3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    was it MoP or WoD where an old dungeon got changed to have void tentacles ripping mobs apart
    I think it was WoD? Are you talking about Blackfathom Deeps too? I know that got a recent (ish) revamp
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I think it was WoD? Are you talking about Blackfathom Deeps too? I know that got a recent (ish) revamp
    i think so
    the one with the big turtle boss that hunters used to want to tame and there was also a murloc boss

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And then you'd have to go there every time you want a different version of a zone, instead of her just being where you need her. That kind of thing makes sense for something like Warmode, where it's intended to be a commitment, but not for this where it is meant to be reasonably convenient for you to switch.
    If you do the change now in 1 zone... it does change all of the Zoridormi zones, so in the end there is no point is having here there, I did this like 3 days ago.

Changed the zone in Uldum.... and darkshore and Tirisfal galdes changed to.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    If you do the change now in 1 zone... it does change all of the Zoridormi zones, so in the end there is no point is having here there, I did this like 3 days ago.

Changed the zone in Uldum.... and darkshore and Tirisfal galdes changed to.
    And if you want the other version of Darkshore, do you want to travel all the way to Uldum to change it back?

anyone else find it funny that 9.0.5 launches in march and 2 weeks or technically 9 days from now we get max renown

and 9.0.5 has the post renown rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Without talking about the other problems of BFA, a LOOOOOT of people complained/raged about how "low-tier" the Kul Tiras quests were and how much they didn't like picking onions/fighting pirates. So there is a decent chunk of people that don't like the lower-threat questlines.

I think this may be a divide between older fans and newer fans as well.
    No, the issue is that there is no really a reason why a fight against a titan and a world soul is "easier" than a orc on a giant parrot from a Hearthstone-card. And i would really like to see finally a complete power reset: you start from zero, later in the expansion you gain your stuff back, but you should die and then get resurrected in a powerless body. Back to basic please.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    No, the issue is that there is no really a reason why a fight against a titan and a world soul is "easier" than a orc on a giant parrot from a Hearthstone-card. And i would really like to see finally a complete power reset: you start from zero, later in the expansion you gain your stuff back, but you should die and then get resurrected in a powerless body. Back to basic please.
    I made a fake leak ages ago, where a minor antagonist altered time to take your place as the hero; you woke up one morning with no stuff, no skills, and nobody remembered the things you'd done. Not even the Bronze Flight recognised you, so you threw yourself past them into the Caverns of Time and found a group of characters, one of each playable race, who'd had the same thing happen to them.

The out-of-universe rationalisation was that you (for example) going over to Teldrassil and doing all the quests as a human was the act of the antagonist making the entire story about them, stealing all the thunder of the Night Elf who would have done those things. You had to squeeze as much combat experience out of the timeline as possible to become strong enough to take back your life, but with the Usurper roaming the land and doing everything that even remotely resembled a quest, your only option was to side with the monsters and evil factions... which put you in constant danger of the Usurper appearing out of nowhere to kill the "rare spawn" that was you.

It was, naturally, too interesting to be real.

Since then, I've expanded the idea; in allying with the many enemy groups (some of which even survive the Usurper slaughtering them like dogs), you piece together a third playable faction to be unlocked, an uneasy alliance of groups like the Scarlet Cruasde and Cult of the Damned, who hate each other only slightly less than they hate the Alliance and Horde, and whose motivation for raiding is to steal as many powerful artefacts and as much money as possible, so none of it can be used against them.

This would allow the Horde to relinquish the Villain Ball, so they can stop trying to juggle it along with the Anti-Hero one.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I think the level squish did a good bit to help quell people's thought process that level is a gameplay mechanic only and in no way implies the power of your enemy.

Besides we had felboars that could kick Onyxia's ass by the first expansion

That is really just one of those gameplay mechanics trumps lore things that some people get way too bent out of shape about.

Even with your proposed power reset, at some point you're going to have to go back to fighting more mook like enemies at the start of a new expansion after fighting higher-tier enemies. It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Just as long as they don't try to fit an entire expansion concept into a patch again I'll be glad.
    I'd have been perfectly fine with Nyalotha as a patch zone with all of the polish and mechanics that Mechagon got, not gonna lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...That idea is dumb.... no Nobody should lose their *stuff*

Just keep it nice and simple that there hasn't been many exciting things since SL. Thats it, no dumb stuff like this.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-03-01 at 02:16 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I think the level squish did a good bit to help quell people's thought process that level is a gameplay mechanic only and in no way implies the power of your enemy.

Besides we had felboars that could kick Onyxia's ass by the first expansion
    The biggest mistake players make is thinking that numbers are canon.

It is funnt when a miners jacket in Northrend is more powerful than enchanted heirlooms of the Blood Elves, but it also never presented as even remotely true in canon, just in gameplay.
    '
    Similarly it is also far too easy to take raid mechanics too literally. When we fight Archimonde on WoD we also have Yrel, Grommash and Khadgar with us, they barely do damage in gameplay terms but they are there in canon, and they are powerful.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

So here is my guess
    9.0.5 launch March 15th
    9.1 ptr the week after and launch June 7th
    9.2 ptr in September
    9.2 launch in early December
    9.3 ptr in March
    9.3 launch in June

There’s always a chance they launch 9.1 or 9.0.5 a week earlier or later but that’s the guess I have and the rest of the patches follow the pattern though 9.3 is definitely set to be about 8 months before prepatch

ptr is down new build probably tommorow
    or maybe even release?

7+ Year Old Account
    And if you want the other version of Darkshore, do you want to travel all the way to Uldum to change it back?
    The thing we where talking about was to make it so that Zoridormi would be placed in The Caverns of Time or in a major city of both factions... that way there would be 1 Npcs for everyone zone... and not have 1 Npcs in every zone.

This way you choose to be in the past or in the present.

Very easy and it makes the world more clean and immersive
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    9.0.5 has release build, maybe they won't wait for week after 40 Renown and just release it next week.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    So here is my guess
    9.0.5 launch March 15th
    9.1 ptr the week after and launch June 7th
    9.2 ptr in September
    9.2 launch in early December
    9.3 ptr in March
    9.3 launch in June

There’s always a chance they launch 9.1 or 9.0.5 a week earlier or later but that’s the guess I have and the rest of the patches follow the pattern though 9.3 is definitely set to be about 8 months before prepatch
    quite frankly, with the number of players who are either raidlogging or not logging at all, if they wait till june to release 9.1 then they're going to lose a substantial chunk of their player base to other games. There simply isnt enough content in 9.0 or even 9.0.5 to keep people playing

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    9.0.5 has release build, maybe they won't wait for week after 40 Renown and just release it next week.
    I really don't see why it couldnt just be next week. This is a glorified hotfix seemingly just meant to give a smattering of needed fixes before 9.1 can actually start fixing things properly.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryytikki View Post
    quite frankly, with the number of players who are either raidlogging or not logging at all, if they wait till june to release 9.1 then they're going to lose a substantial chunk of their player base to other games. There simply isnt enough content in 9.0 or even 9.0.5 to keep people playing
    9.0.5 will have enough for the catch up then you have the ptr and the bonuses from being renown capped for the weeklies

i still have raid so ill happily raid log and honestly having free time from the game aint a bad thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I really don't see why it couldnt just be next week. This is a glorified hotfix seemingly just meant to give a smattering of needed fixes before 9.1 can actually start fixing things properly.
    release build?? next week here we go
    one week until 9.1 ptr then 8 weeks until launch

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Didn't they say that renown is going up to 80? And that flying will be a reward at some level, probably 80.