The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    10.0 is NOT going to be the last expansion. It'll likely be about the Light/Shadow conflict, sure...

But the First Ones also exist.
    It's only the final expansion once someone narrates "And so begins the final chapter in the story of..."

(One cookie if you get that reference.)

Anyway real reason I'm here. Saw an interesting tweet from WoWhead, apparently Forbes got Ion talking about the Faction Split, especially WRT raiding. He said that the factions are near identical at this point, and the only divide is a social one. But they are still grappling with ways to potentially make it easier to group with friends while not removing the iconicness of the Faction Split.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319365/...tion-imbalance

Again, I suspect the answer will be to make Mercenary Mode less of a pain in the ass to toggle, and letting it apply to LFG, LFR, and LFPVP.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    EXACTLY!!!

I'm sorry but your "leak" of stuff being "tested" is utter bullshit. Not one of those things is even being considered by Blizzard. And your assertion that achievements between Classic and Retail will intermingle is beyond stupid. Classics has no achievements what so ever. None! Zilch!!! Achievements weren't introduced until several expansions later and even in the current version of Classic there still is no achievements to be earned.
    Who said the achievements would be given on the classic version of the game? They are earned in classic versions but awarded on the retail version. This leak is 100% confirmed, same as PVE mercenary mode and grouping with friends cross faction using mercenary mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really looking forward to a Light vs Void expansion. I would prefer an expansion that's a bit more down to Earth, like an expansion dealing with the Undermine and a modernized Tanaris/Gadgetzhan;

Maybe even an expansion dealing with "The Machine War" that's supposedly taking place on Draenor and somewhere on Azeroth.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_War

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Not really looking forward to a Light vs Void expansion. I would prefer an expansion that's a bit more down to Earth, like an expansion dealing with the Undermine and a modernized Tanaris/Gadgetzhan;

Maybe even an expansion dealing with "The Machine War" that's supposedly taking place on Draenor and somewhere on Azeroth.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_War
    It's not totally implausible as being a big part of a "break" expansion, but I don't think we're yet at the point with WoW where they're going to make the central theme of an expansion be focused entirely on mechanized stuff. There was a long discussion about whether WoW was really "medieval fantasy" ever (it wasn't) but it is clearly a fantasy-focused game, and the focus is on the more magical end of fantasy, with the mechanical/steampunk elements kept to the side and as semi-optional stuff you can either engage with as an outsider (thus keeping your more magical fantasy intact) or make a bigger part of things (with engineering etc.).

So I'd expect this to be a subsidiary part of an expansion, rather than the focus. I also think this will only be a significant part of an expansion if they also want to launch a "Tinker"-type class - otherwise they're going to hold off on it (because it's not an urgent thing, but rather an ongoing thing) until and unless they decide to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Who said the achievements would be given on the classic version of the game? They are earned in classic versions but awarded on the retail version. This leak is 100% confirmed, same as PVE mercenary mode and grouping with friends cross faction using mercenary mode.
    I don't think you understand what "100% confirmed" means. What you're posting is basically "My uncle who works at Nintendo said...".

Cross-faction PvE has been rumoured as going to be in for the last three expansions (including this), and Blizzard themselves have mentioned wanting to do it since Vanilla. Hell, I had a friend who was in the F&F alpha group during Vanilla/TBC, and he claimed back then that Blizzard were considering a way to make the AQ raids cross-faction (which obviously never happened).

So even if you really do have an uncle who works at Blizzard or whatever, claiming this is "100% confirmed" as anything but "something they're thinking about doing" (which was "100% confirmed" long before you posted this lol), is meaningless. And as you own post said, everything is subject to change. Your "leak" post was just a laundry list of things people have wanted for a long time. I'm sure it's true that Blizzard have and/or are considering a lot of these things. Equally, if even 1/10th of that stuff is in 10.0, I'll be extremely surprised. Blizzard consider tons and tons and stuff they don't implement.

So yeah, no, until someone at Blizzard confirms they're working on something, it's not "100% confirmed", and even when they do that, it's not 100% likely it'll make the game (pressing F for Dance Studio here). Like, your music thing - I'm sure some rando at Blizzard things that's a great idea. Maybe they even told someone who told you. Does his boss think it's a good idea? Does Ion? Probably fucking not. Unless management are for it, it's pipe dream bollocks. Even if management are for it, it may well not happen.

I mean, your "leak" is most likely just you making up a bunch of stuff, but even if it was an actual "leak", it's completely incoherent, and the most likely explanation would be that someone pumped a very low-level Blizzard guy for information about stuff they'd "like" to do, or took a few photos of "ideas boards" from some blue-sky planning meeting at Blizzard. Which is not the same as something actually being worked on. Every large business discusses blue-sky ideas for the future, workshops stuff, looks at what could, potentially, be done. The vast majority of it goes absolutely nowhere.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2020-11-23 at 01:03 PM.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's only the final expansion once someone narrates "And so begins the final chapter in the story of..."

