Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not quite, they just quietly dropped him and prefer not to talk about him anymore.

But that's the point, anyway. If a Me'dan shows up now, he'd just be some random nobody we have no reason to treat as anything special.
    The problem with Me'dan is that he is written like the purest essence of Mary Sue. He is exactly the kind of character that the original parody piece was referring to.

There is nothing of substance to him that doesnt require either leaving in hte egregious writing or remaking him into a new character, which leaves him entirely pointless.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The problem with Me'dan is that he is written like the purest essence of Mary Sue. He is exactly the kind of character that the original parody piece was referring to.

There is nothing of substance to him that doesnt require either leaving in hte egregious writing or remaking him into a new character, which leaves him entirely pointless.
    Remaking his character wouldn't make him pointless, it would be the opposite. You are acting like this is a brick wall we are facing, really it depends if Blizzard cares to use him ever again.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Remaking his character wouldn't make him pointless, it would be the opposite. You are acting like this is a brick wall we are facing, really it depends if Blizzard cares to use him ever again.
    Pointless in that any part of his character alone would constitute an example of what not to do in writing.

If the idea was just to reference him as never-before-mentioned son of Garona then sure, but that would be more a nod to the original character than porting the character over.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Well, a long time ago I cared. In books Khadgar, Alleria and Turalyon were fun pulp characters.
    You said you liked Alleria in the books, you should rejoice. Since a Sylvanas novel was just announced, you can expect Alleria to play a major role in it (either in flashbacks to Sylvanas' past, or just in thoughts that Sylvanas has of Alleria).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Ah Yes Xal'atath, the alleged Fifth Old God who was devoured by her brothers long ago. She might be the smartest out of the bunch because she went after a Void elf body. Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of the other Old Gods following her example, and turning into Void elf daddies.

Like imagine if N'Zoth looked like this, he'd easily surpass Sylvanas and Arthas in popularity:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c4/97/62/c4976201c363263759a3a311482d4e64.png[/IMG]
    I doubt she was a 5th Old God, more likely some Emissary for the Void Lords at this point.

But I will not dispute you on the B/V/HElf thing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

You said you liked Alleria in the books, you should rejoice. Since a Sylvanas novel was just announced, you can expect Alleria to play a major role in it (either in flashbacks to Sylvanas' past, or just in thoughts that Sylvanas has of Alleria).
    By Christie Golden, sigh. Although she co-authored Beyond the Dark Portal, my guess is that Alliance chapters were written solely by Aaron Rosenberg. Oh well, we'll see then. I guess Sylvanas isn't going to die in the raid then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Woooo new build.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not quite, they just quietly dropped him and prefer not to talk about him anymore.
    Medivh appointing Khadgar as the next Guardian in Legion pretty much retconned Me'dan.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah Yes Xal'atath, the alleged Fifth Old God who was devoured by her brothers long ago. She might be the smartest out of the bunch because she went after a Void elf body. Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of the other Old Gods following her example, and turning into Void elf daddies.

Like imagine if N'Zoth looked like this, he'd easily surpass Sylvanas and Arthas in popularity:
    Oh look, it's one of those Void Elf obsessed people again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    We killed C'thun, it's just a mish mash of contradictory statements from the lore team that can't keep anything straight. So they could bring back all the Old Gods if they really wanted to, even though they are technically dead.

I'm hoping Lothraxion actually is fooling us. It would be pretty cool imo since he was a relatively minor but notable character from a few expansions ago that could easily give this retcon more weight and meaning to the players.
    well if we killed chtun then what did medan fight

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I doubt she was a 5th Old God, more likely some Emissary for the Void Lords at this point.

But I will not dispute you on the B/V/HElf thing.
    according to her she was torn apart by her brothers
    as far as we know its possible those are the old gods
    it would be interesting to see her return

as for the body she took its more because she didnt have a body after being sealed in the dagger

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Medivh appointing Khadgar as the next Guardian in Legion pretty much retconned Me'dan.
    Not necessarily. There's nothing that explicitly contradicts his existence, he's just being ignored. It's Medivh's prerogative to say "i don't recognise you as my successor".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    By Christie Golden, sigh. Although she co-authored Beyond the Dark Portal, my guess is that Alliance chapters were written solely by Aaron Rosenberg. Oh well, we'll see then. I guess Sylvanas isn't going to die in the raid then.
    Christie Golden isn't really that bad, chillax. Upon further investigation that new novel is....well its different.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-04-22 at 12:47 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Chapters 3, 4, and 5 are now available to do for testing! This is big!!! Means 6 and 7 are likely next week. I think 3 and 4 are about the Primus or some shit like that?

