Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    More like several expansions, SL is clearly setting up for many future plot threads and we don't even necessarily beat these cosmic gods, some of them just end up going back to their respective planes or just get imprisoned. I'm only in favor of these weird reset only cause well(10.0) and a chance of a revamp but.... I don't see it likely or worried of a long term problem(Cata).

If they wanted to do a theme reset 10.0 would be the time to do it
    The amount of old world resources they've slowly built up since Cata proves they've learned their lesson since Cata: instead of shifting full gear to a revamp right after an expansion, they've been building it up for years.

We just got updated rams for example: likely before an AV update this year or next, which they will then use the assets for in new Dwarf areas.

I feel like interviews are pointless
    The answers are
    No plans yet
    We are Planning it but no answers
    That’s a discussion to have

9.2 is gonna be the big update patch that will make 9.1 look like 9.0.5

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The amount of old world resources they've slowly built up since Cata proves they've learned their lesson since Cata: instead of shifting full gear to a revamp right after an expansion, they've been building it up for years.

We just got updated rams for example: likely before an AV update this year or next, which they will then use the assets for in new Dwarf areas.
    They could use the same tech for the different time phases of zones just make it bigger

In Bellular's interview with Danuser, he was HEAVILY hinting that 10.0 will deal with the Light, specifically mentioning that Yrel's story will continue, Velen's shaken faith in the Light will be touched on and mentioning Turalyon a few times (as well as his reaction to Xe'ras death). Combine this with the Calia story involving her resurrection and the Scarlets being pissed at her and that's quite a few Light based storylines being brewed up. Danuser said that "Mortal points of view vs cosmic powers will be an ongoing story".

Ner'zhul and Garrosh were also two people mentioned to be brought up in the patch, in the Sanctum of Domination and Revendreth respectively. We also learned that the Nathrezim appear in Korthia.

As for Zidormi, I think they should just stuff all of Cata to Shadowlands Azeroth in one "phase" and make a new one. You can teleport back to the old EK/Kalimdor whenever you want but you have to activate it from an NPC, not just press a button.
    I personally dislike the Light stuff they are teasing at, but everything in Shadowlands, minus Sylvanas and a few details surrounding her arc, are looking really promising to me. Especially the Nathrezim stuff.

Also 100% this, updating zones with Warfronts and updating Battlegrounds every few patches, they undoubtedly are updating the old world, whether or not we get a full on revamp expansion is still up in the air.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I personally dislike the Light stuff they are teasing at, but everything in Shadowlands, minus Sylvanas and a few details surrounding her arc, are looking really promising to me. Especially the Nathrezim stuff.

Also 100% this, updating zones with Warfronts and updating Battlegrounds every few patches, they undoubtedly are updating the old world, whether or not we get a full on revamp expansion is still up in the air.
    I mean at this point they are either doing a full revamp eventually or never. The world is way too patchwork at this point from everything from Theramore all the way up to now the Warfronts. You can't just HD-ify it anymore, you need to actually pick a point and time and set everything once again to it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean at this point they are either doing a full revamp eventually or never. The world is way too patchwork at this point from everything from Theramore all the way up to now the Warfronts. You can't just HD-ify it anymore, you need to actually pick a point and time and set everything once again to it.
    Of course, imo this whole discussion where to put Zidormi is pointless. If they want to do revamp, do it from scratch, put whole current world behind Caverns of Time or don't even bother.

Hell, if I more think about it, I would say they should do it only when they will be ready to move WoW to new engine.

I don't think the Zidormi discussion is pointless. They might keep the entire Cataclysm phase of the world around somewhere so they don't get complaints about "removing the old world and destroying it" again like they did in Cata. Maybe just Chromie Time instead of a Zidormi NPC though.

In Bellular's interview with Danuser, he was HEAVILY hinting that 10.0 will deal with the Light, specifically mentioning that Yrel's story will continue, Velen's shaken faith in the Light will be touched on and mentioning Turalyon a few times (as well as his reaction to Xe'ras death). Combine this with the Calia story involving her resurrection and the Scarlets being pissed at her and that's quite a few Light based storylines being brewed up. Danuser said that "Mortal points of view vs cosmic powers will be an ongoing story".

Ner'zhul and Garrosh were also two people mentioned to be brought up in the patch, in the Sanctum of Domination and Revendreth respectively. We also learned that the Nathrezim appear in Korthia.

As for Zidormi, I think they should just stuff all of Cata to Shadowlands Azeroth in one "phase" and make a new one. You can teleport back to the old EK/Kalimdor whenever you want but you have to activate it from an NPC, not just press a button.
    They would have to touch on this eventually especially the Algeria plot with the Void, it’s just a matter of time
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    True, but you can reset the power scale all over again, with 10.0 giving you the same sensation than vanilla did and starting to go up from there again. The alternative is that if they continue the way they're going we're gonna be beating interdimensional cosmic gods in two expansions. Well, not me, as I won't be coming back if they choose that path.
    Ah yes, after dealing with the eternal one Zuuval's attempts at unmaking all of reality as we know it our heroes now face hogger the cheese bandit. Thriling stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    Ah yes, after dealing with the eternal one Zuuval's attempts at unmaking all of reality as we know it our heroes now face hogger the cheese bandit. Thriling stuff.
    Shadowlands epilogue:

"Champion, for your lifetime of service there are no words that can adequately describe your deeds and our thanks. Sadly all we can offer is our thanks for saving our world again."
    "Now go into the world and rediscover the lands saved by your actions"

Then you start by helping people with their small time problems like gnolls or harpies, slowly build up a new threat somewhere and eventually end up fighting against bigger foes by the tiem you hit max level.
    Fully resettiung the threat level might be a lost cause, but you can very easily deescalate the problems to a more reasonable level.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Shadowlands epilogue:

"Champion, for your lifetime of service there are no words that can adequately describe your deeds and our thanks. Sadly all we can offer is our thanks for saving our world again."
    "Now go into the world and rediscover the lands saved by your actions"

Then you start by helping people with their small time problems like gnolls or harpies, slowly build up a new threat somewhere and eventually end up fighting against bigger foes by the tiem you hit max level.
    Fully resettiung the threat level might be a lost cause, but you can very easily deescalate the problems to a more reasonable level.
    If the community wasn't so bad at handling deeper storylines, they could do one about our character's troubles adjusting to a world that has no real need for them.
    But MoP made it clear that far to large a part of it thinks dark story = lots of black and grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    Same. I'm just hoping they're going that way with the story and the whole "the time moves differently in the shadowlands". Just give me a new azeroth to explore, regional conflicts and new, good characters and individual stories. It's my last hope as I dropped the game after 8.2
    That would be amazing. We come back to see some of the damage of the Cataclysm healed and new factions have arisen and the power structure has changed. Maybe Horde is now back on top while the Alliance is on the backfoot or something. Maybe there's a 3rd (non-playable) faction introduced that directly competes with the Horde and Alliance and we start to get HvAvX instead of just HvA or even temporary team-ups against the remaining faction.

Maybe Vol'jin returns fully as a Darkspear-only Loa and guides them into new heights of power and we see a new chieftain established.

I'd love to see Undermine & Kezan fully released and explored and the Venture Co. finally at the forefront of something. Maybe we finally get Tel'Abim!
    Last edited by Edward Wu; 2021-02-23 at 03:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing new. After defeating a full might of Burning Legion, fallen titan and a World Soul we were fighting against a pirate flying on an oversized parrot.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Nothing new. After defeating a full might of Burning Legion, fallen titan and a World Soul we were fighting against a pirate flying on an oversized parrot.
    Without talking about the other problems of BFA, a LOOOOOT of people complained/raged about how "low-tier" the Kul Tiras quests were and how much they didn't like picking onions/fighting pirates. So there is a decent chunk of people that don't like the lower-threat questlines.

I think this may be a divide between older fans and newer fans as well.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-02-23 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without talking about the other problems of BFA, a LOOOOOT of people complained/raged about how "low-tier" the Kul Tiras quests were and how much they didn't like picking onions/fighting pirates. So there is a decent chunk of people that don't like the lower-threat questlines.

In fairness Blizzard did double down on Pirates thematically for KT as in the sailor and seaman theme very well and maybe that might of been a detriment. I still liked it don't get me wrong but I can see a different version of Kul'Tiras sorta but thats only cause Kul'Tiras feels not as a full island and more like one part of the Island is civilization and the rest not so much. Or people just don't care for pirates(Which is fine I'm in the same boat tbh).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Nah, it's just a big community. Doesn't matter what direction they go, a lot of people will complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Nah, it's just a big community. Doesn't matter what direction they go, a lot of people will complain about it.
    Which is why doing the revamp expansion with lower-tier stuff in Kalimdor/EK zones (like Scarlet Crusade, Grimtotem, etc) and then higher-tier cosmic stuff in certain zones (Army of the Light, Dragon Isles, Xalatath etc) would be the way to go.

You can easily do both lower-tier Vanilla-esque threats as well as cosmic shit and I suspect that's what they will do.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know what? This just made me want World Quests in the old zones. So we can have things like a kill Hogger WQ for meme's sake.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If the community wasn't so bad at handling deeper storylines, they could do one about our character's troubles adjusting to a world that has no real need for them.
    But MoP made it clear that far to large a part of it thinks dark story = lots of black and grey.
    MoP was the darkest expansion
    Yeah we have demons and old gods now but in MoP we had to keep a panda from essentially killing himself because of depression

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    MoP was the darkest expansion
    Yeah we have demons and old gods now but in MoP we had to keep a panda from essentially killing himself because of depression
    And angry depression 'demons' that posses you can make you go crazy/sad/etc.

The Sha were dark af and I loved it
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    And angry depression 'demons' that posses you can make you go crazy/sad/etc.

The Sha were dark af and I loved it
    was it MoP or WoD where an old dungeon got changed to have void tentacles ripping mobs apart