and leaving animations for time of day and weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    It's hard for me to make an educated guess because I'm not familiar enough with the strings and how they normally name or organize animations, but even when I try to guess this is what stumps me. What would need enter and leaving animations for time of day and weather?
    Full list of animations as of last build for more context: https://github.com/Marlamin/wow.tool...er/mv/anims.js

I miss us trying to make sense of fake Chinese riddle leaks
    Oh god I don't, those things infuriated me in how obtuse they were.

Someone was doing that for the upcoming Pokemon game too and just...gah, I wanted to tear my hair out.

That's just me though, I get why others like it. But gimme these fake leaks over them any dya.

Also good lord this thing expanded by like 15 pages overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Here's a side by side:

Considering how much the logo aesthetics clash with the expansion name, we could've done so from the get go.

A shame really, it is a very pretty logo.

erm....

am I the only 1 who sees a BLOOD ELF SPELLBREAKER?

That "upper thing" is not part of Naaru. It's a head with helmet on.
    You can clearly see the helmet lines, eyes, nose, mouth...

And below that something that looks like elvish balista.

Honestly- this thing/head/helmet is something that would PERFECTLY FIT TO last 6 month subscription mount -

Heck, even the helmet "theme" matches. And the color scheme of the logo AND the mounts eyes/chest armor/wings effect (the stary dust it leaves behind).

If this logo is true- then you can thank me for solving the expansion for you.

save this post and you'll see I was right when they reveal it.

edit:

even that "gem" in helmet matches both the 6 months sub mount and the helmet on logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Pareidolia. That's all that is.

Wouldn't call it that way tbh. I just appointed similarities between that logo and things we already have in game (WHICH WAS PROVEN TO BE "leak/tease" towards following mayor patch/expansion)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sableye View Post
    My guess is we see a 10.0, microsoft closes its deal, new management wants a cross platform game, WoW 2 development is kicked off in ernest, while the team on main WoW is left to finish the story so far, maybe the next expansion sees features cut, who knows. WoW 2 gets announced 2024, for 2026 launch, cross platform, new sub model, probably integrated into gamepass somehow. they pull a destiny and make is so some of your stuff gets ported forward
    MMOs take longer than 2-3 years to build. Earliest we will ever see a wow 2 is 2028. They should take extra time and launch it on the 30th anniversary of warcraft 3. Around 2030ish. Minimum 3 more wow expansions imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Full list of animations as of last build for more context:
    Oh thanks! It'll take some time to get used to the naming scheme still, but with the information I can at least start trying to make an educated guess.

Ok bad picture angle but here are some dragon horns and I’m too lazy to do the whole image compare stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Surprised this one wasn't posted yet. They say it's from some discord group.

Would be hilarious if WoW decides to make an "EOD" expansion after Guild Wars 2 releases their End Of Dragons expansions.

Note: Not saying they copied, just saying it would be funny.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Figure out what Living World is instead.
    This really is the biggest damn headscratcher for me.

The Elwynn buildings are pretty self-explanitory, Living World much less so.

Is it stuff for Titan Azeroth? Is it relating to Lifelands or the Emerald Dream? Is it relating to some kind of dynamically-changing game world? I can't figure it out because the former doesn't explain why weather is involved, the middle doesn't explain why it needs transitions, and the latter seems way too technically-complex for a 2004 game.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Would be hilarious if WoW decides to make an "EOD" expansion after Guild Wars 2 releases their End Of Dragons expansions.

Note: Not saying they copied, just saying it would be funny.
    It'd be the start of a pattern after Shadowlands/Shadowbringers.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    It'd be the start of a pattern after Shadowlands/Shadowbringers.
    Dragon Walkers.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Surprised this one wasn't posted yet. They say it's from some discord group.

Comparing all of the logos to make it easier to figure out how fake it is
    Last edited by Revamp Man; 2022-01-23 at 06:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely agree, launch content and first 3 raids did mitigate it a bit by having only some of Nighthold being demonic but mostly Nightborne and the Nightmare and Trial of Valor having nothing demonic. So it wasn't black and green from 6.2 all the way to 7.3 but in the last two patches it definitely was overdone.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I didn't know it was removed, that sucks. Would also be cool if we got dungeon, raid and bg zones as part of the outdoor where it fits, an uninstanced version that talks more of the lore.
    Wonder if they retconned Strand with the BG removal or if in lore the path still leads there. But I guess I was asking if the actual titan vault there had a name besides the one given for the BG.
    I would honesty have preferred 7.3 to have been The broken shore with a larger 7.2. 7.2 could have had thal'dranath with illidan awaking here. Vashj naga and Guldan. Manaroth on charge of the demons on 7.1. Guldan dies and illidan is brought back to life. 7.3 happens. Broken shore but perhaps expanded to be made a little bigger. Kiljaeden final boss. Saving a full argus for an expansion.

8.0 would be Nazjatar as a continent with neptulon as a boss of the first tier along with ozumat. Central palace zone in the game but inaccessible until 8.2. We fight azshara here and Nzoth releases. 8.3 new mega zone nyalotha. 2 to 3 zones like Argus. More build up and less rushed Nzoth.

I don't know how we lead into shadowlands from this. Maybe we skip bfa and Bolvar succumbs to the jailers domination. Somehow that leads us into the shadowlands with Sylvanas as a character in tact. She is the hero. Helps both horde and alliance. Won't follow the jailer because she will never be dominated again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Neat, totally missed this. Hmmm!
    What if the next expansion is just called wow azeroth lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    erm.... how?

where did you even get this pic?

I mean- the only "strange" thing about it is that I've never seen this "format/style" of EK.

OTher than that? Clouds? What? They are keeping Dragon Isles hidden?
    Where in the eastern kingdoms is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I would honesty have preferred 7.3 to have been The broken shore with a larger 7.2. 7.2 could have had thal'dranath with illidan awaking here. Vashj naga and Guldan. Manaroth on charge of the demons on 7.1. Guldan dies and illidan is brought back to life. 7.3 happens. Broken shore but perhaps expanded to be made a little bigger. Kiljaeden final boss. Saving a full argus for an expansion.
    I honestly always thought Legion's final boss should've been the Avatar of Sargeras at its full power.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This really is the biggest damn headscratcher for me.

The Elwynn buildings are pretty self-explanitory, Living World much less so.

Is it stuff for Titan Azeroth? Is it relating to Lifelands or the Emerald Dream? Is it relating to some kind of dynamically-changing game world? I can't figure it out because the former doesn't explain why weather is involved, the middle doesn't explain why it needs transitions, and the latter seems way too technically-complex for a 2004 game.
    Tinfoil hat theory:

They don't attach to anything at all, and are the Iron Horde texture of 10.0, intentionally left in as a coded message for the expansion. (Time of Day) (Proximity) and (Weather[Fly])

So... World of Warcraft: Dawn of Distant Winds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    I'd like to point out the tweet where they ask what peons dream about...
    Oh my god. It is the emerald dream isn't it. It could be really good, but if it's more grand cosmic I'm going to be disappointed. Maybe it's og azeroth. The continent before the sundering. But more naturey.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Oh my god. It is the emerald dream isn't it. It could be really good, but if it's more grand cosmic I'm going to be disappointed. Maybe it's og azeroth. The continent before the sundering. But more naturey.
    Peons dream of working, they even put it in the poll. If anything I'd say that + the pictures of desolace would be in favor of a revamp, not an ED expansion.