So what are people most exicted to see on the 9.1 PTR?

Story? Armor sets? Bosses? Mounts? Etc...

Personally I really am curious to see where the story is going. Need to see where the Necrolord story is going. Seeing as 9.1 is most likely the last patch that deals with the Maw I have to imagine we at least try to save the Primus.

Other than that I really hope for some class changes to MM. Or generally the changes to covenants with low representation that Blizzard promised. Things like 70%+ of hunters being Night Fae. Or how noone plays Necrolord Warrior.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

Personally I really am curious to see where the story is going. Need to see where the Necrolord story is going. Seeing as 9.1 is most likely the last patch that deals with the Maw I have to imagine we at least try to save the Primus.

Other than that I really hope for some class changes to MM. Or generally the changes to covenants with low representation that Blizzard promised. Things like 70%+ of hunters being Night Fae. Or how noone plays Necrolord Warrior.
    Maw and Torghast improvements, along with the new raid itemization improvements they've promised. Maybe more itemization improvements in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Maw and Torghast improvements, along with the new raid itemization improvements they've promised. Maybe more itemization improvements in general.
    Wonder if they are planning otdo something about the rampant Stamina increases. Not really an Arena guy myself, but I have it on good authority that killing tanks in PvP is a daunting task with the sheer amount of health they have. Cannot imagine how difficult it would be taking down a Blood DK with the Necrolord shield.

I am mostly excited for the Nathrezim plotline tbh. Especially with the whole Enemy Infiltration plot being a thing atm. I am also curious to see if Blizzard can actually make the Jailer interesting. Maybe show us him and Sargeras talking in a flashback scene? Show us how he got the "Runecarver" aka totally not the Primus (lol)? Anything. I also want to know more of the First Ones.

My only worry is Sylvanas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    I miss set bonuses.

- - - Updated - - -

Y'all ready for 9.1 Datamining tomorrow?

New mounts and Korthia. Real curious to see what its like. But I always build up these things far more in my head than they end up being.

I guess I also have to admit I look forward to 9.1 because it brings us one patch closer to the return of class sets. We have only gotten 3 class themed sets after the visual upgrade in Legion, and as a hunter that showing was pretty terrible, the HD update from TBC was based on the worst set in an expansion with some of the best.

Though then again, guess I shouldnt get my hopes up. Blizzzrd has long shown they don't really know how to design hunter sets properly, with only a select few I can point to as great sets.

I guess I also have to admit I look forward to 9.1 because it brings us one patch closer to the return of class sets. We have only gotten 3 class themed sets after the visual upgrade in Legion, and as a hunter that showing was pretty terrible, the HD update from TBC was based on the worst set in an expansion with some of the best.

Though then again, guess I shouldnt get my hopes up. Blizzzrd has long shown they don't really know how to design hunter sets properly, with only a select few I can point to as great sets.
    True. I do miss Legion, ngl. The story was so fucking good that expac. And seeing Sargeras was the nuttiest shit.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    True. I do miss Legion, ngl. The story was so fucking good that expac. And seeing Sargeras was the nuttiest shit.
    Was it really? Was the story actually good there?

From what I remember it was a lot of shuffling your feet with the anemic class stories from the order halls, with 7.2 being the prime offender.
    Though then again, I guess some of those stories were good, like the DK one. And the Monk mount quest was fantastic.

I don't actually remember the story being all that exciting until you defeated Kil'jaeden and Argus showed up, with Argus being a highlight. Though I guess that could also be chalked up to it being the most visually stunning part.

Yeesh. Bro, It brought back a long dead dude and long dead titans to lock away a Mcguffin from a long dead planet. It was probably the worst thing in WoW lore from a retcon standpoint.

From what I remember it was a lot of shuffling your feet with the anemic class stories from the order halls, with 7.2 being the prime offender.
    Though then again, I guess some of those stories were good, like the DK one. And the Monk mount quest was fantastic.

