10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    "Patch 9.1 is the first content developed completely from work at home."

lol told you guys...

Next Water is a liquid and the Sky is blue.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-04-27 at 05:13 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

These First Ones shall be the deciding factor on whether or not Starcraft and Diablo slap WoW, or if WoW just fucking spanks their toddler asses LMAOOO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Next Water is aliquid and the Sky is blue.
    Or mf's will spew out that SL's gonna have 2 patches, despite the fact Blizzard's kinda on a rough delay schedule thing.

- - - Updated - - -

"There is more content already well in the way for the future and it is coming along well."

DOESN'T SOUND LIKE THEY'RE RUSHING HERE!!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    We really don't need a reason actually. We have spent over a decade both in-game and RL away from the old zones, at best getting a few snippets of who are at least still alive there from small things like what NPCs talked during the Legion invasion or random quests that take you back.

There is arguably far more reason to have a world revamp then there was reason to even have Vanilla way back, the amount of major events that have happened and presumably been recovered from is quite extensive.
    There have been 10 years at least since Cata had us running around Westfall. Sentinel hill was just being fortified, 10 years is more than enough time to have it become a proper military garrison, better yet a real town.
    Whatever happened in Andorhal, and did the fourth war affect it? We could asssume that it was settled by Forsaken after the ccataclysm, but now that Sylvanas is gone we have to wonder whether regular humans are trying to resettle it as well, with or without military help.

There is so much content that could be gleaned simply from an expansion where the big "event" is simply being sent to rediscover Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Could even link the idea that the Dragon Isles are floating to Skyhold flying.

Odyn separated Skyhold from Ulduar and made it fly because he was angry at the other keepers empowering the dragon aspects, could be a thoraway line that one or more of the keepers lifted up a landmass for the dragon to usse out of spite, could even have it be Helya honestly.
    Helya was the reason why Halls of Valor became Odyn's prison and made it separate from Ulduar. It was through her magic. Odyn was the reason why Helya became the first valkyr because his dislocated eye saw what was in the Shadowlands and can see whatever is happening there which is the Eye of the Jailer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Helya was the reason why Halls of Valor became Odyn's prison and made it separate from Ulduar..
    No, Odyn separated the Skyhold from Ulduar because he was angry they blessed the dragons which he deemed as lesser and unworthy.

Helya locking the Halls away in a pocket dimension came later, after Loken got corrupted and released her from Odyns control.

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they will ever make blood elf land alliance. Ever. Never. The drama will be never ending, in fact it will end, when thousand of BE players will stop playing out of protest.

But sure some funny scenarios will happen
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I don't think they will ever make blood elf land alliance. Ever. Never. The drama will be never ending, in fact it will end, when thousand of BE players will stop playing out of protest.

But sure some funny scenarios will happen
    Lordaeron and Quel'thalas look like they will be solidly Horde territory in the future, but with supposed neutral zones coming soon it would make sense if they allowed more travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    with supposed neutral zones coming soon
    What's this?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    What's this?
    Just how the game seems to be building up to a neutral theme or mechanic.

Also, no way would Calia not allow Alliance into her lands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just how the game seems to be building up to a neutral theme or mechanic.

Also, no way would Calia not allow Alliance into her lands.
    ...I think she would....Calia isn't anti Alliance or Alliance hostile.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...I think she would....Calia isn't anti Alliance or Alliance hostile.
    My double negative was confusing, I agree with you. If Calia is the racial leader in the future then her area will likely be open to both Alliance and Horde.

The question is the lore reason for why Nelves would allow Horde into their area (maybe cenarion circle).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My double negative was confusing, I agree with you. If Calia is the racial leader in the future then her area will likely be open to both Alliance and Horde.

The question is the lore reason for why Nelves would allow Horde into their area (maybe cenarion circle).
    Technically the Forsaken now is neutral. Sylvanas ressurected Night Elves and become part of the Forsaken ranks. Derek also being ressurected and now once again a Menethil stepping up to lead a leaderless Forsaken.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2021-04-27 at 06:25 PM.

Seems like 9.3 is gonna happen for sure, I don't think Ion would meme about SL being WoD 2.0 if that wasn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Seems like 9.3 is gonna happen for sure, I don't think Ion would meme about SL being WoD 2.0 if that wasn't the case.
    Maybe he's trying to do the Dad Approval thing, where your dad liking something you like makes it uncool; he's trying to beat the memes that way.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, Sylvi final boss of next tier, so here comes the obligatory:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone noticed that most of the foreshadowing for old world updates is mostly centered around the north half of Azeroth?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/787080331333206036/836621312247857235/unknown.png[/img]

Do we think they may update the upper half first?
    It's all or nothing. Having Northern Barrens be talking about Thrall being back and how there's a fledgling peace with the Alliance and then you cross to Southern Barrens and it's still Garrosh VS Varian would be too jarring.

Anyway other reason I'm here. Anyone else sad that Blizz is once again looking at Disc Priests? Like can they ever catch a break? First shields were too OP so they made them Fistweavers, now they do too much DPS so I bet fistweaving is on the way out.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Uhm... he said there will be a 9.2 - okay, who was questioning that? 9.2 is a given, 9.3 is not.

And by the sound of it, 9.1 seems to be away months, not weeks, which makes July the most likely month for release (if that wasn’t obvious anyway).

Tier sets in 9.2 is a nice surprise though.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-04-27 at 06:25 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Uhm... he said there will be a 9.2 - okay, who was questioning that? 9.2 is a given, 9.3 is not.
    It was preach who added the 9.2 bit.

Ion just made fun of the doomsayers and confirmed that this isn't gonna be another wod scenario.

Formerly known as Arafal

And by the sound of it, 9.1 seems to be away months, not weeks, which makes July the most likely month for release (if that wasn’t obvious anyway).

They said this expac will not be like WoD, and they’re playing catch up game. I assume we’ll see a 9.3

I have to assume he meant that there would be a 9.3. We assume a raid each patch, and to have more raids than WoD we have to have a 9.3 unless we are really trying to stretch and say a mini-raid is actually a proper raid.

Though then again, I guess noone would really consider 6.1 a real patch anyways, so it isnt completely unthinkable to say that WoD only had one major patch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It was preach who added the 9.2 bit.

Ion just made fun of the doomsayers and confirmed that this isn't gonna be another wod scenario.
    Another WoD scenario would be to have just one content patch. That this was never expected for Shadowlands was kinda obvious. With 9.2 Shadowlands already would have more content patches than WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    They said this expac will not be like WoD, and they’re playing catch up game. I assume we’ll see a 9.3
    That’s not what it means though. WoD only had one content patch, Shadowlands will have more than that with the existence of 9.2 already.

That’s at least my understanding of what was said.

Time will tell!

Still happy that Tier sets are finally making a return. Do y’all think they might be reminiscent of ICC tier sets?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-04-27 at 06:52 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again