Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    My guess is they will talk about 9.1.5 and most likely some of 9.2 unless Blizzard is actually trying to pull a case where there are only 2 major patches, which seems highly unlikely unless they are banking on a massive 10.0 to balance it out.
    I have no idea what it has to do with SL having 3 or 2 major patches. Revealing 9.2 now would be stupid cause it takes whole attention from 9.1 which isn't even on PTR.

I have feeling 10.0 may be massive expansion that will launch somewhere in 2023 instead of 2022. But in this case 4th season would help to fill time. Also after all news Anduin looks like strong candidate for S3 boss (and obviously Jailer for S4).

People often forget WoD had so few patches not because they pulled resources after launch. We had rumors about WoD being two tier expac (Highmaul + BRF was tier 1) way before premiere. We will never know full picture, but most likely they tried (or were forced) to implement that stupid yearly expansions idea and at some point in 2014 WoD was redesgined to fit that format.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm not sure they did.....
    You have to actively keep it open, and i doubt they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I have no idea what it has to do with SL having 3 or 2 major patches. Revealing 9.2 now would be stupid cause it takes whole attention from 9.1 which isn't even on PTR.

I have feeling 10.0 may be massive expansion that will launch somewhere in 2023 instead of 2022. But in this case 4th season would help to fill time. Also after all news Anduin looks like strong candidate for S3 boss (and obviously Jailer for S4).

People often forget WoD had so few patches not because they pulled resources after launch. We had rumors about WoD being two tier expac (Highmaul + BRF was tier 1) way before premiere. We will never know full picture, but most likely they tried (or were forced) to implement that stupid yearly expansions idea and at some point in 2014 WoD was redesgined to fit that format.
    They have to present ssomething. We know that they will talk about 9.1, but they are not going to get a better chance at talking about 9.2 than now, even more important as 9.1 is likely quite close even with 9.0.5.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Not a fan of the new zone being part of The Maw. Tired of that place aesthetically already.

10+ Year Old Account

They wanted to do yearly expansions for man years and well when they uhhh tried to commit(Wod) well it was a woops

P.S. Don't take it as me hating on WoD, I loved it if it was treated like Mop Legion and BFA content delivery(big content patches and such).

If Blizz wants Shadowlands to last longer then all the other expansions to date... I aint complaining.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They have to present ssomething. We know that they will talk about 9.1, but they are not going to get a better chance at talking about 9.2 than now, even more important as 9.1 is likely quite close even with 9.0.5.
    They don't. We won't even have PTR until next month (I hope 9.1 PTR will start right after 9.0.5 launch). Patch isn't even officially revealed, all we have is leaked summary - from today. Tomorrow all info will be fresh. And as I said, revealing chapter 3 while we still learning about chapter 2 would be really, really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They wanted to do yearly expansions for man years and well when they uhhh tried to commit(Wod) well it was a woops

P.S. Don't take it as me hating on WoD, I loved it if it was treated like Mop Legion and BFA content delivery(big content patches and such).

If Blizz wants Shadowlands to last longer then all the other expansions to date... I aint complaining.
    I could honestly see Blizzard cutting SL short by a patch, but only if the intent is to have 10.0 be a world revamp expansion that requires as much time as it can possibly get. It wouldnt be a good idea necessarily, but I could in theory see it happen.

I do doubt it though. Blizzard has a good thing going with the 3 main patch setup, and I doubt they want this expansion to be the one that breaks the streak.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could honestly see Blizzard cutting SL short by a patch, but only if the intent is to have 10.0 be a world revamp expansion that requires as much time as it can possibly get. It wouldnt be a good idea necessarily, but I could in theory see it happen.

I do doubt it though. Blizzard has a good thing going with the 3 main patch setup, and I doubt they want this expansion to be the one that breaks the streak.
    I could see them cutting it short a patch just to get back "on schedule."

Like I said in the Blizzconline thread, it's weird to think with us still in 9.0 but this November should be the 10.0 reveal normally.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I could see them cutting it short a patch just to get back "on schedule."

Like I said in the Blizzconline thread, it's weird to think with us still in 9.0 but this November should be the 10.0 reveal normally.
    That would not put them back on schedule, short term gain for the schedule but....a problem in the long term. Terrible idea.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They could do what they did during 7.2 and 8.2 blizzcon panels (with argus and N'zoth fish) and show some concept art.

Well, that's Anduin ruined.

My guess for next patches -

9.1 - Lich Anduin is born! We fight Sylvanas in raid... until 5%... then she turns around and decides she's been trying to help us this whole time #5DChess

9.2 - We have to find Arthas as for some contrived reason he's the only one who can help Anduin

9.3 - We beat Jailer with Anduin and Arthas' help and Arthas becomes the new jailer.

