10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Yes, I would like to know when they intend to release it. But they didn't even show live footage from the new zone, so I'm guessing we're looking at July. I think Classic TBC will be out first.
    They usually don't talk about release dates for patches during Blizzcon like ever.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They didn't say "Nah we're fine and ignoring you" Thats you putting words into their mouthes with your overly cynical reflexes. There's also work from home they have to deal with to. Hell if they mentioned that, does anyone honestly believe no one will go "EXCUSES1111111"
    Everyone is being affected by covid but I don't have to pay 15 dollars less for an expansion or 5 dollars less for a sub because I'm struggling.

The backlash on no new customization is probably going to be bigger than they were expecting.

The new customization added in the pre-patch was a massive taste at something the playerbase was never used to, and always wanted, and it's leaving everyone craving more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    The backlash on no new customization is probably going to be bigger than they were expecting.

The new customization added in the pre-patch was a massive taste at something the playerbase was never used to, and always wanted, and it's leaving everyone craving more.
    Well, it's because it was also touted as an expansion feature.

In that sense, even BfA handled it better. At least they didn't give us allied races for 7.3.5 and 8.0, then went "Nope. Sorry, nothing planned beyond that." I can't believe I'm unironically saying BfA handled anything better, but here we are..

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They usually don't talk about release dates for patches during Blizzcon like ever.
    Just figure two months after 9.0.5

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Just figure two months after 9.0.5
    With how vague it was, I'm thinking 9.1 is probably July, maybe even August at the earliest.

They showed so little and mostly talked about what they were planning to do, or what they wanted to do, or how they were feeling this and that out that it gave me the vibe that they're really early in its development.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    With how vague it was, I'm thinking 9.1 is probably July, maybe even August at the earliest.

They showed so little and mostly talked about what they were planning to do, or what they wanted to do, or how they were feeling this and that out that it gave me the vibe that they're really early in its development.
    It should be noted that they said stuff like "Broker Megadungeon" in the presentation video and then later on outright call it by its name. So the video was probably way earlier than how far along they are.

Apparently they hinted at this in the Q&A but I didn't catch it. Makes sense though if Muffinus's deep dive was recorded last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    It should be noted that they said stuff like "Broker Megadungeon" in the presentation video and then later on outright call it by its name. So the video was probably way earlier than how far along they are.

Apparently they hinted at this in the Q&A but I didn't catch it. Makes sense though if Muffinus's deep dive was recorded last year.
    That's a fair point to make, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That's a fair point to make, yes.
    Frankly, a lot of it seems to be pre-recorded.

No its not. Its just a niche group of rp'ers who scream and cry for this kind of stuff. "omg why cant Blood Elves have X colour eyez pls blizzzz k thx so i can live out my fantasy of being a blue/pink eyed elf yay!!11".

The vast majority of people simply couldnt give a shit and dont care about any of this crap.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2021-02-21 at 01:57 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    So...
    I'm guessing we're not going to see Mueh'zala until later right? Or until something happens with Odyn/Helya and the Drust?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    No its not. Its just a niche group of rp'ers who scream and cry for this kind of stuff. "omg why cant Blood Elves have X colour eyez pls blizzzz k thx so i can live out my fantasy of being a blue/pink eyed elf yay!!11".

The vast majority of people simply couldnt give a shit and dont care about any of this crap.
    Couldn't be more wrong. Most people who want customization don't RP. The vast majority of wow players are ultra casual lfr only players who would rather have more customization and transmog options than adding new raids. The playerbase changed.

Cool dismissal but not grounded in reality.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It's called "using skeletons of existing models". Blizzard has been doing it since forever. Also, what kind of animal we WOULD find in an afterlife, nature linked place full of fae creatures?
    Probably one that make sense with the zone and share similarities with the others we already seen before

this one is ugly as hell with his enormous head

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Come on now that's outright bad faith, they're very similar. The open mouth of the WoW model is reminiscent of the look of the creature in Spirited Away too (it's often fighting/charging and has an open and sometimes bloody mouth while doing so).

The thing is, it's not supposed to be a full-on dragon creature, it's a dragon-like creature with other animals bits patched into it.

Anyway, all tastes are in nature, some won't like it, some will, but I appreciate the reference, the art from Ghibli is stunning.
    i know very well from where did they get the inspiration, im just saying it was done awfully, the mount to me is ugly as real with a disproportional head

and honestly that seems more like a bastion mount since they resemble the larions

7+ Year Old Account

I'm sorry, but lol.

This is absolutely not the case.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    When I more think about it, I don't get why people think this patch will be super late (some even say July+). Main argument I see is that panel lacked usual videos presenting zones from above.

But think about it - this is a job for art team. They never show gameplay, just terrain and mobs. How the hell 9.1 assets wouldn't be already done? What do you think art team was doing from let's say summer '20 to now? Doing 15th iteration of soulbinds? Fixing bugs in world quests? It simply doesn't make sense these things wouldn't be done already.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    what the actual fuck is this retarded mount
    With japan fox themed mount , i can feel like we gonna see mop 2.0 with japan style ..probably dragon isles since they love thunder dragons , after LK 2.0 gonna be done with.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Couldn't be more wrong. Most people who want customization don't RP. The vast majority of wow players are ultra casual lfr only players who would rather have more customization and transmog options than adding new raids. The playerbase changed.
    This exactly. It's not about rolists, it's about a major chunk of the playerbase. But Blizzard is determined to cater more to the hardcore gamers so...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    This exactly. It's not about rolists, it's about a major chunk of the playerbase. But Blizzard is determined to catter more to the hardcore gamers so...
    Blizzard catters to groups that are loudest. WoW/devs/playerbase very often reminds me of politics and mechanisms used there. And no wonder since we talk about ~5 milion community of average, it's like small country.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    The final raid will be oribos
    Maybe not the whole thing; might be a Siege of Orgrimmar situation where we start somewhere else and end up back there (or start there and go somewhere else).

But Oribos is almost definitely part of it, because "the Arbiter is the final key."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton