The issue with the buildings is that you either to farm a reputation just to have the option to spend 4k Anima on shoulders.

Night Fae is the worst with having two building factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Believe me, cosmetics alone still takes most of time and I'm asking rather for slowly lowering through expansion that giving it for free. If they keep current prices, most people won't farm this anyway. But buildings are really the worst. You farm 5-10-15k Anima just to unlock another layer of grind.

It's funny that while writing this I wonder what is even point of Anima, many of this rewards have second gate with offerings, souls or Renown. They could just spread rest rewards across different activies. Imo giving full transmog set + mount + weapon for campaign was VERY good idea.

But I think Anima is just relict of AP. Probably first sketch of SL was grinding Anima Power for new levels of soulbinds (new 'artifact'). Then it was redesigned when people were rioting against grind during BfA.
    You unlock more grind, but you also should have the entire expansion to upgrade it all. If we assume a conservative estimate of 3k anima each week then it should take around 31 weeks to get all the buildings.

What Anima might have once been meant as isnt really relevant, the important part is that we have it this way right now, and much of SL is built around gathering it as a reward. If you add too much of it then the entire hosue of cards falls apart and Anima becomes truly pointless, which it indeed already is for thsoe that don't care about cosmetics.

Also, havent they already spread the rewards across different content? You get one cosmetic set from the campaign, one from the covenant specific building, one from a miscellaneous source unique to the covenant and finally one from anima. Seems to me like it is already heavily spread out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The issue with the buildings is that you either to farm a reputation just to have the option to spend 4k Anima on shoulders.

Night Fae is the worst with having two building factions.
    The specific buildings definitely don't feel like they were that well thougth out. Seems rather like they started with vague ideas like "Necrolords should be able to build abominations" and then ended up having to eventually rein in the ideas with reward systems that by necessity couldnt be equal.
    Just compare the sheer amount of effort needed to get all the rewards with the Path of Ascension compared ot just crafting or buying them as Necrolords.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I remember they said long ago that one-year expansions were on the table.

Imagine BFA as one expansion, with Old god's city as another
    Legion could have been as well split into the broken shore and the Argus planet. The whole space travel thing mid-Legion felt out of place.

More potentials could have been realised and the frequency of changes would improve. More $$$ for Acti-Bliz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ntlntl View Post

Imagine BFA as one expansion, with Old god's city as another
    Legion could have been as well split into the broken shore and the Argus planet. The whole space travel thing mid-Legion felt out of place.

More potentials could have been realised and the frequency of changes would improve. More $$$ for Acti-Bliz
    That was a long time ago and they aren't doing that anymore, See WoD.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That was a long time ago and they aren't doing that anymore, See WoD.
    But don’t you know
    Everything blizz does is for money and for the other stuff that players don’t understand like mau

7+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler alert. We go into another Broken piece of the Maw which is lost death forest place where the Covenents launch a attack against the Jailer and then there's like a Raid in the Maw where Sylvanas is the Boss at the end.

Also something with Flying Mounts and stuff like that.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkknight97 View Post
    Spoiler alert. We go into another Broken piece of the Maw which is lost death forest place where the Covenents launch a attack against the Jailer and then there's like a Raid in the Maw where Sylvanas is the Boss at the end.

Also something with Flying Mounts and stuff like that.
    Nah, I don't buy it. What's next, you're gonna tell me Anduin tries to murder the Archon?

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Nah, I don't buy it. What's next, you're gonna tell me Anduin tries to murder the Archon?
    I bet he'll just extract some kind of key from her and will really be controlled by Zovaal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Hopefully Sylvanas doesnt actually die in 9.1 and isntead gets to keep being evil. We need her character for the players to really care.
    I fear Sylvanas will be Azshara 2.0. But we'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ntlntl View Post
    This was an idea (and solely that) and they never even tried to achieve this, with no existing expansion. Not even WoD.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I bet he'll just extract some kind of key from her and will really be controlled by Zovaal.
    Next you'll tell me Sylvanas is having second thoughts!

Pff

/sarcasm
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Next you'll tell me Sylvanas is having second thoughts!

Pff

/sarcasm
    When pirate dragons fly

So when do people think 9.1 will show up on the PTR?
    Blizzard said it would be there shortly after 9.0.5 launches, so I doubt it would be much later than the end of March.

So when do people think 9.1 will show up on the PTR?
    Blizzard said it would be there shortly after 9.0.5 launches, so I doubt it would be much later than the end of March.
    I think next week
    Honestly I’m wondering how long ago the blizzcon stuff was recorded (no way it was live)
    Mid May release

One great thing about ancient mount - we will finally learn how Blizzard measure seasons (astronomical vs meteorological) and shut up all these pointless discussions.

Btw, people already forgot it after Blizzcon, but haven't Ion said in some early '21 interview that 9.1 will come later this spring?

Bellular was hinting at 9.1 PTR this month and Asmongold is returning next week... PTR might be up this tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    One great thing about ancient mount - we will finally learn how Blizzard measure seasons (astronomical vs meteorological) and shut up all these pointless discussions.

Btw, people already forgot it after Blizzcon, but haven't Ion said in some early '21 interview that 9.1 will come later this spring?
    Blizzard said 9.1 will show up on the PTR shortly after 9.0.5 goes live, we also know that PTRs last an average of 5 weeks, usually 4 for smaller and 6 for larger patches.

9.1 will definitely be here before the end of May I would assume. The only real question is whether it will show up before the end of April which is definitely possible.

Blizzard said 9.1 will show up on the PTR shortly after 9.0.5 goes live, we also know that PTRs last an average of 5 weeks, usually 4 for smaller and 6 for larger patches.

9.1 will definitely be here before the end of May I would assume. The only real question is whether it will show up before the end of April which is definitely possible.
    Nah April is out of picture, 2-2.5 months is usual length of PTR for big patch with new zone and raid tier. Imo it will release early to middle June, so still late Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Bellular was hinting at 9.1 PTR this month and Asmongold is returning next week... PTR might be up this tuesday.
    What we would do without Bellurar's recycled "hints"...

I predict it will be up on the PTR either next week or the week after, and live late may or early june at the worst. I can't possibly see them waiting any longer for the first patch to release, considering even may is still a really long time to release a .1 patch.

Are there aynone else slightyl miffed that there wasnt more to getting Renown 40?
    Not that I needed a big questline and cinematics and what have you, but it would have been nice to at least be given the title from a simple "thank you" quest. Instead you just suddenly get it like it means nothing that you have completed it.

Are there aynone else slightyl miffed that there wasnt more to getting Renown 40?
    Nah, mount and title are enough as the final rewards of a quasi-automatic grind.

However, I'd still like to see a point after which you simply gain more Anima, even just 10%, preferably account-wide.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.