(One cookie if you get that reference.)
    End of patch 5.3.

Where's my damn cookie?

5+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what will come when in the 9.X order of things, but Obviously a big old Sylvnas/Jailer raid in the end. Possibly a mall raid in the very end to initiate a 10.0 Light/Void expansion.

I have not read up on any of the BETA materials being posted anywhere, so I don't know if any of my ideas will be debunked or confirmed from the get-go.

1: I'm interrested to see what's breaking down the mighty houses of Maldraxxus.
    Is it the Jailer, or another outside malevolent force, intruding during the soul-drought.

2: Will Uther end up corrupted, since his soul was split before entering The Shadowlands?
    Will he fall from grace, while we see Arthas rise from the ashes at some point?
    Or has the ascension erased the fact he has a wounded soul?

3: How was the machine of death broken, and how will we fix it?

4: Will we end up breaking the machine of death even more, with our meddeling in The Shadowlands?

Just a few of my thought from the top of my head.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no achievement tracking system in classic nor was there one in vanilla. The client itself does not track achievements. The only reason why people who had killed Ony or done other quests/kills prior to achievements being released got those achievements the day they were released is due to quests being tracked and can be viewed by the system or the player had a piece of gear in their possession from said boss the day the achievements went live (and even with just a piece of loot wasn't a guarantee you got the achievement). This "leak" is not 100% confirmed. If you want to go that route, please provide a link to this confirmation so we can view it until then its utter bullshit lies.

- - - Updated - - -

This leak is 100% confirmed
    Just to reaffirm some information to you. The speculation of Shadowlands was exactly that, speculation, until November 1, 2019 when Blizzard 100% confirmed this information to the public. Any and all speculation prior to that, regardless of if it was so & so's uncle who works for Blizzard or whatever, was pure speculation. There have been 100% confirmed leaks about there being an Emerald Dream expansion but as you know by now that hasn't happened. So again I ask, where is this posting by an official Blizzard employee that is qualified to speak on behalf of Blizzard about the validity of these SPECULATIONS you have listed? Link please or STFU

3+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so I was just thinking about how they'd have Rastakhan come back again. What would be a safe way to do it? Have Bwonsamdi ressurect him, or have the Ebon Blade do it?

I don't really want to create another thread about it, so I think asking here would be a good idea
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    There is no achievement tracking system in classic nor was there one in vanilla. The client itself does not track achievements. The only reason why people who had killed Ony or done other quests/kills prior to achievements being released got those achievements the day they were released is due to quests being tracked and can be viewed by the system or the player had a piece of gear in their possession from said boss the day the achievements went live (and even with just a piece of loot wasn't a guarantee you got the achievement). This "leak" is not 100% confirmed. If you want to go that route, please provide a link to this confirmation so we can view it until then its utter bullshit lies.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to reaffirm some information to you. The speculation of Shadowlands was exactly that, speculation, until November 1, 2019 when Blizzard 100% confirmed this information to the public. Any and all speculation prior to that, regardless of if it was so & so's uncle who works for Blizzard or whatever, was pure speculation. There have been 100% confirmed leaks about there being an Emerald Dream expansion but as you know by now that hasn't happened. So again I ask, where is this posting by an official Blizzard employee that is qualified to speak on behalf of Blizzard about the validity of these SPECULATIONS you have listed? Link please or STFU
    Relax please. It’s an “idea” leak which is just that, a bunch of ideas already discussed internally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Relax please. It’s an “idea” leak which is just that, a bunch of ideas already discussed internally.
    Then you have no idea what you're talking about when you say "This leak is 100% confirmed" nor do you understand the concept behind the word "confirmed".

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Ok, so I was just thinking about how they'd have Rastakhan come back again. What would be a safe way to do it? Have Bwonsamdi ressurect him, or have the Ebon Blade do it?

I don't really want to create another thread about it, so I think asking here would be a good idea
    Bwomsamdi would probably not be too keen on it given he's part of the whole Death thing. So probably Ebon Blade/Bolvar.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Bwomsamdi would probably not be too keen on it given he's part of the whole Death thing. So probably Ebon Blade/Bolvar.
    I think Bwonsamdi would probably get pretty annoyed at the Ebon Blade at that point but maybe not. He's getting messed around with and he might find it hillarious.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