- - - Updated - - -

Chapter 7 is called "a new path" which is likely about the Kyrian, and Arthas' flashback shit.

- - - Updated - - -

YOOOO!!!

Guys! THE PRIMUS' SIGIL IS THE THING IN KORTHIA!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I...was...RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Chapters 3, 4, and 5 are now available to do for testing! This is big!!! Means 6 and 7 are likely next week. I think 3 and 4 are about the Primus or some shit like that?

- - - Updated - - -

Chapter 7 is called "a new path" which is likely about the Kyrian, and Arthas' flashback shit.

- - - Updated - - -

YOOOO!!!

Guys! THE PRIMUS' SIGIL IS THE THING IN KORTHIA!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I...was...RIGHT!
    and we get flying with chapter 3 so thats 3 weeks

Info I got from official forums.
    • Chelra the Bladewall (stoneborn) is a Dreadlord
    • Harvest of Wrath is implied a Night Warrior
    • Curator states Z’rali can develop a sinstone if she stays in Revendreth long enough
    • Dreadlords were made after the original Court of Harvesters
    • Ember Ward belonged to the Dreadlords, and then they were exiled when the Light invaded.
    • Stonewright is no longer against placing the Crown of the Harvesters on Renathal
    • Zovaal gets 4/5 sigils, Primus says he can make new ones but the Covenants need to figure out who they are first to make them
    • Primus and Helya have witty banter (e.g. “You are out of your depth”, get it, she’s an octopus)
    • Vyraz dies
    • Draka recognizing Thrall as Go’el while fighting alongside him (this is four chapters in, really feel like it can come sooner)
    • Kael’thas and Vashj have witty banter too (Kael is shocked Illidan is alive)
    • The sigils of the Covenants are to open the Sepulcher - the Korthia Keeper of Secrets knows of its location but won’t say
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

About the novel:

Ranger-General. Banshee Queen. Warchief. Sylvanas Windrunner has borne many titles. To some, she is a hero . . . to others, a villain. But whether in pursuit of justice, vengeance, or something more, Sylvanas has always sought to control her own destiny.

The power to achieve her goals has never been closer, as Sylvanas works alongside the Jailer to liberate all Azeroth from the prison of fate. Her final task? Secure the fealty of their prisoner—King Anduin Wrynn.

To succeed, Sylvanas will be forced to reflect on the harrowing path that brought her to the Jailer’s side, and reveal her truest self to her greatest rival. Here, Sylvanas’ complete story is laid bare: from the breaking of the Windrunner family and her rise to Ranger-General; to her own death at the hands of Arthas and her renewed purpose in founding the Forsaken; to the moment she first beheld the Maw, and understood the true consequences of what lay beyond the veil of death. But as her moment of victory draws near, Sylvanas Windrunner will make a choice that may ultimately come to define her. A choice that’s hers alone to make.

Okay, redemption arc incoming. It's inevitable at this point. Plus, we know now she's not dying or getting killed at the end of the raid. The release date for the novel is quite late as well, unless Sylvanas fate is decided in 9.1.5 and that is supposed to launch around the book's release date.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Okay, redemption arc incoming. It's inevitable at this point. Plus, we know now she's not dying or getting killed at the end of the raid. The release date for the novel is quite late as well, unless Sylvanas fate is decided in 9.1.5 and that is supposed to launch around the book's release date.
    While I think so as well. let me play devil's advocate here and say that they could just treat it as a postum eulogy. The irony here is that the knickers-sniffing fanboys already think it will be the final piece of character assassination, while the people fed up with her shit fear it will most likely be a final attempt to redeem her. I think her surviving seems most likely, I'm sure there is some valkyr left that can be used.

Btw, the whole valkyr thing seems so pointless now, since the whole "taking her place" angle seems kinda "lol-so-what" now, given that we all hang around the maw and she does as well..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Draka and Thrall reunion was incredibly underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    The Draka and Thrall reunion was incredibly underwhelming.
    honestly....i expected it once she mentioned his armor

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we have any ideas about what the Sepulcher is yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Do we have any ideas about what the Sepulcher is yet?
    It's supposedly the chamber the Arbiter resides in or something in Oribos. But that's just a theory.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again