I feel like a world revamp that slowly updates zones like the Warfronts did is more likely, but I hope a big 10.0 revamp is coming still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Maybe blizzard has something planned we arent expecting and the maw stuff is actually only the start.
    INB4 we spend all patches in the Maw and the Jailer slowly turns it into a mini continent with 2 or 3 new zones added to the base layout. Jump down the hole in Oribos to go to the second continent lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    INB4 we spend all patches in the Maw and the Jailer slowly turns it into a mini continent with 2 or 3 new zones added to the base layout. Jump down the hole in Oribos to go to the second continent lol.
    That actually sounds really cool. But considering Shadowlands has infinite realms, I'd rather we visit those, but the idea of building a mini continent throughout an expansion sounds badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I think there's definitely room for a meaty 9.2 with lots of new art assets yeah (Broker stuff was already worked on with how many assets they have in launch, same as a Maw expansion/raid) but it's also not exactly necessary at the moment. It's incredibly likely Jailer will break out at the end of 8.1 and his final showdown will take place elsewhere... but that showdown could come right after he breaks out.

I think of all possibilities the Gardens of Life will be the zone expansion based on things like the Drust, the fact the Gardens were namedropped in SL for the first time, Eonar/Elune being kind of a B-plot right now and the possibility of a dual Death/Life theme. It can also be like Argus/the Nether where they don't think they could make an entire expansion in the Life Realm and instead give us a "Greatest Hits" version of it with multiple zones.

As it doesn't look like we're getting a Broker zone after all I'd say we're due for at least one legitimate new zone the size of Nazjatar. City of Secrets probably won't be bigger than Mechagon but I'd like to be surprised.
    Actually, you may be onto something. The brokers aren't telling us something. What if they are to the first ones as Titan constructs are to the titans? Maybe they forgot? Maybe they are bad? But they wouldn't make a ton of new art for a dungeon alone.

9.2 might be The broker homeworld with the Sepulcher? A Sepulcher is a tomb for a dead/sleeping (usually important) person/being. Maybe the first ones are sleeping/dead and the brokers forgot about them and can't open it? Maybe they are trying to reawaken them? Maybe they are trying to prevent us from getting to it so they can remain free/in control?

Either way, I don't think this dungeon is the last of the Brokers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I know, right? Well, if you want my take on the ending of the Torghast raid? I think we're gonna get something like the Halls of Reflection, where Sylvanas is defeated but not killed, Anduin pops in, but then the Jailer shows up last second. The Jailer then finally shows his true power, and we're left with no choice but to escape the raid. As we run back to whence we came, we see the Jailer's pure power dismantle the covenant armies in the background, and while the Jailer is running after us, we have to dodge AOE attacks from him while he's simple WALKING AND STARRING US DOWN! Then, we'll get a cinematic where the covenant leaders all retreat back to Oribos.

There, in 9.2, we go to the Gardens of Life and explore more of that, we stop the Jailer's forces there, etc, and while that happens, the Jailer is going to try and find a way to Oribos from the Maw VIA using the Inbetween to his advantage.

That's what I think will happen, tbh. I think the 9.2 stuff is likely going to happen, and it could make sense, especially the Life stuff, especially if we're going to try and uncorrupt Anduin (I mean...what counters Death, ya know? lol And the Drust aren't completely gone yet, as well), but the Torghast raid thing is just a hope of mine.

I REALLY, REALLY want to see the Jailer actually do something. The guy just hasn't felt powerful yet. I seriously need a Halls of Reflection moment where he dismantles us all.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I wonder what Korthia is going to house. It's called the City of Secrets, ye? Does that mean the Sepulcher's there as well? Will we get more info on who the First Ones actually are? I assume so. This does seem to be a very well hidden place, for a reason.
    I didnt think of that, but maybe Korinthia is part of or the Broker zone? So 9.1 is Mechagon and the dungeon. 9.2 will be Nazjatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Actually, you may be onto something. The brokers aren't telling us something. What if they are to the first ones as Titan constructs are to the titans? Maybe they forgot? Maybe they are bad? But they wouldn't make a ton of new art for a dungeon alone.

