well maybe we are lucky and his "shackles" and the silly bite-cone will be gone. Edit: And that awful belt.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-04-26 at 07:14 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

And let me make a guess: if he gets the orb back and fills the hole in his chest with it, all of the runes on his body will start glowing blueish.
    Perhaps the runes were carved into his body by the Primus as a way to decrease his power, along with his BDSM gear.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I mean Sylvanas is basically destroying Torghast at the end of the raid, so there’s that. Torghast is gone. That’s why there’s really nothing else left besides the infamous Azeroth-multi-location-fight. I‘m sure they don’t want to introduce more stuff to Shadowlands, that door seems quite closed after 9.1.

That basically leaves only Azeroth, which makes the most sense as we have to deal with Anduin and somehow Arthas (he will make an appearance one way or another, that’s pretty much undeniable). I mean sure they can just give us another plane of life or death or whatever, but I don’t see it happening. It doesn’t fit the course of the expansion anymore, it would feel rushed and really out of the place considering the f* up schedule. It would feel very out of the blue, but who knows.

I guess Oribos, if used at all, will just have one or two fights maybe and will be the start of the raid where we try to get back to Azeroth via Oribos, but the Jailer‘s forces are trying to stop us from doing that. I could see a corrupted Speaker as a boss fight (or what their name is) and then maybe a boss with a household name that fights the Arbiter or whatever. After we’ve defeated them we’re going back to Azeroth. I imagine the final raid as follows:

- 1-2 bosses in Oribos (maybe Helya attacking the Arbiter)
    - 2-3 bosses in Elwynn / Stormwind (dealing with Anduin, we don’t defeat him, he gets rescued by the Jailer‘s forces and brought to Icecrown)
    - 1-2 bosses in Lordaeron / Undercity (Arthas / Terenas throwback, maybe even with Uther)
    - 1-2 boss fights along the way to Icecrown (imagine the airship fights in WotLK and Dragon Soul)
    - 3-4 bosses in Icecrown Citadel with the Jailer being the final boss and Anduin being the boss fight right before where we free and purge him. I guess Arthas and Anduin will help us in the fight against the Jailer, maybe even the Covenant leaders are joining and fighting with us

I know this is pure speculation, but I don’t see anything else as realistic. This seems like a scenario they’ve done before and that could work in a dramatic culmination of the Shadowlands story, to tie the lose ends together and to cash in on the nostalgic factor of WCIII and WotLK.

Oh and another factor why I think this is possible: they don’t have to create any new assets as Oribos and Azeroth already exist. They just have to update some textures et voila.

I know this sounds cliche and very much like 8.3 electric boogaloo 2, but that’s why I think it’s a likely scenario. I don’t expect a proper expansion rollout and this would save them time to work on 10.0 which has to be f* amazing to undo the damages they’ve done in BfA and Shadowlands.
    Shadowlands is Monsters Inc. as it is the backdoor to the portal rooms. Ever wonder why Nerzhul wanted to make the Dark Portal and why Nerzhul was chosen to be the Lich King?

Currently all anima are just redirected to 4 Shadowlands realms while the rest of the gateways are shut. 1 is definitely leading to the twisting Nether the other Nya'lotha. We could possibly see and visit the remnants of Nathreza.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2021-04-26 at 10:53 PM.

9.2: Return to Northrend
    9.3: Dragon Isles

They’ll waste an entire expansion worth of content on a rushed X.3 patch, just as they did with Legion and BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post

They’ll waste an entire expansion worth of content on a rushed X.3 patch, just as they did with Legion and BfA.
    Why would we end up at Dragon Isles for the final patch? Why would the Jailer go there instead of the Maelstorm? Or the Chamber of Heart?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post

Pretty sure that’s not going to happen, so don’t worry about Dragon Isles getting wasted.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-04-27 at 02:28 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Has anyone noticed that most of the foreshadowing for old world updates is mostly centered around the north half of Azeroth?

Do we think they may update the upper half first?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a coincidence and nothing concrete to think of.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna stick to 9.2 being the Sepulcher and 9.3 being set on Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Has anyone noticed that most of the foreshadowing for old world updates is mostly centered around the north half of Azeroth?
    Unless Blizzard forgot about them, we have the Cult of Ragnaros for some Dwarf drama.

There are also the Botani and Saberon that fled into Kalimdor from when we brough the Mag'har over.
    They could play a role in the south of Kalimdor. (Feralas, Desolace and Thousand are perfect for them)

If they do a revamp, i don't think they'll just leave half a continent behind.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-04-27 at 03:54 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

The thing with the revamp is: we need a reason, an earth-shattering cataclysm that alters the face of Azeroth. Without that a revamp makes no sense. So, what kind of event would be big enough to justify this? We had two in the history of Warcraft, the Sundering, which shaped pre-Cataclysm Azeroth and the Cataclysm, which shaped the Azeroth we have now. We need an event so massive, that it shakes Azeroth to it's fundaments - and right now I don't know what this could be. Sargeras impaling Azeroth could have been a plausible cause, but it wasn't used for that. It didn't even change more than Silithus, which is pretty laughable, but still.

Nothing the Jailer can do will have the power to just change the environment. He's about death, not destruction, which means he would change all living things, but not mountains and oceans. A comet from space could achieve another Cataclysm, but besides that? I really don't know.

Sargeras impaling Azeroth could have been a plausible cause, but it wasn't used for that.
    If a revamp ever happens, I doubt the world will be damaged, they will most likely heal a lot of zones. But they will definitely use this as an excuse if they need to. Doesn't matter if they didn't update the world when it happened, it's a convenient excuse they can use if they decide to randomly change shape of some zones or mountains etc.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post

Do we think they may update the upper half first?
    Yes since Dragon Isle is somewhere located above Lordearon. We know that Tirsfal glades is now a neutral zone which mean it maybe reused as a 60+ zone which traverse Dragon Isle if they make the zone relevant in Shadowlands. The theme for Shadowlands is death the most recent places affected by destruction and death is Silithus, Northrend, Teldrassil and Tirisfal Glades. Eastern and Western plaguelands would definitely be the go to choice by Maldraxxi allying themselves with the Jailer while Acherus and Light's Chapel will the sanctuary for that area

We know that Val'kyrs can freely cross between Shadowlands and the mortal realm when they ferry souls now that Odyn's plans has fully been thwarted, no more souls to become Valarjar, no more Eye of the Jailer Odyn will make his move.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2021-04-27 at 04:32 PM.

I'm hoping the Dragon Isles are floating islands, with flying at the start, and flying required to traverse some areas, kinda like Outland and Northrend.

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing with the revamp is: we need a reason
    Yes.

an earth-shattering cataclysm that alters the face of Azeroth.
    No.

The foundation for a revamp is already there, there is no need for another cataclysm-type event.
    We've had cata-time Azeroth now longer than pre-cata Azeroth, ever since we went through a whole legion invasion, 2 faction wars, and now Death itself is at our doors with what remained of the Scourge, running rampant across the world. (There's also the WoD period where god knows how Azeroth developed, but as it didn't impact the planet directly i left it out)

All Blizzard needs to do is develop those already established threads further:
    -Show us where the legion hit the hardest
    -Show us the fallout of the fourth war
    -What zones are now under whoms control and how did they change?
    -How much damage did the Scourge actually cause? Did it hinder the cleansing of the Plaguelands in any way?
    etc, etc.

They can do a short time-skip to take time and establish all the new things, but the notion that we need another cataclysm is just dumb.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'm hoping the Dragon Isles are floating islands, with flying at the start, and flying required to traverse some areas, kinda like Outland and Northrend.
    So much this.

An archipelage in the ocean just makes no sense for FLYING dragons.

So much this.

An archipelage in the ocean just makes no sense for FLYING dragons.
    Rather than having them be some random archipelago that somehow wasn't discovered, I think it would be cooler if they are just islands that the dragons chose to rip from the seafloor and make their own domain. I'm not sure how it would go with current dragon lore, but I like the idea of having some old god stuff on them based on the old concepts.

Imagine this but floating

Random thoughts:

In the early patch 7.3.5 PTR, the area was initially linked to the playable void elf unlock questline. It was named Shadow of Azeroth, and approaching it caused the sky to turn violet.

As of Shadowlands, the PTR sky change, unavailable in Battle for Azeroth, is present.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Que...ngdoms_terrain

World Revamp????? OMG?????????

Probably not, but I do think something will happen here. There was even a Warfront datamined in BfA revolving around the Ren'dorei launching an invasion of Quel'Thalas, we also know that Turalyon seeks to reclaim former holdings of the old Alliance. It just so happens that Quel'Thalas was indeed a former holding of the old Alliance of Lordaeron, and coincidentally Alleria will be helping Turalyon rule the Alliance, Alleria has made it clear she wants to bring the Blood elves back into the Alliance by the way.

I'd definitely keep an eye on Quel'Thalas. I don't think they'll revamp it because they'd have to rebuild it from scratch in the Eastern Kingdoms map (it's in Outland right now), but they might set a few story scenarios there or even something similar to Warfronts (if they reintroduce this feature in an hypothetical faction war expansion).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    It might have been sunken similar to Nazjatar and they might use magic to make the island rise. If Helya can make Skyhold fly in the sky then it wouldn't be impossible for her to raise Dragon Isles from the bottom of the sea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Random thoughts:

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Que...ngdoms_terrain

World Revamp????? OMG?????????

Probably not, but I do think something will happen here. There was even a Warfront datamined in BfA revolving around the Ren'dorei launching an invasion of Quel'Thalas, we also know that Turalyon seeks to reclaim former holdings of the old Alliance. It just so happens that Quel'Thalas was indeed a former holding of the old Alliance of Lordaeron, and coincidentally Alleria will be helping Turalyon rule the Alliance, Alleria has made it clear she wants to bring the Blood elves back into the Alliance by the way.

I'd definitely keep an eye on Quel'Thalas. I don't think they'll revamp it because they'd have to rebuild it from scratch in the Eastern Kingdoms map (it's in Outland right now), but they might set a few story scenarios there or even something similar to Warfronts (if they reintroduce this feature in an hypothetical faction war expansion).
    Ghostland has been relevant with Quel'dorei heritage armor also it was relevant in the BfA plot. There is a reason why the northern eastern kingdoms apart from Quel'thalas became the land of the dead. Not sure if Ghostland doesn't ring any bell.

Edit:
    Tirisfal Glades deadlands ✓
    Western plaguelands deadlands, where is Uther's tomb? right exactly in this zone. ✓
    Eastern plaguelands deadlands, how did the pre-expansion started? Exactly here with Nathanos.✓
    Malganis is back + Stratholme Mega dungeon ✓

Dragon Isle + Infinite Dragon + Cullling of Stratholme + Caverns of Time + Malganis = coincidence? NOT!
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2021-04-27 at 04:59 PM.

The thing with the revamp is: we need a reason, an earth-shattering cataclysm that alters the face of Azeroth. Without that a revamp makes no sense. So, what kind of event would be big enough to justify this? We had two in the history of Warcraft, the Sundering, which shaped pre-Cataclysm Azeroth and the Cataclysm, which shaped the Azeroth we have now. We need an event so massive, that it shakes Azeroth to it's fundaments - and right now I don't know what this could be. Sargeras impaling Azeroth could have been a plausible cause, but it wasn't used for that. It didn't even change more than Silithus, which is pretty laughable, but still.

Nothing the Jailer can do will have the power to just change the environment. He's about death, not destruction, which means he would change all living things, but not mountains and oceans. A comet from space could achieve another Cataclysm, but besides that? I really don't know.
    We really don't need a reason actually. We have spent over a decade both in-game and RL away from the old zones, at best getting a few snippets of who are at least still alive there from small things like what NPCs talked during the Legion invasion or random quests that take you back.

There is arguably far more reason to have a world revamp then there was reason to even have Vanilla way back, the amount of major events that have happened and presumably been recovered from is quite extensive.
    There have been 10 years at least since Cata had us running around Westfall. Sentinel hill was just being fortified, 10 years is more than enough time to have it become a proper military garrison, better yet a real town.
    Whatever happened in Andorhal, and did the fourth war affect it? We could asssume that it was settled by Forsaken after the ccataclysm, but now that Sylvanas is gone we have to wonder whether regular humans are trying to resettle it as well, with or without military help.

There is so much content that could be gleaned simply from an expansion where the big "event" is simply being sent to rediscover Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    It might have been sunken similar to Nazjatar and they might use magic to make the island rise. If Helya can make Skyhold fly in the sky then it wouldn't be impossible for her to raise Dragon Isles from the bottom of the sea.

- - - Updated - - -

Ghostland has been relevant with Quel'dorei heritage armor also it was relevant in the BfA plot. There is a reason why the northern eastern kingdoms apart from Quel'thalas became the land of the dead. Not sure if Ghostland doesn't ring any bell.

Edit:
    Tirisfal Glades deadlands ✓
    Western plaguelands deadlands, where is Uther's tomb? right exactly in this zone. ✓
    Eastern plaguelands deadlands, how did the pre-expansion started? Exactly here with Nathanos.✓
    Malganis is back + Stratholme Mega dungeon ✓

Dragon Isle + Infinite Dragon + Cullling of Stratholme + Caverns of Time + Malganis = coincidence? NOT!
    Could even link the idea that the Dragon Isles are floating to Skyhold flying.

Odyn separated Skyhold from Ulduar and made it fly because he was angry at the other keepers empowering the dragon aspects, could be a thoraway line that one or more of the keepers lifted up a landmass for the dragon to usse out of spite, could even have it be Helya honestly.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

"Patch 9.1 is the first content developed completely from work at home."

lol told you guys...

- - - Updated - - -

Korthia will have more daily quests, rares, and events that are tied to the narrative and the progenitors.

OHHH YESSS!!! BLIZZARD! GIVE ME MORE OF THESE PROGENITORS! GIMME SOME BOUNDLESS WARCRAFT! OOOOHHHHHH