Then probably -

Sylvanas goes back to Orgrimmar as a hero who helped save everyone but the Alliance warns her "If you fail to uphold honor, we will end you!" YES! #AllianceFistPumpMoment!

9.3.5 Some quest about Anduin teaching Tyrande how she needs to learn forgiveness to be a real leader
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2021-02-18 at 08:39 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    They could do what they did during 7.2 and 8.2 blizzcon panels (with argus and N'zoth fish) and show some concept art.
    Yeah. And they have that card - Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    My guess for next patches -

9.2 - Lich Anduin is born! We fight Sylvanas in raid... until 5%... then she turns around and decides she's been trying to help us this whole time #5DChess

9.2.5 - We have to find Arthas as for some contrived reason he's the only one who can help Anduin

9.3 - We beat Jailer with Anduin and Arthas' help and Arthas becomes the new jailer.

Then probably -

Sylvanas goes back to Orgrimmar as a hero who helped save everyone but the Alliance warns her "If you fail to uphold honor, we will end you!" YES! #AllianceFistPumpMoment!

9.3.5 Some quest about Anduin teaching Tyrande how she needs to learn forgiveness to be a real leader
    Be careful there are leaks abound atm

- - - Updated - - -

Arthas will return to life and become high king of the Allaince!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well I hope we all like Faction Wars because once we kill Anduin you can bet that Turalyon will nuke Orgrimmar with the Xenedar.

And then find out he's just being controlled by the Light and the Light is invading.

It'll probably be something like.... Lightwalkers.
    I think next expac is going to be about Light and Shadow, really. With Light starting the shit off.

And no, I don't see Anduin dying. I think we'll go to the Planes of Life and get some Life Essence in order to cleanse Anduin from his death corruption.

Would be a pretty cool twist if in 9.2 it turns out the Jailer and Arbiter are two parts of the same being - and rightful ruler and balance-keeper of Shadowlands. Then the end patch we're fighting all the Covenant leaders who destroyed him in the first place instead.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I think next expac is going to be about Light and Shadow, really. With Light starting the shit off.

And no, I don't see Anduin dying. I think we'll go to the Planes of Life and get some Life Essence in order to cleanse Anduin from his death corruption.

Latter is likely albeit maybe not even involving that specific scenario. The former no but thats very dependant what the side narrative is throughout the expansion. If for some reason a Naaru pops up on Azeroth....well..... read the subtext.

Warrior-Magi

Sylvanas: "There must always be a Jailer."

Arthas: "Place the chains around my wrists, Sylvanas!"
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

If 10.0 is something huge like Cata 2/ another Azeroth revamp with things like Quel'thalas in the main world and new cities, then yeah I can see Shadowlands being a shorter expansion. Both so the devs can continue to pour in the huge amount of resources needed for it and for fans to not feel like they're "stuck" in Shadowlands when they'll desperately want to get back to new Azeroth.

That being said there's still room for a detour inbetween the Maw and the Jailer's end destination (likely the Sepulcher) but I can see them shortening the expansion as well. All the base assets for the zones are in at the moment (armor, mounts etc) and now that the Broker realm is being explored we're kind of "out" of Shadowlands specific realms save for anything from the Inbetween.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Latter is likely albeit maybe not even involving that specific scenario. The former no but thats very dependant what the side narrative is throughout the expansion. If for some reason a Naaru pops up on Azeroth....well..... read the subtext.
    It probably won't follow that specific scenario, but I do see Life playing a part this expac. Whatcha mean you don't agree with the Former? I'm certain that's where the plot is headed. Doubt it'll just be a Turalyon and Light alone scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    If 10.0 is something huge like Cata 2/ another Azeroth revamp with things like Quel'thalas in the main world and new cities, then yeah I can see Shadowlands being a shorter expansion. Both so the devs can continue to pour in the huge amount of resources needed for it and for fans to not feel like they're "stuck" in Shadowlands when they'll desperately want to get back to new Azeroth.

That being said there's still room for a detour inbetween the Maw and the Jailer's end destination (likely the Sepulcher) but I can see them shortening the expansion as well. All the base assets for the zones are in at the moment (armor, mounts etc) and now that the Broker realm is being explored we're kind of "out" of Shadowlands specific realms save for anything from the Inbetween.
    Why would they shorten Shadowlands? We still have to figure out wtf they're going to do with Anduin, we don't have the Arbiter up yet, the inbetween has still yet to be explored, and we don't even know how the Drust plot's going to end. Hell, we're not even on 9.1 yet. We got a LOT of time for 10.0 man, trust me. And if Blizzard has to break the 2 year rule for it, then so be it.

Also, regarding the Sepulcher, pretty sure that's why we're going to Korthia.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is funny. The Jailer just randomly takes a long lost land of the Shadowlands and brings that shit to the Maw. Mf really just said "I WANT THE SECRETS NOW, FIRST ONES! BRING THAT SHIT OVER HERE!!!!!"