I don't actually remember the story being all that exciting until you defeated Kil'jaeden and Argus showed up, with Argus being a highlight. Though I guess that could also be chalked up to it being the most visually stunning part.
    Yes, the story was that good. It was good in Suramar (until the cringe BfA retcon that turned Thalyssra into someone who agrees with genocide of the Kaldorei), it was good in the Tomb of Sargeras (aside from that cringe sob moment with Kil'jaeden as he was dying), and it was flawless in Argus. Patch 7.3 is easily the best patch in the game for that very reason alone.

Personally, felt like Sargeras' appearance was more just out of nowhere and wasted. Was there any indication that he was that cloud until he appears out of it? I can't remember, anyway.

Also while I relatively enjoyed Argus, I hated that it was just used as patch content. Could have had an entire expansion based on that, but Blizzard seems to have made that into a theme (Nazjatar, Ny'alotha). So that was a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Yeesh. Bro, It brought back a long dead dude and long dead titans to lock away a Mcguffin from a long dead planet. It was probably the worst thing in WoW lore from a retcon standpoint.
    Hey now, I think you are forgetting how it also neglected to have Illidan meet Tyrande and Malfurion despite being on the very same island for what must have been months.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    It's almost like people will bend over backwards to applaud a pitiable story, as long as that story revisits characters and settings that players actually care about. Hmm.

While I do with 7.2 had more (I really do...)

EVERYTHING WAS COOL ASF!!!! THE CLASS QUESTS WERE COOL! BALNAZZAR WAS COOL! Sure, everything in the leveling was all over the place, BUT AT LEAST THOSE STORIES WERE EITHER COMPLETELY OR CONTINUED IN DIFFERENT EXPANSIONS!!!!

I mean, could be worse, could be WoD, or potentially SL...

While I do with 7.2 had more (I really do...)

EVERYTHING WAS COOL ASF!!!! THE CLASS QUESTS WERE COOL! BALNAZZAR WAS COOL! Sure, everything in the leveling was all over the place, BUT AT LEAST THOSE STORIES WERE EITHER COMPLETELY OR CONTINUED IN DIFFERENT EXPANSIONS!!!!

I mean, could be worse, could be WoD, or potentially SL...
    I mean, some of the class quests were cool. But for each DK storyline about ressurecting long dead heroes of Azeroth for nebulous goals or reuininting the elemental lords, there were also class questlines about finding a particularly dangerous demon dog that needed putting down, or worse yet the nadir of the class quests, making beer.

The bigger problem with the class questlines though is that for the most part they came at the cost of the rest of the story. Not to mention they were not as long as they should have been, considering they needed to make 12 of them with enough good plots for maybe 4 or 5.

Suramar was pretty good though. And some of the class quest moments were memorable enough. Things like attacking Lightss hope chapel or fighting a mystical tiger while walking on water like we were in a wuxia film.
    I just don't think Legion was really anything to aspire to narratively. Just because it is surrounded by even more questionable writing doesnt make it good.

Their last statement regardin class sets was that they're coming later in Shadowlands - and this was said when, last year? Or did they say anything about it during Blizzcon?
    ______

I liked the Legion story until 7.3. The whole Argus stuff was horrible. Suramar and Nighthold was excellent though, the best they've done yet.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    It's almost like people will bend over backwards to applaud a pitiable story, as long as that story revisits characters and settings that players actually care about. Hmm.
    No, Legion's story wasn't really that bad, just split in into pieces via class campaigns.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Their last statement regardin class sets was that they're coming later in Shadowlands - and this was said when, last year? Or did they say anything about it during Blizzcon?
    All they have said about it is that 1. It would come after the first raid, and that 2. It would not be from the second raid. So really we don't know much more than that it won't come in this patch.

Hey now, I think you are forgetting how it also neglected to have Illidan meet Tyrande and Malfurion despite being on the very same island for what must have been months.
    They already explained why they never saw eachother.

All I'm saying is that, even if it was the worst story ever told, people would still receive it positively because it is a story that touched on core WarCraft themes. That class story and history is an element of that.