Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    You don't wanna release two products at same time...
    Depends, they have the data, people asume a lot of thing about what players do. If they know not too many people really play both games they can realaese content at the same time.

You do if it’s testing and there’s not a lot of crossover

Then TBCC would be delayed, not 9.1
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

seeing the subs downgrading , i think they will release a fan service patch about arthas

10+ Year Old Account
    Any day now the PTR will pop up.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Any day now the PTR will pop up.
    Last few patches we had vendor build at least few days before PTR start, that's why even 8.3 and 9.0.5 that launched same day they were revealed were no surprise. Also I'm no expert but I think same people are responsible for seting up servers for every WoW version and veery likely TBC Beta is this week.

Plus obviously both events are potential for rising some hype, so it's unlikely they both start same week.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    seeing the subs downgrading , i think they will release a fan service patch about arthas
    You are right, but probably not the way you think you are. They predict sub drop after first quarter post launch and they put most effort and well known lore figures to middle of expansion - Guldan, Kil'jaeden, Jaina, Azshara, etc. Now we will have Sylvanas in 9.1 and very, very like Arthas will be involved in 9.2.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-03-15 at 04:00 PM.

Really wonder what the bosses in the Torghast raid will end up being.

I know it would be a long shot, but I still really want a bossfight against Vyraz to cap off the Maldraxxus storyline. That guy got sidelined hard during 9.0, feels like he really deserves to be taken seriously for once.

Anyone else wonder about those cosmetic sets though? For one how you get all the different tints seeing as we are likely not getting massive upgrades to the Covenant sanctums.
    Secondly I do wonder if there will be more variety than shown during Blizzcon. Of all the ones shown Venthyr gets 2 almost completely different variants, whereas Necrolords gets a set that might as well just be cloth.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Why do you think TBC: Classic’s release is going to hinder anything SL related? The fuck?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    Yeah...

Chains of Domination

- - - Updated - - -

Why not? Classic released around the same time 8.3 released.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I personally would love to see many more expansions to come for WoW.

If the Light vs Void theme/story is considered to be the pinnacle of the story, in terms of the "final battle" to save the universe or whatever, then I do hope it is not the next expansion.

As much as this website hates the idea of a time skip, I think an expansion that puts the focus back on Azeroth after a significant amount of time passed would be ideal. It would be the perfect time for another world revamp (#TeamWorldRevamp) and gives Blizzard carte blanche to introduce new characters/factions/enemies and deem them as important as they want. To us, the players, these characters/factions/enemies appeared out of thin air but to the world of Azeroth they have been around for a while, or something.

"What, you didn't know the Mongrel Horde of Kalimdor is now the biggest threat to the continent? The collective faction of centaurs, quillboars, harpies and satyrs don't seem that threatening to you, Champion of Azeroth? Where have you been the past ____ years? They are brutal!"

But I can also see that being a cop out, so who knows.
    I support you, 100%. I would love a rework of EK/K on retail. I just dont think its going to happen. Blizzard did it for Cata and they realised all that rework wasnt really worth it. People apparently dont give a shit about the leveling, they just want it done. Thats alot of hours spendt making content people just want to rush through and ignore. I think Blizzard even said that it wasnt worth it and it did effect time spendt on max level content.

Remember, if they were to rework the old world, thats ALOT of zones. They cant just brush up a few, they gotta do it all. And just in a few years(maybe just a year) its considered outdated, useless content.

Besides - would it be worth doing it again? We have chromie time now were we can pick and choose what xpac to play in. I think Blizzard ideally want new/returning players to start at latest xpac(BFA for SL) and continue from there. With boost being in the game, its even more obvious that Blizz just wants us to jump straight into current xpac.

I'd love it if they did it, but doubt it will happen.

3+ Year Old Account
    Wonder when we'll see Vol'jin again. Maybe 9.2 at the latest? We can get Troll Heritage armor too
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Ion said 9.1 PTR will be released when 9.0.5 goes live....

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I support you, 100%. I would love a rework of EK/K on retail. I just dont think its going to happen. Blizzard did it for Cata and they realised all that rework wasnt really worth it. People apparently dont give a shit about the leveling, they just want it done. Thats alot of hours spendt making content people just want to rush through and ignore. I think Blizzard even said that it wasnt worth it and it did effect time spendt on max level content.

Remember, if they were to rework the old world, thats ALOT of zones. They cant just brush up a few, they gotta do it all. And just in a few years(maybe just a year) its considered outdated, useless content.

Besides - would it be worth doing it again? We have chromie time now were we can pick and choose what xpac to play in. I think Blizzard ideally want new/returning players to start at latest xpac(BFA for SL) and continue from there. With boost being in the game, its even more obvious that Blizz just wants us to jump straight into current xpac.

I'd love it if they did it, but doubt it will happen.
    The thing is though that we have 2 somewhat competing viewpoints on a world revamp.
    We have the world revamp in Cata that people (supposedly) dislike,d as well as the revamped zones in BfA that I mostly remember people claiming as highlights.

What this means to me at least is that zones cannot just be updated for their own sake, you need to make it worth it for gameplay. While levelling is gameplay it is as you say quite shallow and mostly meaningless in the grand scheme. This is the biggest failure of Cata, it reworked zones but didnt put anything except levelling in them, instead opting ot make entirely new zones.

A new world revamp could take the path of making the world relevant instead of just updating it, which in a sense would allow Blizzard to make zone design easier as they just need to update zones instead of make entirely new ones. We know they already have pretty much all the necessary assets, and the updated Darkshore shows how much small changes like a new skybox and updated textures can do for the overall feel.

