Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    So when you become annoying for some you need to die ?
    In media yes that’s how it works

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Soo, it would be exactly as annoucing patches for Legion (it was after 7.1 launch, but before Nighthold release) and BfA. I haven't see any comments "who cares about Guldan, we will kill Kil'jaeden in 6+ months".

It could work for revealing expansion before patch if current is super boring (for sure didn't work for Antorus), but not really for patches.
    Perhaps, though I see it more like 8.1, 8.1.5, and 8.2. Both 8.1.5 & 8.2 were announced at Blizzcon about a month before 8.1 came out (and 2 months before BoDA raid), and the general sentiment I saw in the WoW crowd for 8.1 was general malaise. Perhaps that was just due to 8.1 really not having a ton of content outside of the raid and a Warfront, but people really just didn't seem to care much about 8.1. Or maybe it was due to 8.1 not really giving as strong a fix to Azerite as 8.2 already announced.

That would be more my fear, though your point about Nighthold and 7.2 is a good point. Perhaps it's just about making sure that 9.1 still has stuff to keep people excited rather than just feeling like filler until the next patch.

If the Necrolord and Venthyr campaigns merge for the ending, what are the chances the Kyrian and Night Fae campaigns will do the same thing?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    If the Necrolord and Venthyr campaigns merge for the ending, what are the chances the Kyrian and Night Fae campaigns will do the same thing?
    It’s possible but the Necrolords lore wise should be involved at some point in all the other Covenants.

They are the Defenders of the Shadowlands.
    Imo would make sense after Maldraxxus is fixed they begin helping the other Covenants and any future zones blizzard adds.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    It’s possible but the Necrolords lore wise should be involved at some point in all the other Covenants.

They are the Defenders of the Shadowlands.
    Imo would make sense after Maldraxxus is fixed they begin helping the other Covenants and any future zones blizzard adds.
    The reason I wonder this is because if you mouse over the Kyrian storyline in the UI, one of the later titles mentions Ardenweald.

If they do merge, well, that's the two stereotypical Alliance-fitting ones together, and the two stereotypical Horde-fitting ones together.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    In media yes that’s how it works
    No, thats not how it works. That just seems to be a fan thing.

Sigh, I still think we should either make new thread or rename this one. I see many speculations for 10.0 and I was hoping we will have something like patch speculations for BfA.
    I think it would be fine to just do the discussing here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

for a X-pac 10.0 something like...

They say any realm is reachable with a bit of effort.... What about something like the mages of kirin tor were messing around trying to research new portals and they accidently open up one to another realm, which could cause the creatures from there to spill into our realm and cause problems.. Then we end up going to the realm to fix the mistakes we've caused....

We will eventually assault the maw where it seems at least 4 big bands will be
    1. Helya
    2. KT
    3. Sylvanas
    4. Terragrue
    You left out Tyranda and Anduin as bosses :P

Sort of joking but they are both in the Maw and based on the spoiler cinematic between Anduin and Sylvanas we know they are trying to use him as a weapon but Sylvanas wants to bring him to their side willingly. Tyranda is going insane from nightwarrior power and based on Night Fae story this week we know a previous nightwarrior ended up killing himself and his partner rather than helping.

I think there's a strong possibility we could see them both as raid bosses of some sort, maybe not necessarily a direct kill and loot fight.

The reason I wonder this is because if you mouse over the Kyrian storyline in the UI, one of the later titles mentions Ardenweald.

If they do merge, well, that's the two stereotypical Alliance-fitting ones together, and the two stereotypical Horde-fitting ones together.
    Kyrians work together with each realm in their story.

They ARE however the most close with the Night Fae based on their dialogue.

Can see something like this happening to be honest. I'm curious to see how will they tie everything up in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

I'd love to have a 10.0 Dragon Isles with 10.1 focusing on the fall of Nozdormu.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, thats not how it works. That just seems to be a fan thing.

I think it would be fine to just do the discussing here.
    In stories when a character loses a majority of support from fans they tend to be removed

10+ Year Old Account
    In stories when a character loses a majority of support from fans they tend to be removed
    And in the case of Jaina, Tyrande or Sylvanas, that is not even true at all.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by mrcodez View Post
    You left out Tyranda and Anduin as bosses :P

Sort of joking but they are both in the Maw and based on the spoiler cinematic between Anduin and Sylvanas we know they are trying to use him as a weapon but Sylvanas wants to bring him to their side willingly. Tyranda is going insane from nightwarrior power and based on Night Fae story this week we know a previous nightwarrior ended up killing himself and his partner rather than helping.

I think there's a strong possibility we could see them both as raid bosses of some sort, maybe not necessarily a direct kill and loot fight.
    The other night warrior didn’t go crazy and murder

As far as Anduin is concerned Sylvanas and the jailer are gonna use him like the rune carver

Maldraxxus definitely has the most firm grasp on what their story would be, even after a hypothetical Naxxramas 3.0 raid. That being forced nding the Primus, uniting the last houses and after that generally being the military wing of the Shadowlands (which admittedly doesn't really work when all the other covenants presumably have adventurers as well fixing their shit)

What I wonder is what is going to happen forwards with the Venthyr. It is already running out of steam and we are only barely halfway, I cannot imagine what the story will end up being a patch or two forward, There is only so much angry Kael'tgas can be stomached before it grows old

Kyrians has a good story fleshed out in eventually finding Arthas, and the Night far should be good until 9.2 at least.

Really cannot wait for the next story dump to show up, I am so incredibly invested in helping Maldraxxus right now.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And in the case of Jaina, Tyrande or Sylvanas, that is not even true at all.
    not yet
    however we did see jaina completely disappear during legion
    just saying its a common thing that will likely happen

back on topic though we will definitely see these things in patches
    intro skip
    torghast account wide layer unlock
    dealing with the drust
    dealing with brokers
    dealing with the allies of the jailer
    an assault on the arbiter
    more soul binds

what i hope we see
    the jailer claiming victory
    winter queen lore expanded
    Uther vs Arthas 2 electric boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Maldraxxus definitely has the most firm grasp on what their story would be, even after a hypothetical Naxxramas 3.0 raid. That being forced nding the Primus, uniting the last houses and after that generally being the military wing of the Shadowlands (which admittedly doesn't really work when all the other covenants presumably have adventurers as well fixing their shit)

What I wonder is what is going to happen forwards with the Venthyr. It is already running out of steam and we are only barely halfway, I cannot imagine what the story will end up being a patch or two forward, There is only so much angry Kael'tgas can be stomached before it grows old

Kyrians has a good story fleshed out in eventually finding Arthas, and the Night far should be good until 9.2 at least.

Really cannot wait for the next story dump to show up, I am so incredibly invested in helping Maldraxxus right now.
    They got enough content to play around with multiple patches if they want this expansion to last a big longer than usual...

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcodez View Post
    Calling it now, Arthas will be a regular dungeon boss.
    Dungeon releases before you unlock the rest of your covenant campaign that explains how we found him and we why are killing him.
    It is pretty ridiculous the raid came out before finding out how Kael ended up there.

At least I'm fairly sure that's the case.

- - - Updated - - -

If you did this week's you'd know Kyrians will be visiting every covenant as it's pretty much flat out stated. So I'm fairly sure each one will intersect with each other at some point.

Curious to see how many more dungeons they gonna implement.

Bastion might get a raid.
    If you look at the skybox behind Elysium Hold, there's a silhouetted building/s in the background. Might be just something to look at but maybe not...
    I had a all Night Elf Guild in Vanilla