Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Void vs Light got even more traction with the race page updates.
    I must've missed something, how did the updated race pages give void vs light more traction?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedril View Post
    I must've missed something, how did the updated race pages give void vs light more traction?
    Draenei race page plots it as the conflict being Velen's key detail
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Exactly. Plus, Old Gods were a part of the game at least since Vanilla, so people knew what to expect. If they teased the Eternal Ones way before Shadowlands, it could have worked as well. They didn't, they failed. Let's just hope they've learned their lessons.

By the way, I'm laughing so hard if Dragon Isles isn't the location for the next expansion and it's something completely different yet somehow related to Dragons. They perverted the South Seas expansions with the Battle for Azeroth theme, so let's just wait and see what's their twist for the Dragon stuff.
    The Void Lords have been a part of the game since TBC, did you not play TBC? One of the main races of TBC were the Ethereals, whose homeworld was devoured by Dimensius the All-Devouring, a Void Lord.

Chronicles merely revealed that the Void Lords, such as Dimensius, are the original creators of the Old Gods and the nemesis of the Titans.

Finally, in Legion, Alleria Windrunner would become the first mortal in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the whispers of the Void Lords.

- - - Updated - - -

Draenei race page plots it as the conflict being Velen's key detail
    Azeroth has always been the principal battleground of the Cosmic conflict. Already in MoP it was revealed that Azeroth was the "final Titan". So this is hardly surprising. All Cosmic powers want the Titan that is within Azeroth for their own ends, and recently N'Zoth the Old God was almost successful in taking control of the World Soul for the Void.

I expect the Void Lords and the AU Naaru (Naaru of the Lightbound) to make their move once the Janitor is out of the way, an opportunity would present itself with the defeat of both Fel (Legion) and Death (Shadowlands).
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-01-24 at 12:29 PM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I don't mean to come across as crass, but you're being intentionally obtuse. They're quite clearly Night Elvish bows, they eve strike a chord by reminding you of the Warcraft 3 NE bows. Additionally the mini arrows just lend further weight to them being bows. Not to mention the purple/wood brownish color setup
    Again, NE theme doesn’t match the overall theme. At what point were the NE directly involved with the Void or the Black dragon flight? Further, the overall design is too sterile for the Night Elves. NE at the core are forest based. Nothing in that border reflects that. There should be branches, leaves, etc. expressed, but there isn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Void Lords have been a part of the game since TBC, did you not play TBC? One of the main races of TBC were the Ethereals, whose homeworld was devoured by Dimensius the All-Devouring, a Void Lord.

Chronicles merely revealed that the Void Lords, such as Dimensius, are the original creators of the Old Gods and the nemesis of the Titans.

Finally, in Legion, Alleria Windrunner would become the first mortal in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the whispers of the Void Lords.
    You really cannot compare the Void Lords lore from TBC to the lore about the Void Lords established in the last decade or so. And yes, they have been properly teased a long time ago, which is the benefite in this case (and the reason why I compared it to the Jailer).

Void Lords in general will either be retconned again or we will never face them, as they would literally be the end of Warcraft.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

You really cannot compare the Void Lords lore from TBC to the lore about the Void Lords established in the last decade or so. And yes, they have been properly teased a long time ago, which is the benefite in this case (and the reason why I compared it to the Jailer).
    The point is that we knew since TBC that in the domain of the "Shadows" (before WoD started using the term "Void") there were both the Old Gods, who are fleshy behemoths, and the Void Lords, who are basically shadowy elementals/ghosts. We also knew that one of these Void Lords was powerful enough to devour an entire homeworld.

This cannot be compared to the Janitor, who didn't exist before Shadowlands. The Void Lords did exist before Chronicles, the Chronicles merely gave them a bigger spotlight and "retconned" them into the creators of the Old Gods, if you will (before Chronicles, it was assumed that no one created the Old Gods, they were simply born naturally...).

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree here, these are clearly reminiscent of Elven bows. It might refer to Alleria, Vereesa and Tyrande, heck maybe even Sylvanas. It just fits very well with the theme of Void (Alleria) and Tyrande being an important character again makes sense, too.
    Of those, only Alleria aligns with the void, but she doesn’t align with the old gods. Also the border doesn’t strike me as “Void”. Sylvanas is gone, and Vareesa really doesn’t have anything to do with either theme. Again, I can see how someone would say it looks like a bow, but given the general design of WoW logos, a streamlined appearance would lend itself to that shape.

Today or nay? If nay, what other day?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Maybe Tonay.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

If nay, what other day?
    Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

...what answer you expected?

7+ Year Old Account
    Since its Mike announcing stuff, it could be any day really.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Of those, only Alleria aligns with the void, but she doesn’t align with the old gods. Also the border doesn’t strike me as “Void”. Sylvanas is gone, and Vareesa really doesn’t have anything to do with either theme. Again, I can see how someone would say it looks like a bow, but given the general design of WoW logos, a streamlined appearance would lend itself to that shape.
    She uses the Void, but isn't aligned with it. It would be like saying that Demon Hunters and Warlocks are aligned with the Burning Legion because they use fel and demons

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    I think the biggest hypothetical twist could be that the Dragon Isles isn't a continent, just one small endgame zone or something while the rest of it takes place on older continents.
    There’s a few leaks that had us leveling in revamped zones and then going to dragon isles

- - - Updated - - -

Here’s some other leaked logos from the past couple years

10+ Year Old Account
    She uses the Void, but isn't aligned with it. It would be like saying that Demon Hunters and Warlocks are aligned with the Burning Legion because they use fel and demons
    I mean aligned as in she uses it's powers. Sort of like how a Burning Legion expansion would incorporate Illidan because he uses demonic power. That said, she doesn't have a connection with either Old Gods or Dragons. Especially not enough to represent a border around an expansion dealing with both. She is far more aligned with the cosmic void, as are the other void elves.

Beyond all of that, what's is cracking up top in the logo? Azeroth, a titan. What is currently under threat from the Old Gods after being weakened/injured by the jailer? A titan. Who imprisoned the Old Gods and empowered the dragons to protect Azeroth from the hour of twilight (notice the twilight in the background) the Titans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    There’s a few leaks that had us leveling in revamped zones and then going to dragon isles

- - - Updated - - -

Here’s some other leaked logos from the past couple years

[IMG]https://www.wepc.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/WoW-Awakenings-leak.jpg[IMG]
    Fake, its from this pre 9.2 announcement leak

It is worth noting that, in the Ren'dorei player intro, Alleria Windrunner cites the Dragons as an example of creatures who could not resist the whispers of the Void and were broken.

Maybe she could appear in a Dragon expansion to mock and roast the Dragons, like the Queen she is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It is worth noting that, in the Ren'dorei player intro, Alleria Windrunner cites the Dragons as an example of creatures who could not resist the whispers of the Void and were broken.

Maybe she could appear in a Dragon expansion to mock and roast the Dragons, like the Queen she is
    Perhaps, but that isn't nearly enough to theme the entire border of an expansion after her. I'm sure we will see her though, given the aftermath of Shadowlands, and more than likely as a set up for the expansion AFTER 10.0.

Fake, its from this pre 9.2 announcement leak

I know it’s fake but I mean it more as “hey let’s compare the two to see if it helps figure out the authenticity”

Perhaps, but that isn't nearly enough to theme the entire border of an expansion after her. I'm sure we will see her though, given the aftermath of Shadowlands, and more than likely as a set up for the expansion AFTER 10.0.
    I think that an expansion about the Light and Void would likely feature motifs and imagery that allude to both Alleria and Turalyon, like an arrow intertwined with plate armour.

I don't think this imagery would be in a logo about the Dragon Isles, which is why that leak is fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, NE theme doesn’t match the overall theme. At what point were the NE directly involved with the Void or the Black dragon flight? Further, the overall design is too sterile for the Night Elves. NE at the core are forest based. Nothing in that border reflects that. There should be branches, leaves, etc. expressed, but there isn’t.
    That it doesn't match the theme is irrelevant. They're quite clearly bows.