Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Especially when Zovaal has a potential SECOND FORM that they never actually disconfirmed. Meanwhile Sylvanas's "boss model" was in the expansion day one.
    You think he's going to go one-bearded angel at the end of 9.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The idea that people thought Zovaal and Torghast were the end of the expansion, when Torghast and the Maw were basically complete at launch, is really funny to me.

Especially when Zovaal has a potential SECOND FORM that they never actually disconfirmed. Meanwhile Sylvanas's "boss model" was in the expansion day one.
    It's more to do with the fact that we are not usually accustomed to a plot where the main antagonist leaves his main base of power halfway.

I would say this is most comparable to WotLK having the assault on ICC in the first half. It is definitely possible, but it kinda undercuts the precieved threat of the antagonist if we defeat him where he is strongest early instead of leaving tha for the end.

Now unless the Maw raid is the oft speculated raid where we lose then we will more or less have won against the Jailer already. Blizzard will either have to conjure up new landmasses in the Maw or have the Jailer move shop to somewhere else for him to be a continuing threat like Blizzard claimed he is going to be.
    The final raid and patch can obviously be in Oribos or Azeroth or whatever, but it will require some plot convolutions to explain how the Jailer keeps his threat even while we have already assaulted his stronghold.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's more to do with the fact that we are not usually accustomed to a plot where the main antagonist leaves his main base of power halfway.

I would say this is most comparable to WotLK having the assault on ICC in the first half. It is definitely possible, but it kinda undercuts the precieved threat of the antagonist if we defeat him where he is strongest early instead of leaving tha for the end.

Now unless the Maw raid is the oft speculated raid where we lose then we will more or less have won against the Jailer already. Blizzard will either have to conjure up new landmasses in the Maw or have the Jailer move shop to somewhere else for him to be a continuing threat like Blizzard claimed he is going to be.
    The final raid and patch can obviously be in Oribos or Azeroth or whatever, but it will require some plot convolutions to explain how the Jailer keeps his threat even while we have already assaulted his stronghold.
    I mean Gul'dan ran away from us....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Ancient Mount finally revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    You mean empty space for more stuff? Because i filled out the entire maw map within the first few weeks.
    There's the Desmond place or whatever it's called, next to the Beastwarrens.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Any guesses on what the 9.1 trailer will be? Or if there even will be a trailer?
    Most likely Sylvanas saying something ominous, but I do have to wonder whether there will be more to it than that.

Ummm pretty sure the jailer’s power isn’t tied to the maw

Hence why he wants to escape

9.1 we assault torghast
    9.2 we chase the jailer to the realm of light
    9.3 we have our fight

Anyone thinking we would fight the jailer in the maw must be new to the very predictable Warcraft writing

7+ Year Old Account

As predicted, it's uuuugly.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post

9.1 we assault torghast
    9.3 we have our fight

Anyone thinking we would fight the jailer in the maw must be new to the very predictable Warcraft writing
    Where the Jailer draws his power from is mostly irrelevant. He is shown as a threat at least in large part to his massive army, an army that is situated in the Maw. If 9.1 is us assaulting hte Maw and Torghast then I am just questioning where tthe Jailer will move to that will allow him to keep his relative threat.

Again, it is quite similar to us attacking ICC halfway in. The lich king doesnt draw his pwoer from ICC, but it is where his main supporters and army is situated. Where would he then move that would allow him to remain a credible threat, especially for as long as 2 patches.

My fear is pretty much that like BfA the expansion might end up feeling like two disconnected stories trying to mesh together.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post

9.1 we assault torghast
    9.3 we have our fight

The Arbiter's platform is prime boss arena material. Increase the scale to give the raid space to move, and there you go.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

The Torghast raid seems more to me like a surgical strike, probably oriented around rescuing Anduin and less an outright attack on the Jailer and his army.

That certainly is coming, with the covenant storyline thing, but that's still getting set up.
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2021-02-19 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    The Torghast raid seems more to me like a surgical strike, probably oriented around rescuing Anduin and less an outright attack on the Jailer and he's army.

That certainly is coming, with the covenant storyline thing, but that's still getting set up.
    I guess we will have to wait and see. There are several ways the Jailers level of threat could be mantained even with attacking the Maw and defeating some of his strongest assets. Hopefully the stream will explain some of those questions.

Where the Jailer draws his power from is mostly irrelevant. He is shown as a threat at least in large part to his massive army, an army that is situated in the Maw. If 9.1 is us assaulting hte Maw and Torghast then I am just questioning where tthe Jailer will move to that will allow him to keep his relative threat.

Again, it is quite similar to us attacking ICC halfway in. The lich king doesnt draw his pwoer from ICC, but it is where his main supporters and army is situated. Where would he then move that would allow him to remain a credible threat, especially for as long as 2 patches.

My fear is pretty much that like BfA the expansion might end up feeling like two disconnected stories trying to mesh together.
    BFA

1. You need to heal the planet from the sword stuck in her! hurry champions!
    2. Because the Zandalari and Horde are causing so many problems they must be stopped
    3. Because if we don't then - wait, Azshara is working with Sylvanas, oh no, Azshara must be stopped!
    4. But Azashara has been working N'Zoth the whole time! Twist of the century! He's going to eat the planet! Hurry champion!
    5. Thank you for saving the planet, all woons from step 1 are now healed. This concludes our expansion. Please wait for the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    The Torghast raid seems more to me like a surgical strike, probably oriented around rescuing Anduin and less an outright attack on the Jailer and his army.

I really don't think we're getting two Torghast/Maw raids, especially when it's a larger one we're about to do. People could hardly stand the Tomb to Antorus jump because of the demon overlap. Just because the Maw "feels" like the finale/climax doesn't mean it is (and should've been a big hint that it wasn't when so much of it was finished asset-wise at launch).

More likely Jailer will change into his "true" form and go elsewhere.

I do think there can be a difference between Torghast and the Maw when it comes to aesthetic, though they are quite similar.

But yeah I don't foresee whatever raid we fight the Jailer in to be in the Maw for long anyway. Initial stage at most.

Awwwn I love it! And I love the fact its foliage is changing with each season!

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, Anduin aint undead.

Just mind controlled.

Formerly known as Arafal

Lich King Anduin does look really cool in that.

Sylvanas being teased a redemption is still a whole load of bullshit though. She burned down Teldrassil and willingly damned billions of souls to the Maw, if there is anyone less deserving a redemption it is her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Welp, Anduin aint undead.

Just mind controlled.
    I guess it does make more sense that it is mond control rather than undead. They are already in the afterlife, not sure how making him undead would even work. Would they send his corpse back to Azeroth so they could revive him? Surely if they killed him in the Shadowlands then he would just be fully dead Anduin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing these other keys might be from the other main areas of the SL. (Winter queen has her own, Denathrius obviously might have his). Maldraxxus's Primus....MIGHT if I had to guess hid it away from Zovaal. But thats all specuation.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Lich King Anduin does look really cool in that.

Sylvanas being teased a redemption is still a whole load of bullshit though. She burned down Teldrassil and willingly damned billions of souls to the Maw, if there is anyone less deserving a redemption it is her.

I guess it does make more sense that it is mond control rather than undead. They are already in the afterlife, not sure how making him undead would even work. Would they send his corpse back to Azeroth so they could revive him? Surely if they killed him in the Shadowlands then he would just be fully dead Anduin.
    Sylvanas can still get a redemption on a personal level while being punished (death or eternal torture) for her bazillion atrocities.

She's always been a character that cared about things and people on an individual level but did not care about numbers or statistics (aka the entirety of Teldrassil).