Personally I want a world revamp because the old zones are rarely used, and I want to properly explore them again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    He said it would release shortly after, which is different from the Soon(tm) only in that it carries slightly more weight.

Lets not twist his words, he said after the release of 9.0.5. I expect it by the end of the week.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The thing is though that we have 2 somewhat competing viewpoints on a world revamp.
    We have the world revamp in Cata that people (supposedly) dislike,d as well as the revamped zones in BfA that I mostly remember people claiming as highlights.

What this means to me at least is that zones cannot just be updated for their own sake, you need to make it worth it for gameplay. While levelling is gameplay it is as you say quite shallow and mostly meaningless in the grand scheme. This is the biggest failure of Cata, it reworked zones but didnt put anything except levelling in them, instead opting ot make entirely new zones.

A new world revamp could take the path of making the world relevant instead of just updating it, which in a sense would allow Blizzard to make zone design easier as they just need to update zones instead of make entirely new ones. We know they already have pretty much all the necessary assets, and the updated Darkshore shows how much small changes like a new skybox and updated textures can do for the overall feel.

Personally I want a world revamp because the old zones are rarely used, and I want to properly explore them again.

- - - Updated - - -

He said it would release shortly after, which is different from the Soon(tm) only in that it carries slightly more weight.
    True, but can we really trust and believe Blizzard in making relevant content in a revamped EK/K? Besides from leveling, I doubt that. Look at how SL is presented. The WQs are more or less useless and theres nothing going on besides rares and weekly outdoor raid boss.

People teleport to every part of content there is. Blizzard would have to change the approach to how max level content is consumed. Cause right now theres nothing in that department.

Over the lifespan of wow, outdoor activity at max level has always been an issue. The game has endless landmass were most of it quickly runs out of date. I doubt we will ever see anything huge again from Blizzard. We will get the standard 4-6 zones for each xpac.

shortly after doesn't mean immediately after.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why not? Classic released around the same time 8.3 released.
    Dude, we may disagree on everything here, but at least keep basic facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    True, but can we really trust and believe Blizzard in making relevant content in a revamped EK/K? Besides from leveling, I doubt that. Look at how SL is presented. The WQs are more or less useless and theres nothing going on besides rares and weekly outdoor raid boss.

People teleport to every part of content there is. Blizzard would have to change the approach to how max level content is consumed. Cause right now theres nothing in that department.

Over the lifespan of wow, outdoor activity at max level has always been an issue. The game has endless landmass were most of it quickly runs out of date. I doubt we will ever see anything huge again from Blizzard. We will get the standard 4-6 zones for each xpac.
    Well the current version of flying would definitely have to go for a world revamp to truly work, so I guess in that sense it might be a lost cause.

As for Blizzard comptetence I am willing to take a risk on it possibly working rather than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Dude, we may disagree on everything here, but at least keep basic facts straight.
    My bad. Meant to say around the time the Eternal Palace was out, and right before 8.3's announcement. Forgot 8.3 released in January.

Either way, Classic WoW's release did not hinter BFA's development. We wouldn't have gotten 2 fucking zones, a megadungeon, and a raid as 8.2 content as soon as we did had Classic WoW truly hindered BFA's development.

- - - Updated - - -

To say that it did would mean you're just trying to excuse BFA's poor game design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    shortly after doesn't mean immediately after.
    1-2 weeks after 9.0.5's release is not "immediately after", the fuck?

- - - Updated - - -

No. He said "shortly after", otherwise the PTR would be out by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Wonder when we'll see Vol'jin again. Maybe 9.2 at the latest? We can get Troll Heritage armor too
    He could be in 9.1 as a Loa aiding Bwonsamdi and shit like that. I still think 9.2 will be focused around life. I WILL NOT BE DENIED OTHERWISE...unless something else occurs. Ehehe

3+ Year Old Account

He could be in 9.1 as a Loa aiding Bwonsamdi and shit like that. I still think 9.2 will be focused around life. I WILL NOT BE DENIED OTHERWISE...unless something else occurs. Ehehe
    I hope we get to see Bwonsamdi's 'true' wife if we ever go to the Gardens of Life. Unless that'll be the next expac lmao
    Maybe there'll be a Summer Queen too lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Really wonder what the bosses in the Torghast raid will end up being.

I know it would be a long shot, but I still really want a bossfight against Vyraz to cap off the Maldraxxus storyline. That guy got sidelined hard during 9.0, feels like he really deserves to be taken seriously for once.

Anyone else wonder about those cosmetic sets though? For one how you get all the different tints seeing as we are likely not getting massive upgrades to the Covenant sanctums.
    Secondly I do wonder if there will be more variety than shown during Blizzcon. Of all the ones shown Venthyr gets 2 almost completely different variants, whereas Necrolords gets a set that might as well just be cloth.
    I assume Vyraz will be either during the Maw questline, or during the Raid. He COULD even be in the 9.1 Covenant questline, since we're apparently doing our own covenant stuff still, until the questlines collide into the whole "Oh yeah, let's all invade the Maw" plotline. Even then, the questlines are apparently going to expand beyond the raid, so who knows what'll happen to Vyraz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I hope we get to see Bwonsamdi's 'true' wife if we ever go to the Gardens of Life. Unless that'll be the next expac lmao
    Maybe there'll be a Summer Queen too lol
    It's implied Eonar and the Winter Queen are sisters tbh (Would make sense tbh), and I don't think the Gardens of Life are going to be the next expac. I know we know almost nothing about them, so it's a little too premature to know what's up regarding Life, but Ardenweald and the Planes of Life are also heavily connected, and the "supposed Dreadlords" apparently found a vulnerability between the realms at Ardenweald. Who knows, maybe we could get a 3 zoned patch, like we did Argus in Legion.