Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Good plot? Villain-batting Turalyon is not good plot, it's destroying a beloved, iconic, and popular Alliance hero for no reason other than forced drama.
    And who else is left? Blizzard will never turn Jaina, Genn, Anduin or other fan-favorites into villains. They just don't have balls for that. But clearly, Blizzard writers don't care about Turalyon at all. In Legion Turalyon's sole purpose was to show how badass Illidan is, and since then he is often portrayed as a joke, a far cry from his book characterization, if you ask me.

Honestly, who cares about Turalyon or Alleria? They exist. That's it. I'm playing Alliance since 2005 and I couldn't care less about them. Alliance is Anduin, Jaina, Tyrande and maybe Genn at the moment - all the others are side characters although I'd argue Genn has been degraded to side character as well. Anduin has been turned evil, at least for Shadowlands, I don't see another Alliance leader to be turned evil in the next expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    And who else is left? Blizzard will never turn Jaina, Genn, Anduin or other fan-favorites into villains. They just don't have balls for that. But clearly, Blizzard writers don't care about Turalyon at all. In Legion Turalyon's sole purpose was to show how badass Illidan is, and since then he is often portrayed as a joke, a far cry from his book characterization, if you ask me.
    Here's an even more incredible idea, how about we simply leave the Alliance alone and don't villain-bat any of them? Sometimes the easiest route truly is the best route.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Honestly, who cares about Turalyon or Alleria?
    I do, there's the answer to your question.

Honestly, who cares about Turalyon or Alleria?
    Well, a long time ago I cared. In books Khadgar, Alleria and Turalyon were fun pulp characters.

I do, there's the answer to your question.
    Ok, case closed then.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, a long time ago I cared. In books Khadgar, Alleria and Turalyon were fun pulp characters.
    I did too, 20 years ago. Now they just exist in game. They served their purpose in Legion, I really don't think they need to make a comeback.

Turalyon rules with the support of the House of Nobles, Anduin has been twisted and corrupted by Satan's sorcery, chances are that once he comes back (if he comes back) he'll never be allowed to take the throne again. Especially since Stormwind absolutely despises the Undead, see the DK intro scenario. And before you tell me "but Anduin isn't an undead!", well but he's been touched by Satan's sorcery as I was saying, he's basically the same thing.

So chances are that Turalyon will indeed be allowed to keep the throne without any sort of tension or conflict from within. Anduin will certainly abdicate, IF again he survives this whole ordeal in the Shadowlands. The Wrynns have failed, it is time for new players to lead the Alliance, and these players have already presented themselves in the form of Turalyon and Alleria.
    Oh, no doubt in that regard. I'm just hoping that it leads to the Alliance getting to the be the aggressors. It seems like Turalyon taking charge would also, as aforementioned, basically metamorphose the Alliance into a more modern government if he replaces the High King position with the old Supreme Commander position.

Honestly N'Zoth is so smart that it wouldn't surprise me if 10.0 turned out to be Black Empire expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Oh, no doubt in that regard. I'm just hoping that it leads to the Alliance getting to the be the aggressors. It seems like Turalyon taking charge would also, as aforementioned, basically metamorphose the Alliance into a more modern government if he replaces the High King position with the old Supreme Commander position.
    Disagree. The comic, which is cannon, shows old anduin and even older valen in the stormwind throne room, both happy light using bois
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    Disagree. The comic, which is cannon, shows old anduin and even older valen in the stormwind throne room, both happy light using bois
    We have to keep in mind that it was said B̶l̶i̶z̶z̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ it's just a possible future.

Yeah Blizzard retconned that to be as canon as End Time.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

They're in the Exodar.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly N'Zoth is so smart that it wouldn't surprise me if 10.0 turned out to be Black Empire expansion.
    I hope he wont. Hes boring

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, case closed then.

- - - Updated - - -

I did too, 20 years ago. Now they just exist in game. They served their purpose in Legion, I really don't think they need to make a comeback.
    Turalyon is a plain paladin. Plainer then him isnt possible, if that is even a word. But you get me.

I mean he got nothing going on for him.. alleria is boring to.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, who cares about Turalyon or Alleria? They exist. That's it. I'm playing Alliance since 2005 and I couldn't care less about them. Alliance is Anduin, Jaina, Tyrande and maybe Genn at the moment - all the others are side characters although I'd argue Genn has been degraded to side character as well. Anduin has been turned evil, at least for Shadowlands, I don't see another Alliance leader to be turned evil in the next expansion.
    Just Varadoc hes the only one who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Mueh'zala ended up being very dissapointing too
    Honestly as an Alliance-only player, he feels kind of out of left field in general. I know he was apparently referred to a few times over the years but he felt like a head scratcher to me.

And then his appearance, at least to me, is really underwhelming. Big hairy troll. Yay.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Honestly as an Alliance-only player, he feels kind of out of left field in general. I know he was apparently referred to a few times over the years but he felt like a head scratcher to me.

And then his appearance, at least to me, is really underwhelming. Big hairy troll. Yay.
    Yeah all that plotline about Vol'Jin was Horde only in BfA.

They served their purpose in Legion, I really don't think they need to make a comeback.
    Tbh they should have been left as legends of the past, like Kilrogg, Orgrim, Lothar, or Medivh. Their comeback was completely unnecessary.

Why does the community on this forum constantly act like Alleria and Turalyon weren't constantly brought up in Q&As? And that Blizzard didn't create a sort of campaign to hype up their return in Legion by changing the Loading Screen tips thrice?

Alleria and Turalyon are absolutely iconic and popular characters, just because you can't see it or don't like them doesn't mean that no one cares about them.

Then again, this forum is indeed so far removed from every other WoW website, so that shouldn't surprise me.

Yrel should be a concern sooner rather than later, assuming 10.0 deals with the "dark" side of the Light (no pun intended).

Now if 10.0 is a Light-theme expansion, I would hope for many things. Chief among them that the last patch of that expansion takes us back to Draenor (Siege of Draenor as the name?). Before you flame-war me, hear me out: the sites of our former garrisons should be SMOKING RUINS, as a nod to how they were very-much disliked!

If a return to Draenor was something that happened, I would hope for:

- Farahlon to finally appear as a zone we can visit, perhaps even establish a base there
    - Friendly Botani and other races who've fled from the Lightbound Draenei
    - An answer to whether Grommash survived the end of the Mag'har recruitment scenario
    - A Shattrath City raid with Yrel and AU Xe'ra (assuming she is the "Lightmother" that was referred to) as bosses

We can all dream.

Tbh they should have been left as legends of the past, like Kilrogg, Orgrim, Lothar, or Medivh. Their comeback was completely unnecessary.
    Their storylines needed some kind of closure, so I'm fine with that. Although I don't really like their Legion stories. But now? Uuuhm...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post

It's basically the same with Bwonsamdi. As Alliance player you basically have no clue who that guy is or why he matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Yrel should be a concern sooner rather than later, assuming 10.0 deals with the "dark" side of the Light (no pun intended).

Now if 10.0 is a Light-theme expansion, I would hope for many things. Chief among them that the last patch of that expansion takes us back to Draenor (Siege of Draenor as the name?). Before you flame-war me, hear me out: the sites of our former garrisons should be SMOKING RUINS, as a nod to how they were very-much disliked!

If a return to Draenor was something that happened, I would hope for:

- Farahlon to finally appear as a zone we can visit, perhaps even establish a base there
    - Friendly Botani and other races who've fled from the Lightbound Draenei
    - An answer to whether Grommash survived the end of the Mag'har recruitment scenario
    - A Shattrath City raid with Yrel and AU Xe'ra (assuming she is the "Lightmother" that was referred to) as bosses

We can all dream.
    A return to Draenor/light expansion honestly sounds terrible to me. I see no appeal in the plot, the only option that i'd like would be a cosmic war expansion several expansions down the line from now since it already feels tiresome, maybe set on K'aresh with Med'an as a main character.

I would argue against N'Zoth being "smart" for the most part. He seems to have a high EQ, but I'm not sure if we've seen much intelligence from him, IQ-wise. I'd argue Yoggy is the "brains" of the Old Gods for the most part as demonstrated through his apparent scientific/magical expertise in creating the Curse of Flesh, while N'Zoth is just a skilled manipulator.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    A return to Draenor/light expansion honestly sounds terrible to me. I see no appeal in the plot, the only option that i'd like would be a cosmic war expansion several expansions down the line from now since it already feels tiresome, maybe set on K'aresh with Med'an as a main character.
    Med'an as a main character sounds horrifying. Why are you so intent on that?