Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoshuanEU View Post
    I don't think the time is weird, most of the announcements and things have been at 6 PM CET or somewhere early in the evening. Though it does differ. I don't think the time is biggest thing here, more the background and the usage of the 'leaked' EoD logo
    Actually you're right, The CET time isn't unusual for announcements.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by RoshuanEU View Post
    Ah right, my bad! Still it is fun, exploring and debunking this stuff to hold us over until actual things happen again. (announcements, patch releases, etc)
    Ikr
    I mean we have people looking at a logo and seeing
    Dragon horns
    Naaru
    Titan tech
    Elven armor and bows

I love it
    So much better than “hey guys did you see the flavor text on that weapon?”

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I'm sold! Westfall but on steroids, epic storylines about cowboys, Defias outlaws and harvesters gone rogue. Yeehaw!
    YO! That's actually genius though.

Give us a Magnificent Seven story in an updated Westfall. Gotta save Sentinel Hill from the Defias and teach the Farmers to fight.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Right, where are all my relevant / likely leaks at? Is it Dragon Isles? PPL knew it will be Shadowlands months in advance of SL announcement, so I take it the DI thing is happening?
    There was 1 shadowlands leak and it was 0% accurate outside of the name

- - - Updated - - -

What if the jailer was going to be successful in destroying Azeroth but Nozdormu sacrificed himself to stop it but since that isn’t his predicted death he becomes moruzond and there were other bronze dragons that were helping him and they also became infinite

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    Found in a discord

Looks like shit, and that's exactly why it might be real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    Found in a discord

Wow they took a popular logo that's been called fake several times over now and blacked it out.

It must be true.

Also February 4th? Like with only one week's notice at best? And before 9.2 launches? And not in prime time? Psh come the fuck on with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    It's so weird that they put the fake logo over it then decided to black it out. Like why not just have the normal WoW logo for this leak instead if you want to make it seem genuine.

Pretty goofy.
    Because the whole point is to try and make it seem like the logo is real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because the whole point is to try and make it seem like the logo is real.
    Yeah I'm sure this came out of the same "discord" the logo did.

Assuming there even is a discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Right, where are all my relevant / likely leaks at? Is it Dragon Isles? PPL knew it will be Shadowlands months in advance of SL announcement, so I take it the DI thing is happening?
    Dragon Isles is very likely, it is has been a popular fan idea for several expansions now, and Blizzard actively acknowledged its existence in BfA. Like Zandalar and Kul Tiras, it represents a significant landmass, but with higher potential and creative freedom than pretty much any other landmass in the lore.

I full expect another Shadowlands situation. 10.0 will be the Dragon Isles, but every single one of the leaks we've seen so far will be completely wrong on all the details besides the most arbitrary random educated guesses (dragonflight-themed zones, maybe Night elf paladins, etc.). If there is any leak, it will be minor blurbs <1 week before the announcement, like with BfA and SL. Not any of these dumb elaborate explanations of exactly how the 9.0->10.0 transition is happening, and all the features, and a bunch of details about what happens in each zone and an explanation of exactly how the new systems work and what their rewards are.

Dragon Isles is very likely, it is has been a popular fan idea for several expansions now, and Blizzard actively acknowledged its existence in BfA. Like Zandalar and Kul Tiras, it represents a significant landmass, but with higher potential and creative freedom than pretty much any other landmass in the lore.

I full expect another Shadowlands situation. 10.0 will be the Dragon Isles, but every single one of the leaks we've seen so far will be completely wrong on all the details besides the most arbitrary random educated guesses (dragonflight-themed zones, maybe Night elf paladins, etc.). If there is any leak, it will be minor blurbs <1 week before the announcement, like with BfA and SL. Not any of these dumb elaborate explanations of exactly how the 9.0->10.0 transition is happening, and all the features, and a bunch of details about what happens in each zone and an explanation of exactly how the new systems work and what their rewards are.
    I agree, I wonder when will the reveal be though.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean I don't know if it is Dragon Isles. Frankly there's been very little outside of those lore pointers in BFA to indicate it. Just... there isn't much shit left on Azeroth and either they were lying about a "grounded expansion" or not.

Far as stuff we know, I know our parrot friend had a rundown of stuff from Blizzard (aka datamined) that's unaccounted for. Biggest two being the HD Elwynn buildings and the Living World pointers.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Well, if there's a stream they usually reveal them on Tuesdays. I doubt it though, I think its just 9.2 Release Date this week. But, then again. Qwiks' tweet seems to indicate they are going to do streams ("videos" if you want to technically correct) for each active franchise.

Just uncertain if WoW will do that although historically we've done them before the Final Raid Cinematic. But they could also time it after the Raid Cinematic.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean I don't know if it is Dragon Isles. Frankly there's been very little outside of those lore pointers in BFA to indicate it. Just... there isn't much shit left on Azeroth and either they were lying about a "grounded expansion" or not.

Far as stuff we know, I know our parrot friend had a rundown of stuff from Blizzard (aka datamined) that's unaccounted for. Biggest two being the HD Elwynn buildings and the Living World pointers.
    I think it's quite possible Living World is something 10.0 related, but as it stands it's basically non-evidence. It could be anything at all and also entirely unrelated to the actual theme or setting of the expansion. It could be stuff for an Azeroth titan model used after the end of 9.2, it could be stuff for some alternate reality system in an Emerald Dream expansion, it could be not animations at all and just a little hint for dataminers towards a revamp expansion where zones function dynamically with different mobs/things happening based on the time of day, weather, or if there are players nearby.

I don't think a revamp is unlikely, it has been long enough and the playerbase has been clamoring for it, but I also think that Blizzard would probably take the Cata approach and do both revamp stuff and brand new regions--especially because current lore ports to a constructive revamp not a destructive one like Cata was, which means zones will not be wildly different, they will move towards healed, repaired towns, rebuilt ruins, etc. So a Dragon Isles is likely even in a revamp scenario.

An extremely worrying amount of people in this thread unaware that CET actually stands for Central European Time and not Eastern Standard Time (NA East Coast).

How awkward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feb 04th is a dead giveaway as to why this is fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    An extremely worrying amount of people in this thread unaware that CET actually stands for Central European Time and not Eastern Standard Time (NA East Coast).

How awkward.
    A single person suffering from sleep deprivation that didn't even say what you claim? I'm more worried about your reading comprehension.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Black Temple is dropping this week in BCC.

Not to burst anyone's hopes but that's probably the big WoW news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    He was still on board during 9.1 development

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowlands totally does that
    We had no clue those flowing robes were in any way connected
    Well that just further cements what people are saying imo. Of course, we wont know until 10.0. Lets hope 10.0 is good.

Lol, no. 10char

I mean, its unlikely its WoW news in the first place.

Ybarra is leader of Blizzard as whole. So what he discusses will likely be company wide initiatives rather than focused on one franchise in particular. But that said, its entirely possible he will unveil the replacement they have in mind for BlizzCon this year and potentially moving forward.