9.2 might be The broker homeworld with the Sepulcher? A Sepulcher is a tomb for a dead/sleeping (usually important) person/being. Maybe the first ones are sleeping/dead and the brokers forgot about them and can't open it? Maybe they are trying to reawaken them? Maybe they are trying to prevent us from getting to it so they can remain free/in control?

Either way, I don't think this dungeon is the last of the Brokers.

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt think of that, but maybe Korinthia is part of or the Broker zone? So 9.1 is Mechagon and the dungeon. 9.2 will be Nazjatar?
    It seemed like the megadungeon might be the end of the Broker subplot though. From the sounds of it the dungeon is in fact at least their main hub of trade, so I can't really imagine what seeing more of t would accomplish.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Fast in the sense that the story within the patches are moving quite fast. Based on the leaked press kit 9.1 already has us attack Torghast, and while the Jailer is not confirmed to be there it is still a story development that would usually be saved for the end unless Blizzard is gearing for a massive twist at the end.
    Same with the flying. We don't usually get it this quickly for obvious reasons. Why Blizzard wants to give it this early doesnt really make sense unless Blizzard has either capitulated to those who don't want good ground content or they are intending to end it early.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not about hte patch itself releasing early or late, but rather that the story seems ot be moving awfully fast considering what we can assume is the endgame of the Jailer attacking Oribos and/or Azeroth.

Most likely this is because of a twist with teh Jailer's plans or Sylvanas being up to shenanigans, but the leak already confirms that we will have united the covenants and mostly pushed back the Jailer by the end. Usually we could have expected the final patch and raid after such massive developments, which points to either a shorter story or a massive twist.

Regardless we will find out tomorrow. Most likely it is a giant twist, but a shorter expansion is in theory possible if we strictly assume that 10.0 is a massive undertaking that Blizzard wants as much time spent developing as possible.
    dude....we are attacking the maw not the jailer himself
    sylvanas is the guldan of this expansion
    the covenants were united at the end of the torghast questlines
    9.3 is happening
    9.2 will be a breather patch
    8.1 didnt mean the game was gonna be short just because we had an alliance invasion of the zandalari

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    That actually sounds really cool. But considering Shadowlands has infinite realms, I'd rather we visit those, but the idea of building a mini continent throughout an expansion sounds badass.
    there still blank stuff on the map of the maw

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    there still blank stuff on the map of the maw
    You mean empty space for more stuff? Because i filled out the entire maw map within the first few weeks.

I actually wouldn't mind if Shadowlands lasts longer, I am enjoying it way more than BFA.

If it gave them time to work on a world revamp or something, I would be fine with 6 years of being in the Shadowlands lmao worth it.
    Yeah I do think BFA lasted way too long... I couldn't play it straight for any patch. Now for Shadowlands I'm actually interested in staying around... It's fun stuff and nothing that is forcing me to grind or do some boring stuff.

Honestly the game is in a good shape right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Yeah I do think BFA lasted way too long... I couldn't play it straight for any patch. Now for Shadowlands I'm actually interested in staying around... It's fun stuff and nothing that is forcing me to grind or do some boring stuff.

Honestly the game is in a good shape right now.
    Well, enjoy next 2(?) years, very likely 10.0 will be back to 7.0 level of grind. Now people scream for more gear, but you will start hearing familiar "nothing to do" as soon as Blizzard increase drop rates.

You mean empty space for more stuff? Because i filled out the entire maw map within the first few weeks.
    yeah i mean empty space apparently theres room north of the beast warrens where stuff is blocked according to the wonderful forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well, enjoy next 2(?) years, very likely 10.0 will be back to 7.0 level of grind. Now people scream for more gear, but you will start hearing familiar "nothing to do" as soon as Blizzard increase drop rates.
    The drop rates were a problem, it didn't feel really good going through raid and not getting...much or if at all.

one dimensional goody-two shoes!