There's build-up for an ENTIRE patch about the Light/Void in Shadowlands. There are several mentions throughout the questing experience of these cosmic forces launching many invasions against the Shadowlands. For example, near the Seat of the Primus there is an entire battlefield littered with the corpses of those who fell defending Maldraxxus from the Void. We also know that Alleria Windrunner, while intent on helping Turalyon rebuild the Alliance, also seeks to witness Sylvanas' final defeat (it also isn't hard to cross the veil, see Taelia and Calia who somehow got to Oribos). I think there is solid build-up for a mid-patch focusing on cosmic powers other than Death.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    There's build-up for an ENTIRE patch about the Light/Void in Shadowlands. There are several mentions throughout the questing experience of these cosmic forces launching many invasions against the Shadowlands. For example, near the Seat of the Primus there is an entire battlefield littered with the corpses of those who fell defending Maldraxxus from the Void. We also know that Alleria Windrunner, while intent on helping Turalyon rebuild the Alliance, also seeks to witness Sylvanas' final defeat (it also isn't hard to cross the veil, see Taelia and Calia who somehow got to Oribos). I think there is solid build-up for a mid-patch focusing on cosmic powers other than Death.
    Sounds more like hinst at next expansion, just like all death themed stuff in BfA. It's not like we will spend 5 expansions in Shadowlands, patches should be all about exploring new SL realms.

Btw, still I don't believe we will have 9.1 reveal on Blizzconline, it's waaaay too late. In Legion and even BfA we learned about X.1 patch very soon, Blizzard know that having something to wait for is very important, even if current patch is solid.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-11-27 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Sounds more like hinst at next expansion, just like all death themed stuff in BfA. It's not like we will spend 5 expansions in Shadowlands, patches should be all about exploring new SL realms.
    There will definitely be an expansion fully devoted to the Light and Void, but there can also be a mid-patch about it in Shadowlands. The build-up is all around very strong. There are past references to the Light and Void in literally every single questing zone, except maybe Ardenweald. Bastion was invaded by Light and Void, Maldraxxus was invaded by Light and Void, Revendreth was literally scorched by a Naaru... I think there is very solid build-up. One zone could be an outlier. Maybe even two. But when three out of four zones have references to invasions from the Light and Void, I think Blizzard is onto something here. The build-up for Shadowlands in BfA is not comparable. Only Drustvar and maybe Nazmir had to do with that theme.

We could explore a realm that is currently being invaded by the Void or the Light, we could even explore a realm that has been TAKEN OVER by either of these forces. Maybe that realm could be the home of the Brokers. These trifling beings have meddled with many cosmic powers in the past, so it wouldn't surprise me if these powers now sought retribution.

Plus, we already have Calia for the Horde, Alleria is on her way to the Shadowlands for the Alliance... there would already be a cast of major characters for that patch.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The build-up for Shadowlands in BfA is not comparable. Only Drustvar and maybe Nazmir had to do with that theme.
    Lol, no. It's exactly other way around.

Whole Drustvar zone is about side threat connected more to SL than BfA. Bwomsandi stuff take huge chunk of Nazmir story. Beside that we had Sylvanas talking about death every 5 minutes (still talking only about 8.0-8.1), Voljin questline with Lich King, Odyn and others, Bwomsandi heavy presence in whole Zandalar his important role in BoD raid. PS: And whole deal with Derek and Calia, how could I forgot.

It was so clear everyone started predicting some kind of death expansion pretty soon.

SL has few mentions about battles with Void and Light and sites to explore if you like to look around, but it's always side thing. It's really not comparable, but in other direction.

the current trend is that we see the undertones of the next expansion in the current one. there was elements of fel and the burning legion in wod. there were elements of the void in legion. there were many hints of death being an adversary in bfa. guldan's arc started out in wod. queen azshara started out in legion. the drust and bwonsamdi etc started in bfa.

i think its pretty clear that, if this pattern repeats with SL, its going to be Tyrande Whisperwind and arcane. I would wager the enemy in 10.0 hails from the arcane sphere of magic, is aligned with order, etc. this could involve Malygos. Maybe the ethereals?

Now I won't say I'm 100% correct in the next thing I am going to say. But, the champion activates the ancient waygate to escape the Maw. What makes the champion so special? They are infused with the Heart of Azeroth and azerite which is arcane power. The Jailer sees this and says "Interesting...". The Jailer knows Tyrande is also in the Maw, likely captured, and she is incredibly proficient in arcane. So the Jailer seeing us activate the waygate might give him the idea that if he can corrupt Tyrande, she can open all the waygates with arcane power and free the Jailer.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2020-11-27 at 06:49 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think Bwonsamdi would probably get pretty annoyed at the Ebon Blade at that point but maybe not. He's getting messed around with and he might find it hillarious.

'Ya made ANOTHA Zandalari Death Knight? Dis be da tenth one dis week! Ya must have otha races to raise, right mon?'
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Confirmed, the game will be more fun than it has ever been before in 9.1 and beyond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed, the game will be more fun than it has ever been before in 9.1 and beyond.
    By what? I mean SL is fun but what are you hinting at? Can't just say it and leave >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi