7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    3 patch makes sense without a doubt. But “raid tier” feels like 2 more (including 9.1) I wasn’t expecting them to rush the attack on the Maw.

Again feels like this is gonna end in Azeroth
    SL gave them an opportunity to come up with ANY environment they want while being lore friendly. Using Azeroth in any point would be a waste.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    SL gave them an opportunity to come up with ANY environment they want while being lore friendly. Using Azeroth in any point would be a waste.
    Sure it might be a waste creatively, but it would be perfect narratively.

As good as Shadowlands looks it shouldnt be used as an excuse ot have a fitting ending. Putting visuals before story is what Michael Bay blockbusters or Fast and Furious does, and I want WoW to at least try to be held to a higher standard.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What reality? That you're just making up things to fit your preconceived outcome?
    Okay, dude. I'm sure 9.1.5 is going to have the fabled Drust raid and 9.2 is going to be some cuhrazy Shadowlands finale mid raid where we deal with some First One who's secretly the brother of Zovaal but slightly weaker than him and then 9.2.5 comes and we get 2 new dungeons about setting up against Zovaal's new primal Death forces in Death-infused Stormwind and 9.3 is Zovaal doing fusion dance with Azeroth and our brand spanking new artifacts we got just for 9.3 help us deal the world-shattering blow to defeat him once and for all, with the help of X'alatath, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Okay, dude. I'm sure 9.1.5 is going to have the fabled Drust raid and 9.2 is going to be some cuhrazy Shadowlands finale mid raid where we deal with some First One who's secretly the brother of Zovaal but slightly weaker than him and then 9.2.5 comes and we get 2 new dungeons about setting up against Zovaal's new primal Death forces in Death-infused Stormwind and 9.3 is Zovaal doing fusion dance with Azeroth and our brand spanking new artifacts we got just for 9.3 help us deal the world-shattering blow to defeat him once and for all, with the help of X'alatath, of course.
    Or you know...

9.2 Ardenweald/Gardens of life zone and raid.
    9.3 Jailer attacks Azeroth and we stop him.

Or really anything. Doesnt need to be as complicated as you make it out to be.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Or you know...

"Gardens of life zone and raid" Lol. You guys crack me the fuck up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you know...

Sure, or something related to the devourers, wherever the Brokers came from and such or just a new SL related afterlife. They can do whatever they want honestly. Until 8.1 sheds some light on things its pretty much unknown where shit is gonna go.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

9.3 won't happen and not because I'm cynical but because not only does this timeline suggest no 9.3 due to how late 9.1 is coming and how it's completely differently structured compared to the usual .1 patch, but I also believe Blizzard has planned only up to 9.2 from the start and wants to transition to the next expansion faster. Oh, let's not also forget the lore. The enemies this expansion are The Jailer and Sylvanas. There's the Drust but they are a minor nuisance and the Cartel is getting their big payoff in the Megadungeon.

Jailer is being dealt with in 9.2, guys. It's time to accept reality. There's no "mid-boss" before the Jailer after Sylvanas croaks.
    So, did you just ignore the possibility of the Gardens of Life being a thing? Or?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Sure, or something related to the devourers, wherever the Brokers came from and such or just a new SL related afterlife. They can do whatever they want honestly. Until 8.1 sheds some light on things its pretty much unknown where shit is gonna go.
    Didn’t we legit face the biggest and most threatening devourer in Castle Nathria? We could get an in between dungeon or something like that in 9.3, maybe even a questline, but that’s about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, you're the guy that claims 4 months into expansion with absolute certainty that SL wont have 9.3. Cuz reasons.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Or you know...

Agreeing with 9.2. But for 9.3, I genuinely think we’re gonna kill the Jailer at the Seat of the Arbiter. If we do go to Azeroth tho, and the Eternal Ones, the Arbiter, and the maybe Life Pantheon still aren’t enough to stop him, maybe the First Ones themselves will say “oh yeah, btw, you’re our avatars lol kick his ass” and they just empower us enough to beat down the Jailer.

- - - Updated - - -

The Gardens of Life exist in lore, and there are already multiple connections between that realm and Ardenweald, not to mention Ardenweald has a vulnerability for that realm, as well as the fact that the Heart of the Forest from within Ardenweald is the thing that’s keeping the Jailer at bay. This expac is also about Life, not just Death. And if the Death Pantheon fails in 9.1, what’s to stop the Winter Queen from communing with the Life Realm, and asking for the Life Pantheons aid?

- - - Updated - - -

Idk about a new SL zone. Maybe an in between zone for 9.3 could be likely, but my thoughts remain in that 9.2 will be focused on Life and getting the Life Pantheon to help us out against the Jailer. That way, Life can also have its own counterpart to the Domination Magic’s, and we could learn more about that, and maybe, with it, that could turn into a cure for Anduin’s mind control ordeal. The possibilities for the patch are massive. Could also be 3 zones like Argus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Agreeing with 9.2. But for 9.3, I genuinely think we’re gonna kill the Jailer at the Seat of the Arbiter. If we do go to Azeroth tho, and the Eternal Ones, the Arbiter, and the maybe Life Pantheon still aren’t enough to stop him, maybe the First Ones themselves will say “oh yeah, btw, you’re our avatars lol kick his ass” and they just empower us enough to beat down the Jailer.
    I don't really see Oribos raid like some been predicting. Like, this is a gigantic flying dildo of a place with circular structure and same decoration. Sure, they could come up with new levels or portals or something but still don't like it. Orgrimmar at least had an entire underground base created.

I mean, you're the guy that claims 4 months into expansion with absolute certainty that SL wont have 9.3. Cuz reasons.
    Also, if Blizzard delays the whole 2 year expansion plan just so they could finish off SL and it’s plotline, that’s ok. Especially considering the Jailer is supposedly the enemy of all, so he’s a pretty big fucking deal, unlike with WoD, where Blizzard just threw in Archimonde and said “oh yeah, this is fine”. That was excusable, since WoD was a filler expac for Legion. SL is quite possibly one of the most important lore expansions ever, if not THE most important.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really see Oribos raid like some been predicting. Like, this is a gigantic flying dildo of a place with circular structure and same decoration. Sure, they could come up with new levels or portals or something but still don't like it. Orgrimmar at least had an entire underground base created.
    The raid could start off at the in between, and end at Oribos. Would make sense, considering the Jailer has to travel through there just to get to his targeted location.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, if Blizzard delays the whole 2 year expansion plan just so they could finish off SL and it’s plotline, that’s ok.
    No it isn't, don't even suggest such a thing.

Zovaal does have to go to the Arbiter eventually, she is supposed to be a "key" so I expect him to show up at Oribos...eventually.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

This thread should be renamed to "crackpot fantasies and sky-high wishes" and not any realistic speculation. Just being honest here.

7+ Year Old Account
    This thread should be renamed to "crackpot fantasies and sky-high wishes" and not any realistic speculation. Just being honest here.
    I mean, it's pretty hilarious because you keep describing your posts here.

Zovaal does have to go to the Arbiter eventually, she is supposed to be a "key" so I expect him to show up at Oribos...eventually.
    That's what cut-scenes and scenarios are for.

Or you could try to explain why you think these theories don't work or present your own theories instead of making sarcastic comments.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

What about what I said was a sky high wish? It’s literally established lore that the Jailer wants to claim the realms of Death for himself, as well as kill the Arbiter. Also, what’s wrong about speculating that we’ll likely lose at the end of the Sanctum raid?

- - - Updated - - -

No it isn't, don't even suggest such a thing.

Why would delaying things not be ok? Blizzard’s delayed stuff before with positive results. I mean, it literally happened with SL. Not trying to say they should ditch the 2 year plan as a whole, but if they delay the expac past the 2 year mark so that it could be a complete expac, then I’d say that’s alright, if the expansion continues to keep people interested. Especially in regards to the lore.

Also, yes, the Jailer does need to get to her. That’s why I suggested the whole In Between thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would delaying things not be ok?

Sorry, my understanding was you are ok with shortening SL, which I don't want. I rather each expansion not shorten itself ever again.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    i would definitely concede about the fires as i didn't remember that, but it really depends on where their employees lived as it wasn't a statewide impact necessarily. There were a few relatively close to anaheim which i'm fairly certain their main building is located, but people in ca commute ridiculously especially in the tech industry(there's quite a few documentaries about people commuting hours to and from work where it's basically get home eat sleep and not see family while working for these companies since they can't afford to live where their base of operation is). So in the long run, yeah there could have definitely been an impact.
    never wager ghost peppers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Has nothing to do with different teams, it's the same game and the playerbase somehow overlaps. Just look at BfA vs. Classic, it was all very well-timed that it doesn't overlap, especially in the first months. It will be the same this time and as I said, TBC launch > 9.1 when it comes to $$$.

- - - Updated - - -

This. We're dealing with COVID for one year now and by this time companies, especially in this industry, should have applied to the circumstances already. Other MMORPG / gaming companies have and are able to deal with it, and we're talking about Blizzard, which is a multi billion dollar company. So there's really not much of a COVID excuse left.

- - - Updated - - -

So another thing, the 9.1 raid is basically the Maw raid we were expecting already, so what will the final raid of Shadowlands be? Oribos, as many of us were already guessing? Or something entirely different?
    Blizzard already said there’s not a ton of overlap between the games

9.3 will be oribos raid and possibly a new covenant or something allowing a kind of overlap

I actually think the Jailer won't be dealt with in Shadowlands since he is built as this grand design plotter titan ++ guy , even if SL ends up being 2 patches which i still doubt although no build today is pretty disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    whaaatt??

ICC totally lasted 7...wait a minute
    well sunwell...oh
    well i mean dragon sou...darn
    SoO was defini...
    not even gonna mention HFC
    argus??
    nyalotha tho...

extra time spread between launch and patches just means less content drought and should be the norm because subs drop at the end of an expansion because players are finished 4 months into a 10 month patch instead of 4 months into a 7 month patch
    6 months on average for a content patch during an ongoing expansion. Yes, final content patches always lasted longer, a lot of them for over 10 months. And that's exactly the point why I brought it up.

- - - Updated - - -

9.3 won't happen and not because I'm cynical but because not only does this timeline suggest no 9.3 due to how late 9.1 is coming and how it's completely differently structured compared to the usual .1 patch, but I also believe Blizzard has planned only up to 9.2 from the start and wants to transition to the next expansion faster. Oh, let's not also forget the lore. The enemies this expansion are The Jailer and Sylvanas. There's the Drust but they are a minor nuisance and the Cartel is getting their big payoff in the Megadungeon.

Jailer is being dealt with in 9.2, guys. It's time to accept reality. There's no "mid-boss" before the Jailer after Sylvanas croaks.
    Pretty much this. 9.1 is way too big compared to any other .1 patch in the past. It has the size of the usual .2 patch that normally comes about 8-10 months after an expansion launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if Blizzard delays the whole 2 year expansion plan just so they could finish off SL and it’s plotline, that’s ok. Especially considering the Jailer is supposedly the enemy of all, so he’s a pretty big fucking deal, unlike with WoD, where Blizzard just threw in Archimonde and said “oh yeah, this is fine”. That was excusable, since WoD was a filler expac for Legion. SL is quite possibly one of the most important lore expansions ever, if not THE most important.
    Ok from which perspective? Lore fans? Sure. Everyone else? Uhm... on top of that it doesn't make any sense. Money > finishing off an expansion properly when you're running out of time / your schedule is busted. It's that easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would delaying things not be ok? Blizzard’s delayed stuff before with positive results. I mean, it literally happened with SL. Not trying to say they should ditch the 2 year plan as a whole, but if they delay the expac past the 2 year mark so that it could be a complete expac, then I’d say that’s alright, if the expansion continues to keep people interested. Especially in regards to the lore.
    Because it doesn't make any sense to delay an expansion that brings $50 worth of cash for several months just to have an additional content patch that gives you 0$ (delaying an expansion makes sense when you're not ready - delaying it because you want to finish the work on a content patch makes no sense and that's the important part here). An expansion every two years is basically the only thing that boosts Blizzard's financial results as there's not much going on besides that.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-03-18 at 08:36 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again