...There's nothing wrong with being a good person in a story...ffs stop it.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-02-19 at 02:52 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I wonder wether the weekly events are getting an overhaul.

The ingame calender shows no more weekly events for April through the rest of the year. Can it be an oversight? ....

Also, I hope they don't make Anduin Horde, too... as much as I despise that character, but the Alliance has but lost on all fronts despite according to Blizzard to win the Fourth War. They could have at least taken back Hillsbrad Foothills....

(thanks, Blizzard for ruining Anduin. He was a cool character until MoP! After that he became a one dimensional goody-two shoes!)

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like a world revamp that slowly updates zones like the Warfronts did is more likely, but I hope a big 10.0 revamp is coming still.
    New capital for night elves? I'm in!

Also: where in the world is Malfurion in the current game? He is nowhere to be found... this seems silly. How would he stand back when everyone else is working their asses off?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The drop rates were a problem, it didn't feel really good going through raid and not getting...much or if at all.
    Drop rates are fine, but they are designed for your "average" luck. While in BfA/Legion people in unlucky runs got 1 or 2 items, now they get nothing. So good solution is some bad luck protection or currency that gives you specific piece after some tries.

Maybe Blizzard will go that way and extend lifespan of this loot system, but it won't last forever no matter what.

Also there is thing with open world grind - some people just like it for power progression. They were silent during BfA/Legion, cause game was tailored for them, but they starting to get loud (of course no one ask for "grind", but for "content to do").

Bringing back the Legion rng looting system will kill my desire to play, it will be perfect as is now once they perfect the valor system.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...There's nothing wrong with being a good person in a story...ffs stop it.
    You can be a good person and not be one dimensional.

Mind blowing, i know.
    Truly an impossible concept to grasp.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Drop rates are fine, but they are designed for your "average" luck. While in BfA/Legion people in unlucky runs got 1 or 2 items, now they get nothing. So good solution is some bad luck protection or currency that gives you specific piece after some tries.

Maybe Blizzard will go that way and extend lifespan of this loot system, but it won't last forever no matter what.

Also there is thing with open world grind - some people just like it for power progression. They were silent during BfA/Legion, cause game was tailored for them, but they starting to get loud (of course no one ask for "grind", but for "content to do").

"Average luck" I understand that loot needs to be balanced to wanting to keep going for weeks and weeks(Months depending on length of tier) but I was originally skeptical and I felt it to(Guild to and we weren't fully Nathria geared yet). I'm just saying, something was very off. Sure the vault is nice but doing the raid and not getting loot after several bosses will drain you....or just make you apathetic.

You can be a good person and not be one dimensional.

Mind blowing, i know.
    Truly an impossible concept to grasp.
    Implying there's anything wrong with Anduin's current character, no. Some people just that noble, let them be.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Anduin is a terribly boring character for me, the developments we've seen leak are finally making me interested in him.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Also, I wonder what Korthia is going to house. It's called the City of Secrets, ye? Does that mean the Sepulcher's there as well? Will we get more info on who the First Ones actually are? I assume so. This does seem to be a very well hidden place, for a reason.
    It certainly suggests there will be a major infodump on what is going on.

The idea that people thought Zovaal and Torghast were the end of the expansion, when Torghast and the Maw were basically complete at launch, is really funny to me.

Especially when Zovaal has a potential SECOND FORM that they never actually disconfirmed. Meanwhile Sylvanas's "boss model" was in the expansion day one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The idea that people thought Zovaal and Torghast were the end of the expansion, when Torghast and the Maw were basically complete at launch, is really funny to me.

Especially when Zovaal has a potential SECOND FORM that they never actually disconfirmed. Meanwhile Sylvanas's "boss model" was in the expansion day one.
    I don't know why people would want SL to last shorter then previous expansions. One should want to get more out of it.

Warrior-Magi